Home
Madden 2010 News Post

Pasta Padre has posted all of the Madden NFL 10 ratings, via an Excel spreadsheet.

Quote:
"I am really looking forward to seeing how the spread out ratings affect the game. It makes the strengths and weaknesses of each team apparent and depth becomes more important. Users will have to strategically consider each team’s personnel. It should really open things up with the games better resembling what would be seen in the NFL."

Game: Madden NFL 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 76 - View All
Madden NFL 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 ehh @ 06/15/09 11:30 AM
I gotta say I really like the ratings and how spread out they are. I love looking at how half the teams don't have a WR over 85 ovr, that's nice and realistic. It's also great to see 3rd string QB's rated in the 30-40's instead of the 60-70's.

Ballsy putting Reggie Bush at a 79 overall but I love it.

Hopefully the stars will really stand out in '10.

# 122 Rebel10 @ 06/15/09 11:52 AM
I extracted each team's page and put it into a website rather tohan having to load/download the whole excel spread sheet if anybody is interested:

Same lists as what Pasta posted, but just cut up and put into pages rather than one big excel.

# 123 Broncos86 @ 06/15/09 11:59 AM
I was initially surprised to see some of the ratings, but it REALLY highlights who the better players are. When a guy is rated 90+, it makes me really look at him and think "wow, elite player."

# 124 Obelysk @ 06/15/09 01:27 PM
For the Pats I guess I will break down every single players:

QB:
T. Brady 97 seems about right to me. Until proven other wise he has earned the benefit of the doubt
K. O'Connell 41 Seems rather low IMO, I am aware that he hasn't done anything in the NFL but he wasn't that bad in the preseason. My rating would have been a 51

HB:
F. Taylor 82 That sounds about right to me, he had an off year last season but a lot of it was because his interior line was on IR.
L. Maroney 78 Seems right as well. The kid produces when he gets the ball but he seems to always be injured though. Over all he is provably our most talented HB. Until he plays a full season I say 78 is just fine
S. Morris 75 Sounds about right to me, he is one of our work horses and they all split time.
K. Faulk 74 Mr Clutch right here. For his stats I say 74 is generous but for what he provides during crucial situations I say the man god sent. I say he is fine where he is.

FB:
D. Thomas 65 Well for starters he is a TE not a FB. Currently we do not have a FB listed in our roster so please move him back to TE and I guess that 65 is fine for what he has done in the NFL. He did have that one cool catch againts the Jags though. LOL

WR:
R. Moss 97 Seems perfect to me. He is still elite but getting a little up there in age
W. Welker 91 Mr Reliable himself, you can say that last year he was our MVP. He kept moving the chains for us last season 112 catches. I would say that he should be a 92 though but 91 is very reasonable.
J. Galloway 79 He wasn't all that great last season and is almost at the end of his career, 79 sound generous but works I suppose.
B. Tate 69 Here is a rookie that I think has a lot of potential but for what he has done 69 is just fine.
G. Lewis 68 If he only had good hands he could actually be a good WR but unless that happens 68 is just fine.
M. Slater 62 This guys is a bum, when he touched the ball he fumble it, he better be happy with his 62 rating.
S. Aiken 61 Nothing special at all, he has played a few downs for us but he will never amount to anything 61.

TE:
B. Watson 80 This man has crazy speed, for the second time I saw him chase down a intercepted pass all the way down to the end zone, his persuit should be like a freaking 97. Now on to him as a TE, he has speed, he is strong, he is big, decent blocker and decent route runner but for the love of me this man cannot hold on to the ball. He has a hybrid of alligator stone hands. If he could catch he would be like Witten.
A. Smith 76 A player with potential, nothing more nothing less, 76 is just fine.
C. Baker 73 he was decent with the Jets, 73 is reasonable.

OL:
L. Mankins 94 Probably our best Olineman 94 sounds reasonable
M. Light 92 I think he is a slightly overrated and Brady makes him look better than he is but 92 is good for him though compared to the 97 or 95 that he had last year.
D. Koppen 91 Very undarrated player, I think he is one of the best Centers in the NFL but gets no love 91 is good.
S. Neal 87 That rating seems perfect for him, he is good, not great but above average.
N. Kaczur 84 This guy is a bum and we need a replacement for him, his pass blocking could be A LOT better and is decent in the run game. I say a 80 is a better rating.
R. Hochstein 74 Career back up, nothing special.
A. Johnson 71 I am not going to lie I have never heard of him. Are you sure he is in our roster?
R. Ohrnberger 66 Here is a rookie who is very raw but has potential 66 is reasonable
R. O'Callaghan 65 Another career backup I am surprised he is rated that much lower than Hochstein though I would say a 69 is more reasonable
M. LeVoir 65 Nothing special at all if anything 65 is too much I say 63
B. Yates 63 Another career backup, but I would but I would give him a 65
S. Vollmer 62 I am surprised that he is this low. I understand that the Pats reached for him but 62 really? I mean I guess he hasn't done anything but at least a 65 would be more welcome.

