Home
NCAA Football 10 News Post

NCAA Football 10’s TeamBuilder Provides Fans with More Than 100,000 Teams to Choose from on July 14th

In anticipation of the release of NCAA Football 10, thousands of fans have logged on to teambuilder.easports.com to create custom teams that can be shared and used in-game when the full product launches on July 14th. Following the announcement at E3 that TeamBuilder was live, fans created teams at an astonishing rate, averaging seven per minute during the first two days. TeamBuilder has continued to be a huge hit ever since, generating more than 100,000 teams and ensuring that there will be an unprecedented amount of content for fans to choose from when the game hits shelves July 14th.

TeamBuilder is an all-new, online create-a-school feature that revolutionizes the user’s ability to produce personalized content for NCAA Football 10. With the capability to upload logos and numerous customization options for uniforms, fields, rosters, and much more, TeamBuilder gives users the opportunity to design completely original teams with infinite possibilities. Plus, preloaded logos for several Football Championship Subdivision schools will allow users to add more teams to NCAA Football 10. With its intuitively designed online database that is searchable across several fields, TeamBuilder allows users to share their unique, customized content with ease. A football fan’s dream, TeamBuilder will enable users to experience the excitement and pageantry of college football, defined by their own personalized creations.

The original packaging of NCAA Football 10 will contain a code that unlocks 12 TeamBuilder slots, allowing users to save up to 12 created teams to the console hard drive. Those who pre-order NCAA Football 10 prior to the July 14th in store date will receive a code for an additional 13 slots, allowing them to save 25 created teams directly to the console hard drive.

First introduced in NCAA Football 2000 on the PlayStation, create-a-school has been a favorite feature of sports gamers for years. The PS2 version made its debut in NCAA Football 2003 and for the past three years, fans have anxiously awaited the next generation of create-a-school. The wait is now over, as EA SPORTS proudly presents the arrival of TeamBuilder, a revolution in create-a-school history.

NCAA Football 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view NCAA Football 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NCAA Football 10Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 61 - View All
NCAA Football 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 moylan1234 @ 07/02/09 01:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam_Thompson_EA
Stop lying. You're the only person who likes TeamBuilder and have created 100,000 schools yourself.
you caught me, now will there be a DLC for 100,000+ slots?

# 42 dhs22p @ 07/02/09 01:51 PM
Are you guys working on a way to make sure the endzones stay blank if we make them that way?

# 43 aimiami @ 07/02/09 02:05 PM
when it says run/pass
does that mean the % of times you pass or run?

# 44 BoomerSooner11 @ 07/02/09 02:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan55
as long after you create your team on the site it says Xbox 360 as opposed to Web or PS3 under your team than you are good to go.
All mine say "web" cause I had no idea where to place it under 360 and what not.

# 45 OMT @ 07/02/09 02:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhs22p
Are you guys working on a way to make sure the endzones stay blank if we make them that way?
What do you mean?

# 46 dhs22p @ 07/02/09 02:40 PM
I mean I have created many high school teams and have made them with blank endzones. But they never stay that way. I go back in to edit them and the team names are back in the endzones.

# 47 wisecav @ 07/02/09 02:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomerSooner11
All mine say "web" cause I had no idea where to place it under 360 and what not.
Log in to easportsworld.com. Go to "My Profile" and click the edit button in My Bio and click New Persona. Should tell you how to link your XBL account to the EA one. Then it should change on your TeamBuilder

# 48 aimiami @ 07/02/09 02:48 PM
when it says run/pass

# 49 dhs22p @ 07/02/09 03:39 PM
Quote:
I mean I have created many high school teams and have made them with blank endzones. But they never stay that way. I go back in to edit them and the team names are back in the endzones.
My username is dhs22p and you can all the teams have their name in the endzone when it should be blank. Thanks!

# 50 Striefer @ 07/02/09 04:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aimiami
when it says run/pass
Ex:
run/pass

60/40
60% Run
40% Pass

30/70
30% Run
70% Pass

# 51 OMT @ 07/02/09 05:11 PM
Quote:
My username is dhs22p and you can all the teams have their name in the endzone when it should be blank. Thanks!
Ok.. I see what is happening. There are really two issues here. One that we've been working on is that the preview image of the filed is showing the text of the last endzone you edited. So if you edit one team, then view a different, the text from that first team is showing up.

