Home
NCAA Football 10 News Post

NCAA FOOTBALL 10 DEMO AVAILABLE TODAY

Fans Awaiting the Release of NCAA Football 10
Create Over 80,000 Custom Teams via TeamBuilder

June 18, 2009 –Electronic Arts is proud to announce that the demo of NCAA Football 10 is available today for Xbox 360 and PS3. Fans who download the free demo will experience all-new gameplay features including:
  • Defensive Keys—Prior to the snap during the pre-play, hold the left trigger while pressing the analog stick in the direction you think will stop the run. If you think the offense will pass the ball, press upward. Or, you can press the icon associated with a receiver (X, Y, A, B, LB, RB) to spotlight that individual. This will focus the defense on making sure that the chosen offensive player does not make a play.
  • Defensive Player Assist—By holding A (on 360) or X (on PS3) on defense your player will be put under CPU control so you have time to read a play and decide the best course of action.
  • Enhanced Defensive Lineman Moves—With new animations, take control of your defensive linemen using the right stick to fight pass blocks and put pressure on the quarterback.
  • Gameplanning—There are six defensive and five offensive individual game planning options, or you can globally set your offense and defense. Each option changes the way your team will perform. For example, be aggressive and try and strip the ball every time and you run the risk of getting more facemask penalties.
  • Player Lock—Player lock allows you to lock on to a specific player in order to control that position during the play. When you lock on you'll get a whole new camera angle that puts you closer to the action.
  • Set Up Plays—Set up plays allows you to run one play in order to set up another. When picking a play, you will notice that some plays have a chain link between them, which indicates that one play can set up the other. Every time you use one particular play throughout the game, you are setting up for the play that is chain linked to it. Once the play is 100% set up (as shown in your playbook), the defense is at its highest likelihood to fall for that play action.
  • 1000 new animations like throw out of a sack, new shotgun snaps/hand-offs, WR/DB interactions, tackles, double team run blocks, catches, broken tackles, and slipping in bad weather.
In anticipation of the release of NCAA Football 10, thousands of fans have logged on to teambuilder.easports.com to create custom teams that can be shared and used in-game when the full product launches on July 14th. One of the year’s most highly anticipated video game features, TeamBuilder was announced and went live at E3 and has been a huge hit with fans ever since, generating over 80,000 user-created teams to date.

TeamBuilder is an all-new, online create-a-school feature that revolutionizes the user’s ability to produce personalized content for NCAA Football 10. With the capability to upload logos and numerous customization options for uniforms, fields, rosters, and much more, TeamBuilder gives users the opportunity to design completely original teams with infinite possibilities. Plus, preloaded logos for several Football Championship Subdivision schools will allow users to add more teams to NCAA Football 10. With its intuitively designed online database that is searchable across several fields, TeamBuilder allows users to share their unique, customized content with ease. A football fan’s dream, TeamBuilder will enable users to experience the excitement and pageantry of college football, defined by their own personalized creations.

The original packaging of NCAA Football 10 will contain a code that unlocks 12 TeamBuilder slots, allowing users to save up to 12 created teams to the console hard drive. Those who pre-order NCAA Football 10 prior to the July 14th in store date will receive a code for an additional 13 slots, allowing them to save 25 created teams directly to the console hard drive.

When the full NCAA Football 10 product hits stores on July 14th, the all-new Season Showdown mode will bring the excitement of college football to fans across the nation like never before. In this new mode, every game counts as fans declare their loyalty to a favorite school and give the ultimate show of support in a nationwide competition for pride. After choosing a school to represent, players will earn credits in-game through head-to-head online matchups and single player modes. Credits not only accumulate in-game but players can also earn credits for their school via new web-based games. Millions of college football fans around the country will be on a mission to prove their school is number one with NCAA Football 10’s Season Showdown.

With all 120 Football Bowl Subdivision schools represented in the game, NCAA Football 10 offers fans an exciting way to experience the thrill of authentic college football year-round. NCAA Football 10 brings the college football atmosphere to life with enhanced stadiums packed with school colors, cheerleaders and mascots. Enjoy the sights of game day with new field goal nets, flags waving in the wind and camera flashes exploding during pivotal moments.