DL:
R. Seymour 95 I think he is a little too high, the man is a absolute MONSTER when he is healthy (key note right there) but he gets injure often. There have been times when Warren has actually out out played him. I say 93 is a better rating.
V. Wilfork 90 I think he is too low here, he is one of the best NT in the entire NFL and has practically now flaws in his game. a 94 is a more fair rating.
T. Warren 87 HIGHLY underrated player. Like I said he has out played Seymour more than once and even in 2006 he had far better season than big Seymour yet, the fans chose to send Seymour to the pro bowl and not Warren, what a freaking JOKE! Warren should be a 89 at least.
J. Green 77 Good pass rusher and a good one stop gap when we need help DE position but struggles with the run defense. He should be a 4-3 DE not a 3-4 DE though.
M. Wright 73 He is GREAT backup, he fills just fine at NT and DE when we need him I guess he is fine at 70.
R. Brace 70 A guy that we drafted specifically to back up big Vince in the middle.
L. Smith 50 He was recently released I believe, he is nothing special at all

LB:
A. Thomas 90 If there was ever a swiss knife in the NFL AD would be it, he is a great player with a good not great pass rushing capabilities.
J. Mayo 88 Defensive Rookie of the year, nothing more you can ask, 88 is just fine.
T. Bruschi 81 He has lost more than 1 step, he is not what he once used to be, 79 would be more accurate.
G. Guyton 70 He split time with Teddy last year and I expection to push him for the starting job this season.
P. Woods 67 Decent at best backup, 67 is fine.
T. Banta-Cain 65 Simply put he sucks, 49er fans will tell you that, he should be nothing more than a backup in the NFL.
S. Crable 63 I am quite surprised that he is rated this low. He looked real good in preseason and then he got injured later on in the season and he has a lot of potential I believe. I say a 68 is more reasonable and I think he will get the starting OLB position left vacant by Vrable.
E. Alexander 55 To put it simple I think he sucks, 55 is fine

CB:
S. Springs 81Old but still good, I think he will have a decent season with us.
D. Butler 77 This kid has a lot of potential, I like him a lot and I want to see him on the field.
L. Bodden 76 Not in the best situation last year but I think he is better fitted to play on our Cover 3 defense than the Lions Cover 2 scheme
J. Wilhite 64 Well this guy played reasonably good last season before he got injure but since he hasn't proven much I say he is fine there for now.
T. Wheatley 62 Wheatley actually played better than Wilhite in limited time last year. Just like Wilhite he also got injured and ended in IR. But since he did play slightly better I say 65 is a better rating.

S:
J. Sanders 82 He is average, to put it simple. He isn't great and he is not bad at all so 82 is pretty good.
B. Merriweather 79 Merriweather played out of position a lot last year (he is a natural FS not SS) but since we had a need after Harrison went out in IR and our 2nd string SS was already in IR BM had to step up. Over all I think he has a lot of potential, is a hard hitter and I hope this year he pushes Sanders for the starting FS position.
P. Chung 75 What else can I say? He is a good looking SS rookie and BB must have liked him a lot to have picked him first. I am sure he will start and I can't wait to see him play, he is compared a lot to Brian Dwakins.

K:
S Gostkowski 89 Pro Bowl type kicker, he is very reliable and with a big foot 89 sounds fine.

P:
C. Hanson 71 Not one of the better punters out there but we really don't use him that much either, 71 is reasonable.

Over all that is my break down and I hope that Donny at least takes a look at those changes that I made.

# 125 Krodis @ 06/15/09 02:09 PM
I feel for the Panthers that Delhomme might be a bit high, but McCown and Moore might be a bit low. McCown has proven himself to be decent when he's played in the past, and so has Moore in limited playing time.

Landon Johnson and Na'il Diggs seem a bit low to me. So does Chris Harris.

Otherwise, it seems pretty good.

# 126 bigD_916 @ 06/15/09 02:11 PM
Man oh man the Niners QB's really got nailed this year in the rankings.....highest rated is a 69! Ouch!

# 127 ghostlight85 @ 06/15/09 02:25 PM
Haven't looked at the full ratings file, and it appears to have been taken down, but just based on that post by Obelysk I think there are a couple changes for the pats.

They are a tough team to rate in some ways, like for O-Line. A lot of those guys have been on teams that were dominant as far as blocking, but the last couple years they have slipped a bit. I would like to see a Kaczur and Light and possibly Neal a few points lower on their overall rating. Nothing drastic, just 2-4 points each.

