Home
NBA Live 10 News Post

Just captured a screenshot from NBA Live 09 and compared it to the screenshot from today's NBA Live 10 screenshot. What'cha think? Spot the differences?

NBA Live 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NBA Live 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PSP / Xbox 360Votes for game: 48 - View All
NBA Live 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 davidrc517 @ 06/17/09 11:57 PM
NBA Live has always had better graphics than 2k. All I care about is the gameplay being more realistic.

# 22 davidrc517 @ 06/17/09 11:59 PM
I told this to the 2k people too but, how about updating the right shoes throughout the season just like you update the ratings? Half these gamers are sneakerheads and we all know that the players switch shoes about 3 times a season. You gotta work with Nike so as the players start wearing new shoes in real life, you start updating the shoes in the game. And make the shoes look sharp the way FIFA does for its soccer players.

# 23 stephensonmc @ 06/18/09 12:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thmst30
Lighting is MUCH better, the graphics on the LED banner, skin textures seem improved, and DOF(?). The jersey and LeBron himself look practically identical IMO.
Identical to last year?

# 24 stephensonmc @ 06/18/09 12:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidrc517
I told this to the 2k people too but, how about updating the right shoes throughout the season just like you update the ratings? Half these gamers are sneakerheads and we all know that the players switch shoes about 3 times a season. You gotta work with Nike so as the players start wearing new shoes in real life, you start updating the shoes in the game. And make the shoes look sharp the way FIFA does for its soccer players.
david,

If you notice the Roster Accessory Thread (in my signature) I updated the shoes a billion times throughout the season.

I know there are 3 changes during the season for most players but if we don't have a shoe, we can't change it. Budget, art in on time are the two most common occurences. I'll let Ryan Santos speak about our plans for shoes this year. I think it'll be awesome.

# 25 statum71 @ 06/18/09 12:14 AM
Looking good.

Biggest concern...If you can STILL only play one team in season mode. Then all these improvements will be in vain.

MAN!!!!!! I hope season mode is finally unrestricted this year. Like Madden, NCAA, and all the other season modes.

# 26 stephensonmc @ 06/18/09 12:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr logic
Its a screenshot people.

You cant play a screen shot.

Live defenitley has better screen shots then 2k. Thats about it. And dont give me this, "oh you wait and see what we have in store for you guys this year BS."

Live animations suck and im sure if you could have fixed it by now you would have (****ty game engine, even mike wang cant pull an EA basketball sim out of thin air...).

The player models look like that cartoony bull**** from fifa street and the players facial expressions make them look like constipated vampires.

The only thing Live has going for it is Dynamic DNA.....The ultimate simulation feature, in a non simulation game.

Keep up the mediocre work guys.
Cool, we can just quit now then ok?

# 27 Meechie1013 @ 06/18/09 12:32 AM
Quote:
Its a screenshot people.

You cant play a screen shot.

Live defenitley has better screen shots then 2k. Thats about it. And dont give me this, "oh you wait and see what we have in store for you guys this year BS."

Live animations suck and im sure if you could have fixed it by now you would have (****ty game engine, even mike wang cant pull an EA basketball sim out of thin air...).

The player models look like that cartoony bull**** from fifa street and the players facial expressions make them look like constipated vampires.

The only thing Live has going for it is Dynamic DNA.....The ultimate simulation feature, in a non simulation game.

Keep up the mediocre work guys.
Man u really didn't need to go that hard on Live like that. I now they already know what they gotta do. BTW THEY ALREADY SAID THERES NO MORE TLKING ABOUT THE GM THEY JUST GON SHO. JUST WAIT N C UR MOUTH GONNA DROP BUDDY I ALREADY KNOW... LOL.

# 28 statum71 @ 06/18/09 12:55 AM
Man! dr logic.....

Talk about negative.....

While I'm hoping Live has unrestricted season play, what I'm not gonna do is PREDICT. Things like EA is garbage, Live will be the same, blah blah blah.

With ANY game you have to wait and see. I don't care how many years its been. BTW, one thing you can't say about EA is all their games are looking like the same games of the past.

Not this year!!!

# 29 Meechie1013 @ 06/18/09 01:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by statum71
Man! dr logic.....

Talk about negative.....

While I'm hoping Live has unrestricted season play, what I'm not gonna do is PREDICT. Things like EA is garbage, Live will be the same, blah blah blah.