Developed in Orlando, Florida by EA Tiburon, NCAA Football 10 will be available for the Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system, the PlayStation2 and PLAYSTATION3 computer entertainment systems and the PSP (PlayStationPortable). NCAA Football 10 has been rated “E” for everyone by the ESRB.

For more information, please visit www.ncaafootball10.com.

NCAA Football 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view NCAA Football 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NCAA Football 10Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 61 - View All
NCAA Football 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 1001 el bandolero @ 07/02/09 10:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IRISHFBFAN1
sounds good bandolero, feeling very good about this game, VERY GOOD!
To level with you, if they just fix the camera I'd be complacent with this game, now i know what Hideo Kojima was talking about when he said "3D sickness," its way too hard to watch receivers, two moving perspectives is too much. Not only that, but i've had quite the time trying to scramble up the sideline, because the camera changes dramatically, allong with my controls perspective, so ill end up scraping the out of bounds line.

# 1002 b_o_33 @ 07/02/09 02:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
if they fixed the camera through a patch or something then this game would be 100x better than it is. Just give us the option to have the old camera, this camera is flat out garbage.
No doubt!!!! Somebody please explain why they would take out the default camera view? This camera gives me a headache it swivels/pivots around too much.

# 1003 mmorg @ 07/03/09 12:37 AM
I'm pretty sure there will be an option in the Retail Version for Classic Cam.

# 1004 b_o_33 @ 07/03/09 02:57 AM
Guys watch video 28 posted here on OS. Florida vs. Oklahoma Adjusted Sliders. That camera has to be the classic cam. At the very least it is not the same horrible cam from the demo. Check it out! Pay attention to the first 3 pass plays and see what you think.

# 1005 rudyjuly2 @ 07/03/09 07:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmorg
I'm pretty sure there will be an option in the Retail Version for Classic Cam.
Nope. The game has been confirmed to only have one gameplay camera angle and that's the new one.

Greg Heddleston told Hayvis on NCAA Strategies that a patch would be nearly impossible to do for this. Adam Thompson recently chimed in here that a patch has three areas they can work on and that patching in a new camera would involve a grey area and a nearly impossible area to work with. He saw it as a big challenge but didn't know how much it had been looked into.

Either way there will be no camera options on the retail disc and nobody should be holding out hope for the old camera to be patched in.

# 1006 5280Italian @ 07/03/09 01:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IRISHFBFAN1
The Graphics will be fine, actually will be better than 09 which I thought was fine. Yhe DEMO is in beta format, the final product will be fine
I hope you are right. I played the demo twice and was shocked at how it looked visually. I enjoyed 09 and this beta demo has me actually worried for the first time in years. I will say however that I think you are right and I hold out hope because the gameplay videos to me look nothing like the beta.

# 1007 twigstudios @ 07/03/09 04:22 PM
I enjoy I can throw over the linebackers now. They don't jump 60 feet in the air and knock down my passes. Please EA fix the camera. The angles are weird especially as it comes out of "Show my play" Coach's Cam. The facemask to the Revo helmets look strange too. They looked better on 08. Also do the player models look different to anyone? Maybe it's just me.

# 1008 5280Italian @ 07/03/09 04:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by twigstudios
I enjoy I can throw over the linebackers now. They don't jump 60 feet in the air and knock down my passes. Please EA fix the camera. The angles are weird especially as it comes out of "Show my play" Coach's Cam. The facemask to the Revo helmets look strange too. They looked better on 08. Also do the player models look different to anyone? Maybe it's just me.
As in their arms are bigger than their heads and the models look like a step back? Yes.

# 1009 mmorg @ 07/03/09 10:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
Nope. The game has been confirmed to only have one gameplay camera angle and that's the new one.
Wow. That's completely ridiculous.

# 1010 rudyjuly2 @ 07/04/09 06:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmorg
Wow. That's completely ridiculous.
I don't understand it at all either. People have been asking for multiple camera angles and so when they decide to create a new one they remove the old one? This makes NO sense when they could easily have had both on the disc. They wanted to force feed us their new camera angle.

The current NCAA team seems oblivious to those of us that want more customization. They don't add new sliders or even have working sliders out of the box two years in a row. They must all play the game on the default settings and love it.

# 1011 Madwolf @ 07/04/09 08:03 AM
I did like the gameplay on this one a lot more than last year. The improved coverage was immediately noticeable, and the computer attacking deep added a much needed boost the the difficulty level.

