Home
News Post

We have just posted our week 2 Q&A with the Producers of Fight Night Round 4.

Quote:
"OS: Can you max out stats for created boxers? I wouldn't want to but I'd like the flexibility for offline.

Brian Hayes: No. You can make very, very talented created boxers that can hang in the ring with the greatest champions of all time, but you can’t make 99-in-everything superhumans.

OS: Will judges have different personalities, i.e. some like ring generalship, others like power punching, etc. Would like to see different scoring from the judges, not identical scores, from each judge, on every fight.

Brian Hayes: The judges scoring logic was not finished in the demo, so the final version is a different. All judges score the bouts on the same criteria (clean punching, effective aggressivess, etc) we just simulate judges having differences of opinion. We don’t have judges who weight ring generalship over clean punching, we have judges that don’t agree on how clean the punches are."

Fight Night Round 4 screenshot gallery - Click to view Fight Night Round 4 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Fight Night Round 4Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 38 - View All
Fight Night Round 4 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 BSanders @ 06/18/09 07:31 AM
Quote:
Mike Mahar: Yes…each division has a max of 50 ranked fighters with three belt holders. That’s a max of 424 fighters...not to mention…as fighters retire or are forced to retire they’ll be replaced but young up and comers. The introduction of new boxers of the course of your career should help keep the mode fresh.
Thanks... This is great news I can stop playing Holyfield now.

# 2 parker002 @ 06/18/09 09:57 AM
Wow this looks better every time I read something new.

# 3 ImReady77 @ 06/18/09 10:54 AM
That online world championship mode might be one of the greatest things ever!!!

# 4 Uncle Way @ 06/18/09 11:09 AM
Definitely..

Bout to run this middleweight division

# 5 Jukeman @ 06/18/09 11:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StonesRunIt
no way, not one of my questions made it....wow
Lmao!

A couple of mine were, its Christmas in June!

What was your question?

# 6 DirtyJerz32 @ 06/18/09 12:03 PM
OS: Can you give us some detailed information on the Online World Championship mode?

Mike Mahar:
Some key highlights of the Online Championship Mode are;
- 3 Weight Classes (Light Weight, Middle Weight, Heavy Weight). We did this to ensure there was always a critical mass of users to fight against.
- Region-less game play…Each user can be matched up against boxers from regions around the world (U.S.A., Canada, UK, France…etc).
- 1 Championship Belt per weight Class. The person holding the belt is truly the champion of the world for their weight class.
- Created Characters only. We want user’s to be representing with their virtual selves.
- All boxers will have their ratings leveled based on their key attributes. Everyone is on a level playing field, your success will be measure based on how good you are at the sweet science of boxing and not how good your characters ratings are.

I love this part. I wish games like Tiger 10 did this as well. Let the guys that are better on the sticks get wins. Not some guy setting at home with no job, not going to school be the top on the list because he got his ratings up quicker. I'm really looking forward to this game.

# 7 Po Pimp @ 06/18/09 12:44 PM
Quote:
no way, not one of my questions made it....wow
That sucks. I went back and looked at what questions you submitted to see if they were dumb (to see if that was the reason they declined), but you actually asked some good questions.

I got like 3 of my questions answered, but they were all Legacy Mode related. I'd rather they had answered my gameplay questions.

# 8 parker002 @ 06/18/09 02:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyJerz32
OS: Can you give us some detailed information on the Online World Championship mode?

Mike Mahar:
Some key highlights of the Online Championship Mode are;
- 3 Weight Classes (Light Weight, Middle Weight, Heavy Weight). We did this to ensure there was always a critical mass of users to fight against.
- Region-less game play…Each user can be matched up against boxers from regions around the world (U.S.A., Canada, UK, France…etc).
- 1 Championship Belt per weight Class. The person holding the belt is truly the champion of the world for their weight class.
- Created Characters only. We want user’s to be representing with their virtual selves.
- All boxers will have their ratings leveled based on their key attributes. Everyone is on a level playing field, your success will be measure based on how good you are at the sweet science of boxing and not how good your characters ratings are.

I love this part. I wish games like Tiger 10 did this as well. Let the guys that are better on the sticks get wins. Not some guy setting at home with no job, not going to school be the top on the list because he got his ratings up quicker. I'm really looking forward to this game.
For online, that's GREAT.

But for offline, it's a double-edged sword. There's nothing I hate more than spending time and effort in the mini-games (aka recruiting in NCAA) in order to get great stats, only to have them be rendered completely irrelevant by my skill (or lack of skill) with the controller.

# 9 Uncle Way @ 06/18/09 03:27 PM
lol...

pretty sure its only for the online character tho
doubt they have a cap on how good ur legacy mode character is.. even if you are ****e on the sticks

# 10 funky_chicken @ 06/18/09 06:10 PM
This game is really sounding good. Tuesday can not come soon enough. I

# 11 DirtyJerz32 @ 06/18/09 07:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by parker002
For online, that's GREAT.

But for offline, it's a double-edged sword. There's nothing I hate more than spending time and effort in the mini-games (aka recruiting in NCAA) in order to get great stats, only to have them be rendered completely irrelevant by my skill (or lack of skill) with the controller.

It's online CAB's. That's what I'm talking about.

# 12 Vast @ 06/18/09 08:37 PM
only 1 belt per weightclass for the world is too much. Millions of people vying for just 1 belt. Not even in real boxing is it like that. there should be like 5 belts per region per weight class.

actually getting a title shot is going to be impossible.

# 13 JayBee74 @ 06/18/09 08:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vast
only 1 belt per weightclass for the world is too much. Millions of people vying for just 1 belt. Not even in real boxing is it like that. there should be like 5 belts per region per weight class.

actually getting a title shot is going to be impossible.
Will tournaments (like 32, 16, 8, or 4 player type) be available?

# 14 parker002 @ 06/18/09 11:42 PM
Quote:
Clearly only the questions he wanted to address were ones he could give positive answers to and promote the little known 'Legacy' mode...

If that was the case just write a damn article instead of writing it off as a true Q&A. Legacy means little to me if the gameplay is flawed.
What would you have liked for him to answer? So far, the gameplay looks fairly solid.

# 15 DirtyCash @ 06/19/09 01:50 PM
OS: Can we download our soundtrack from songs we have stored in our hard drive on the PS3?

# 16 KofiJamal @ 06/19/09 05:19 PM
Wednesday is SO far away. And A LOT of my worries have been dropped. The franchise mode is looking insane. Come on Wednesday!!!

# 17 parker002 @ 06/19/09 05:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KofiJamal
Wednesday is SO far away. And A LOT of my worries have been dropped. The franchise mode is looking insane. Come on Wednesday!!!
I think I've reached NCAA 2004 status waiting for this game...

# 18 amoney374 @ 06/21/09 11:57 AM
never in real boxing have i seen boxer face jiggle like that but ea you did make some big improvements to the game ea talk to me amoney374 i got videos of live that make 09 terrible

# 19 amoney374 @ 06/21/09 12:00 PM
great improvement fix graphics face dont jiggle like that and i got some ideas about live 10

# 20 SteelerSpartan @ 06/21/09 12:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by parker002
I think I've reached NCAA 2004 status waiting for this game...

Lol....This last week has been murderous...Not having the game has really been eating at me

VB and FN4 Demo arn't doing it for me anymore...and the impressions are almost making it worse

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.