Home
NCAA Football 10 News Post

NCAA Football 10’s TeamBuilder Provides Fans with More Than 100,000 Teams to Choose from on July 14th

In anticipation of the release of NCAA Football 10, thousands of fans have logged on to teambuilder.easports.com to create custom teams that can be shared and used in-game when the full product launches on July 14th. Following the announcement at E3 that TeamBuilder was live, fans created teams at an astonishing rate, averaging seven per minute during the first two days. TeamBuilder has continued to be a huge hit ever since, generating more than 100,000 teams and ensuring that there will be an unprecedented amount of content for fans to choose from when the game hits shelves July 14th.

TeamBuilder is an all-new, online create-a-school feature that revolutionizes the user’s ability to produce personalized content for NCAA Football 10. With the capability to upload logos and numerous customization options for uniforms, fields, rosters, and much more, TeamBuilder gives users the opportunity to design completely original teams with infinite possibilities. Plus, preloaded logos for several Football Championship Subdivision schools will allow users to add more teams to NCAA Football 10. With its intuitively designed online database that is searchable across several fields, TeamBuilder allows users to share their unique, customized content with ease. A football fan’s dream, TeamBuilder will enable users to experience the excitement and pageantry of college football, defined by their own personalized creations.

The original packaging of NCAA Football 10 will contain a code that unlocks 12 TeamBuilder slots, allowing users to save up to 12 created teams to the console hard drive. Those who pre-order NCAA Football 10 prior to the July 14th in store date will receive a code for an additional 13 slots, allowing them to save 25 created teams directly to the console hard drive.

First introduced in NCAA Football 2000 on the PlayStation, create-a-school has been a favorite feature of sports gamers for years. The PS2 version made its debut in NCAA Football 2003 and for the past three years, fans have anxiously awaited the next generation of create-a-school. The wait is now over, as EA SPORTS proudly presents the arrival of TeamBuilder, a revolution in create-a-school history.

NCAA Football 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view NCAA Football 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NCAA Football 10Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 61 - View All
NCAA Football 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 rwk2009 @ 06/30/09 08:05 PM
I picked those jerseys too =)
Nice to see them like that

# 2 Craig Bond93 @ 06/30/09 08:36 PM
Nice pictures! The jerseys look grea!

# 3 Craig Bond93 @ 06/30/09 08:37 PM
Nice pictures! The jerseys look great!

# 4 jyoung @ 06/30/09 09:13 PM
It's a cool feature for sure.

Shame the actual game is so sorry.

# 5 Roggie @ 06/30/09 09:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wEEman33
It's a cool feature for sure.

Shame the actual game is so sorry.
Maybe if we knew this.

You've played the demo, you say?

Just to remind everyone, the demo isn't the final build.

Yes, the game isn't perfect. But it will be better than we think.

Not picking you out, just issuing a friendly reminder.

# 6 aimiami @ 06/30/09 11:32 PM
cool team and unis
are those teams early on gona be ok?

# 7 Perfect Zero @ 06/30/09 11:59 PM
I have about twenty teams created, but that doesn't mean I'm going to buy the game. I've just had a lot of fun with it.

# 8 jyoung @ 07/01/09 12:20 AM
Eh, maybe the retail game will be slightly better, but it's still going to be the same arcade-style football game that it was in the demo.

Until the animations and physics get a serious overhaul, the game is still going to be a bunch of robots ice skating around with no momentum throwing laser passes left and right.

Don't even get me started on the line play.

# 9 BoomerSooner11 @ 07/01/09 12:23 AM
Looks pretty awesome, Can't wait.

# 10 moylan1234 @ 07/01/09 12:25 AM
Thanks Steve, any chance you could download some of our teams and post screens?

# 11 TrapStar215 @ 07/01/09 01:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stewaat
Thanks for the pics Steve.

I chose the same jersey pattern so it's cool to see what it would look like. The numbers definitely need some sort of trim!
Yeah, they could use a outline badly.