With ANY game you have to wait and see. I don't care how many years its been. BTW, one thing you can't say about EA is all their games are looking like the same games of the past.

Not this year!!!
Preach it brotha man lol. NO EA GAME THIS YEAR LOOKS LIKE LAST YEAR!!!!!!!!!

# 30 thmst30 @ 06/18/09 01:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephensonmc
Identical to last year?
Sorry, don't get me wrong. I'm not being negative saying that. Just saying from that particular screen the jerseys looks essentially the exact same, and LeBron's face from that angle looks the same. The skin texture and maybe his hair texture look better, and as I said the lighting is much better. I just know we are supposed to get new models this year, and I'm not going to judge on 1 screen of a player that is only chest and up. Just saying that the chest and up in the two screens are the same in my eyes. You have to forgive me, I will be very skeptical with everything I see and hear for Live 10. I'll do my best to control it, but I will never flat out hate on the game. It's amazing to me that I am even in here and actually excited to see what's next, considering I haven't bought Live since 2004. So again, I am a 2K basketball guy and skeptical. However I don't ever want to be an *** who says you guys haven't done anything, because I know that's not true. That being said, can you change my mind Marcus.

# 31 stephensonmc @ 06/18/09 02:36 AM
Quote:
No, I didnt say quit. You have a job to do.

Im sure you guys make decent money and im sure EA makes good money off of you guys making basketball games. I'm just stating the obvious. You guys new what was wrong last year, and the year before that, and the year before that and so on.

Im not hating, im just keeping it real. You guys are fixing stuff that you should have fixed like 3 years ago. Im supposed to be excited about the proper ball physics?, really in 2010?? I bet the shorts will still look like cardboard though right?

Im not saying to pack it in and quit, but you should seriously consider taking a year off and rebuilding from scratch. I know i'd be interested in checking out LIVE12 if you guys took year 11 off.

Its what needs to be done and is the best way to utilize Mike Wang. Let him build something from scratch with EA's money and resources. That would sell me.

I'm just over the propaganda, but it is nice that you guys have your ear to the community this go round. Points for listening
I, as well as most - if not - all were not part of this team during those years. That's why you're seeing a mad race to fix things that should've been fixed years ago. Just some clarification for you.

# 32 stephensonmc @ 06/18/09 02:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thmst30
Sorry, don't get me wrong. I'm not being negative saying that. Just saying from that particular screen the jerseys looks essentially the exact same, and LeBron's face from that angle looks the same. The skin texture and maybe his hair texture look better, and as I said the lighting is much better. I just know we are supposed to get new models this year, and I'm not going to judge on 1 screen of a player that is only chest and up. Just saying that the chest and up in the two screens are the same in my eyes. You have to forgive me, I will be very skeptical with everything I see and hear for Live 10. I'll do my best to control it, but I will never flat out hate on the game. It's amazing to me that I am even in here and actually excited to see what's next, considering I haven't bought Live since 2004. So again, I am a 2K basketball guy and skeptical. However I don't ever want to be an *** who says you guys haven't done anything, because I know that's not true. That being said, can you change my mind Marcus.
I certainly hope so my man. But you answered my question, so that's cool. If you ever dislike something, don't worry about telling us. We want to hear your feedback!

Ryan Santos, our visuals producer, will talk in detail about the improvements made to the models, lighting, etc. etc.

And just a FYI to all of you. When we say we have something in our game, even if 2K has it, we're still going to say we have it. Why you ask? It's not like we want to announce to the world that we have something that's been in another game, but we do want people to know because it's what SHOULD be in a basketball game -- specifically NBA LIVE. It's not copying, it's doing what makes sense for a good basketball game. We're a new team paying for past years. I get that. That's why we're really trying to change the way things are done.

# 33 thmst30 @ 06/18/09 03:36 AM
Quote:
And just a FYI to all of you. When we say we have something in our game, even if 2K has it, we're still going to say we have it. Why you ask? It's not like we want to announce to the world that we have something that's been in another game, but we do want people to know because it's what SHOULD be in a basketball game -- specifically NBA LIVE. It's not copying, it's doing what makes sense for a good basketball game. We're a new team paying for past years. I get that. That's why we're really trying to change the way things are done.
I'm down for that. People will complain about you guys announcing something that 2K already has, but why? I'd rather know that you guys finally have it as well. Like you said if it's something core to basketball or presentation then it's not copycatting, it's making a decision that makes sense for an NBA game. Both games are trying to replicate the exact same sport, so of course both games are going to have similar features. How can that not be expected? There are things I would like for 2K to do that Live has previously already done. It works both ways.

