Home
NBA Live 10 News Post

Check out the new NBA Live 10 blog.

Quote:
"Hey guys, I hope you’ve enjoyed the information that we’ve been able to release to you guys so far. If you haven’t read our previous two blogs, you can check them out here and here. Slowly but surely we’ll continue our weekly blogs, eventually getting into the heart of what all of you want to hear about: gameplay. First though, it’s NBA Draft time! I know we beat you over the heads with Dynamic DNA / Synergy stuff in NBA LIVE 09, but honestly, there are still people who aren’t getting it. Dynamic DNA completely takes the subjectivity of ratings out of the picture. What you see in real life, is what you get in-game. From now on, if a player’s rating is causing you stress, don’t “hate the game, hate the playa"! Anyway, to put a little more context around what Synergy Sports is all about, we thought it would be beneficial for all of you to read up on what their CEO, Garrick Barr had to say about his past experiences working for the Phoenix Suns dealing with the NBA Draft, and currently what Synergy does for NBA Teams for the Draft. It’s a really “hardcore” (wait, not using that word anymore) / “informed” blog, so I think you guys will dig it."

Game: NBA Live 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PSP / Xbox 360Votes for game: 48 - View All
NBA Live 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 krazyboy225 @ 06/26/09 09:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierDaddy
I actually found that article very interesting. Sure, it didn't talk about NBA Live; but at least we now know the resources that are utilized for GMs and scouts throughout the process. The power of the internet is a beautiful thing, I'd love to have a job like that or something involved with the NBA/video games.

Great read!
yea it might not be the most entertaining but it does tell us what is supporting live and how it works.

# 22 pepp32 @ 06/26/09 09:50 PM
Rookie.....rookie at blogging? That was so very homo of you. Let me tell you somthin lil bra, I've been playing Live since 95....and NBA Showdown before that. As a matter of fact I been at this sports gaming thing since before you were a lump in your daddy's left nut. So mind what you say about people you dont know sh*t about clown! You relax! I simply made a statement, cause I along with everyone else am excited about this game possibly being better than 2k. Get off EA's bumper and respect my statement jerk off.

# 23 Da_Czar @ 06/26/09 10:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepp32
Rookie.....rookie at blogging? That was so very homo of you. Let me tell you somthin lil bra, I've been playing Live since 95....and NBA Showdown before that. As a matter of fact I been at this sports gaming thing since before you were a lump in your daddy's left nut. So mind what you say about people you dont know sh*t about clown! You relax! I simply made a statement, cause I along with everyone else am excited about this game possibly being better than 2k. Get off EA's bumper and respect my statement jerk off.
slow down pepp32 under your name and your illustrious 7 posts it says rookie= new to posting here. Thats all... you see your overreaction could lead someone to say ...something something rookie..LOL don't be so aggressive in protecting your internet manhood. No one here means you any harm my man.

# 24 Dantecamp21 @ 06/26/09 11:52 PM
I gotta admit I was kinda disapointed with the content of the blog as well. But Marcus said it right, they have some awesome technology driving their game and not everybody knows about it.

I'll be patient and wait (and hope) for the best.

# 25 Jamin23 @ 06/26/09 11:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantecamp21
I gotta admit I was kinda disapointed with the content of the blog as well. But Marcus said it right, they have some awesome technology driving their game and not everybody knows about it.

I'll be patient and wait (and hope) for the best.
That all we can do right now. Just be patient and wait.

# 26 Mintsa @ 06/27/09 12:05 AM
I think people are comparing the madden blogs to these. Don't forget madden is the ONLY game in town. Live and 2K are not...........

It's still a bit early for both Live & 2k to completely "spill the beans" on this years games. Live & 2k are in competiton dont forget. They're not holding hands together skipping down the yellow brick road. It's only the end of June, still lots of time for info to be revealed.

# 27 23 @ 06/27/09 12:38 AM
That personal attack will definitley be addressed

# 28 BiggD @ 06/27/09 01:30 AM
I guess we all see the great exposure madden is getting and were hoping live would get the say treatment.

but as someone said before.. madden has no competition,live does

# 29 KChow21 @ 06/27/09 03:41 AM
If you think about it, the competition has not said anything about their game except naming their cover guy.. while we are already getting some info about NBA Live 10 + the cover guy

# 30 23bluesman @ 06/27/09 05:33 AM
Thanks for the blog, it was a nice, informative read.

Now, how about teasing us by changing bargnani's model up top the insideblog page to a live 10 model (or putting some other player)..he just looks out of place with the other guys there who look so much better graphics wise, lol.

