Home
NCAA Football 10 News Post

It's unfortunate that a we've allowed a few things to get by onto the disc in NCAA 10, this kind of thing bother us just as much as you guys... We do have time to work on some solutions, and here is the update as promised:
  • Rosters - A new file will be posted on EA locker to start and then we are planning on patching the online rosters.
  • Downloadable Content - The plan is to add the off/on toggle in a patch.
  • Game-play Sliders - Also planned on being in a patch to increase/fix the effectiveness depending on the slider.
It is extremely important to me (and everyone else on the team) to ensure that we get everything right as soon as possible. I wish I could say mistakes don't happen, but they did and we are going to do everything possible to get things right.

-Russ

NCAA Football 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view NCAA Football 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NCAA Football 10Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 61 - View All
NCAA Football 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Hassan Darkside @ 06/18/09 05:58 PM
Thanks for the update and information. Sad that the sliders go unfixed again. But hopefully the patch works...this time.

# 2 mgoblue678 @ 06/18/09 06:00 PM
Appreciate the post Russ but I have to ask how were sliders messed up again this year considering what happened with them last year? Doesn't seem to make alot of sense.

# 3 SHO @ 06/18/09 06:04 PM
Better late than never.

# 4 gatorman1050 @ 06/18/09 06:05 PM
Thanks Russell we always appreciate the quick response. We know you guys are working hard.

# 5 rudyjuly2 @ 06/18/09 06:06 PM
Excellent news on the slider patch. Without it, I don't think I would have bought this game. Very important to me. I'm much happier now.

# 6 mgoblue678 @ 06/18/09 06:10 PM
Whoever is responsible deserves to get flamed. Sliders were broken out the box last year and they didn't even bother to make sure the same thing didn't happen this year. Inexcusable.

Sliders should have been one of the top priorities, obviously they were not.

Defiantly nice of them on to fix it but it never should have happened in the first place.

# 7 Drocks @ 06/18/09 06:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WisconsinSports414
There really is no point for them to go into why this has happened. All people will do here is flame whomever or whatever is responsible. Just accept the fact that this has happened, no amount of blame or criticism will change what has happened, and that a fix is in the works. Simple.
Yeah, definitely agree. They messed up some, okay, time to move on. Hopefully those accountable with be held accountable within EA's team and beyond that, thanks for taking care of these things guys!

# 8 Rukkus002 @ 06/18/09 06:13 PM
Quote:
There really is no point for them to go into why this has happened. All people will do here is flame whomever or whatever is responsible. Just accept the fact that this has happened, no amount of blame or criticism will change what has happened, and that a fix is in the works. Simple.
exactly.

# 9 nxt @ 06/18/09 06:13 PM
Russell - Will the 1st patch (w/slider fix) be ready for DL by July 14? If not, any idea how long it will be before 1st patch is available? This is a key factor as to if/when I purchase the game.

# 10 mgoblue678 @ 06/18/09 06:16 PM
Quote:
Hey, I'm not saying that it'd be undeserved flaming. But, what good would it do? They must know by now after all this that working sliders are an important part of the game - to the hardcore community, at least. They will be patching them this year, and one would think that they'd avoid this kind of error in the future after all of the backlash it has caused among consumers.

You would have thought that this year after what happened last year. I really question if they truly get it.

# 11 SHO @ 06/18/09 06:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue678
You would have thought that this year after what happened last year.
Co-sign.

# 12 Drocks @ 06/18/09 06:22 PM
Sometimes you need multiple lessons to learn lol. Three strikes tho......

# 13 Maximus205 @ 06/18/09 06:22 PM
Once again sliders are botched. Left stick juke is gone. Alot of stuff we didnt request was in. I'm not seeing community interaction outside of some jerseys and windsocks. Keep crying wolf if you want to. Its so unbecoming. Peter has some straightening out to do in ncaa headquarters if he wants production. All the new stuff this year could have been DLC for 09 which would have given you a 2 cycle stretch for 11. You got a whole mess of football players,fans,and coaches who voice their input on the sport here on OS and you choose not to listen. I dont get it. Most people here are not Wii football gamers.
Dont take this as a scolding. Take this as a wakeup call and maybe you guys can give Madden 11 a run for their money.

# 14 callmetaternuts @ 06/18/09 06:24 PM
Good news. You're right, it is unfortunate it made it in, but hopefully this can be remedied. It's a shame these simple issues might take away from fixing any other items or future DLC.

Maybe EA in general, specifically the NCAA team needs to take a look at the QA process........this doesnt need to become an annual thing.

But nonetheless, thanks for the update Russ

# 15 DocHolliday @ 06/18/09 06:24 PM
Not to be a dick, but this sounds like damage control to me.

This is what happens when Devs talk to consumers and hype things up before release...the consumer will almost always be dissapointed and will have some directly to blame it on.

Im sure something like this will happen to Madden as well. Then the suits are gonna be like

"Who's bright idea was it to talk to the consumer during the development phase?!?!?"

# 16 GetYaWeigtUp @ 06/18/09 06:25 PM
I'll give you some props for stepping up and least saying "hey we made some mistakes," but its still unacceptable to a degree. Im sorry, we shouldnt have to load up the sliders just to see the DL have an impact on the game, its a bad thing when you see that. The default gameplay should be really solid, and the sliders should even out some of the flaws.

Guys who play online will suffer still unless they just play OD mode like myself, but I still like to scrim and such. It would be nice where we could set up OD-scrimmages, where you could scrimmage other users with your OD teams!

# 17 SHO @ 06/18/09 06:27 PM
Quote:
True. However, I think we're definitely going to see change in how this team operates - Similar to what has happened with Madden this year.
I doubt it.

# 18 Bamafan3723 @ 06/18/09 06:28 PM
Quote:
True. However, I think we're definitely going to see change in how this team operates - Similar to what has happened with Madden this year.
I've seen nothing that makes me believe this.

# 19 thudias @ 06/18/09 06:29 PM
opps...no biggie thanks for the heads up

# 20 nxt @ 06/18/09 06:32 PM
Quote:
Come on, it's ridiculous that the sliders are broken two year in a row. After last years debacle with sliders, this should have been a top priority.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.