Home
NCAA Football 10 News Post

ERIN ANDREWS HOSTS NCAA FOOTBALL 10’S “ROAD TO GLORY”

Erin Andrews and Kirk Herbstreit Chronicle
Your College Football Career in New Mode

June 29, 2009 – Television sports reporter Erin Andrews will be featured as the host of Road to Glory, a new mode in NCAA Football 10 for Xbox 360 and PS3. Road to Glory is a broadcast-style video presentation in which Andrews and Kirk Herbstreit chronicle your career as a college student athlete.

The new Road to Glory mode allows you to choose a position, embark on a college career and then reflect on your greatest moments through video presentations presented by Andrews. For the first time ever, your actual in-game highlights will be featured in these broadcast-style presentations. Plus, an all-new, completely redesigned 3-D dorm room prominently displays triumphant moments through photos, trophies, NCAA Football news and more. New online leaderboards allow you to compare your legend versus every other legend across the nation. The comparison of each position can be sorted by everyone who is playing that particular position with the same team, the same conference or can be compared across all NCAA teams.

In addition to hosting Road to Glory, Andrews is also featured as a sideline reporter in NCAA Football 10. Andrews is the newest addition to the NCAA Football 10 broadcast team, joining Kirk Herbstreit, Brad Nessler and Lee Corso in a game that envelopes the excitement and pageantry of college football at its best. Including Andrews as part of the NCAA Football 10 broadcast team complements the franchise commitment to offer the most authentic college football experience available on any gaming platform. Andrews has served as a sideline reporter for ESPN’s College Football Saturdays since 2004.

Developed in Orlando, Florida by EA Tiburon, NCAA Football 10 will be available in stores on July 14th for the Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system, the PlayStation2 and PLAYSTATION3 computer entertainment systems and the PSP (PlayStationPortable). NCAA Football 10 has been rated “E” for everyone by the ESRB.

For more information, please visit http://www.ncaafootball10.com.

NCAA Football 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view NCAA Football 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NCAA Football 10Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 61 - View All
NCAA Football 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 Happyvally74 @ 06/30/09 12:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky
Is that Billy mays?

If it is to soon.
If not I'm an idiot

# 62 tyler289 @ 06/30/09 12:07 AM
I'll probably purposely do crappy in the HS playoffs to be a mid-level recruit and go to a mid-level school where I can play right away, but not be amazing.

Love the new background though of the dorm room.

# 63 Exonerated @ 06/30/09 12:12 AM
blah blah balh I'm selfish. This mode sucks. Where's my dynasty? I should be making ncaa coz i'm smarter and better than everyone....

# 64 blackscorpion11 @ 06/30/09 12:12 AM
Just Curious,

Does anybody actually do this mode?

# 65 blackscorpion11 @ 06/30/09 12:15 AM
Right!

A highlight show of user games in your dynasty would have been big..

# 66 OpusX910 @ 06/30/09 12:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLaren
EA Team, my perspective is a bit different, so humor me for a moment...

I would love to be able to enjoy the 'Road To Glory' (NCAA) and 'Superstar' (Madden) modes, but I won't be able to truely immerse myself in either of these modes until your team really commits to the role-playing experience from a sports-gaming perspective...I'm thinking Fallout 3 with a football .

Every year I give both of these modes a legitimate shot of winning me over, and ever year I get the feeling that the design team is dipping their toe in the water, but are afraid to dive in when it comes to turning these modes into full-fledged role-playing games. If I'm going to play the role of a wide-reciever from Los Angeles, who finaly gets to fullfil his dream of playing for Stanford and leading them to a PAC-10 championship, I believe the game should portray the emotional ups-&-downs and the relationships that form and break over the course of such a story.

I play sports-games because I like to simulate competition, I play RPG's because I like to simulate character developement...I often think of how great it would be to have a game (or mode) that combined the strengths of those two genres and created an experience that would provide lasting memories.

Yes, it would take another level of commitment to make this mode into a respectable football-RPG. Yes, the "hardcore" sports-gaming community would be in an uproar if you spent more time on the mode. But if you're going to have a mode where the gamer assumes a fictional role, I think it would be inredibly beneficial to follow in the footsteps of successful role-playing-games that have captured the hearts of gamers for decades.
I agree with this post in every aspect...it will be fun to see how the reports change in RTG with different levels of players, positions, teams etc.

But I also agree with everybody else who feels shafted that they put this much work in presentation for RTG and not dynasty. I play both modes a ton, and am excited to see how RTG shakes up this year...unfortunately not so much for dynasty tho...i'll probably buy this game used now, instead of not at all.