# 12 moylan1234 @ 07/01/09 03:53 PM
The point is that the game isn't even out yet and already all these people have made teams. Of course the number is only going to grow after the games release. Think about it it's pretty much only the hardcore community that even knows about teambuilder at this point. The casual audience isn't going to know about it until they load the game in and see it on the menu.

# 13 OMT @ 07/01/09 04:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hcopenhagenh
The numbers seem very low to me.
We are estimating 750,000 teams will be created. We are well ahead of where we thought we would be.

# 14 OMT @ 07/01/09 04:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan55
The point is that the game isn't even out yet and already all these people have made teams. Of course the number is only going to grow after the games release. Think about it it's pretty much only the hardcore community that even knows about teambuilder at this point. The casual audience isn't going to know about it until they load the game in and see it on the menu.
Exactly. We are very encouraged by the amount of teams that have been created!

# 15 moylan1234 @ 07/01/09 04:10 PM
Quote:
The numbers aren't going to increase much at all after release. These numbers are really low. Team Builder is basically a hard core feature, especially the way it is set up. The Casual Gamer isn't going to care much about this feature. Having to go to the PC to create, transfer teams, blah blah blah. Just to much work for the casual gamer. Same thing for me... just to much work for me to have any interest.
It's barely any work at all, you'd know this if you tried it.
Quote:
If it were on the game disc or included as an extra disc with the game I might play with it for a couple of hours.
then it wouldn't be any where near as good as it is and you wouldn't be able to make authentic looking teams so it'd basically be a huge waste of time.
Quote:
I just don't see the casual gamer wanting to spend time with team builder. Casual gamers pick up a game, play for a couple of weeks and trade the game in.
I disagree, but obviously time will tell

Adam, any chance you could tell us how many users have made at least one team?

# 16 moylan1234 @ 07/01/09 04:23 PM
hcopenhagenh, here's a NCAA Strategies poll you may want to keep an eye on. http://www.ncaastrategies.com/utopia...ad.php?t=67947

# 17 moylan1234 @ 07/01/09 04:46 PM
Quote:
750,000 created teams sounds like a lot, which it is a huge number, but when you talk of people actually using the program those numbers are low.
but again your missing something here. How about the number of people that will download a team someone else created. Even though these people aren't going in and making teams themselves they are still in fact using the feature.

# 18 notoriouzwun @ 07/01/09 04:48 PM
Hey Steve, is it possible to maybe get a few screen shots of the logos on the field? This has been my biggest concern. I'm afraid the logos on the field may look jagged or off a bit..

# 19 JAYMO76 @ 07/01/09 04:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam_Thompson_EA
Exactly. We are very encouraged by the amount of teams that have been created!
Congrats on your success thus far. HOWEVER, you have 100,000 + teams but the better question is how many creators do you have? I have been having fun designing uniforms and have like 18 teams (I probably won't use them because I like realism but it's fun... kind of like an A.D. director). Probably everyone on these forums account for 1,000's of teams?????

# 20 prowler @ 07/01/09 04:59 PM
Quote:
But 750,000 is a relatively low number when you start looking at percentages. I am a businessman and I look at it like this. People using Team Builder are going to make at least 5 different teams. Lets limit this and say they make 3 each. With your number of 750,000 created teams, this is a relatively small percentage of people using this feature. This gives you 250,000 people using the Team Builder. If you only sell 1 million copies, you have only targeted 25% of your audience. Being the businessman I am, I want to satisfy as close to 100% as I can. This is especially so when you have people abandoning this game in record numbers this year.

750,000 created teams sounds like a lot, which it is a huge number, but when you talk of people actually using the program those numbers are low.
The problem here is it is impossible to satisfy 100% of your audience. The OS community alone wanted a million different things, it just so happens the ones who didn't get what they wanted are currently banging the drum the loudest.

The other issue you're assuming is that all these teams were created by gamers who already purchase the game and there is no way of knowing that. You see it as 25% of the current audience when it could be a 25% increase. This will be the first next gen version of NCAA I've ever purchased, due in large part to Teambuilder, I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one.

Only time will tell but as of right now it's just numbers that can be interpreted many ways.

« Previous1234Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.