Home
The bigs 2 News Post

2K Sports Announces Free Demo of The BIGS™ 2
Now Available for Download on Xbox LIVE® Marketplace

June 18, 2009 – With the MLB All-Star Game right around the corner, 2K Sports today announced a free demo of The BIGS 2 is now available for download through Xbox LIVE Marketplace, and a demo on PlayStation Network will follow shortly. The demo will support two players, local only, and offer fans the exciting opportunity to experience the new Batter’s Wheelhouse, thrilling power ups, and incredible player models in a three inning game as either the American League All-Stars or National League All-Stars. Fans will also have the chance to smash home runs into building windows and neon signs in the return of the hugely popular mode, Home Run Pinball, in an all-new Las Vegas venue.

The BIGS 2, available on all major video game consoles, has been elevated to new heights this season with amazing visual effects and a variety of newly added modes including the fan requested Season and Become a Legend. With improved player animations and pick-up-and-play controls, The BIGS 2 is guaranteed to deliver an action-packed MLB videogame experience.

Scheduled to be in retail stores on July 7, 2009, The BIGS 2 will be available for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, the PLAYSTATION®3 and PlayStation®2 computer entertainment systems, PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) system, and Wii™ home video game system from Nintendo.

For more information about The BIGS 2, please visit http://www.2ksports.com/games/thebigs2.

The BIGS 2 screenshot gallery - Click to view The BIGS 2 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: The BIGS 2Reader Score: 5.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 11 - View All
The BIGS 2 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 nemesis04 @ 06/21/09 07:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballForever
Nem do you still own your PS3? I just saw your name on my list and you haven't signed in for like 53 days?
Yes I do, work has gotten the best of me recently!

# 22 Galvatron @ 06/21/09 03:12 PM
Checked out the demo. Never played the first Bigs game so this was something new for me and it was okay, but not enough to buy it, maybe a rental. Seems like it would be more fun against human opponents tho, like Slugfest.(loved that game by the way)

# 23 i c u cant stop me @ 06/22/09 12:36 AM
Iam going to buy it. most fun i ever had playing a baseball game.

# 24 CreatineKasey @ 06/22/09 05:46 PM
I never played the Bigs 1 or any baseball game on the 360. Not a huge fan because of lag issues online in general. That being said, this game seems very fun to me. I like the checks and balances - losing pitches from getting hit hard or getting turbo for taking balls or throwing strikes. Good motivation to do something besides swing for HR's every single pitch or throwing it low and outside every pitch. I like how good accuracy still is variable.

I found defense and baserunning to be very difficult. Might buy this game...

# 25 Happyvally74 @ 06/22/09 10:58 PM
I enjoyed the first one and am enjoying the demo.

# 26 VC_Andrew @ 06/24/09 08:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
Here's to hoping it comes to PSN today.
PS3 demo hits tomorrow on PSN

# 27 Tomba @ 06/25/09 09:25 PM
I'm all for arcade type baseball but Home run king on the gamecube did it much better.

the fact that you play the game from ONE view is just baffling....

# 28 ODogg @ 06/29/09 10:44 PM
I think this game could be fun if it was against another human but not really feeling the computer just whipping my butt when I have no idea what is going on.

What is this song that is on the demo? It's really awesome and I've heard it before but never knew the name. Does anyone know??

# 29 ODogg @ 06/30/09 08:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by goh
How can you not know what's going on? It's baseball.

The song is Boom by P.O.D.
thanks. oh and the game is baseball i know but i'm talking about the controls. there needs to be some instructions to start the tutorial IMO.

# 30 nemesis04 @ 06/30/09 09:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
thanks. oh and the game is baseball i know but i'm talking about the controls. there needs to be some instructions to start the tutorial IMO.
In the menu if you click on controls it will show the button functions on the controller. Usually the first game you get smoked but once you get a grasp of it the scores end up being a little more civil.

# 31 Scoop 24 @ 07/04/09 03:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
i got the game. they will ask you if you want Tutorials in your 1st game. before your 1st play.

# 32 nemesis04 @ 07/04/09 11:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoop 24
i got the game. they will ask you if you want Tutorials in your 1st game. before your 1st play.
Is it out early or you just have special connections?

# 33 Scoop 24 @ 07/05/09 07:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
Is it out early or you just have special connections?
My Friend hook's me up.

# 34 falcons2003 @ 07/06/09 09:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoop 24
My Friend hook's me up.
You got any impressions so far?

I'm guessing the game plays much tamer then the demo with the All Star teams, at least I'm hoping so.

# 35 VC_Andrew @ 07/06/09 07:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash Davis
This makes me sad.... that was the best most addicting mini game of all time, I bought it again for PSone to play on my PS3 its just not the same now cuz of the lack in graphics....

I would literally pay a $60 just for that mini game if there were a new version with 15 new parks (if you call them that lol) and new players. Imagine it..... BUT it was an EA thing and they are out of order until 2013...
download the demo and try Home Run Pinball. It's a ton of fun.

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.