Home
NCAA Football 10 News Post

Here is another NCAA Football 10 video. This one features West Virginia @ Louisville, again with default AA sliders.

Game: NCAA Football 10Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 61 - View All
NCAA Football 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 Rashad19 @ 06/17/09 02:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
I'm a positive person. Always have been.

Where did I deny the problems?

Just because I'm looking forward to the game doesn't mean that I believe its perfect. And once again..I like the game, its my money that I'm spending on it...why can't people just accept that? Why do I have to "have low expectations?"

You say you have nothing against me, but yet you have no issue tossing my name out there in an attempt to make me out as some bad guy. You have no issue with stating that I "must have low expectations" and basically saying that I deserve to have people jump my case simply because I'm positive towards a game that you're/they're not.
All Bigdmo is stating a fact CB. After looking at the recent Madden videos and interactions with Ian and his crew. The NCAA videos and information has been very alarming. Broken rosters, bad gameplay, coupled with the addition of season showdown, and windsocks equals a lackluster development cycle effort. The only way one could play 09 and see the news about 19 and get excited is if they were not expecting much from the game at all.

It's not his intentions to jump down your throat or call you out just because you like the game. The fact of the matter is that you like a game that has some glaring issues so as a result of that people will be curious as to why you are so excited over this game. Nothing more nothing less.

# 62 nstod @ 06/17/09 02:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rashad19
All Bigdmo is stating a fact CB. After looking at the recent Madden videos and interactions with Ian and his crew. The NCAA videos and information has been very alarming. Broken rosters, bad gameplay, coupled with the addition of season showdown, and windsocks equals a lackluster development cycle effort. The only way one could play 09 and see the news about 19 and get excited is if they were not expecting much from the game at all.

It's not his intentions to jump down your throat or call you out just because you like the game. The fact of the matter is that you like a game that has some glaring issues so as a result of that people will be curious as to why you are so excited over this game. Nothing more nothing less.
For it being a fact, you sure have a lot of opinions laced in there.

# 63 Happyvally74 @ 06/17/09 02:55 PM
Quote:

Well put.

# 64 countryboy @ 06/17/09 02:57 PM
Quote:
All Bigdmo is stating a fact CB.

# 65 Rashad19 @ 06/17/09 03:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nstod
For it being a fact, you sure have a lot of opinions laced in there.
Nope just facts. I'll list them for you and anyone else to see. If you can prove me wrong I'll gladly recant my statements and apologize.

1. Broken Rosters
2. No momentum or foot planting
3. Questionable CPU AI and play calling
4. No Pass Rush
5. Kickoffs that constantly land at the 20 which leads to drives starting at the 35 a majority of the time.
6. OL facing the wrong direction during pass plays
7. OL not blocking correctly on run plays
8. Minimum presentation upgrades
9. Chants of defense and other sound bites sound off
10. No chain gangs
11. No refs

And I just rattled those off the top of my head. The game has some positives but the list above raises a lot of red flags amongst many around here. Please feel free to speak on anything I may have mis-spoke on.

So once again..if you played 09 and went in thinking that 10 would have these issues then you must have had low expectations.

# 66 nstod @ 06/17/09 03:15 PM
Do you understand the definition of a fact? I'm just curious. Your original post included the following phrases which are not facts, but opinions:

The NCAA videos and information has been very alarming.
bad gameplay
lackluster development cycle effort
The only way one could play 09 and see the news about 19 and get excited is if they were not expecting much from the game at all.
The fact of the matter is that you like a game that has some glaring issues

I think at this point we're down to Season Showdown, broken rosters, and windsocks...the rest is, by definition, opinion.

# 67 TheTodd84 @ 06/17/09 03:22 PM
lol, nice Rashad, couldn't have said it better myself. But it leaves me wondering a few things, which, coincidentally i was wondering after 09 came out! lmao.

1. How is Ben Haumiller still employed? If this crap were any other profession and someone did this awful of a job of oversight and letting crap like this be a final product, they would be canned with no questions asked. If my performance at my job was that horrible, I would expect to come in the next day and have my desk completely cleaned out with a message "**** you" on my desk, lol.

2. Why do these people REFUSE to work on fixing GLARING gameplay flaws like Ian?

3. Why are these devs so silent in these forums? Ian is everywhere addressing the issues we have with madden. I remember when someone had a criticism of a madden 09 video about the O-line blocking and literally, less than 10 posts later, Ian was like "I know what you are talking about, thank you and we are fixing this right now." Awesome. But these NCAA guys are nowhere to be found. They can't even admit wrongdoing. Wow. do they work for Bernie Madoff too? hahahah.