Here were the glaring weakpoints for me, that made me cringe:

- Zone coverage still sucks. The computer doesn't play the offensive players like it should. If they don't enter their circle, they don't play them almost at all. This isn't too bad in the middle of the field, but the sideline routes are killers. 2 or 3 times I had 1 man go deep along the side lines against Cover 2, and although he was the ONLY guy deep, my Saftey didn't cheat over to cover him, leading to a big gain each time. This is pee-wee stuff. The circles aren't what they're really covering, just the general area.

- Zones are related to player position and not related to the field. This is really problematic in a 4-3 defense. I'll have 3 LBers almost covering the same exact spot and the sides of the field are completely uncovered. It wouldn't be that bad if the CBs weren't stuck in their shallow routes, with their thumb up their butts when no one is going short at all.

- The Coaching Play Styles feel like a gimmick. I felt like I was forced to make certain decesions to get the game to actually play right. Without certain settings the D wouldn't get any pressure on the QB, and the O-line wouldn't ever throw solid blocks. On the other hand, some of them where really pointless. For instance, telling the O-line to hold their blocks longer will get you non-stop holding penalties the entire game. The differences need to be realistic to being with, then a minor boost vs the minor penalty need to be added. The differences right now are too dramatic, they need to be more subtle.

- Never get sacked QB still exists. Oh no, I'm near him, and he made some stupid throw for a completion, or a awful pick. Take the sack.

- Clipping issues. Way to many instances in the demo of me making bad throws being saved by players going slightly threw each other to make plays.

- No Cardinal Bird - I mean really. There wasn't a ton of stuff added to this game this year, not adding a few new mascots is a crime.

- To many injuries. Not enough this year. Need to tone it down slightly.

- The "too many people occupying the same area" offensive line blocking that stops LBer bliztes too effectively. There is no animation for this. Yea, O-linemen can block 2 guys if they're good, but there is no excuse for this still being like this this many years into the "next gen" game.

- The QB needs to do a drop. This is one thing that kills me to this day in the never-ending 2K vs EA battle. I'm totally converted with Madden NFL 10, but how long is it going to take to get the drop back implemented in an EA title? This is one of the most basic steps in being a good QB, and this being in 2K really helped my play knowledge, and gave me a feel for what to call when. This isn't rocket science, it should be in the game.

# 1012 whosgotcha @ 07/04/09 05:23 PM
I've played both versions of the demo and both look extremely unimpressive visually. the game play appears to be the same but it is hard to tell with only two minute quarters. Hopefully the final game will be impressive in comparison as was the case for me with last years version.

# 1013 ab2c4 @ 07/04/09 06:12 PM
Is the demo pretty much a "finished product", meaning a good final representation of what we can expect from the full game? I mean, many times the demos are made before they finish the game, so the final product ends up being tweaked and polished much more, as well as bugs/glitches being resolved.

# 1014 Moegames @ 07/04/09 11:54 PM
The developers really should feel ashamed of this product they are about to sell for 59.99. I tried the demo again for the last final time before deciding if its something i would buy and i just dont get it..this is barely an improvement over last years NCAA 09. What on earth did you developers do during the development season for NCAA 10? Seriously..this is as bad as you can get as far as improvements go from one year to the next...there is no way in HELL i would even pay 30 bucks for this game..NCAA 2009 is really no different then NCAA 2010..if you already have 09..dont be a fool and spend your hard earned cash on 2010..why should you when its clear as day NCAA dev's totally milked it during the development of 2010..

Im sorry but im fed up with these lackluster improvements from year to year... i almost gave up on Madden games myself but seeing what Ian and company did over this off season..i can say with much confidence that the madden dev's actually put in work during the off season...NCAA dev's must of been on vacation because this NCAA 2010 demo is a freaking joke!! You guys that are behind NCAA should feel ashamed..seriously..this just baffles me.

Also take note of what the Madden team has done with the presentation and atmosphere.. because its a huge improvement over last years madden..again, take note because NCAA feels DEAD!!

