Home
Madden 2010 News Post

Destructoid has the scoop.

Quote:
"GameStop has just announced that pre-ordering Madden NFL 10 for the Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3 will net its customers an exclusive demo of the title. The demo will features four five-minute quarters, with the Arizona Cardinals and Pittsburgh Steelers as the playable teams. Codes for the pre-order demo will hit stores by July 15, and the demo is slated to go live by the end of July."

Game: Madden NFL 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 76 - View All
Madden NFL 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 NYyankz225 @ 07/08/09 02:09 PM
got mine online with free overnight shipping so ill get the code right to my email address and madden early friday morning

# 102 Brandwin @ 07/08/09 02:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sambf12
i would just go to that store and make sure they guarantee they'll have the code for you to pick up on the 15th. and if they can't, cancel your current pre-order and do it again and give them your email address...but you should be safe with your current receipt.
Problem is, I won't be around on the 15th.

# 103 BroMontana82 @ 07/08/09 02:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DookieMowf
Problem is, I won't be around on the 15th.
oh ok well then go in this week or before the 15th and show them the receipt and give them your email address so they'll send it. shouldn't be a problem.

# 104 canes2008 @ 07/08/09 02:57 PM
Cool.

# 105 carusoClassic @ 07/08/09 04:07 PM
A full game ...nice...the college demo sucks ...once i get rollin its halftime.

# 106 DearbornDolfan @ 07/08/09 04:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtxambition
Destructoid has the scoop.
This kinda blows, actually. I mean, it's great those who pre-ordered are being recognized, but why is GameStop special? *shrugs* Whatever, my butt's still going to be parked in line for the midnight release and I intend to play until I pass out from exhaustion.

# 107 bases1616 @ 07/08/09 05:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DearbornDolfan
This kinda blows, actually. I mean, it's great those who pre-ordered are being recognized, but why is GameStop special? *shrugs* Whatever, my butt's still going to be parked in line for the midnight release and I intend to play until I pass out from exhaustion.
Gamestop is the biggest video game seller in the US. I am sure they have worked out some kind of deal with EA Sports. Madden is going to make both Gamestop and of course EA some serious money as usual.

# 108 jayohehn @ 07/08/09 05:42 PM
I just got back from preordering Madden at my local gamestop and the guy didn't ask for my e-mail or anything so I asked him about the demo, and he checked his computer and said that they're receiving the "rave card" which has the code and instructions tomorrow and told me to call him at noon tomorrow to see if they have it.

# 109 gameplayer321 @ 07/08/09 05:50 PM
great news, now i don't have to play that wack NCAA Demo much longer

# 110 splff3000 @ 07/08/09 06:19 PM
Just got back from my gamestop and I was told this time that they will have a card. They didn't have them in today, but he told me to just keep calling. I don't know why he would say that if I can't get it until the 15th. Maybe he just wants someone to call every now and then because he's lonely.

# 111 Ankido @ 07/08/09 06:37 PM
In today's economy, video games are not going to sell like they used to. Madden pre sales have dropped since 2 years ago and last year was a major disaster. Every year I joined in on pizza and tournaments during midnight sales and last year it was canceled because they didn't have enough pre orders. I'm talking about a HUGE gamestop that's built for tournaments.

Is this a gimmick to get people to pre order? NO, it doesn't guarantee EA that those pre orders will be sales since you can only drop a five on it. The demo better shock the world because if it doesn't; EA is only hurting themselves in sales at launch. Like an idiot, I pre ordered online; had to do the over night delivery for the demo code. I'm spending $80 for the game and demo. I better be shocked!

I also like to mention that Madden 10 is probably going to be the best Madden ever. Why? They're releasing the demo early which only means they're confident in their game.

# 112 JB0B0 @ 07/08/09 07:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by celg35
this is funny....so thier going to give us a code, but where are we going to retrieve the game from? Is it going to be xbox live/psn network? if so , why not just post the demo that day. this whole preorder bs doesnt make sense.

now, if you said that you will get the demo in the form of a disk, then that would make perfect sense.

does anyone know where we suppose to download the game from?
you get the code, go on your xbox/ps3 and put in the code. for xbox users, there is an option that says "redeem code" - not sure about ps3.

