Home
NCAA Football 10 News Post

ERIN ANDREWS HOSTS NCAA FOOTBALL 10’S “ROAD TO GLORY”

Erin Andrews and Kirk Herbstreit Chronicle
Your College Football Career in New Mode

June 29, 2009 – Television sports reporter Erin Andrews will be featured as the host of Road to Glory, a new mode in NCAA Football 10 for Xbox 360 and PS3. Road to Glory is a broadcast-style video presentation in which Andrews and Kirk Herbstreit chronicle your career as a college student athlete.

The new Road to Glory mode allows you to choose a position, embark on a college career and then reflect on your greatest moments through video presentations presented by Andrews. For the first time ever, your actual in-game highlights will be featured in these broadcast-style presentations. Plus, an all-new, completely redesigned 3-D dorm room prominently displays triumphant moments through photos, trophies, NCAA Football news and more. New online leaderboards allow you to compare your legend versus every other legend across the nation. The comparison of each position can be sorted by everyone who is playing that particular position with the same team, the same conference or can be compared across all NCAA teams.

In addition to hosting Road to Glory, Andrews is also featured as a sideline reporter in NCAA Football 10. Andrews is the newest addition to the NCAA Football 10 broadcast team, joining Kirk Herbstreit, Brad Nessler and Lee Corso in a game that envelopes the excitement and pageantry of college football at its best. Including Andrews as part of the NCAA Football 10 broadcast team complements the franchise commitment to offer the most authentic college football experience available on any gaming platform. Andrews has served as a sideline reporter for ESPN’s College Football Saturdays since 2004.

Developed in Orlando, Florida by EA Tiburon, NCAA Football 10 will be available in stores on July 14th for the Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system, the PlayStation2 and PLAYSTATION3 computer entertainment systems and the PSP (PlayStationPortable). NCAA Football 10 has been rated “E” for everyone by the ESRB.

For more information, please visit http://www.ncaafootball10.com.

NCAA Football 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view NCAA Football 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NCAA Football 10Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 61 - View All
NCAA Football 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Gossennator @ 06/29/09 01:11 PM
watching now...
thanks

# 2 PackAttack @ 06/29/09 01:14 PM

WorthPlaying.com has just posted new info on the Road to Glory mode.

# 3 Gossennator @ 06/29/09 01:18 PM
Ok so I just watched it, looks like I wont be playing this game mode again.

and EA Sports Road to Glory...why not use the ESPN College Football Live for every game mode and not just road to glory? Some things EA does just doesnt make sense to me...I am sure they put in a good amount of time making this road to glory show..so why not do it right and use for modes that people that actually play like.......dynasty.

EA baffles me sometimes

# 4 djp73 @ 06/29/09 01:29 PM
can you be a kicker or punter yet?

# 5 GoBlue10 @ 06/29/09 01:30 PM
what an absolute waste of time money and resources

EA is obviously catering to a much different demographic these days...i miss the old days of making gameplay and dynasty the most important aspect of the game, thats their staple

# 6 PackAttack @ 06/29/09 01:32 PM
In the article on worthplaying.com, it shows a screenshot that allows you to purchase a 5-star rating instead of playing through high school. They might as well allow you to pay to win a game.

# 7 Solidice @ 06/29/09 01:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PackAttack
In the article on worthplaying.com, it shows a screenshot that allows you to purchase a 5-star rating instead of playing through high school. They might as well allow you to pay to win a game.
not really surprising, EA has been doing this with a lot of their games recently.

# 8 mjussawalla @ 06/29/09 01:38 PM
Looks like still 20+ schools will be giving you a scholarship offer.

Oh well.

# 9 Seahawk76 @ 06/29/09 01:40 PM
It looks like the same old gameplay to me spiced with a little Erin Andrews on the side. Meh.

# 10 BSanders @ 06/29/09 01:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBlue10
what an absolute waste of time money and resources

EA is obviously catering to a much different demographic these days...i miss the old days of making gameplay and dynasty the most important aspect of the game, thats their staple
I like the mode and I'm a old time sim gamer that plays both Franchise and RTG but there shouldn't be any excuse why they can't improve on both modes.

# 11 BAMAJD @ 06/29/09 01:55 PM
Unlike the rest of you im excited for this mode. I hated it past 2 years because the camera sucked but they changed it & it looks playable again.

# 12 kingkilla56 @ 06/29/09 01:57 PM
I'm Embarrassed for them

# 13 Watson @ 06/29/09 01:59 PM
ill still play but only because i dont have to have an online and offline dynasty

# 14 Drocks @ 06/29/09 02:01 PM
I really don't understand why people are so bent out of shape about the accelerators. As long as they patched it so you could cheat your online dynasty, why do you care? I mean, I'm not gonna use it, so it really has zero impact on me. If someone wants to cheat their way to a 5-star rating in their little road to glory deal, then why should I care?

