Home
NBA Live 10 News Post

Check out the new NBA Live 10 blog.

Quote:
"Hey guys, I hope you’ve enjoyed the information that we’ve been able to release to you guys so far. If you haven’t read our previous two blogs, you can check them out here and here. Slowly but surely we’ll continue our weekly blogs, eventually getting into the heart of what all of you want to hear about: gameplay. First though, it’s NBA Draft time! I know we beat you over the heads with Dynamic DNA / Synergy stuff in NBA LIVE 09, but honestly, there are still people who aren’t getting it. Dynamic DNA completely takes the subjectivity of ratings out of the picture. What you see in real life, is what you get in-game. From now on, if a player’s rating is causing you stress, don’t “hate the game, hate the playa"! Anyway, to put a little more context around what Synergy Sports is all about, we thought it would be beneficial for all of you to read up on what their CEO, Garrick Barr had to say about his past experiences working for the Phoenix Suns dealing with the NBA Draft, and currently what Synergy does for NBA Teams for the Draft. It’s a really “hardcore” (wait, not using that word anymore) / “informed” blog, so I think you guys will dig it."

Game: NBA Live 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PSP / Xbox 360Votes for game: 48 - View All
NBA Live 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 AlexBrady @ 06/27/09 03:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mintsa
Bargnani a bust ???? No. If anyone actually watched him play from December onwards will tell you he's not a bust. He was averaging around 18 & 8 with a couple of blocks in there as well since december. He really snapped out of the funk he was in when he finally got some playing time every night on a consistant basis. If he keeps improving like he did last season.......... the word will get out and nobody on here will call him a bust.

Your not going to see Bargnani highlights on sports center on a nightly basis. So I can see why people still dont know about his improved play of last season............but just ask any raptor fan or anybody that actually watches the raptors every game and they will tell you that from december onward Bargnani was one of the best if the best raptor on a night to night basis for the last 50-60 or so games of the season.

end of rant (i fell better now)

Edit: Sorry for taking the thread off topic.......
Ahh, relying on stats to tell the story? Always a big mistake. Bargnani is a softie who can't defend the post and is embarrassed when he tries to defend the perimeter. He is a jump shooter with no rebounding or passing skills to speak of. As long as the Raptors have two finesse bigs they will never make deep playoffs runs.

# 42 Mintsa @ 06/27/09 05:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexBrady
Ahh, relying on stats to tell the story? Always a big mistake. Bargnani is a softie who can't defend the post and is embarrassed when he tries to defend the perimeter. He is a jump shooter with no rebounding or passing skills to speak of. As long as the Raptors have two finesse bigs they will never make deep playoffs runs.
No passing skills ???? I don't know about that one. Anyways, I dont want to interupt this thread with other stuff. Will talk about this again at the end of next season.

# 43 iminurbase @ 06/27/09 05:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephensonmc
Won't be a problem this year, but I'll let Garreth Reeder explain in an upcoming blog.
What we did last year is a good example... for example we used Ray's ratings to drive his play and the Shot Streak to modify that. So, if Ray Allen had a bad week he was 'cold' in NBA LIVE, but Ray Allen cold is still better than 80% of the league. More info to come on all this, but rest assured a player's total season output has much more of an impact than the last week.

# 44 Behindshadows @ 06/28/09 01:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iminurbase
What we did last year is a good example... for example we used Ray's ratings to drive his play and the Shot Streak to modify that. So, if Ray Allen had a bad week he was 'cold' in NBA LIVE, but Ray Allen cold is still better than 80% of the league. More info to come on all this, but rest assured a player's total season output has much more of an impact than the last week.
Great to hear, when will we get some Draft screenshots, sort of like Ian did with Madden 10. Draft photos of the players going to their teams?

