Home
NCAA Football 10 News Post

As requested by many, here is another NCAA Football 10 video showing a powerhouse school (Florida) against a weaker school (Utah St.).

Game: NCAA Football 10Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 61 - View All
NCAA Football 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 FutureVol @ 06/16/09 06:33 AM
saw some good some bad.. but overall i liked what i saw..around the 8 min mark a reciever gets jammed at the line and it knocks off the timing but he still catches it.
But that is how a game should be..i did not however see as much pressure on the QB as there should have been..there is one play in particular around the 2:20 mark where there are absolutely NO DT's anywhere near the QB and the nearest LB was a good 10 yards away.. and this was over the course of abut 5 seconds he basically had time to go through his progressions 2 times.. NO WAY should a Utah St. o-line have that kind of protection against a top tier SEC defense...ever.. but im just being picky because i play...anywho good stuff overall...

# 2 GoToledo @ 06/16/09 06:33 AM
Thanks, Steve! I saw a lot of overthrows, which is refreshing.
Unfortunately, it is looking like the running game will be absent for the CPU again.

# 3 moylan1234 @ 06/16/09 07:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer101er
Pursuit angles look good. In 09, that opening kickoff would have gone for 6. Instead, the guy made the tackle
yup that was perfect pursuit angle by him. some nice bad throws as well. real good overall.

# 4 gatorman1050 @ 06/16/09 07:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer101er
Pursuit angles look good. In 09, that opening kickoff would have gone for 6. Instead, the guy made the tackle.

But it looks like AI playcalling is still gonna be an issue. I've seen two videos where the AI runs on third and long. Utah State shouldn't be running the ball on 3rd-and-7 when they're trailing 20-0.

Even Joe Montana Sports Talk Football had this playcalling logic figured out.
This is really thefirst video where the AI playcalling has been a bit suspect though so I am not that worried about it. Really if you think about it too... Utah St. took a big loss on first down... tried to pickup a good amount on 2nd through the air... and 3rd down I woulda thrown... but I dunno we haven't seen enough footage to see if that is gonna be a common problem with running on 3rd down. I feel like the AI playcalling has improved a good bit this year actually...

# 5 J-Unit40 @ 06/16/09 07:54 AM
Thanks a lot Steve!

I like what I saw for the most part in the video. Time for short video OS Breakdown Mode:

The Good:

- Way better pursuit angles - Yes! On the sweep by Florida and on the KR by James (Who should have broke the kicker's ankles )
- Good DL pressure on the run game, especially up the gut.
- Tebow runs the offense as he does - pound the bodies between the tackles and make the pitch to Demps when he had it.
- Tebow had a couple overthrows where he didn't connect.
- USU QB also had a couple passes hit the turf
- New stats banners - The Tebow stat banner looked great.
- Good DL pressure on USU QB early, but not so much late.
- It seems like the CPU RBs and QBs actually run with some purpose and don't shuffle their feet in quicksand in the backfield waiting for a 3 yard loss. Finally!
- New tackling animations. I like the one where one of UF's LBs trying to push the RB on the sweep and he didn't fall down, but lost his balance. Very cool looking. That will be nice for hit stick abusers.

Not sure:
- USU playcalling on 3rd down and mid-long.

The Bad:
- Zig zag running by CPU ballcarriers. I just looks awful. EA needs to fix this for next year. Add some momentum or something.
- Iffy DL pressure on USU QB.
- The CPU punter still seems incompetent and very inaccurate, unless he was trying to kick away from James. I can't blame him LOL.
- J. Phillips (K) facemask. Who is that, Jack Lambert?

# 6 mjussawalla @ 06/16/09 07:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoToledo
Thanks, Steve! I saw a lot of overthrows, which is refreshing.
Unfortunately, it is looking like the running game will be absent for the CPU again.
I have not seen this video yet, but from the others, the CPU does seem to run the ball much better than last year.

# 7 striker3771 @ 06/16/09 08:11 AM
Thanks for the vid Steve. The "DEFENSE" chants sounds off to me. It makes it feel you're playing an NCAA basketball game than a football game. Did they steal those chants from NCAA Basketball 09 or what?

# 8 rudyjuly2 @ 06/16/09 08:27 AM
Nice video but I'm ready for the demo. I do think the lack of a pass rush on default settings will need to be tweaked when we get the game. You see some pass rush at times but probably not enough at default.

# 9 Coach Bryant @ 06/16/09 08:32 AM
I'm starting to get excited about this game. Especially if the sliders work properly so we can adjust the pass rush. Florida's front 4 should have been able to get a little more pressure than they did. Florida should have one of the best defenses in the country this season, and it should be reflected in the game.

# 10 J-Unit40 @ 06/16/09 08:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by striker3771
Thanks for the vid Steve. The "DEFENSE" chants sounds off to me. It makes it feel you're playing an NCAA basketball game than a football game. Did they steal those chants from NCAA Basketball 09 or what?
It's probably from Steve's custom stadium sounds. Just a guess though.

# 11 rhombic21 @ 06/16/09 08:56 AM
DL pressure still looks non-existant.

# 12 Steve_OS @ 06/16/09 08:58 AM
Actually some of the audio will be tweaked before it hits retail, so no worries there.

# 13 Happyvally74 @ 06/16/09 09:15 AM
Sack Plz? I've only seen one sack in all of these videos and that was a glitch by the ai.

# 14 callmetaternuts @ 06/16/09 09:19 AM
Im a bit concerned with the lack of pressure on the QB. As long as sliders can/will fix it, I can make due. Some of the other stuff looked good, the overthrows, no auto completion like last year.

# 15 jdrhammer @ 06/16/09 09:44 AM
The punting game still needs some work all the way around IMO. The punter's are terrible on this game. I realize they may have needed to punt away from the return man but it's so cut and dried on the game when there are so many more times when the ball rolls than you see on the game. Special Teams play needs tweaked, big-time. That's a crucial part of the fudamental game.

It also seems like there should be more P & K's in the recruiting database and the P's shouldn't be so terrible.

There were also times in the video where the middle of the field would have been wide open had the QB chosen to take it. Would the DL have been able to slow down the QB?

# 16 SHO @ 06/16/09 10:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhombic21
Agreed.

# 17 urlacher51 @ 06/16/09 10:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhombic21
co sign, also what level is the cpu playing ?

# 18 SHO @ 06/16/09 10:10 AM
I would like to see more User vs. AI games, or better yet User vs. User.

# 19 jdrhammer @ 06/16/09 10:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by urlacher51
co sign, also what level is the cpu playing ?
He's ran some of them on Heisman and from seeing how USU stopped Tebow most of the time I'd feel safe guessing it was Heisman.

# 20 Dame @ 06/16/09 10:14 AM
I cant see the lack of pass rushing on 3 passing plays only. on 2 of them the qb threw the ball quick and on the one where he has time. Florida all went to the outside even the DT's. I dont want extreme pressure on every play because thats not realistic. If the sample size was more like 15 or 20 pass plays and there still was no pressure then I would have a problem.

« Previous1234Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.