The other thing that is going on with leaving them blank is the web app thinks that you haven't entered any data in there, so every time you return to edit the school it will populate those fields with default text (team name and nickname). We did try this out... if you delete the text for the endzones, save, then download they will appear blank in game as intended.

Hopefully we'll have this fixed on the next deployment of the web app. Thanks for the heads up!

# 52 OMT @ 07/02/09 05:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by twodaysslow
My main concern; as someone has already asked but without a response, is when you place your logo on midfield, is it going to come out all pixeled to hell? If so, is there an image size that is preferred?
We limit the midfield logo to your primary logo to reduce this. 256x256 is the image size. We have the ability to automatically resize your images now, so use a large image to make sure you get the best resolution.

# 53 Potatoes002 @ 07/02/09 05:24 PM
Ya i noticed i made a team with blank endzones but my endzones said miami dolphins (I had just looked at a dolphins team) I had no clue what was going on...I wish the endzones wouldnt reset EVERYTIME you edit them

# 54 aimiami @ 07/02/09 05:26 PM
im guessing all these teams are looking good on the field right? not some bad looking thing put together just to make some more money

# 55 OMT @ 07/02/09 06:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Potatoes002
Ya i noticed i made a team with blank endzones but my endzones said miami dolphins (I had just looked at a dolphins team) I had no clue what was going on...I wish the endzones wouldnt reset EVERYTIME you edit them
Only blank endzones. We're working on it.

# 56 dhs22p @ 07/02/09 06:45 PM
I am glad to see that it is being worked on. Maybe a no font option just like the names on the jerseys would work.

# 57 BoomerSooner11 @ 07/03/09 12:45 AM
This is great it's not linking my Xbox Live gamertag to my EA Sports World account...awesome.

# 58 chapmanosu1 @ 07/03/09 01:08 AM
I really like Teambuilder. Just thought I'd say that, seems to be bashing in other threads.

# 59 italian42 @ 07/03/09 07:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hcopenhagenh
All I am saying is fix features that effect close to 100% of the people. EA as it is now has turned a bunch of people off. I am predicting a decline in sales this year and EA will rub them off as a bad economy. I will attribute it to a bad game.
Wow, you seem to forget that for years now, the NCAA series from EA has turned off a large number of potential buyers due to the fact that a particular college division wasn't represented. Now, due to an incredible feature like TeamBuilder, more fans of smaller division schools are significantly more likely to purchase the game and utilize this new feature. Thus, there will likely be an INCREASE in the market size and, therefore, a wider customer basis than, as you far too simply put it, "only 25%."
In addition, An even larger amount of NCAA players play other games, especially sports games, prior to the launch of each year's NCAA game. Considering that a large number of people (a sample size of 80% of my NCAA playing friends included) are swamped down in other releases at the present time (especially Tiger Woods 10) and are awaiting the arrival of the game prior to getting down to business creating smaller schools, new schools, etc.
As a result of this new feature, you are creating a larger customer base which cannot possibly be represented simply by pre-sale numbers. Certainly any businessman worth his salt would realize such a thing.

P.S. As for the supposed "players skating around shooting lasers w/ no momentum," the momentum of players, thus preventing rapid turning and "Vicking all over the place", is even represented in the demo. Several times players had to regain opposite direction momentum by skidding to a halt and beginning to run the other way. Perhaps a businessman of your level should play the actual product prior to making harsh conclusions based on little to no evidence of fact.

# 60 TracerBullet @ 07/03/09 02:00 PM
Team Builder is awesome! If people actually had of left the OS forums once in awhile they would have noticed exactly how much it was requested elsewhere. Most people call it stupid because they don't use it but I guess that's their problem. thanks EA for bringing back create a school. It's actuallly more than I thought I would get. Maybe in the future verisons we could get to customize a stadium as well.

Also hcopenhagenh weas talking about how adaptive A.I. and everything else didn't work inthe demo, well it was only 2 min quarters and it is a demo. If people don't like the game, don't buy it its that simple.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.