Home
News Post

EA REVEALS FIRST DOWNLOADABLE CONTENT PLANS FOR FIGHT NIGHT ROUND 4

Free New Game Content Coming by Early August; Button Controls Included In Additional Summer Update

July 7, 2009 – Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: ERTS) announced today its initial Downloadable Content (DLC) plan for Fight Night Round 4. Recently named the Game Critic Awards “Best Sports Game of E3 2009”, Fight Night Round 4 has been winning over reviewers since its release on June 23rd.

The first DLC pack, which will be available for free to both Xbox 360® and Playstation®3 users by early August, will include a new training gym, new gameplay sliders, as well as a host of new equipment that can be used for outfitting boxers. Xbox 360 users will also receive an exclusive alternate version of Sugar Ray Leonard in their first DLC pack, courtesy of Pizza Hut.

EA SPORTS™ will also be releasing a free downloadable game update by early September that will allow gamers to use face buttons on the Xbox 360 and PS3 game controllers to throw punches, hooks, uppercuts and haymakers.

“The depth and variety of new content we have planned this summer is going to make one of the most critically acclaimed games on the market even better,” said senior producer, Dean Richards. “Among the new content in development, our new button control scheme will give fans a choice for how they want to throw punches in the game. We strongly believe that the refined Total Punch Control is the most intuitive way to throw punches in Fight Night Round 4, but we also want fans of the franchise to have an option.”

Fight Night Round 4 is currently available for the PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system and Xbox 360® video game system from Microsoft. This game has been rated T for Teen by the ESRB, and 16+ by PEGI. For more information, log onto http://fightnight.easports.com.

Fight Night Round 4 screenshot gallery - Click to view Fight Night Round 4 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Fight Night Round 4Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 38 - View All
Fight Night Round 4 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 Swingking77 @ 07/10/09 11:36 AM
It's too bad... about the buttons. Offline is now the only real place to play now unless they add a filter...

Punch totals will remain sky high, and now all of the people who were stick mashing with zero accuracy will now not only continue to mash, but will now land nearly everything they throw...

I don't know why people expect that they can just pick up a new game and play as well as a previous installment of the same game... It's lazy and frankly, it's spurred on by online rankings...

A simple formula could be worked out that the ratings could equal punches... a fighter who has a 99 can throw 990 punches in a fight (not counting if he's taking em in the gut)... A guy who has 90 can throw 900, etc... Once your total punches are gone, your guy falls over with a heart attack and dies...

Since they're adding in the buttons, I hope that they make blocking easier... I've always found it to hard to black... Maybe they should add a button in there where if I want to block, all I have to do is hold a button and it reads what punches are comming and makes the blocks EVERY time for me... That would make the game BETTER... (I'm kidding)

The other issue.... WTF with system specific DLC!? Once again the PS3ers get fisted. At least it's for a pre-existing boxer.

As for future DLC figures, I'd at the very least like to see all fighters from previous games made DLC... We are missing some key people in this game... Marciano being one, Micky Ward being another, among a ton of guys... Delahoya, Sonny Liston, Joe Lewis, there are a ton missing... They've added some new faces, some of whom no one cares about, and taken out some critical fighters in exchange for some marginal ones... I'd like to see them back... I just gotta get some Ward vs. Gatti going on...

# 82 parker002 @ 07/10/09 12:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingking77
It's too bad... about the buttons. Offline is now the only real place to play now unless they add a filter...
I would contend that it was before. But I've been playing online games for almost 2 decades and by and large, online gaming in my opinion represents the depth of cheating one will go to win when you're anonymous and there's little chance of getting caught. Not to say there aren't honorable gamers out there, but in general, my experience is that the vast majority of online gamers don't care about anything other than winning at ANY cost.

# 83 Chef Matt @ 07/10/09 01:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by parker002
I would contend that it was before. But I've been playing online games for almost 2 decades and by and large, online gaming in my opinion represents the depth of cheating one will go to win when you're anonymous and there's little chance of getting caught. Not to say there aren't honorable gamers out there, but in general, my experience is that the vast majority of online gamers don't care about anything other than winning at ANY cost.

I agree. Sporting games online just plain byte. I've yet to play a sports game online that someone hasn't cheesed. It's disheartening but that's why I really try to only play my friends online, or just play call of duty.

# 84 parker002 @ 07/10/09 01:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyankee1
I agree. Sporting games online just plain byte. I've yet to play a sports game online that someone hasn't cheesed. It's disheartening but that's why I really try to only play my friends online, or just play call of duty.
Honestly, I've played very few games online, sports or otherwise, where it wasn't a huge issue. I remember griefing and crap in the original Diablo.

# 85 PureBoxingFan @ 07/17/09 12:55 PM
Agreed Pike!

I have a love/hate relationship with FNR4. TPC is cool, but, the deadzone is the only thing that kills it for me. The boxers foot movement is sluggish as well and needs to be sharpened up. The controls are just not responsive. I prefer to use the buttons if that solves the TPC deadzone issue. I'm so sick of hearing TPC users calling button user 'mashers'. Point is if you're good at FNR4 then you're good -period.

# 86 Rawdeal28 @ 07/17/09 03:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by parker002
BINGO!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyankee1
BINGO AGAIN!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.