Home
NHL 10 News Post

EA has just posted another NHL 10 blog. This one talks about boardplay.

Quote:
"Let me start by saying that boardplay is something that I’ve wanted to see in our game for a long time but the timing just wasn’t right. I remember when we sat down in pre-production for NHL 09, boardplay was on the list of features that we wanted to implement but by the end of prepro, there were just too many other fundamental pieces of hockey that we had to implement first….like a way to defend!"

Game: NHL 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 28 - View All
NHL 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Qb @ 06/17/09 03:05 PM
Thank you. More footage would've been nice, but hey, at least we're getting a nice stream of info...

# 2 shakeable @ 06/17/09 03:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EA Blog
As an aside, I’m very pleased to announce that we have removed ALL two player animations from the game. We took strides towards that in 09 and for 10, we’re finally there. All the credit here goes to our animators and gameplay programmers for not wanting to take the easy way out.
Does this mean that it's now possible to have two players tackle one player at the same time? Or is this some other animations he is talking about?

# 3 Money99 @ 06/17/09 03:33 PM
For those that aren't blocked by their works dumb firewall, they're going to talk about boardplay on EA Sports Live radio show starting at 3:30 pm EST.

http://den-a.plr.liquidcompass.net/s...pe=silverlight

# 4 Bolts_26 @ 06/17/09 03:44 PM
Good to see this info coming out. I think that people may "overuse" it. Still, really looking forward to it.

# 5 Money99 @ 06/17/09 04:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealmK
Sounds like it. What he's saying is there's no longer any "locking in" when it comes to animations. Which actually should in some ways make the game more dynamic.
Yeah. And I love the news from Chase and others how the puck physics have improved.
Both of those should mean the game is going to be more organic.

Man, I can barely wait to try this badboy out.

RealmK, I know our CS team really didn't get off the ground all the much, but we should try to form another team with those guys or others. I'm dying to get back into EASHL play.

Of course, all the goals scored because I jumped in the play from the blueline are not my fault. The goalie should know I'm going to do that.

# 6 tyler289 @ 06/17/09 06:46 PM
I'm going to spend so many hours playing this game with my roomate. I'm not going to be able to get any of my work done.

# 7 Bolts_26 @ 06/17/09 10:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler289
I'm going to spend so many hours playing this game with my roomate. I'm not going to be able to get any of my work done.
Same, but not with a roomate, hahah.

Hopfully NHL 10 wont make me fail High School.=]

# 8 boritter @ 06/19/09 03:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealmK
What he's saying is there's no longer any "locking in" when it comes to animations. Which actually should in some ways make the game more dynamic.
The fact that they have removed all two player animations is very exciting for me. This could do wonders for the weight and physics of NHL.

I wish EA's football games would remove all the two player animations.

# 9 armi5718 @ 06/19/09 11:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb
Thank you. More footage would've been nice, but hey, at least we're getting a nice stream of info...
Qb, your avatar says "Penis Mightier" Hope you were aware of that.

# 10 Bolts_26 @ 06/19/09 11:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by armi5718
Hahaha. Thats great.

# 11 mkharsh33 @ 06/20/09 08:43 PM
is that sean connery from SNL's Jeopardy parody??

# 12 armi5718 @ 06/20/09 10:40 PM
Guess they don't have SNL in Canada

# 13 mkharsh33 @ 06/21/09 05:29 PM
burt reynolds' big hat...

and

the number "threve"...

# 14 Qb @ 06/22/09 09:21 AM
Quote:
Oh, I'm well aware of what it says...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkharsh33
is that sean connery from SNL's Jeopardy parody??
Quote:
Guess they don't have SNL in Canada
I think the TSN headline writer was also well aware of what he (or she) was doing...

# 15 mkharsh33 @ 06/22/09 01:54 PM
...yeah. "the penguin is mightier" just doesn't have the same ring to it...

# 16 Bolts_26 @ 06/23/09 01:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkharsh33
...yeah. "the penguin is mightier" just doesn't have the same ring to it...
Haha. Yea.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.