Again, thanks for the blog, can't wait for the next one!

# 31 videobastard @ 06/27/09 10:37 AM
The pressure is on EA to show the goods. They are the second place game. They have to create a buzz at some point. At least they could of posted images of carter and shaq in there new uniforms. This would of been a good time with all the talks going on about the draft and nba.

# 32 lindo9595 @ 06/27/09 11:11 AM
We'll see what happens next week

# 33 stephensonmc @ 06/27/09 11:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23bluesman
Thanks for the blog, it was a nice, informative read.

Now, how about teasing us by changing bargnani's model up top the insideblog page to a live 10 model (or putting some other player)..he just looks out of place with the other guys there who look so much better graphics wise, lol.

Again, thanks for the blog, can't wait for the next one!
Don't even get me started on that. I can't believe they picked Bargnani for that....

# 34 lindo9595 @ 06/27/09 11:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephensonmc
Don't even get me started on that. I can't believe they picked Bargnani for that....
What are you talking about, Bargnani is sick.
-Raptors fan

# 35 HoosierDaddy @ 06/27/09 11:33 AM
Bargnani is a bust. Sorry.

Yeah, I agree with you Marcus - I thought it was odd to have Bargnani up there. Brandon Roy, Chris Paul, Dwight Howard, anyone else that is young and has made a dramatic impact on the league would be nice.

# 36 lindo9595 @ 06/27/09 11:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierDaddy
Bargnani is a bust. Sorry.

Yeah, I agree with you Marcus - I thought it was odd to have Bargnani up there. Brandon Roy, Chris Paul, Dwight Howard, anyone else that is young and has made a dramatic impact on the league would be nice.
Have you seen him play this past season. He's up there for best center in the league.

# 37 bup @ 06/27/09 02:04 PM
I really like Nba Live alot; but they need to improve the gameplay, the players in the game back looks like their bent and they run and dribble with their backs bent and it looks fake. Also NBA 2K is better in a way by having the assistant coaches on the benches and all the bench players. NBA LIVE bench only have the players spread out on the bench and all those empty seats, to me thats fake because a nba bench doesn't look like that. Last LIVE need pregame, halftime, and post game shows with real NBA analist such Charles Barkley etc.

# 38 stephensonmc @ 06/27/09 02:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeljordanjr
So quick question. Are you guys allowing just synergy or an option for ratings or synergy? Because say Ray Allen, best 3pt shooter ever, is having a bad week, but it just so happens that week I'm having a marathon with buddies in nba live 10. And Im playing the Celtics and Allen is missing left and right because that week he played bad.

Maybe that might get annoying? And people wont ratings so players play at their prime?

Just curious
Won't be a problem this year, but I'll let Garreth Reeder explain in an upcoming blog.

# 39 Mintsa @ 06/27/09 02:41 PM
Bargnani a bust ???? No. If anyone actually watched him play from December onwards will tell you he's not a bust. He was averaging around 18 & 8 with a couple of blocks in there as well since december. He really snapped out of the funk he was in when he finally got some playing time every night on a consistant basis. If he keeps improving like he did last season.......... the word will get out and nobody on here will call him a bust.

Your not going to see Bargnani highlights on sports center on a nightly basis. So I can see why people still dont know about his improved play of last season............but just ask any raptor fan or anybody that actually watches the raptors every game and they will tell you that from december onward Bargnani was one of the best if the best raptor on a night to night basis for the last 50-60 or so games of the season.

end of rant (i fell better now)

Edit: Sorry for taking the thread off topic.......

# 40 Blazix @ 06/27/09 03:36 PM
I have a question as well

Will it be possible to keep the the teams updated without the players updating?

Lets say theres a huge blockbuster trade in the middle of the season. This player doesnt have a good week on his new team but he has a reputation of being a star.

Can it still be possible to play as this team with this player but when he wasn't missing all his shots?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.