4. How much time is ACTUALLY put into getting the little things right with this game? The rosters, the uniforms, the playbooks. My guess would be no more than a week or two.

5. How much time is ACTUALLY put into the gameplay of this game?

I could go on and on for days, but all we want to know is that the right people have been dismissed from their duties, like we did when Ian came on board madden this year and that the game is headed in the right direction. This just simply cannot continue in the future. This game is simply a large ponzi scheme for 60 dollars per person.

I won't take credit for this, but it was the best thing that's been about the NCAA series in years, and four marks to who said it:

"Band-aids covering Bullet wounds."

# 68 Rashad19 @ 06/17/09 03:22 PM
Quote:
Do you understand the definition of a fact? I'm just curious. Your original post included the following phrases which are not facts, but opinions:

The NCAA videos and information has been very alarming.
bad gameplay
lackluster development cycle effort
The only way one could play 09 and see the news about 19 and get excited is if they were not expecting much from the game at all.
The fact of the matter is that you like a game that has some glaring issues

I think at this point we're down to Season Showdown, broken rosters, and windsocks...the rest is, by definition, opinion.
I definitely understand what a fact is. What we have seen in these videos is pretty much what we are going to get. It was no coincidence that it took so long for the gameplay videos to drop. They knew what they had put together was fundamentally wrong. Ian and crew flaunted their work only to be ridiculed and poked and prodded to a fault. But you know what I feel like the end product is turning out to be something special. And it becomes more evident with each bit of video or information that is being released.

Now if you want to turn a blind eye to what you have seen so far and say "I'm sure everything will be fixed when I get the game" then go right ahead. From what I have seen with my own eyes and past historical experiences what I am saying is fact. Let's reconnect once the game drops and we'll see just how accurate or off base I was.

# 69 nstod @ 06/17/09 03:28 PM
Quote:
I definitely understand what a fact is. What we have seen in these videos is pretty much what we are going to get. It was no coincidence that it took so long for the gameplay videos to drop. They knew what they had put together was fundamentally wrong. Ian and crew flaunted their work only to be ridiculed and poked and prodded to a fault. But you know what I feel like the end product is turning out to be something special. And it becomes more evident with each bit of video or information that is being released.

Now if you want to turn a blind eye to what you have seen so far and say "I'm sure everything will be fixed when I get the game" then go right ahead. From what I have seen with my own eyes and past historical experiences what I am saying is fact. Let's reconnect once the game drops and we'll see just how accurate or off base I was.
You're missing the point. There are some people on this board that are still excited to play the game, despite it's flaws. I agree that some things aren't quite right. Why can't we be excited to play it as it is? So it bugs you. Go buy another game. Enjoy it. I'm not going to follow you to the Madden forums trying to persuade you that you're wrong.

I, personally, see a number of improvements to this game that were deal breakers in 09 (pursuit angles #1 by far). So, I feel like I can enjoy this game and be excited for it. It's my $60, and I feel like I'll get my money's worth. If you don't think you will, then I am very happy that you've decided to use YOUR $60 elsewhere.

If you want to reconvene in 2 months and try to convince someone you don't know that they should feel the same way as you, so be it. In all honesty, the half a dozen people that follow the "optimistic" ones around shouting at them to change their minds do little more than show their age.

Again, though, what you keep posting is your OPINIONS on the subject. Not facts.

# 70 countryboy @ 06/17/09 03:39 PM
Excitement to play the game does not equate to feeling the game is perfect.

# 71 Rashad19 @ 06/17/09 03:42 PM
Quote:
You're missing the point. There are some people on this board that are still excited to play the game, despite it's flaws. I agree that some things aren't quite right. Why can't we be excited to play it as it is? So it bugs you. Go buy another game. Enjoy it. I'm not going to follow you to the Madden forums trying to persuade you that you're wrong.

I, personally, see a number of improvements to this game that were deal breakers in 09 (pursuit angles #1 by far). So, I feel like I can enjoy this game and be excited for it. It's my $60, and I feel like I'll get my money's worth. If you don't think you will, then I am very happy that you've decided to use YOUR $60 elsewhere.

If you want to reconvene in 2 months and try to convince someone you don't know that they should feel the same way as you, so be it. In all honesty, the half a dozen people that follow the "optimistic" ones around shouting at them to change their minds do little more than show their age.

Again, though, what you keep posting is your OPINIONS on the subject. Not facts.
I have never tried to convince you to feel the same way as I do. If you enjoy the game go right ahead and play it and have a great time. So I hope that you do not feel I'm attacking YOU because I am not.

