Home
NCAA Football 10 News Post

We just posted some NCAA Football 10 dynasty screenshots.

NCAA Football 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view NCAA Football 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NCAA Football 10Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 61 - View All
NCAA Football 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 BigBlue10989 @ 06/16/09 02:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dc0KE
I cannot believe this FSU stuff. Are you kidding me?

Seriously if I ever met Haumiller, I would kick his ***.

What a joke.
Quote:
Originally Posted by eritraj
Agreed...
+3, what a waste of a salary. Do some friggin research.

# 42 carlhungis @ 06/16/09 04:59 AM
It sounds like it is unpopular to complain about the microtransactions, but I am going to do it anyways.

I guess I am unclear as to how it is going to work. Can you still unlock these things in game without purchasing them? To force people to pay for a recruiting adviser is pretty cheap. I can understand giving the option to simply purchase them to avoid the hassle of unlocking them in game, but if there is no other option but to purchase then it sucks.

Hopefully they do it like Tiger Woods, where you can use a microtransaction or use in game credit, although it doesn't appear to work that way.

# 43 moylan1234 @ 06/16/09 05:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlhungis
It sounds like it is unpopular to complain about the microtransactions, but I am going to do it anyways.

I guess I am unclear as to how it is going to work. Can you still unlock these things in game without purchasing them? To force people to pay for a recruiting adviser is pretty cheap. I can understand giving the option to simply purchase them to avoid the hassle of unlocking them in game, but if there is no other option but to purchase then it sucks.

Hopefully they do it like Tiger Woods, where you can use a microtransaction or use in game credit, although it doesn't appear to work that way.
Yes you are correct all dynasty team improvements such as increasing your program prestige or attracting any recruit above a 2 star level will have to be purchased via the DLC, but it doesn't end there. Due to a small glitch any team wearing blue or red home jerseys will also have to be purchased via the net. Also, if you're looking for a game of 11-man football your out of luck here as the game only comes with 8-man mode unless of course you're willing to pony up a little more dough through DLC for that 11-man fix you're looking for. However, currently that's the least of your worries since the game won't come standard with a ball. Not to worry though for a small fee once again DLC will come through with a wide selection of synthetic and real leather pigskin to choose from. The default game will allow you to perform several team excercises such as the indian run and the bull in the ring drill. So have fun with that and make sure to get your preoder in now!

# 44 J-Unit40 @ 06/16/09 08:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmorg
That look's pretty good actually. Looking at last years CMP% leaders we have this.

Colt McCoy 76.7%
Chase Daniel 72.9%
Graham Harrell 70.6%
Kellen Moore 69.4%
Max Hall 69%
Brian Johnson 68%
Sam Bradford 67.9%

The top 47 QB's in NCAA Div-I Football last year were 60%+. If anything completion percentages are too low.
Please do not say they are too low. Look at the SEC QBs last year. There were several in 50% range. Your list above is mostly Big XII. EA's completion percentages are actually getting closer to reality finally. The INTs are a little high as usual, but nothing like last gen's ridiculous INTs in the sim engine ('08 & '09).

# 45 kindella2 @ 06/16/09 10:01 AM
Some of the shots look dark but overall good.

# 46 acts238shaun @ 06/16/09 10:04 AM
Several things that caught my attention:

A TE with more than 40 catches - the guy from Western Michigan had 89 in one screen shot.

Completion percentage and yards per carry are down across the board.

Sacks are more geared to the DLine.

The Thorpe Award is geared more towards tackles and deflections instead of interceptions.

Nice jumps in OVR after training.

I am looking forward to this game. I was hesitant, but I feel better after looking at the screen and vids. I've been away, and someone called this NCAA 9.5. I can deal with that with the vids I saw. I loved seeing the RB power thru the middle in some of those vids. Keeping my pre-order.

# 47 lilcoo3 @ 06/16/09 10:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan55
Yes you are correct all dynasty team improvements such as increasing your program prestige or attracting any recruit above a 2 star level will have to be purchased via the DLC, but it doesn't end there. Due to a small glitch any team wearing blue or red home jerseys will also have to be purchased via the net. Also, if you're looking for a game of 11-man football your out of luck here as the game only comes with 8-man mode unless of course you're willing to pony up a little more dough through DLC for that 11-man fix you're looking for. However, currently that's the least of your worries since the game won't come standard with a ball. Not to worry though for a small fee once again DLC will come through with a wide selection of synthetic and real leather pigskin to choose from. The default game will allow you to perform several team excercises such as the indian run and the bull in the ring drill. So have fun with that and make sure to get your preoder in now!
Priceless!!!!! LOL

# 48 countryboy @ 06/16/09 10:13 AM
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan55
the man asked a question and this is the response you gave him?

# 49 jdrhammer @ 06/16/09 10:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmorg
That look's pretty good actually. Looking at last years CMP% leaders we have this.

Colt McCoy 76.7%
Chase Daniel 72.9%
Graham Harrell 70.6%
Kellen Moore 69.4%
Max Hall 69%
Brian Johnson 68%
Sam Bradford 67.9%

The top 47 QB's in NCAA Div-I Football last year were 60%+. If anything completion percentages are too low.
It's called "Arena Ball" LOL

These are all Spread team QB's and that should be noted. These are the few cases where this occurs.

