Home
NBA Live 10 News Post

Just captured a screenshot from NBA Live 09 and compared it to the screenshot from today's NBA Live 10 screenshot. What'cha think? Spot the differences?

NBA Live 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NBA Live 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PSP / Xbox 360Votes for game: 48 - View All
NBA Live 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 BiggD @ 06/18/09 07:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSW
im gettin it..360 tho
me too..someone's gotta make the warriors play better then they do IRL..

# 62 WTF @ 06/18/09 07:32 PM
Yep. Have already made my decision. Just like every year, I'll buy both big NBA Titles, and ponder buying Sony's version. Live, with the vast improvements that I expect they've made, is my title that I'm most anticipating, but that could change.

I will be buying it though, and supporting the devs that are active here on OS.

# 63 23 @ 06/18/09 07:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
Eh, I should. I'm buying it, and between the soon to be wife, and job, we'll see how much I'll get to play. I doubt I'll be playing online leagues, but I'll get some PT on the PS3.
forget the leagues man, SP is where its at

# 64 Dantecamp21 @ 06/18/09 07:38 PM
I'm on WTF's camp, every year I buy all of the 3 games. I must be one of the few who finds some value in Sony's game.

# 65 WTF @ 06/18/09 07:38 PM
That's what I'm saying too bro. One thing is for sure... I'm excited about this years Live moreso than I've ever been, and getting internet at the new place couldnt' have came at a better time.

# 66 23 @ 06/18/09 07:41 PM
Looks like alot of guys are generally excited for this game as I was saying, that hasnt happened for a long time.

I remember when you offered to sell me Live 07 for peanuts because of how bad it was, lol

# 67 Jamin23 @ 06/18/09 07:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantecamp21
I'm on WTF's camp, every year I buy all of the 3 games. I must be one of the few who finds some value in Sony's game.
i buy two of the three games because I don't have a ps3. I probably wouldn't buy sonys game anyway. I just don't think I could get into it. I can't wait to see Lebron's chalk toss in action. This years live will be amazing.

# 68 Jamin23 @ 06/18/09 08:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayAP19
Wow, people around here got money to just throw away on games they might not like.

CREAM, get da money, dolla dolla bill, y'all
Yeo!! I get money...I get money...I get... I get...I get...money!!LoL

# 69 Behindshadows @ 06/18/09 09:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayAP19
Wow, people around here got money to just throw away on games they might not like.

CREAM, get da money, dolla dolla bill, y'all
People do it all the time, why should NBA Live be any different.

I bought 2k9 and hated it for months, but I respect 2ksports, so I continued to get it. I hated COD World at War...But I love the COD series, so I bought it, same with the Brothers in Arms games. Don't like the new one too much, but gave it the benefit of the doubt. It's not about throwing money away. If you don't think your going to like something avoid it all together, demos are always incomplete and misleading, reviews are crap and 90% of them are written by people who played the game for 1 day, and spent 23 of the hours looking for the flaws.

Either way, I've bought every NBA titles from both companies every year, and will do the same for the 10 and 2k10 series.

It's what you work for, no different than buying food when you get off work late and have to settle for what's still open.

# 70 chrome381 @ 06/18/09 09:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Behindshadows
People do it all the time, why should NBA Live be any different.

I bought 2k9 and hated it for months, but I respect 2ksports, so I continued to get it. I hated COD World at War...But I love the COD series, so I bought it, same with the Brothers in Arms games. Don't like the new one too much, but gave it the benefit of the doubt. It's not about throwing money away. If you don't think your going to like something avoid it all together, demos are always incomplete and misleading, reviews are crap and 90% of them are written by people who played the game for 1 day, and spent 23 of the hours looking for the flaws.

Either way, I've bought every NBA titles from both companies every year, and will do the same for the 10 and 2k10 series.

It's what you work for, no different than buying food when you get off work late and have to settle for what's still open.
Why not rent the games before you buy them then? Can save you lots of money.

# 71 davidrc517 @ 06/18/09 11:04 PM
Does this dude shave his armpits or what?

# 72 Dantecamp21 @ 06/18/09 11:24 PM
Just to elaborate on what I wrote earlier, I'm very open minded about every NBA game on the market. Being a hardcore NBA fan, I get to spend most of my gaming budget on those games, so it's not wasting money since I already saved some for specifically for it. I have every Live and 2K game ever made. Most gamers dismiss Sony's tittle without even playing it. Of course it's not on par with the other 2 games, but you can get something out of it. In fact, I've been playing it a lot since it's fun despite it's glaring flaws. But I agree that I'm not the most orthodox gamer. I think NBA Live 06 for the Xbox 360 is absolutely amazing if you can get past the fact that there are so few game modes, but I must be the only one. I'm really excited for Live 10, as always.

