Home
Madden 2010 News Post

Destructoid has the scoop.

Quote:
"GameStop has just announced that pre-ordering Madden NFL 10 for the Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3 will net its customers an exclusive demo of the title. The demo will features four five-minute quarters, with the Arizona Cardinals and Pittsburgh Steelers as the playable teams. Codes for the pre-order demo will hit stores by July 15, and the demo is slated to go live by the end of July."

Game: Madden NFL 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 76 - View All
Madden NFL 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 Rebel10 @ 07/07/09 05:54 PM
FYI, it certainly does not seem like this means the Demo is dropping on the 15th, but still going for a "late July" release. I'm sure this has been mentioned on pages 1 - 3.

# 62 Brandon_c993 @ 07/07/09 05:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubfan
Makes no sense to give us the code on the 15 and then make us wait untill later in the month to download the demo. Just put the demo up on PSN and XBL for all to play.
Actuaslly it would make a lot of sense... so they can get everyone their code before the demo is released...

# 63 Rebel10 @ 07/07/09 05:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamite
I don't know if it's cool or vogue to bash GameStop, but it's a little bit of a generalization to say that "they're largely incompetent when it comes to games" when EA (in case you're wondering, a fairly large player in video games) is doing significant business with the company, that speaks to the success of the company...if people were as incompetent as you say...then the company wouldn't have been successful at all.

Oddly enough, how do you suppose that you would get a demo of this caliber were it not for a large retailer to pair with?
How about they just release a demo of this calibur instead of forcing a pre-order with a company that is incompetent when it comes to anything customer service related. Next to Guitar Center, Gamestop is one of my least favorite stores. I'll probably still be pre-ordering there for the Demo, but I might take my purchase elsewhere and eat the $5.

# 64 Dynamite @ 07/07/09 06:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel10
How about they just release a demo of this calibur instead of forcing a pre-order with a company that is incompetent when it comes to anything customer service related. Next to Guitar Center, Gamestop is one of my least favorite stores. I'll probably still be pre-ordering there for the Demo, but I might take my purchase elsewhere and eat the $5.
Or you could stop painting an entire company as incompetent because of the store in your area. That could work too. 1 store does not make a company incompetent. It's generalizing an entire group of people based on limited information. Not to mention, pre-ordering has no negative effect on you as a consumer. None. If you're going to buy the game anyway..why not? It's literally a situation where people will complain either way. If a game miraculously sells out, then we're wrong, but if we ask you to pre-order your copy, we're also wrong.

It would be like me saying everyone at EA is a great guy because Ian is here and by all accounts, a good guy. Limited interaction, I can't speak for the entire company based on my interaction with one person, same for the one store out of over 6000 GameStops.

As for the demo, I'm excited that there are 20 minutes of game to play with, because that's going to allow us to see a glimpse of gameplay, hopefully this is highlighting the improvements over last year. I'm cautiously optimistic, but excited to play video football again. Hopefully the honeymoon is longer this year. Even better is that Madden has a large fan base that will be excited for this demo, driving pre-orders (for a game that people would pick up, this is win win for both sides), and getting people excited about this game is part of the fun in working with video games.

# 65 adembroski @ 07/07/09 06:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by celg35
lol i just called gamestop again , and the guy was extremely confident that the demo was on a disc to be released in the coming weak. this is from his memo....

this is funny how no one from EA has stepped up to confirm how we will get this demo.

so far the guys at game stop seem the most credible so far............................................... ...........unless someone has concrete info on this sight?
Week.

Anyways, I'm almost 100% certain this is not the case. Hopefully Phil can come in and Phil us in (nyuk nyuk).

Or maybe someone who had the FNR4 preview code? How'd that work?

# 66 poster @ 07/07/09 07:12 PM
The Fight Night 4 code was on game advertised paper with a peel back label exposing the code. Similar to the cards that have the code for a free month of XBOX Live.

For FN4 some in the forum got their codes early to the point that they were trying the code and reporting "no luck". My Gamestop kept saying we don't have the codes yet, and gave me the we can't give them out anyways talk. So I think it depended on the store/manager as to if they gave them out early.

Maybe the codes are being released on the 15th, with a demo later as a result of complaints from customers. Once it was reported that the FN4 demo was up some were ready with their codes, and some did not have their codes. Just speculation.

# 67 splff3000 @ 07/07/09 07:16 PM
Quote:
ok guys...i did some research and i called two gamestops. the memo that the game stops got was this: If you preorder madden 10 , then sometime this weak or next, thier will be a disk that will have the demo on it. according to the manager, you will get the code to unlock the teams in the superbowl for 5 min quarters

so my understanding is that the demo comes out this weak or next. and it is in the physical format of a disk.

i will be calling everyday for a weak to find out when it comes in........................
Quote:
lol i just called gamestop again , and the guy was extremely confident that the demo was on a disc to be released in the coming weak. this is from his memo....

this is funny how no one from EA has stepped up to confirm how we will get this demo.

so far the guys at game stop seem the most credible so far............................................... ...........unless someone has concrete info on this sight?
This is what I was told as well. When I reserved it friday, I was told by the manager to check back in there on Wednesday(tomorrow) and he should have it. After all this stuff about codes came out, I called the store and asked them did they need my email address(nobody asked for it initially) and the girl that worked there put me on hold then came back and told me no. She said I can just come up to the store and show my receipt.