My problem is the fact that this Road to Glory mode seemed to at least get some UI and presentation upgrades that dynasty mode badly needs. EA needs to take this into account in the future.

# 15 mjussawalla @ 06/29/09 02:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boucher
I'll add something

Why is holy heck didnt they add a show like this to dynasty??? It be much better there than RtG, just makes me wonder.

Hey you know what they'll say, Maybe next year.
Good point. They spent a lot of time on this mode, and most people won't play it. Putting that type of presentation in Dynasty would have been better.

# 16 AuburnAlumni @ 06/29/09 02:02 PM
I'll simply say this...

Why not put that much effort into post and pregame presentation (i.e. Erin Andrews doing a preview, Kirk Herbstreit doing analysis, etc.) in ALL GAMEPLAY MODES.

This is where EA has continuously lagged behind on Next Gen....putting real effort into spicing up the dynasty presentation, etc.

OH how I long for the old Sports Illustrated Covers that were cool as hell back in the day.

The College Hoops 2k franchise should be a blue print for EA and all other Sports game developers to follow as to develop an completely engrossing, kick butt dynasty experience...

1. A detailed Season Preview show with Pre season All Americans, Top 25, and Conference Previews. (Greg Gumble and Clark Kellogg can do it...why can't Chris Fowler and Kirk Herbstreit?)

2. Detailed Weekly College Football Live/Tonight Shows with actual video from the top games of the past week, previews of the top games of the upcoming week, and individual top performances. (Again, College Hoops had it....Why can't NCAA?)

3. A BCS Selection Show with in depth analysis of each BCS game, special emphasis on the MNC game, etc. (The College Hoops 2k NCAA Selection Sunday Show is still the single coolest feature ever on a Sports video game....Why do we still have nothing even remotely close to that feature on NCAA?)

With all of that manpower...

With all of that cash....

EA Sports still lags behind in this department and I don't understand why. Just copy what 2k did and you are money..you are so money.

# 17 J-Unit40 @ 06/29/09 02:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boucher
All I have to say is

Face To Palm
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilla56
I'm Embarrassed for them
Why? Great analysis by the way.

Tell us what exactly you want to see or expect in this mode? I haven't played it that much in the past, but this looks much better than the previous versions.

I like the infused video in the overall presentation of this mode. That would be a welcome addition to Dynasty mode. This type of presentation NEEDS to be in NCAA '11. It's a must. If you can add it in Road To Glory, it can be added to Dynasty.

# 18 sccavs64 @ 06/29/09 02:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gossennator
Ok so I just watched it, looks like I wont be playing this game mode again.

and EA Sports Road to Glory...why not use the ESPN College Football Live for every game mode and not just road to glory? Some things EA does just doesnt make sense to me...I am sure they put in a good amount of time making this road to glory show..so why not do it right and use for modes that people that actually play like.......dynasty.

EA baffles me sometimes
EA would have to spend millions of dollars for the rights from espn to use the college football live game show. this i dont blame them for using their own road to glory tv show.

# 19 sccavs64 @ 06/29/09 02:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAlumni
I'll simply say this...

Why not put that much effort into post and pregame presentation (i.e. Erin Andrews doing a preview, Kirk Herbstreit doing analysis, etc.) in ALL GAMEPLAY MODES.

This is where EA has continuously lagged behind on Next Gen....putting real effort into spicing up the dynasty presentation, etc.

OH how I long for the old Sports Illustrated Covers that were cool as hell back in the day.

The College Hoops 2k franchise should be a blue print for EA and all other Sports game developers to follow as to develop an completely engrossing, kick butt dynasty experience...

1. A detailed Season Preview show with Pre season All Americans, Top 25, and Conference Previews. (Greg Gumble and Clark Kellogg can do it...why can't Chris Fowler and Kirk Herbstreit?)

2. Detailed Weekly College Football Live/Tonight Shows with actual video from the top games of the past week, previews of the top games of the upcoming week, and individual top performances. (Again, College Hoops had it....Why can't NCAA?)

3. A BCS Selection Show with in depth analysis of each BCS game, special emphasis on the MNC game, etc. (The College Hoops 2k NCAA Selection Sunday Show is still the single coolest feature ever on a Sports video game....Why do we still have nothing even remotely close to that feature on NCAA?)

With all of that manpower...

With all of that cash....

EA Sports still lags behind in this department and I don't understand why. Just copy what 2k did and you are money..you are so money.
thank you. thank you. can you just email this to adam or something, we need to make sure he reads it.

# 20 J-Unit40 @ 06/29/09 02:25 PM
^ I'm with you 110%.

I don't understand why it wasn't included either.

« Previous1234Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.