# 50 countryboy @ 06/16/09 10:21 AM
Quote:

From what I understand, you can unlock all these "cheats" in game by playing it. The cheats are there, much like TW, for those that want it now and don't wanna put the time and effort into obtaining these enhancements on their own.

# 51 Matrix-Monkey @ 06/16/09 10:24 AM
Didn't read the whole thread so sorry if this was already posted...

But why the new bar graphs for prospect ratings? Now I have to scroll down a long list while checking through the recruits? Just because someone thought it would be more clear that B+ is higher than B? What 5 year old doesn't know that?

# 52 SHO @ 06/16/09 10:31 AM
I feel as though stats would be more accurate if the devs took the offensive strategy sliders more serious. The Tebow Child isn't going to throw for 44 TD and 4000 YDs anytime soon. The problem is that they use "Spread" for every spread team in the game - when their iteration of it is passing. They should use Option Run more often for those teams who run the spread option because you get more accurate stats. Tuning teams' respective aggressiveness/conversative play would also help.

It annoys me that as a commish I can't adjust these things in an OD.

# 53 CKW11 @ 06/16/09 10:34 AM
Thanks Steve. FSU's individual player ratings were ridiculously high after the development process thing.

# 54 jdrhammer @ 06/16/09 10:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
From what I understand, you can unlock all these "cheats" in game by playing it. The cheats are there, much like TW, for those that want it now and don't wanna put the time and effort into obtaining these enhancements on their own.
To clairfy for the other guy, as CB says, the "cheats" aren't even cheats. You can earn them but you likely won't get into the toughest places to play for a few years and it will take at least one season to add a pipeline but the only new concept is being able to buy them for immediate use. Is it corny? Yes. Will it affect many people at all? No.

# 55 rollinphat @ 06/16/09 10:38 AM
two things that still bother me

1) on the game preview screen it still has the total yards listed for each team.
IMO, it shouldn't say that Team A has thrown for 3000 yds this season. It should list the teams AVERAGES, not their totals. Then the team ranking should be based off this AVERAGE.
Showing that I've thrown for 2601 yards doesn't mean much, but to show that I average 289 yards a game does. Also, if you have a couple of bye's early in the season you'll be ranked like #105 in passing yet you AVERAGE 450 yds a game. That is very misleading.

2) top classes should have another menu off of it to sort the recruiting class rankings by CONFERENCE. not really sure why this isn't in there.

# 56 jdrhammer @ 06/16/09 10:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boucher
His name is Ben
LMAO!!!

# 57 clayshime @ 06/16/09 10:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rollinphat
two things that still bother me

1) on the game preview screen it still has the total yards listed for each team.
IMO, it shouldn't say that Team A has thrown for 3000 yds this season. It should list the teams AVERAGES, not their totals. Then the team ranking should be based off this AVERAGE.
Showing that I've thrown for 2601 yards doesn't mean much, but to show that I average 289 yards a game does. Also, if you have a couple of bye's early in the season you'll be ranked like #105 in passing yet you AVERAGE 450 yds a game. That is very misleading.

2) top classes should have another menu off of it to sort the recruiting class rankings by CONFERENCE. not really sure why this isn't in there.
I agree with both of these things. However, I thought the screenshots looked great

# 58 rudyjuly2 @ 06/16/09 12:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GigemAGGIES13
I was skeptical about the prestige = development idea. The default powerhouses will never come down.
That was the point and I like it this way. Too many were falling in past years and too many smaller schools were getting too good imo. I don't want to see USC, Texas, etc. fall off the map. It's much more satisfying to me if I climb the ladder in a few years and beat a big dog for the title rather than UConn or Marshall. But that's just me.

# 59 steelers1 @ 06/16/09 01:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOBLE
QBs are still too accurate and stats are too high.

Percentages in order

76.8%
68%
69.7%
68.5%
70.7%
65.6%
56.3%
The 76.8 is too high for Tebow, but could be possible with somebody like Colt McCoy... but I agree they should make low 70% the highest. The other comp %s look OK. These are sorted by highest passer rating, so the completion % should be pretty high. The 56.3 is too low to have such a good rating. That would mean the guy had to have a 35-7 TD/INT ratio, which would be fine, but not for a 56% passer.

The 209 rating Tebow has and the TD-INT ratio is also overdone, and would be record setting, but other than that, the numbers are pretty good.

On the picture sorted by INTs, they have at least 7 guys with 20+ INTs. In real college football, only 3 players have thrown 20 INTs in a season in the past 5 years (since 04). You usually either get benched or aren't allowed to throw much if you're that bad. The Texas Tech guy was unrealistically awful. He had a 43.5% and a probably record setting 25 picks. How would you be able to hold down the starting job at a major college tossing over 2 INTs a game while hitting only 43.5%?

# 60 sportzbro @ 06/16/09 01:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix-Monkey
Didn't read the whole thread so sorry if this was already posted...

But why the new bar graphs for prospect ratings? Now I have to scroll down a long list while checking through the recruits? Just because someone thought it would be more clear that B+ is higher than B? What 5 year old doesn't know that?
Quote:
Originally Posted by boucher
His name is Ben

The bars do look really stupid, and its going to make recruiting more tedious when it comes to researching prospects.. Why was it deemed necessary to change from how the ratings were shown? Why do they insist on fixing what is not broke, while not fixing what is?

Thanks Ben.

Now we have this, where you can clearly see that a D- is not as good as a B+...as if no one understood that already.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.