Seems like somebody's confused.

# 68 radatdude2 @ 07/07/09 07:19 PM
i just dropped down 5 bucks hope the demo comes soon. The guy at the store really didn't have too much info based on the demo.

# 69 splff3000 @ 07/07/09 07:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamite
I don't know if it's cool or vogue to bash GameStop, but it's a little bit of a generalization to say that "they're largely incompetent when it comes to games" when EA (in case you're wondering, a fairly large player in video games) is doing significant business with the company, that speaks to the success of the company...if people were as incompetent as you say...then the company wouldn't have been successful at all.

Oddly enough, how do you suppose that you would get a demo of this caliber were it not for a large retailer to pair with?
Dynamite, you know you're cool with me because you're a Raiders fan, but I have to say, out of all the franchises I've done business with (buying, selling, and trading games is doing business), Gamestop is by far the worst I've experienced. As you notice I'm referring to my experiences. I try to avoid gamestop like the plague. I had bad experiences in California when I lived there for a year. I've had bad experiences in Mobile, Alabama( my home town). I HAVE bad experiences here in VA(where I live now). That's not just a coincidence.
I've had them try to rip my 6 yr old son off when he was trying to trade in some of his DS games. I had a serious argument with an employee one time because I bought a NEW game and he gave me one that had been opened and wanted to charge me full price. This has been well documented since that incident happened to me. See here:

http://www.projectcoe.com/nintendo/e...estop_nin.html

These are just the most recent incidents. I'm not gonna even gonna go all the way back to before I moved to VA. They are, to put it nicely, shady. If you google "Gamestop" and the word "scams" or "shady" or any word similar in definition you'll find gobs of posts and blogs detailing horrific experiences in gamestop. So Dynamite we're cool, but forgive me if I don't share the same feeling about the company that rhymes with the company you work for.

# 70 HolyCrap @ 07/07/09 08:15 PM
Splff,
should have pre-ordered online for free and then cancel after u get emailed the code and dl the demo

# 71 DoubleDeuce @ 07/07/09 08:37 PM
man i hate going into gamestop. but i guess i hafta. the bidness itself may be competent, but the minimum wage people they have inside arent. but its like going to taco bell and expecting them to get your burritas right. if they do, i consider it a bonus. just expect the worst and you can be pleasantly surprised.

# 72 splff3000 @ 07/07/09 08:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleDeuce
man i hate going into gamestop. but i guess i hafta. the bidness itself may be competent, but the minimum wage people they have inside arent. but its like going to taco bell and expecting them to get your burritas right. if they do, i consider it a bonus. just expect the worst and you can be pleasantly surprised.
lol. Words to live by.

# 73 Qb @ 07/07/09 09:09 PM
Gentlemen, let's keep this on topic. This is not the thread to discuss the competence of Gamestop employees, the company's business practices, or anything else that doesn't pertain to the demo/code release. Thanks for your cooperation...

# 74 splff3000 @ 07/07/09 09:13 PM
We'll find out tomorrow about the demo disc. I'm definitely going tomorrow when I get off work. I fully expect them to give me some excuse or tell me something went wrong or something that does not involve them putting a demo disc in my hand. Wouldn't it be tight though if they DID put it in my hand. Stay tuned.

# 75 TreyIM2 @ 07/07/09 09:23 PM
I actually hit Gamestop after the gym before this was posted, and a worker said that they may not get the codes til the 24th "or sumthin like that in the email I read...". GS is usually pretty clueless as the GS I went to yesterday while in a mall had a "We don't know WHEN the codes are coming in. They don't tell us nuffin'" statement.

Sidebar - GS now has posters saying that if u trade in NCCA Football 10 toward the pre-order of Madden, you'll get $40 credit. EA is expecting disgust of NCAA 10, I guess, once it is released and purchased by many.

# 76 xylocaine @ 07/07/09 09:30 PM
Well I didn't want ncaa anyways, Madden will be much better and evoled. I question EA's timing with NCAA, but I love it personally

# 77 Instant C1a55ic @ 07/07/09 10:30 PM
I just got an e-mail from EA saying that if you pre-ordered madden then you can get the demo from gamestop on the 23rd, and everyone else must wait till the 30th.

# 78 adembroski @ 07/08/09 12:22 AM
Quote:
whats week about it...
*facepalm*

# 79 Dynamite @ 07/08/09 01:43 AM
Dude, there's no disk. I work there. There's not a disk.

# 80 dat boi Q @ 07/08/09 01:46 AM
it does matter cause in october all you guys going to be mad at ea for dropping both games cause madden and ncaa going to suck and thats 120$ apiece and all you guys going to say is " madden 11 and going to be better " and next year we start this all over again

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.