# 73 Behindshadows @ 06/18/09 11:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrome381
Why not rent the games before you buy them then? Can save you lots of money.
Renting games now from anywhere, consist of using your Credit Card info, and almost $8 to $10 to rent. That's money I could put towards buying the game. Why waste an extra 8 to 10 bucks, when you have to spend $60 to buy it.

# 74 thesniper321 @ 06/19/09 12:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Behindshadows
I don't like telling people what to say, because I'm not a God! But seriously your post are just vague. No one said,"bow down to EA"!

But to sit here and scream and babble to developers who didn't make Live 07 or 08 is just dumb. These are new developers, EA is a corporation name, not a development group. So stop labeling, Mike, Steph and Innab! EA! They aren't EA, they are employee's who have come to re-establish the series in a good name and faith. And your bashing them for titles they didn't make.

They are playing clean up crew and trying to re grow the series. You might want to do some research. Other than that, the ban was for fighting or should I say disrespecting a moderator, it's un called for, because he didn't point you out by name, but was talking about a group of post and you went off the handle.

Even I must admit, Live 07 out the box was terrible. Playmakers edits and sliders repaired the playability but the game overall.

Live 08 was just boring and honestly never really pulled me in.

Live 09, wasn't bad at all, but needed more animations and better player faces and it would have been just fine. Also the crowd running at 30fps and not a smooth 60fps like everything else. Looked even worse, but the game didn't play bad at all and was actually more sim than 2k9.

I know you want to vent and get it off your chest about your discuss at previous games, because this team isn't responsible for those games. And for them to do as much as they did with Live 09 from Live 08 in under 10 months was great. Now they have a full year with all of them on the same development schedule, hopefully Live 10 will be that game that gives this series more life.

But calm your nerves broham and stop trying to do stuff and say stupid and crazy **** to get yourself banned, no sense in all the internet toughness. lol

It's suppose to be a forum of late teens and adults, trying to give positive input on the series, not run the past into the present, when they've come here for the first time the last 2 seasons to give early news and get early feedback not constant bashing.

It's one screenshot with more to come!
Why did you talk with him?? He's TIRED needs VACATION, ban ban ban him I was a 2k fan for 10 years 2k6 =>very good, 2k7=> dunkfest, 2k8=>dunkfest 2k9=>dunkfest!!!!!!
When I tried live 2009 I didn't like the animation but I liked the fact that LIVE 09 is 10000000 times more SIM than any 2k of the last 3 years. This dude is................BAN HIM please!!!

# 75 DirtyCash @ 06/19/09 02:01 PM
Graphics definitely look crisper, but I'm more concerned about the gameplay...there hasn't been a decent hoop game since NBA Live '96

# 76 HOLLIDAY1183 @ 06/20/09 04:07 PM
@ Dantecamp21... Nope, there must be two of us, because I bought Live 06 off ebay right after getting my 360 and I would just play it with friends around to see their jaws drop. Sure, there were issues-the camera couldn't keep up, few game modes, players sliding-but they had such a strong foundation. I'm not even gon speak on 07 at length, but I just remember buying it, rushing back to my dorm so excited to play it, popped it in and played a quick game, and just getting the feeling that maybe they didn't finish it, maybe my copy was "corrupted" or something, maybe it was a joke, maybe the wrong disc was in the box. Ugh, just horrible.
I've been a 2K guy since then, but I'm definitely smart as I can be about which one to get every year, as I assume most of you are. Kinda went like this: Live 95-2000, 2K 2000-2004 (bought Live 03 because of all the Freestyle hype, hardly played it), Live 2005 (still in my opinion the best Live this decade, skipped 2K5), bought 360 and got Live 06 (2nd best Live IMO despite its issues, it seemed to have the basics down that even the current Lives still struggle with), Bought Live 07, returned same day and got 2K7 (which blew me away with how much signature stuff they added from shots to crossovers, WAY beyond Live at that point, which was so surprising--I felt like Live 07 was such a lock to be the best bball game ever that I totally ignored any 2K7 hype that year).
In 08 the EA hype got me again (this time it was Quickstrike and the promise of being able to break out of animations, and the XBL video where EA invited gamers to test their game out and they seemed genuinely impressed, I know it got some of ya'll too lol) so I got both and after a month or so stopped playing Live. Got only 2K9 this year. The DNA feature almost got me, but I played the demo and borrowed a friend's game and every time it's just the gameplay and the seeming lack of animations to fit all game situations, and animations that just looked plain awkward.
Thing is, every year I keep an eye on Live, just hoping it gets its act together, gets the ball physics down, the rim to sound like a rim when the ball hits it, for the net to swish realistically (seems so basic, something 2K has absolutely nailed for years), and especially this year, 2K9 left a SIM void that Live can scoop up if this is the year they get it right. Should be an interesting year, as 2K has to know Live is coming back, and they themselves have to prove that sim is still their mindset this year. So here I am again in summer 09, checking prob more Live news than 2K, still hoping with that glimmer of hope I saw in Live 06. I get the feeling from reading these forums this is where a lot of you are. One thing is for sure, though: if Live ever gets it right, they're getting my $60. I started with Live 95 on the SNES, I gotta go back, but till then, I'll buy every 2K with little to no hype, while devouring every Live article hoping, hoping....