# 67 tswiatkowski @ 06/30/09 12:36 AM
Ill comment on the positive first, which is an improved presentation aspect to the Campus Legend game mode, and a sign that this mode is headed in the right direction. My problem is that they didnt make this show for all of the game modes. Especially online dynasty. How cool would it be to see a show when you sign in for the first time in a new week that shows the new rankings and everything? That would be so awesome. I also like that they are finally using the ESPN license

# 68 HiTEqMETHOD @ 06/30/09 01:24 AM
oh please, if you don't think this was a waste of resources then you're high. people aren't just bitching about EA for the hell of it. EA has money,ALOT, tons of employees yet they somehow can't manage to make an amazing game. they can't even manage to improve the areas of a game that people are actually asking for,they say they're listening to us yet they still do **** like this. yeah okay we like to bitch about nothing yet even EA is starting to notice that their own devs are slacking e.g. Ian Cummings taking over Madden.

# 69 Sublime12089 @ 06/30/09 02:51 AM
I wish the effort would have gone to dynasty instead, however I am intrigued to play this while I wait for rosters for dynasty

# 70 joshuat8210 @ 06/30/09 08:32 AM
IMO the rtg feature, I will mess with a month or two before ncaa 11 comes out. I wish they implemented this into offfline dynasty.

# 71 Craig Bond93 @ 06/30/09 09:11 AM
You guy are freakin idiots!!!!!! Dont get mad about the new features added to RTG you should be happy because atleast you know they are trying to improve the game. I know it would be better if they put the presentation into dynasty mode but they didnt so shut up.

# 72 djp73 @ 06/30/09 10:55 AM
kicker? anyone?

# 73 WolverinesFinest @ 06/30/09 02:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBFranchise
Anyone know if its possible to take your player from RTG directly into coaching (dynasty)?
I forgot all about this but I dont think it has been added. When NCAA 06 came out (campus legends first year) this was in and when you came out of highschool not every school was giving you a scholarship offer. If these 2 things were re-added then that would make this mode more fun to play.

# 74 tswiatkowski @ 06/30/09 03:40 PM
agreed. I didnt usually play dynasty afterwards, but I dont like the fact that every school in Div I gives you a scholarship. You should be given 10 schools based on your talent level with the option to go to your listed "favorite school". That would make signing day a bit more fun. Or, to go even further, maybe you could have a couple of weeks to narrow from 10 to 5, and then 5 to three, and then choose one of the three on signing day the way they choose the hat in real life. that would be fun too.

# 75 statum71 @ 06/30/09 06:04 PM
I too am HIGHLY disappointed this show won't be included in the Dynasty mode.

# 76 JAYMO76 @ 06/30/09 06:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by statum71
I too am HIGHLY disappointed this show won't be included in the Dynasty mode.
The number 1 sentiment in this thread.... Why EA/Tiburon why?????

# 77 lovesnikes @ 06/30/09 07:54 PM
its playable now....and i like how they took it back like heisman mode in ncaa 2006 with the dorm room. they needed to add this little erin andrews show in dynasty though, hopefully they did

# 78 shoked @ 07/01/09 12:29 AM
While I'm happy about the presentation, I doubt I will spend much time with RTG unless Dynasty becomes unplayable.

But think about this for a moment. How long have they had exclusive rights to both NFL and NCAA FB? I don't know about Madden 2010, but for my money ESPN NFL 2K5 continues to beat Madden in game presentation even today. Halftime and post game shows with highlights from ESPN personalities were so fun to watch. And still with Madden and NCAA we get very little in that department.

All I'm saying is they've had plenty of time to make us feel more like we're really experiencing football, both on and off the field, and they still have a ways to go.

I don't know how they feel about us but I wish they'd do more focus group work and beta testing with die hard players. I've played through 20 plus seasons or so on all of the Madden (franchise) and NCAA (dynasty) games for the Xbox. 2010 will be my first foray into the new consoles.

While some of us will try RTG and maybe enjoy it, clearly this is aimed at more casual gamers. I'm sure they'll allow you to import your player into Madden as well but in NCAA 2010, it's four season and you're done. That's not a great deal of time or replay-ability for that mode.

# 79 43Chargers4Now @ 07/02/09 01:51 PM
Now I hope Madden will have an upgraded Superstar mode like RTG

# 80 43Chargers4Now @ 07/02/09 01:53 PM
Road to Glory is looking good right now. The only thing I hope is it has more announcements and details

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.