Home
NCAA Football 10 News Post

Here is a new NCAA Football 10 video that features some adjusted sliders. More specifically, AA, Pass Blocking 0, Break Block 100. I'm going to try and grab a user vs. AI clip before bed.

Game: NCAA Football 10Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 61 - View All
NCAA Football 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 AuburnAlumni @ 06/17/09 11:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhombic21
Yep, it looks like all we can do is wait for a post-release patch. Last year that didn't happen until 2 or 3 weeks into August, and then it didn't even address the pass rush.
The NCAA developers need to be tied to a chair with their eyelids taped open ala A Clockwork Orange and watch JUST the OL/DL interaction on All Pro Football 2k8 and NFL 2k5.

I just played a game and forgot how incredible the line play is in that game. A true pocket, DEs that get UPFIELD and speed rush around the OT for sacks in a realistic manner, DTs that get push....

I love the NCAA series, but good lord...a game that is 5 years old is light years ahead in this one particular part of football than EA's college game is.

# 42 GetYaWeigtUp @ 06/17/09 11:17 PM
Quote:
Yep, it looks like all we can do is wait for a post-release patch. Last year that didn't happen until 2 or 3 weeks into August, and then it didn't even address the pass rush.
Its obvious, the NCAA team mailed it in a long time ago. Maybe they took a year off to help the Madden team. Its just sickening at this point, waiting for a pathch is pointless and we shouldnt be relegated to buy a flawed game! I feel like a cheap date who got stuck having to pay. (Although Im not paying for it, I'd steal it and take the chance on getting caught before EA ever got my money again), and Im def not helping pay these guys' salaries for another year. I'd rather see them step down! If we can fire coaches and GMs for not producing, we should be able to release these guys into free agency also. Its a shame!

# 43 munson11 @ 06/17/09 11:18 PM
Windsocks >>>>>>>> Pass Rush, apparently.

This video definitely hurts. I'll try and hold further comment until after I get the demo tomorrow, but I'm not looking forward to it.

I hope there is a Day 1 patch to fix this, but I'm kind of doubting it. I'm hoping the pursuit angles will kind of overshadow this a little bit, but it's very unlikely. This is a blatant screw up. Maybe things would be better on Heisman or something?

# 44 stoncold32 @ 06/17/09 11:19 PM
does the receiver have to jump on every long pass?

# 45 AuburnAlumni @ 06/17/09 11:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by williamf30
Hey KingVMSU, 9 wins- it sucks- and TWO straight bowls... WOW... That is impressive.... WAIT no it isnt hahahaha.... Try Some SEC teams: Florida, LSU, Bama... THOSE ARE IMPRESSIVE TEAMS BUD...
E-NOUGH!!

Good lord..take it to the College Football Forum.

# 46 J-Unit40 @ 06/17/09 11:23 PM
Quote:
I just hope this is an AI vs. AI only issue. If not, just wow EA. Wow. Any improvements were mostly crushed by not having a legitimate pass rush.

Oh, and what on earth was that screen pass that was set-up by Oklahoma? And by "set-up", I use the term very loosely. That was awful.

# 47 Geauxldenboy @ 06/17/09 11:25 PM
Quote:
Hey KingVMSU, 9 wins- it sucks- and TWO straight bowls... WOW... That is impressive.... WAIT no it isnt hahahaha.... Try Some SEC teams: Florida, LSU, Bama... THOSE ARE IMPRESSIVE TEAMS BUD...
As a fellow LSU fan I'm asking that you and the others please take this arguing somewhere else. Start a SEC v. Big10 thread on the college football board.

# 48 VolPett @ 06/17/09 11:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdmo9999
Probably because they put pride in their work. Its obvious the NCAA team just wants to find a way to make money for EA. They continue to add fluff with no actual gameplay.
I agree with everything AA said. He brought up some great points that EA has clearly dropped the ball on. I think it's constructive criticism like AA's that keeps this community relevant and important.

But IMO simple personal attacks like this don't forward the discussion and are unfair.

# 49 AuburnAlumni @ 06/17/09 11:30 PM
I'll say it one more time just because I'm so infuriated over this and it boggles my mind that the NCAA guys apparently "don't get it".

Without an effective pass rush...YOU. CAN'T. PLAY. EFFECTIVE. DEFENSE.

You can't.

If I have 10 seconds to goof off and find an open man...I will never be stopped on offense. Only if I go stupid and make a bad read or a lineman bats a pass down will I ever be forced to punt or not score.