LOL my bad for the essay, but I hardly EVER post, I just read all ya'll posts, spitting up my Corona at how funny some of you are

# 77 FearlessKaz @ 06/20/09 07:45 PM
Holy wall of text! Ever heard of paragraphs?

# 78 chrome381 @ 06/20/09 08:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HOLLIDAY1183
@ Dantecamp21... Nope, there must be two of us, because I bought Live 06 off ebay right after getting my 360 and I would just play it with friends around to see their jaws drop. Sure, there were issues-the camera couldn't keep up, few game modes, players sliding-but they had such a strong foundation. I'm not even gon speak on 07 at length, but I just remember buying it, rushing back to my dorm so excited to play it, popped it in and played a quick game, and just getting the feeling that maybe they didn't finish it, maybe my copy was "corrupted" or something, maybe it was a joke, maybe the wrong disc was in the box. Ugh, just horrible.
I've been a 2K guy since then, but I'm definitely smart as I can be about which one to get every year, as I assume most of you are. Kinda went like this: Live 95-2000, 2K 2000-2004 (bought Live 03 because of all the Freestyle hype, hardly played it), Live 2005 (still in my opinion the best Live this decade, skipped 2K5), bought 360 and got Live 06 (2nd best Live IMO despite its issues, it seemed to have the basics down that even the current Lives still struggle with), Bought Live 07, returned same day and got 2K7 (which blew me away with how much signature stuff they added from shots to crossovers, WAY beyond Live at that point, which was so surprising--I felt like Live 07 was such a lock to be the best bball game ever that I totally ignored any 2K7 hype that year).
In 08 the EA hype got me again (this time it was Quickstrike and the promise of being able to break out of animations, and the XBL video where EA invited gamers to test their game out and they seemed genuinely impressed, I know it got some of ya'll too lol) so I got both and after a month or so stopped playing Live. Got only 2K9 this year. The DNA feature almost got me, but I played the demo and borrowed a friend's game and every time it's just the gameplay and the seeming lack of animations to fit all game situations, and animations that just looked plain awkward.
Thing is, every year I keep an eye on Live, just hoping it gets its act together, gets the ball physics down, the rim to sound like a rim when the ball hits it, for the net to swish realistically (seems so basic, something 2K has absolutely nailed for years), and especially this year, 2K9 left a SIM void that Live can scoop up if this is the year they get it right. Should be an interesting year, as 2K has to know Live is coming back, and they themselves have to prove that sim is still their mindset this year. So here I am again in summer 09, checking prob more Live news than 2K, still hoping with that glimmer of hope I saw in Live 06. I get the feeling from reading these forums this is where a lot of you are. One thing is for sure, though: if Live ever gets it right, they're getting my $60. I started with Live 95 on the SNES, I gotta go back, but till then, I'll buy every 2K with little to no hype, while devouring every Live article hoping, hoping....

LOL my bad for the essay, but I hardly EVER post, I just read all ya'll posts, spitting up my Corona at how funny some of you are
Who ever reads this and is able to summarize it gets one bill good luck!

# 79 stephensonmc @ 06/20/09 10:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HOLLIDAY1183

Thanks for the post man! It's good to see that you remember your roots We hope many others will this year as well. We know it's an uphill climb for us, and that we can't just reverse overnight, but I ask that if what you see / play (demo) makes you excited for the game, remember your roots and come on home! Apologies for being a one bedroom apt. for a bit...

# 80 HOLLIDAY1183 @ 06/21/09 01:45 AM
lol sorry guys for the massive post, but I just wanted to give the devs a rundown of what I imagine has been the experience for many as they wait for Live to reach its past glory! And I'm excited because this year I just have this feeling, like their really listening and applying all of your feedback.

@ stephensonmc... hey without a doubt, if Live is great this year my $60 is yours lol. I'm happy with 2K9 and am actually playing it now, lol, but 2K pissed me off this year with some of the animations (unstoppable offensive moves that suck the defender in every time UGH), and they kinda got away from what made them "the sim game" in the first place.

But I'm definitely feeling good about Live this year. Not any features, game modes, sneakers, etc, I mean all of that is great, but smooth, sim gameplay is the key

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.