Home
NCAA Football 10 News Post

Pasta Padre has posted his demo impressions of NCAA Football 10.

Quote:
"I’ve continued to argue against two minute quarter demos because of the inability to get into any rhythm. The faults of this are more pronounced with NCAA 10 though because the improvements and additions to the game I see as being more subtle. So it is less likely you’ll see the effect of game planning, or have the chance to run a fully “set up” play, or see the AI adapting over the course of the game."

Game: NCAA Football 10Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 61 - View All
NCAA Football 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 marcoyk @ 06/19/09 11:52 PM
I agree, two minute quarters are idiotic. If you don't get the ball in the 1st or 3rd for whatever reason (turnovers) then you're running a two minute offense if you're trying to win. I definitely would have preferred two quarters of five minutes; or if they wanted to keep eight minutes total: two quarters of four minutes.

# 2 gatorman1050 @ 06/19/09 11:57 PM
Pretty fair assessment of the demo in my opinion

# 3 aimiami @ 06/20/09 12:55 AM
wow its just a demo settle down

# 4 TheShizNo1 @ 06/20/09 02:38 AM
We now have impression articles on demos?

# 5 Happyvally74 @ 06/20/09 03:52 AM
I agree with Pasta that there is no emotion in this game whatsoever. Give me something to care about Tiburon.

# 6 PantherBeast_OS @ 06/20/09 05:27 AM
Well a few things that really turned me off from buying ncaa 10. 1. Was that when the QB drops backs and stops and I try to step up in the so called pocket that was made. It felt like my QB was wearing cemet shoes are something. He walk so slow. 2. The oline when i played 3 different time. I was getting sack left and right and my oline was bearly blocking. And my gosh there was no freaking pocket to hardly step in at all. Where was the pocket. The pocket looked just bout the same as 09 did. But in 09 the blocking was much better. 3rd thing is that really bother me is the controls. I am sick of gaming companies changing up their controls games like this. I wish they would stick with the same controls they have. Where people are confortable with. But these main things have really turned me off from buying ncaa 10.

# 7 TreyIM2 @ 06/20/09 12:20 PM
Having played the demo seemingly several thousand times, myself, on the PS3, (ha)I have to say that I got used to it. It's like Madden 09.1 or sumthin' so I am very used to it. I actually have Madden 09 on pause as I type but one thing I have to digress on is the graphics. Again, NCAA 10 looks like Madden 09. For some reason, when the Madden 09 demo first came out, I loved the graphics but on this demo, I didn't for some reason. Maybe it's the bleeding reds of OU that make the graphics look so bad.

As for running on All-American, I have NO problems. I think because this seems just like the Madden 09 engine, u have to be able to mix it up and understand what the D is doing. U gotta use your line shifts effectively as well as flipping the play, if necessary, to the other side when u see LBs up on the line. You're not going to be able to run well all the time, like in real life, but I do a good job. Madden 09 on All Pro is equal to NCAA 10 All American. If u can run on that skill in Madden, u should be able to run on All American in NCAA 10.

Anyway, once I got over the look, I really got into the game. I don't mind it and I'm starting to teeter back towards picking this up. I wanna really get into the features of NCAA 10.

# 8 silverfox863 @ 06/20/09 10:51 PM
2 min qtrs on demo is no big deal to me, although 5 min qtrs obviously are more appealing. The demo lilke playing two 4-min qtrs to me, but they are "halves." So my strategies are based on playing two 4-min halves. Each half is almost the length of a regular 5-min qtr. No huddle also works well. It also oprovides opportunities for me to practice onside kicking.

# 9 steelernation28 @ 06/21/09 12:14 AM
How can I ever come back to this game after I play Madden 10?

# 10 bamaCT12 @ 06/22/09 12:13 PM
in my opinion, you could just make downloadable content for 09 with new rosters and teambuilder and all that and that would be ncaa 10
that's how little progress they made this year

# 11 Mad 69 @ 06/22/09 04:46 PM
There was nothing in the demo that makes me want to go out and buy the game. There is no need to make a game every year, they should be on a 2 year cycle. If not, just release DLC for rosters and updates. There is not enough change from year to year to warrant spending $60 for a new game that has changed very little.

# 12 sugarman73 @ 06/22/09 05:38 PM
I'm sure the demos r pretty bad, but have u seen the videos? i mean c'mon.
they did a whole lot more features, and a lot with online, (live) stuff. i'm sure the college xperience will be much better when the real deal comes out. (July 14, 2009)

# 13 trobinson97 @ 06/22/09 06:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad 69
There was nothing in the demo that makes me want to go out and buy the game. There is no need to make a game every year, they should be on a 2 year cycle. If not, just release DLC for rosters and updates. There is not enough change from year to year to warrant spending $60 for a new game that has changed very little.

Then just buy it every other year.

# 14 Palo20 @ 06/22/09 07:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherbeast
Well a few things that really turned me off from buying ncaa 10. 1. Was that when the QB drops backs and stops and I try to step up in the so called pocket that was made. It felt like my QB was wearing cemet shoes are something. He walk so slow. 2. The oline when i played 3 different time. I was getting sack left and right and my oline was bearly blocking. And my gosh there was no freaking pocket to hardly step in at all. Where was the pocket. The pocket looked just bout the same as 09 did. But in 09 the blocking was much better. 3rd thing is that really bother me is the controls. I am sick of gaming companies changing up their controls games like this. I wish they would stick with the same controls they have. Where people are confortable with. But these main things have really turned me off from buying ncaa 10.
The QB drop is CPU controlled in Madden this year too.

# 15 Craig Bond93 @ 06/28/09 10:52 PM
The demo is alright. It doesnt impress me with the graphics but the gameplay is good. The only reason why the graphics dont look good because of the setting on the game at night. Since the stadium is so bright the players look dull and cartoonish. I do alot of research on this game, i saw every single video of ncaa and the graphics look way better than in the demo. I just dont get it why madden and ncaa dont work together. Ncaa football 10 is always a year late in gameplay. Its just stupid because i am a die hard madden and ncaa football fan and it is annoying because theres only one ncaa football game and it is always a year laye of madden

# 16 Bad_Intentions @ 06/29/09 10:55 AM
They need to get more realistic grass textures like the ones in madden. Sick of looking at a yellow field.

Also when i'm receiving a kick, why does it asks me how I want to gameplan for my defense instead of offense?

# 17 BigDofBA @ 06/29/09 02:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Bond93
i saw every single video of ncaa and the graphics look way better than in the demo.
They usually do. When EA puts of videos they give you what looks best. Actual gameplay is what matters.

In the end graphics are the least of my concerns.

# 18 kyle81 @ 06/29/09 03:55 PM
They need to get more realistic grass textures like the ones in madden. Sick of looking at a yellow field.

Also when i'm receiving a kick, why does it asks me how I want to gameplan for my defense instead of offense?

just flick the left anolog stick to the left or right and it goes to the offensive gameplan

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.