No matter what else you do in this game...WITHOUT AN EFFECTIVE PASS RUSH YOU CAN NOT PLAY DEFENSE.

I can't stress this enough. Really.

# 50 nyisles16 @ 06/17/09 11:31 PM
Quote:
Let's keep the discussion on topic..

# 51 sportzbro @ 06/17/09 11:31 PM
wow another disappointing video showing very obvious flaws

Just can't wait for this game though!!

# 52 nstod @ 06/17/09 11:35 PM
Ugh. My hope is dwindling. Fast.

My only hope is that somehow..someway...maybe Varsity will be more playable. (Hey, it's happened before)

# 53 rudyjuly2 @ 06/17/09 11:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAlumni
I'll say it one more time just because I'm so infuriated over this and it boggles my mind that the NCAA guys apparently "don't get it".

You can't.

If I have 10 seconds to goof off and find an open man...I will never be stopped on offense. Only if I go stupid and make a bad read or a lineman bats a pass down will I ever be forced to punt or not score.

No matter what else you do in this game...WITHOUT AN EFFECTIVE PASS RUSH YOU CAN NOT PLAY DEFENSE.

I'm flabergasted as well. I honestly can't believe the crap I just saw in that video. I really can't believe how bad that was. I am not paying full price for this game! I may simply pass on this altogether. I'm fed up.

If the NCAA dev team doesn't answer these questions then they should just leave OS altogether. Why even have them here if they don't listen?

# 54 huskeraddict @ 06/17/09 11:36 PM
I played NCAA 09 with a friend last night, Nebraska vs. Texas on AA. I marched right down the field almost every drive, there was just no pass rush and the middle is wide open for passes. It looks like it'll be that way again this year.

We've been had. We've been took. We've been hoodwinked. Bamboozled. Led astray. Run amok.

# 55 Geauxldenboy @ 06/17/09 11:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAlumni

You can't.

I could be wrong, but maybe they feel that tough defense would negatively impact sales. Just like the old phrase about "offense selling tickets...." Well I'm sure that in their minds offense sells games. Playing good defense is more of a "sim" desire and its already been established that this game isn't really aimed toward the sim crowd.

# 56 carnalnirvana @ 06/17/09 11:37 PM
TO BE HONEST I DONT SEE HOW THEY WONT FIX THIS...

they must see the rage and disbelief of the community

# 57 UtahUtes32 @ 06/17/09 11:38 PM
Alright EA, this is as Joke. The pass rush is UNACCEPTABLE. Even with the "SLIDERS" (yeah right sliders, they don't even work) It still can't fix it. Fix it, Plan to Fix it, and Say You will, otherwise i'm out.

# 58 CM Hooe @ 06/17/09 11:39 PM
Well this development is disappointing.

Also, the way the running backs run all zig-zaggy really bugs me.

# 59 rudyjuly2 @ 06/17/09 11:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geauxldenboy
I could be wrong, but maybe they feel that tough defense would negatively impact sales. Just like the old phrase about "offense selling tickets...." Well I'm sure that in their minds offense sells games. Playing good defense is more of a "sim" desire and its already been established that this game isn't really aimed toward the sim crowd.
I get catering to the casual crowd. Do that for Varsity. Even AA on default. But you have to give us sliders to fix it. Customization is huge. Everyone has different styles, desires and abilities. They have completely removed that option for us. And the slider issue has been brought up time and again. They clearly don't listen to us. They might as well leave OS. I hope we get a new NCAA lead next year that is like Ian. We deserve it.

# 60 jsquigg @ 06/17/09 11:43 PM
What can bring Michigan fans, MSU fans, and Ohio State fans together? Their hate for the laziness this development team has shown. I agree with the consensus on broken sliders, no pass rush, etc. as I've mentioned in other threads. Forget having them watch 2k's football games, just watch REAL games on a Saturday. I remember last gen when this game was exciting and fresh, and having a great d-line mattered.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I'd take great game play any day over Blitz with every D1 stadium rendered to a tee. Wait a minute..... They STILL don't have every stadium in! Maybe I sound a bit harsh, but they need better game play testers and a fresh approach to development. Running the spread shouldn't be identical for Missouri, Michigan, and Purdue. I wish there were enough informed people to boycott this game, but without any competition it'll be another year of no football gaming except for maybe NCAA 06, the last college game I thought was playable.

What a joke.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.