Your right I am showing my age as a valued consumer. The truth hurts and even I had to pull my rose colored glasses and say enough is enough. NSTOD I want more out of this game not for myself but for guys like you. You deserve better. I know you are just fine with the game the way it is but I will say it again. YOU DESERVE A BETTER GAME!! So I am going to continue to point out glaring issues that should have never made it out of the offices of the EA studios.

If I was lead designer of NCAA and these videos came across my desk as a representation of my work I would have been livid. I would have driven my entire team night and day until things improved because that's how much I care. I take pride in my work and the work of those around me. So yes I am going to continue to show my age and state the facts as I see them.

# 72 Rashad19 @ 06/17/09 03:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTodd84
lol, nice Rashad, couldn't have said it better myself. But it leaves me wondering a few things, which, coincidentally i was wondering after 09 came out! lmao.

1. How is Ben Haumiller still employed? If this crap were any other profession and someone did this awful of a job of oversight and letting crap like this be a final product, they would be canned with no questions asked. If my performance at my job was that horrible, I would expect to come in the next day and have my desk completely cleaned out with a message "**** you" on my desk, lol.

2. Why do these people REFUSE to work on fixing GLARING gameplay flaws like Ian?

3. Why are these devs so silent in these forums? Ian is everywhere addressing the issues we have with madden. I remember when someone had a criticism of a madden 09 video about the O-line blocking and literally, less than 10 posts later, Ian was like "I know what you are talking about, thank you and we are fixing this right now." Awesome. But these NCAA guys are nowhere to be found. They can't even admit wrongdoing. Wow. do they work for Bernie Madoff too? hahahah.

4. How much time is ACTUALLY put into getting the little things right with this game? The rosters, the uniforms, the playbooks. My guess would be no more than a week or two.

5. How much time is ACTUALLY put into the gameplay of this game?

I could go on and on for days, but all we want to know is that the right people have been dismissed from their duties, like we did when Ian came on board madden this year and that the game is headed in the right direction. This just simply cannot continue in the future. This game is simply a large ponzi scheme for 60 dollars per person.

I won't take credit for this, but it was the best thing that's been about the NCAA series in years, and four marks to who said it:

"Band-aids covering Bullet wounds."
Excellent points Todd!

# 73 Solidice @ 06/17/09 04:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTodd84
just so you know, Ben Haumiller is not the NCAA lead designer. he works on the Dynasty modes(online and off). not sure what he has to do with it. I guess most people blame him just because he is one of the devs that does the interviews and such(those Season Showdown video of him really piss people off, including me though, ), and in those situations, he is supposed to "try" and "sell" the game. remember when Ian was not the lead and "tried" to sell old versions of Madden in interviews even though they were terrible. and look where he is at now and what he does.

# 74 legendkiller5 @ 06/17/09 05:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
just so you know, Ben Haumiller is not the NCAA lead designer. he works on the Dynasty modes(online and off). not sure what he has to do with it. I guess most people blame him just because he is one of the devs that does the interviews and such(those Season Showdown video of him really piss people off, including me though, )

Dear God after the first SS video, I watched the others solely to see the gameplay, b/c I could not stand the garbage that was coming out of their mouth.

Oh and I hope to Goodness we never play you guys when you go all-black at home and it's a night game in the fall, because Tech cannot be beat in that situation. Maybe it's the mystique of the situation along with having the hottest female student body west of the Mississippi. Whatever it is, it's a winning formula.

# 75 countryboy @ 06/17/09 06:17 PM
can't believe I didn't notice it before(although I knew it was in) but I'm glad they put the scoreboard update in the game.

# 76 marcoyk @ 06/17/09 07:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingVMSU
Hey that's my line. Lol.
Hahaha that's a great line. But I wish it wasn't true about this game.

# 77 MCNABB51BOI @ 06/17/09 08:41 PM
im sorry NCAA guys but man the game looks the same as last year i think il pass once again. somebody had to notice all these things after a year of working on the game . rashads list is pretty dead on with all the things that i dont like .

# 78 Madwolf @ 06/17/09 09:57 PM
I can't see the video in Firefox or IE. This holds true for all videos on OS. It's just a picture, I can't do anything with it. I click it and it takes me to a list of other videos I can click and that don't load either. Any help?

# 79 ODogg @ 06/17/09 10:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madwolf
I can't see the video in Firefox or IE. This holds true for all videos on OS. It's just a picture, I can't do anything with it. I click it and it takes me to a list of other videos I can click and that don't load either. Any help?
same here, i'm using firefox on a macbook air. i haven't had his laptop for even a week so i figured it was some sort of setting or something.

# 80 Madwolf @ 06/17/09 10:44 PM
Still not working. There is a space for the video but it's just grey, no video, no video box, nothing.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.