# 1015 UATide @ 07/04/09 11:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moegames
The developers really should feel ashamed of this product they are about to sell for 59.99. I tried the demo again for the last final time before deciding if its something i would buy and i just dont get it..this is barely an improvement over last years NCAA 09. What on earth did you developers do during the development season for NCAA 10? Seriously..this is as bad as you can get as far as improvements go from one year to the next...there is no way in HELL i would even pay 30 bucks for this game..NCAA 2009 is really no different then NCAA 2010..if you already have 09..dont be a fool and spend your hard earned cash on 2010..why should you when its clear as day NCAA dev's totally milked it during the development of 2010..

Im sorry but im fed up with these lackluster improvements from year to year... i almost gave up on Madden games myself but seeing what Ian and company did over this off season..i can say with much confidence that the madden dev's actually put in work during the off season...NCAA dev's must of been on vacation because this NCAA 2010 demo is a freaking joke!! You guys that are behind NCAA should feel ashamed..seriously..this just baffles me.

Also take note of what the Madden team has done with the presentation and atmosphere.. because its a huge improvement over last years madden..again, take note because NCAA feels DEAD!!
Cool.

# 1016 NoDakHusker @ 07/05/09 07:32 PM
Demo is ok. Some bugs but I'm hoping that EA was able to fix up those. I understand the graphics/sound not being up to par simply because of demo limitations, the final product will yield better results visually. The Demo is not final, so if you let the demo make the decision of 'to get or not to get' you probably are making a mistake.

Still pass defense is weak for me and I find that I have to take control of DBs to have a chance to make an impact on a pass. Pass rush is hard for me but the CPU seems to get pressure on me nearly every play.
Nonetheless, I am very pleased with the Gameplan system and I really like the Player Lock as well.

The game for some reason has a good feel about it and I really hope the final version is at least decent.

# 1017 UATide @ 07/05/09 10:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndhusker90
Demo is ok. Some bugs but I'm hoping that EA was able to fix up those. I understand the graphics/sound not being up to par simply because of demo limitations, the final product will yield better results visually. The Demo is not final, so if you let the demo make the decision of 'to get or not to get' you probably are making a mistake.

Still pass defense is weak for me and I find that I have to take control of DBs to have a chance to make an impact on a pass. Pass rush is hard for me but the CPU seems to get pressure on me nearly every play.
Nonetheless, I am very pleased with the Gameplan system and I really like the Player Lock as well.

The game for some reason has a good feel about it and I really hope the final version is at least decent.

Completely 100% agree with this guy, especially the first paragraph.

# 1018 thesteamontheboat @ 07/06/09 01:02 AM
I really have to ask... Is this really happening this game cannot be that bad or the same as last year this game could be awsome but it really fell up short and I feel like this is the last year we see this dev team all together again. If they are still here after this year they will have to redeem themselves cause this game can be so much better than a flawed roster update.

# 1019 Mos1ted @ 07/06/09 06:15 AM
I played the demo briefly, but from the little bit of hands on time I can say that I'm not that excited about NCAA Football 10. The game just doesn't feel like a new experience to me. I know it's just a demo, but I felt like I was driving an old car with a new paint job. Sure it looks different on the surface, but without tinkering under the hood, I'm just getting the same driving experience.

It's disappointing. NCAA Football used to be my favorite series in sports gaming, but the series isn't going in the direction that I would like to see it go in. This game is another product of the marketing genius that is EA. I guarantee week or two after it's released, people will be complaining about this title as much as they did with '09.

I'll wait to see what Madden has to offer this year. If that under delivers, it looks like this will mark yet another year without a football game for me.

# 1020 JAYMO76 @ 07/06/09 05:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mos1ted
I played the demo briefly, but from the little bit of hands on time I can say that I'm not that excited about NCAA Football 10. The game just doesn't feel like a new experience to me. I know it's just a demo, but I felt like I was driving an old car with a new paint job. Sure it looks different on the surface, but without tinkering under the hood, I'm just getting the same driving experience.

It's disappointing. NCAA Football used to be my favorite series in sports gaming, but the series isn't going in the direction that I would like to see it go in. This game is another product of the marketing genius that is EA. I guarantee week or two after it's released, people will be complaining about this title as much as they did with '09.

I'll wait to see what Madden has to offer this year. If that under delivers, it looks like this will mark yet another year without a football game for me.
I feel your pain. What frustrates me so much is that there is still a ton of stuff missing from last gen... and that is just inexcusable!!!! I love the franchise but it needs to take a u-turn and get back on track. Start over from where NCAA 06 left off.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.