# 34 KingCashus @ 06/18/09 03:38 AM
Quote:
I certainly hope so my man. But you answered my question, so that's cool. If you ever dislike something, don't worry about telling us. We want to hear your feedback!

Ryan Santos, our visuals producer, will talk in detail about the improvements made to the models, lighting, etc. etc.

Pretty much exactly like the Madden Team. You guys have my respect because I know how it feels to pick up after somebody else and clean all their messes. If "they" had built a solid enough foundation to begin with, you guys would be light years ahead of where you are now. It takes extremely dedicated people to look at the poor product they have to start with and turn that into gold.

Good luck. I want to see great basketball on my screen every fall, and it seems like you guys are getting there.

# 35 Muzyk23 @ 06/18/09 04:49 AM
better depth of view, lighting, textures, but the headband and jersey look so-so

# 36 dukerock12 @ 06/18/09 06:40 AM
i wouldnt take anything from this picture as EA is well known for "cleaning up" their photos

# 37 edubbs @ 06/18/09 07:06 AM
Steph, speaking of jerseys......Can you guys please take a close look at the Wizard's jersey art?

Last year they 'tweaked' the outline trim color of both the home and away jeresys. In previous years the outline trim was a dark shade of tan (almost brown) but last year they went to a very light shade of tan.

This applies to the name plates on the back of the jerseys, the trim around the name 'Wizards' on the front of the jersey, and the trim along the side of the jersey and shorts.

I don't know how to attached images but here are 2 links for home and away.

-updated jerseys they wore last year home and away. These versions did not make it in Live09.
http://www.nba.com/media/wizards/stevenson1600x1200.jpg
http://www.nba.com/media/wizards/dixon1600x1200.jpg

-old versions that were in Live09
http://www.nba.com/media/wizards/arenas1600x1200.jpg
http://www.nba.com/media/wizards/thomas1600x1200.jpg

thanks

# 38 KG#5beantown @ 06/18/09 10:32 AM
EA is known for cleaning up the pictures???

Man what about the 2k pics of last year...compare them with gameplay graphics...it does not come close to it...

I'm excited about every news of live 10. and the pic of yesterday was great...a big step compared to live 09.

Steph and all of the team did a great job also providing us with news about the game. I really like that...so I will stick with EA...I never had that kind of enthusiasm from a game producer to try to make things better.

I think EA and live 10 will bring us a whole new basketball experience this year...and live will climb the mountain to reach the top, where 2k is sitting with an old guy that is named "Mr. Evolution" ...come on "Mr Revolution of Live"...kick him from the top!!!

# 39 dragon4thQ @ 06/18/09 11:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by edubbs
Steph, speaking of jerseys......Can you guys please take a close look at the Wizard's jersey art?

Last year they 'tweaked' the outline trim color of both the home and away jeresys. In previous years the outline trim was a dark shade of tan (almost brown) but last year they went to a very light shade of tan.

This applies to the name plates on the back of the jerseys, the trim around the name 'Wizards' on the front of the jersey, and the trim along the side of the jersey and shorts.

I don't know how to attached images but here are 2 links for home and away.

-updated jerseys they wore last year home and away. These versions did not make it in Live09.
http://www.nba.com/media/wizards/stevenson1600x1200.jpg
http://www.nba.com/media/wizards/dixon1600x1200.jpg

-old versions that were in Live09
http://www.nba.com/media/wizards/arenas1600x1200.jpg
http://www.nba.com/media/wizards/thomas1600x1200.jpg

thanks
I was all over informing the producers that a few months back. One thing I do hope is the Hornets uniform has the proper font 'Council' for Live 10 and not the font they used for 09.

# 40 TJdaSportsGuy @ 06/18/09 11:48 AM
Guys,

Enough with this 3rd grade childish garbage, ok? Constructive comments are all that is welcomed here. Anything else is getting an infraction and people are about to start losing their NBA Live forum access.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.