# 45 stephensonmc @ 06/28/09 03:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Behindshadows
Great to hear, when will we get some Draft screenshots, sort of like Ian did with Madden 10. Draft photos of the players going to their teams?
The NBA rookies are a different situation than the NFL rookies. Once the NFL rookies go to the combine, they're in the NFLPA. That's not the case with the NBA, where they have to officially sign with their team.

# 46 Dantecamp21 @ 06/28/09 12:21 PM
At least shows us some of the players in their new unis guys! VC, Shaq, RJ...

I know you are keeping everything under wraps but I beleive showing some player models can do no harm...

But I might be wrong hehe...

# 47 Jamin23 @ 06/28/09 01:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantecamp21

I know you are keeping everything under wraps but I beleive showing some player models can do no harm...

I'm for this idea!!

# 48 ecworldwide @ 06/28/09 01:57 PM
Thier is competion folks ea would be crazy to release any major gameplay footage yet so guy i know it hard but we have to wait.

# 49 HoosierDaddy @ 06/28/09 05:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantecamp21

Co-sign.

# 50 pepp32 @ 06/29/09 02:10 PM
Slow down warrior. No dumber than your comments on inside blog my friend. You seem to make enemys everywhere you go huh my dude? New Yorkers...type first think second. lol

# 51 Pared @ 06/29/09 02:17 PM
The back and forth ends here.

Keep the discussion focused on the blog.

# 52 pepp32 @ 06/29/09 02:43 PM
You know what your right, my fault. I been in beast mode lately. MY bad OS.

# 53 Pared @ 06/29/09 03:29 PM
Anyone else who can't focus on the blog and want to carry on some personal back and forth can get infractions as well.

# 54 HoosierDaddy @ 06/29/09 05:23 PM
Isn't it amazing how people actually provide highlights of certain players each game and post them on YouTube, basically doing similar things and hope they get the recognition for spending their time and wishing they'd land a job doing the same thing for money. LOL!

Boy, that all sounds too familiar with what I do on my sites. GRR!

# 55 chrome381 @ 06/29/09 08:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by warrior310
andrea bargnani is an ok player,his team is the problem.he needs to bulking up because he is skinny but he needs more experience also,he fits right into dirk nowitzki's colum.
Naa bargnani' game is much more similar to Okur he doesn't have the handles and overall flow dirk has nobody else in the league at 7'0 plays the way dirk does

# 56 krazyboy225 @ 07/02/09 07:41 PM
The Reason i think the NBA Live series hasnt reached it full pottential or even close to its full potential is because every single year a new production team is inntroduced and are basically forced to start from scratch bcuz the former production team was not able to create a well enough of a basketball sim. now i am looking forward to seeing what mike wang can bring to the table because i think this is the first nba live team that has the potential to make this series great again.

Anyone who agrees with me, let me know

# 57 stephensonmc @ 07/03/09 01:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by krazyboy225
The Reason i think the NBA Live series hasnt reached it full pottential or even close to its full potential is because every single year a new production team is inntroduced and are basically forced to start from scratch bcuz the former production team was not able to create a well enough of a basketball sim. now i am looking forward to seeing what mike wang can bring to the table because i think this is the first nba live team that has the potential to make this series great again.

Anyone who agrees with me, let me know
NBA LIVE had the same team from 06-09

Quote:
I agree...they also tended to focus more on gimmicks instead of core fundamental gameplay experience. Live sort of drifted towards arcade play, and then didn't really have an identity.
Authenticity, core gameplay is the #1 focus this year.

# 58 Mintsa @ 07/03/09 10:20 AM
Hey Steph,

Are we still getting a blog today ??

The holiday on wednesday and tommorrow won't push it to next week will it ??

# 59 krazyboy225 @ 07/03/09 12:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mintsa
Hey Steph,

Are we still getting a blog today ??

The holiday on wednesday and tommorrow won't push it to next week will it ??
probably are but remember not to get too hyped because not all of the blogs are going to be entertaining

# 60 DC @ 09/11/09 08:22 PM
So how are the physical ratings determined?
Speed
Vert
Quickness/Agility

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.