James Sanders is average, as Obelysk said, and 82 is not an average rating in this game. He should be 75-79. I wouldn't mind a bump to Wilfork's 90, he is a pretty dominant player. Other than that, I think they are pretty solid. Except maybe drop a backup here and there. They seem to not be bit by the sub 60 bug very much. Of course I don't know some of those guys so well, so I guess I'll just trust Donny's judgement there.

# 128 Skyboxer @ 06/15/09 02:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DookieMowf
I understand there are going to be complaints about the ratings, that's every year and it's never going to be perfect. Let's wait and see how the new rating system works though. Some guys are low, but with the new system, it may not be as bad as some think.
Exactly. Seems everyone keeps forgetting the rating system has been revamped.

# 129 Champ24 @ 06/15/09 02:41 PM
Stop comparing this years ratings to last years ratings. Everything has been changed.

# 130 ghostlight85 @ 06/15/09 03:09 PM
I think I've pinpointed how the Jets ended up higher than the dolphins despite being the worse team last year.

Donny has Kris Jenkins at 95 and Alan Faneca at 97. These ratings would have been accurate in the past but neither is quite the player they used to be. Both should drop a few points.

# 131 Yeah...THAT Guy @ 06/15/09 03:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostlight85
I think I've pinpointed how the Jets ended up higher than the dolphins despite being the worse team last year.

Donny has Kris Jenkins at 95 and Alan Faneca at 97. These ratings would have been accurate in the past but neither is quite the player they used to be. Both should drop a few points.
I think the Jets are still a better team in real life but you're right I think Jenkins should be more around a 90 and Faneca a 92.

# 132 iBlievN5 @ 06/15/09 03:40 PM
Jenkins was a beast last year. Faneca was solid. Jenkins can keep his, but drop Faneca 3 pts.

anyway, what occurred to me is that maybe the ratings are meant to highlight the players specialties/weaknesses. Ex. the Will Allen complaint - Maybe they gave will great zone ratings, Mediocre/low man, low hands, mid awareness. Whereas with Sean Smith - good press, low awareness, good tackling, mid hands, high zone, mediocre man.

so in closing, i think (until we get the FULL ratings) the complaints should be about speed... like Hixon being slower than steve smith, desean jackson than Jeremy Maclin... the rookie overratings (although they may be in refection of potential), and mike patterson and the eagles LBers getting shafted <_<

# 133 Ed O'Neil @ 06/15/09 03:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigD_916
Man oh man the Niners QB's really got nailed this year in the rankings.....highest rated is a 69! Ouch!
LOL I know eh .. and we've got four of them ..

During the first year I'll be searching around for a QB, possibly get one in the off-season ..

# 134 jfsolo @ 06/15/09 03:50 PM
I tell you now, that Steven Jackson is going to shatter Larry Johnson's carries in a season record in my Rams dynasty. He may even approach 500. I'm definitely going to be putting the functionality of fatigue and injuries to the test.

# 135 DubTrey1 @ 06/15/09 11:11 PM
Andre Johnson is going to be a beast for us this year. I think these ratings are going to really shine this year.

# 136 OSTAJ34 @ 06/15/09 11:27 PM
Pasta Padre removed the ratings. Did anyone save that excel document who could...uhh...redistribute it?

# 137 the drewster @ 06/15/09 11:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krodis
I feel for the Panthers that Delhomme might be a bit high, but McCown and Moore might be a bit low. McCown has proven himself to be decent when he's played in the past, and so has Moore in limited playing time.

Landon Johnson and Na'il Diggs seem a bit low to me. So does Chris Harris.

Otherwise, it seems pretty good.
Chris Harris is a top 5 saftey they cheated him Landon Johnson and Nial Diggs ratings are so bad they are laughable But i was happy with Delhomme being an 80

# 138 SportsTop @ 06/15/09 11:50 PM
I'm actually surprised they waited this long to ask him to take them down seeing as how ESPN is advertising releasing one division at a time over the next month and a half.

# 139 MCNABB51BOI @ 06/16/09 12:25 AM
these ratings are suspect. i can only wait to see how the game plays but the eagles LBS are all below an 80 WTF we had the number 3 defense in the league thats funny

# 140 iva-chargers-fan @ 06/16/09 12:53 AM
most of the ratings are mest up..for the chargers u guys rated stephen cooper at 77 when in madden 09 he had a 86..and last season he had 98 tackles,1.5 sacks and 4 interception in only 12 games!!!!...and also vincent jackson.hes a 84 when he got 1098 yards last yea..and also a buch of other players like (TheSaint92) said how could dan morgan be rated higher that fujita and shanle when both of them are starters and morgan has been retired...FIX THIS EA THE GAME LOOKS AWSUM BUT THE RATING R WRONG!!!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.