Home
NCAA Football 10 News Post

It's unfortunate that a we've allowed a few things to get by onto the disc in NCAA 10, this kind of thing bother us just as much as you guys... We do have time to work on some solutions, and here is the update as promised:
  • Rosters - A new file will be posted on EA locker to start and then we are planning on patching the online rosters.
  • Downloadable Content - The plan is to add the off/on toggle in a patch.
  • Game-play Sliders - Also planned on being in a patch to increase/fix the effectiveness depending on the slider.
It is extremely important to me (and everyone else on the team) to ensure that we get everything right as soon as possible. I wish I could say mistakes don't happen, but they did and we are going to do everything possible to get things right.

-Russ

NCAA Football 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view NCAA Football 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NCAA Football 10Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 61 - View All
NCAA Football 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 sportzbro @ 06/20/09 08:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
Was that a haiku?
Too many syllables..

# 122 Foddzy @ 06/20/09 08:46 PM
Making games is HARD
Developers are gamers
Blame the managers

# 123 coogrfan @ 06/20/09 09:09 PM
Outstanding!

# 124 mastershake88 @ 06/20/09 09:18 PM
im not shocked for some reason that the developers that before this demo dwelled in this thread are now nowhere to be found.

# 125 GigemAGGIES13 @ 06/20/09 09:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mastershake88
im not shocked for some reason that the developers that before this demo dwelled in this thread are now nowhere to be found.
Hopefully they're cramming as many fixes into this patch as humanly possible...but I wouldn't bet on it.

# 126 ODogg @ 06/20/09 10:29 PM
I give Russ and EA credit for manning up and admitting their mistakes but the fact that the mistakes happened once again really is pretty unacceptable. It's pretty surprising that a company of EA's size could have such poor game testing. Also, although I appreciate Russ posting this I must say that the cynical side of me views this as an attempt to save some sales and save some face.

# 127 mastershake88 @ 06/20/09 11:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GigemAGGIES13
Hopefully they're cramming as many fixes into this patch as humanly possible...but I wouldn't bet on it.
lol whatever someone needs to believe that would make someone sleep well at night.

# 128 jeeve @ 06/21/09 12:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krioniq
It's a wonder that EA bothers patching this game at all given the harsh and scathing reception some people here are giving them. They're not obligated to do anything with the game post-release, but yet they're posting a patch because A) we've requested it (some with controlled, polite language; others using a far more disappointing tone), and B) they want to.

I'm not excusing the game's development cycle for playing out the way it did, as certainly there have been some unnecessary missteps (particularly with the rosters; this can't happen again), but if EA says they're going to add / fix content to the game with a patch or an EA Locker downloadable file, and we take their words at face value, does it really matter this year that the patch content is not on the disc? We're getting it either way.

I feel for the people who don't have internet access through their consoles, but for most people in this forum there's no reason to use such harsh language towards the developers when all they really want is to create an enjoyable and good college football game.
It's not a wonder that they're patching the game when, otherwise, you'd have a game shipped with multiple egregious and inconceivable errors-- for the rosters to be broken is just embarrassing, and for sliders STILL to be messed up is nothing short of laughable. Such language might not be "polite," but, unfortunately, it's actually honest and truly accurate. The issue is not that we're getting it, but rather how in the world was the game made without it?

I'm glad that the EA crew is working on a patch-- with any luck (and I'm not counting on it, based on their next-gen track record [which, if we're being honest, is fair game]), the patch will fix things that shouldn't have been broken in the first place.

Seriously, would anyone here have said years ago that they'd be okay with the 4th nextgen installment being way behind oldgen and shipped with roster errors and broken sliders? The answer is a resounding no.

I'm glad the EA crew isn't just hiding in the shadows for inexcusable errors-- of course, I'd be working on a patch too, if it would save my own skin and hopefully improve inexplicably downward-moving NCAA game and sales.

# 129 Vols Qb @ 06/21/09 01:23 AM
Very good atleast they are thrying todo do something about it..

What exactly is the game play sliders?

and the toggle off and on is that for the screen to shake?

# 130 jeeve @ 06/21/09 01:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cebby
I have to assume you're a regular poster's alternate screen name.

I simply don't believe that a person with 13 posts can make a post that is this good in quality. Mr. "ask" jeeve manages to make a post that addresses major criticisms without saying anything overtly offensive.

Quality poster IMO. And seriously, posts like "It's a wonder that EA bothers patching this game at all given the harsh and scathing reception some people here are giving them." are a joke. EA wouldn't get "harsh and scathing" receptions if they wouldn't ship a game with abysmal rosters and non-functional sliders.

Actually, I'm not an alternate screen name-- I'm jeeve for just about every message board I post on, from ESPN, to U of L's scout site, to rivals.com, to ncaastrategies, and OS. I'm glad you liked my post.