# 113 marshallfever @ 07/08/09 07:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankees022
according to pastapadre, the steelers vs. cardinals demo will be available to download on the 23rd and the giants vs. cowboys demo will be available to download on the 30th.
2 demos? Really

# 114 SHO @ 07/09/09 12:03 PM
I never got asked for my e-mail, either. Do I go back up to Gamestop on the 15th to get the code or what?

# 115 bases1616 @ 07/09/09 12:55 PM
ExtremeGamer was explaining that the codes will come on rave cards to GameStop this Friday. When you order online with GameStop you should have an email registered so I would assume that would be the place they send your code.

Hopefully, there is some kind of organization on GameStop's part because it sounds like people are really confused about these codes. In-Store preorder people I would not wait until the 15th to go get your Madden code. If the cards come in tomorrow check to see if they are giving them out early. If there are only limited supply I would not be surprised if some stores that do start issuing them early run out by the 15th. Doesn't hurt to call or stop by.

# 116 seasprite @ 07/09/09 01:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bases1616
ExtremeGamer was explaining that the codes will come on rave cards to GameStop this Friday. When you order online with GameStop you should have an email registered so I would assume that would be the place they send your code.

Hopefully, there is some kind of organization on GameStop's part because it sounds like people are really confused about these codes. In-Store preorder people I would not wait until the 15th to go get your Madden code. If the cards come in tomorrow check to see if they are giving them out early. If there are only limited supply I would not be surprised if some stores that do start issuing them early run out by the 15th. Doesn't hurt to call or stop by.
There was the same confusion leading up to the beta codes for Battlefield:Bad Company last year that was the same deal with preorder through Gamestop. I had preordered it and didnt get the code emailed to me. All I had to do was call corporate and give them the number on my receipt and voila, I got the code emailed to me five minutes later.

# 117 bronco_fan15 @ 07/10/09 03:52 AM
does anyone know if i still qualify for that demo even if i pre odered madden way before july 15!

i kinda dont want it cuz i want to wait for august 14 for the real thing but then again i want it!

# 118 TreyIM2 @ 07/10/09 01:51 PM
bronco_fan15 - Yea, u still qualify. I pre-ordered over a month ago or so before they even mentioned these codes and I have been checking GS time to time to see if they have them, yet. Remember, there is the pre-order, longer demo with Cards/Steelers then there is the shorter Giants/Boys demo to be released early next month on PSN/XBL. Cool, eh?

# 119 sneezor01 @ 07/10/09 08:02 PM
People STOP!!!!!!! Listen this is how it is suppose to happen and what is going to happen. If you preordered the game you should be able to pick up the code on the 15th. If they have your E-mail address then you could get and email saying to pick up your code from the store or they will just email you the code. THERE WILL NOT BE A DAMN DISC. Why would I get a DISC when you have a code. People let's not be ignorant. Dynamite is right. HE WORKS THERE! The process will be exactly like Fight Night RD 4. reserve the game get the code. NOT A DAMN DISC!!! Phil has even said what the process will be. Reserve the game, get the code on 7/15 and wait for the DEMO. the only thing you could speculate on is for XBOX 360 which Thursday will it be available 7/16 ir 7/23.

# 120 bases1616 @ 07/10/09 10:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sneezor01
People STOP!!!!!!! Listen this is how it is suppose to happen and what is going to happen. If you preordered the game you should be able to pick up the code on the 15th. If they have your E-mail address then you could get and email saying to pick up your code from the store or they will just email you the code. THERE WILL NOT BE A DAMN DISC. Why would I get a DISC when you have a code. People let's not be ignorant. Dynamite is right. HE WORKS THERE! The process will be exactly like Fight Night RD 4. reserve the game get the code. NOT A DAMN DISC!!! Phil has even said what the process will be. Reserve the game, get the code on 7/15 and wait for the DEMO. the only thing you could speculate on is for XBOX 360 which Thursday will it be available 7/16 ir 7/23.
The GameStop demo is confirmed by EA Sports for 7/23.

I checked my local GameStop in Orlando, FL Friday and they did not receive the demo codes as of yet.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.