Home
The bigs 2 News Post

2K Sports Announces Free Demo of The BIGS™ 2
Now Available for Download on Xbox LIVE® Marketplace

June 18, 2009 – With the MLB All-Star Game right around the corner, 2K Sports today announced a free demo of The BIGS 2 is now available for download through Xbox LIVE Marketplace, and a demo on PlayStation Network will follow shortly. The demo will support two players, local only, and offer fans the exciting opportunity to experience the new Batter’s Wheelhouse, thrilling power ups, and incredible player models in a three inning game as either the American League All-Stars or National League All-Stars. Fans will also have the chance to smash home runs into building windows and neon signs in the return of the hugely popular mode, Home Run Pinball, in an all-new Las Vegas venue.

The BIGS 2, available on all major video game consoles, has been elevated to new heights this season with amazing visual effects and a variety of newly added modes including the fan requested Season and Become a Legend. With improved player animations and pick-up-and-play controls, The BIGS 2 is guaranteed to deliver an action-packed MLB videogame experience.

Scheduled to be in retail stores on July 7, 2009, The BIGS 2 will be available for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, the PLAYSTATION®3 and PlayStation®2 computer entertainment systems, PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) system, and Wii™ home video game system from Nintendo.

For more information about The BIGS 2, please visit http://www.2ksports.com/games/thebigs2.

The BIGS 2 screenshot gallery - Click to view The BIGS 2 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: The BIGS 2Reader Score: 5.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 11 - View All
The BIGS 2 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Kevin26385 @ 06/18/09 08:13 AM
Can anyone even download this? I dont get the option to when I find it in the marketplace

# 2 ExtremeGamer @ 06/18/09 08:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev5890
Can anyone even download this? I dont get the option to when I find it in the marketplace
My 360 is downloading it right now, downloaded it from the web.

# 3 huntt26 @ 06/18/09 11:03 AM
I'll be playing over lunch, along with the NCAA demo.

# 4 Blzer @ 06/18/09 01:04 PM
Here's to hoping it comes to PSN today.

# 5 Kevin26385 @ 06/18/09 01:28 PM
This was my first time playing the series, I think I played the BIGS 1 demo once though. It took me a little while to get used to the game. I thought at first the game would be pretty boring. But the mini games they have for legendary catches are awesome, and so is the power boost when you fill up your meter at the top. Overall the game is just a quick ball of fun. I actually have a feeling that I will look more into this game, because I know there is a career mode. I think if you are looking to have fun with a baseball title, this could help you out!

I will have a video of a full game in a little while!

# 6 Kevin26385 @ 06/18/09 02:33 PM

# 7 swaldo @ 06/18/09 07:09 PM
I gave it a try and wow I suggest reading the in game strategy guide and starting on easy or medium unless you know what you're doing. I was down 14-0 after the 1st inning on hard LOL. My pitcher lost all of his off speed pitches (if they get hit too much you can't use them anymore) so I had nothing to throw but fastballs. Second game was better as I started to figure things out but am still getting whooped. I'm really confused about the bases loaded thing and didn't see a description in the tutorial.

It's kind of addicting, I wish it was toned down a bit, but I understand it's supposed to be arcady. I almost turned it off when I saw the 1st baseman fly in the air like Superman to nab a ball which should've been a single to right. However, I found out that only defensive legends can do that so you want to hit away from them if possible or aim the stick up to hit over their head. So there is some strategy and thinking involved. Players that have good arms fire the ball like a missle so be carefull about taking extra bases.

The CPU thus far has thrown mostly strikes even though I'm flailing at everything, and alot of them paint the corners and I always swing & miss. However, when I'm pitching and do that they hit gap shots or HR's - bah. Not complaining yet, again I'm trying to figure everything out. I like the wheelhouse concept, I just hope I can figure out how to pitch well consistently. Read up about perfect pitches, when you nail the meter perfect hit the pitch select button again and the result is a nasty, unhittable pitch.

Anyway, it's worth a download if you are patient enough to give it a try - and not a stuffy traditionalist. This is supposed to be fun with some strategy mixed in, not a sim.

# 8 ExtremeGamer @ 06/18/09 07:27 PM
I like it, it's decent. Can't see playing a whole season though. I'll get it for HR Pinball alone, I could play that for hours.

# 9 ExtremeGamer @ 06/18/09 07:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
Here's to hoping it comes to PSN today.
Sorry, it did not.

# 10 Altimus @ 06/18/09 08:10 PM
Didn't like it at all. Same as the last one which I bought and enjoyed for the most part but this one I will not. Don't think I'll even rent it.

# 11 jeffy777 @ 06/18/09 08:22 PM
I liked it. Very similar to the first one (which is a good thing), but improvements all around.

# 12 videobastard @ 06/18/09 08:55 PM
I could not hit in this one like the 1st bigs. The cpu gave me the business so i just turned it off after the 1st inning lol.

# 13 falcons2003 @ 06/18/09 11:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by swaldo
It's kind of addicting, I wish it was toned down a bit, but I understand it's supposed to be arcady. I almost turned it off when I saw the 1st baseman fly in the air like Superman to nab a ball which should've been a single to right.
The thing is with the demo, you got two all star teams, in which almost every player is in the top rating tier, added that with legendary attributes for pretty much every single player out there on both teams. When you play two regular teams, you won't see all the same madness break lose that you are seeing in the demo. You will see it in spots, but in much smaller doses.

# 14 swaldo @ 06/19/09 04:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by falcons2003
The thing is with the demo, you got two all star teams, in which almost every player is in the top rating tier, added that with legendary attributes for pretty much every single player out there on both teams. When you play two regular teams, you won't see all the same madness break lose that you are seeing in the demo. You will see it in spots, but in much smaller doses.
That's what I thought, and I wish they used normal teams in the demo.

# 15 Whitesox @ 06/19/09 05:22 AM
Wait- so is this homerun pinball kind of like the home run derby in triple play 2001? I still play that mode.

# 16 Blzer @ 06/19/09 10:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitesox
Wait- so is this homerun pinball kind of like the home run derby in triple play 2001? I still play that mode.
Close, but still not the same. TP 2001 and 2002 had an insane Big League Challenge Extreme mode. I would play that all night.

# 17 MFZERO @ 06/19/09 12:32 PM
I remember getting own'd by the CPU in The BIGS 1 demo like 22-0 and The BIGS 2 is no different. I just got my *** handed to me 29-4 as the NL.

# 18 18manning18 @ 06/19/09 05:40 PM
PRetty fun game, i was havin A LOT of trouble with the minigames at first cause it just happened so fast. I just wonder if all the player models are gonna be that good, or if it's just cause their all big names, but judging by all other games you gotta figure they'd get a lot of the big name guys right and be less stellar when it comes to full rosters.

# 19 nemesis04 @ 06/20/09 11:08 AM
I really enjoyed the first Bigs and after playing the demo I was pretty pleased overall. The zoomed in camera is a little much, not sure if it is adjustable and the slow motion hits are kind of annoying. Definitely will be picking it up on the 7th.

# 20 RoyalBoyle78 @ 06/21/09 01:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
I really enjoyed the first Bigs and after playing the demo I was pretty pleased overall. The zoomed in camera is a little much, not sure if it is adjustable and the slow motion hits are kind of annoying. Definitely will be picking it up on the 7th.
Nem do you still own your PS3? I just saw your name on my list and you haven't signed in for like 53 days?

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.