# 131 boritter @ 06/21/09 03:27 AM
Will they add the updated roster to the TeamBuilder website?

# 132 Quint75 @ 06/21/09 08:26 AM
For the first time since it's inception as Bill Walsh College Football, I will not be buying EA's college football game this year. This has been my favorite video game series ever. Each year the release day was like a holiday to me. But I am not going to support the kind of incompetence (at best) or deceitfulness (at worst) that seems to have overtaken the franchise. How can the pass rush possibly be missing again?! It's a pretty darned essential part of football, you know? BTW, those hoping a patch will fix the sliders in any meaningful way would do well to remember last year's debacle. Another year with no pass rush and sliders that don't work. No thanks.

I have always enjoyed NCAA more than Madden, mainly because college football is my favorite sport and the game seemed more alive. This year it seems as though Madden has been made with real love and affection, while NCAA adds meaningless features and doesn't even rectify problems that were present (sliders, lack of pass rush) and completely inexcusable in last year's game. I am fed up. Peter Moore needs to step in and heads need to roll. Someone who loves college football and football video games needs to step up to the plate the same way Ian has with the Madden series. Until there is a total change in direction for the NCAA series, where realistic game play is the #1 concern, I am done with NCAA Football. I never thought I would say such a thing.

I know many of you on the fence will not be able to resist getting the game anyway and I understand. I would only advise you to try to wait until the game is released and the slider patch is out. Then come here and see what the OS veterans have to say. Make your purchase decision based on that. I'll be saving my money for Madden.

# 133 jethrotull @ 06/21/09 08:59 AM
Are going to give us the option of last year's camera?

Are the fixed rosters going to be in Teambuilder?

# 134 sammyinafrica @ 06/21/09 09:01 AM
It is as simple as this:

No competition = no pressure to get things right.

It is not like we can defect for another game.

Back when NCAA was something great 2K sports was arround EA was putting things like, create a play (playbook), Create a School, better game play (for the time), and every year we saw marked improvements because the guys at EA LOVED to kick the competitions BUTT! And remember all of these things were on last generation.

Until there is some competition, they will not be pushed, It's human nature.

(sorry to sleepy
to think of a great haiku
that sums these words up)

# 135 mrprice33 @ 06/21/09 09:16 AM
that argument doesn't hold water with ncaa. there were only a couple of 2k ncaa games (the last one was 2k3) and they were pretty bad.

# 136 KyGamerLT @ 06/21/09 02:30 PM
I want one of the dev guys to tell me why I should buy Ncaa 2010. I haven't really kept up with it this year like other years.

# 137 Vols Qb @ 06/21/09 02:58 PM
what is team sliders? i know dumb question but what exactly is it?

# 138 umd @ 06/21/09 05:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrprice33
that argument doesn't hold water with ncaa. there were only a couple of 2k ncaa games (the last one was 2k3) and they were pretty bad.
absolutely right.

# 139 HokiesCavs @ 06/21/09 06:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cebby
I still don't understand why they don't use you or AA for testing.

Send 3-5 members of OS a copy of NCAA and we can have every flaw listed in alphabetical order in 10 days and we'll do it for free. Clearly the current testers are turrible (worse than Ernie), so why not change it up a bit?
I guarantee you that they are aware of 99 percent of the problems that we see and are dying to fix them. There just isn't enough time in the dev cycle to fix all of it. Once you get to a certain amount of time before the release of any software package, you can not afford to alter too much code. If you do, it could break other code that could potentially render the entire game unplayable. If you're a software company, it's better to have a somewhat broken product than a completely broken product. That's just the way software development goes. If there was a longer development cycle, far fewer issues would make it into the final build. Unfortunately, EA execs(not the dev team) want a football game out every year, no matter how broken, so a longer dev cycle is never going to happen.

# 140 GigemAGGIES13 @ 06/21/09 06:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HokiesCavs
I guarantee you that they are aware of 99 percent of the problems that we see and are dying to fix them. There just isn't enough time in the dev cycle to fix all of it. Once you get to a certain amount of time before the release of any software package, you can not afford to alter too much code. If you do, it could break other code that could potentially render the entire game unplayable. If you're a software company, it's better to have a somewhat broken product than a completely broken product. That's just the way software development goes. If there was a longer development cycle, far fewer issues would make it into the final build. Unfortunately, EA execs(not the dev team) want a football game out every year, no matter how broken, so a longer dev cycle is never going to happen.
I think a lot of people are frustrated because this was supposed to be a transition year for NCAA. You know, the one where they don't add very many new features but polish and solidify the gameplay. This includes tweaks to weaker areas of the game.

We got the few features part, but unfortunetly the gameplay work isn't there. Next year I'm going want dramatic gameplay improvements, but I'm also going to need some significant additions to (Online) Dynasty. The team essentially ran in place/took baby steps with 10 and put themselves in a hole for 11.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.