Home
NBA Live 10 News Post

Game: NBA Live 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PSP / Xbox 360Votes for game: 48 - View All
NBA Live 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 BiggD @ 07/13/09 10:53 PM
Marcus,the easiest thing to do would be to show us some hi res pictures of the players

# 142 stephensonmc @ 07/13/09 10:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeysosa
I have trouble understanding why you act so surprised and defensive at the fact that people care about the game you're making and are going out of their way to help you do your job better. No need to mock them, all you're doing is alienating your most passionate fans.

I really expected more professionalism from EA.
joey,

I get this game we're playing here. It's a no win situation for me. I stay quiet and it's called out as if I'm not responding because "I know I'm wrong." If I keep talking, "I'm defensive."

Once again, not being defensive at all. I come on here to give you accurate information and talk with you guys taking into account everything everyone says. I'm completely open to feedback (ask any one of your fellow posters), and have been a strong advocate towards community interaction.

Fact of the matter is, this was a video taken on a phone that shows things that may appear as if things are in the game when they aren't.

Some of you guys were saying that Gasol looks jacked, the lighting on Gasol in that video accent the shadowing, while if you look at it closely on a screen, thos shadows aren't there. Now, are the shoulders in general with Gasol raised a bit more instead of being slouched down? Absolutely, but that doesn't mean he's jacked. That's just the skeleton of our player.

Keep the feedback coming for sure guys. But, if I think your getting something wrong, I'll always come in and point it out, just as you guys are doing with me at the moment. No reason what so ever to lie to you guys. We know where we're at, and it would be ridiculous to just lie at the moment.

If I'm coming accross as "defensive," apologies for sure! Not my intention.

# 143 stephensonmc @ 07/13/09 10:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggD
Marcus,the easiest thing to do would be to show us some hi res pictures of the players
Working on it actually, but might not be able to with our Marketing and PR peeps controlling what we can / can't say / show.

# 144 Jano @ 07/13/09 10:54 PM
LOL at ben and joey man those posts were too damn funny.

# 145 NoTiCe_O @ 07/13/09 10:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeysosa
I have trouble understanding why you act so surprised and defensive at the fact that people care about the game you're making and are going out of their way to help you do your job better. No need to mock them, all you're doing is alienating your most passionate fans.

I really expected more professionalism from EA.
Its funny how you left this out

"Not "dismissing" a thing my man. Please don't spin my words. We're all in this for the same reason."

Its just that the guy is beating a dead horse, how are you going to argue to a producer about the game their making, Steph even said that that's probly not an in game model it could be dif. cause its just a green screen intro. They've been more than proffesional here on these boards they don't even have to be here

# 146 BiggD @ 07/13/09 11:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephensonmc
Working on it actually, but might not be able to with our Marketing and PR peeps controlling what we can / can't say / show.
I know u are working hard behind the scenes my man!!! your PR peeps are being very tight lipped this year.I hope they aren't fearing the competition... be confident in your product
the more you get visuals out there the more exposure(i know you know that though)

Q/ is that the orlando arena at the start? are all 30 teams going to show there own stadiums?

# 147 FearlessKaz @ 07/13/09 11:02 PM
Hey Steph..when you said the bodytypes had been changed, did you mean from the build we saw in the video Dwight posted or overall for Live 10? Just checking to see if I misunderstood what you were saying.

# 148 Benicio10 @ 07/13/09 11:02 PM
Quote:
joey,

I get this game we're playing here. It's a no win situation for me. I stay quiet and it's called out as if I'm not responding because "I know I'm wrong." If I keep talking, "I'm defensive."

Once again, not being defensive at all. I come on here to give you accurate information and talk with you guys taking into account everything everyone says. I'm completely open to feedback (ask any one of your fellow posters), and have been a strong advocate towards community interaction.

Fact of the matter is, this was a video taken on a phone that shows things that may appear as if things are in the game when they aren't.

Some of you guys were saying that Gasol looks jacked, the lighting on Gasol in that video accent the shadowing, while if you look at it closely on a screen, thos shadows aren't there. Now, are the shoulders in general with Gasol raised a bit more instead of being slouched down? Absolutely, but that doesn't mean he's jacked. That's just the skeleton of our player.

Keep the feedback coming for sure guys. But, if I think your getting something wrong, I'll always come in and point it out, just as you guys are doing with me at the moment. No reason what so ever to lie to you guys. We know where we're at, and it would be ridiculous to just lie at the moment.

If I'm coming accross as "defensive," apologies for sure! Not my intention.
Thanks for the clarification steph... the point i was making, which is where we disagree, is that it's not just Gasol that has large shoulders. All the players do. I can see the shape and they're too round. I don't see how lighting would skew this perception.

I'm glad your team at least acknowledges that the body types are exaggerated. Hope they can be toned down before launch. All this community wants is accuracy. Stay true to it and you'll satisfy us all.

Thanks for the quick feedback!

# 149 joeysosa @ 07/13/09 11:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoTiCe_O
Its funny how you left this out

"Not "dismissing" a thing my man. Please don't spin my words. We're all in this for the same reason."

Its just that the guy is beating a dead horse, how are you going to argue to a producer about the game their making, Steph even said that that's probly not an in game model it could be dif. cause its just a green screen intro. They've been more than proffesional here on these boards they don't even have to be here
That wasn't there when I quoted him, unfortunately. It was added in with an edit. I'm glad that he did add it, though. It's nice to see him be a little more understanding.

# 150 stephensonmc @ 07/13/09 11:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggD
I know u are working hard behind the scenes my man!!! your PR peeps are being very tight lipped this year.I hope they aren't fearing the competition... be confident in your product
the more you get visuals out there the more exposure(i know you know that though)

Q/ is that the orlando arena at the start? are all 30 teams going to show there own stadiums?
Yes sir. All arenas will be shown.

# 151 Jamin23 @ 07/13/09 11:10 PM
Quote:
Yes sir. All arenas will be shown.
I like that!! As we get closer to release can we get a screenshot of each arena?

# 152 youngfaze01 @ 07/13/09 11:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicio10
Thanks for the clarification steph... the point i was making, which is where we disagree, is that it's not just Gasol that has large shoulders. All the players do. I can see the shape and they're too round. I don't see how lighting would skew this perception.

I'm glad your team at least acknowledges that the body types are exaggerated. Hope they can be toned down before launch. All this community wants is accuracy. Stay true to it and you'll satisfy us all.

All the players look fine to me. Last year, everyone had a problem with every player being too skinny. Now too muscular?? Come on. It's still very early in development, with work still being done to players. I am an artist actually, and I also do body sketches. When I use shadowing in my bodies, it slightly appears muscular, that's just what shadowing does. Shadows are everywhere. I see no problem with players being "jacked-up". If you have a light shining down on you, the top of your shoulders will be brighter than the lower part of your arm, because it's being exposed to light. There are dents in your arm, due to muscle and bones, so shadows will cover that area. Trust me as an artist I know, just wait till actual gameplay to judge. Please.

# 153 23 @ 07/13/09 11:24 PM
Ill say this... none other pic so far has been as hi res as this lebron pic

Yet noone wants to talk about it

That said, lets wait until we get some official pics instead of making judgements and telling Steph he doesn't know what he's looking at.... he has the game.

Im as curious as you guys are, but goodness come on fellas. Live hasnt been overly huge since Live 06

# 154 BiggD @ 07/13/09 11:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamin23
I like that!! As we get closer to release can we get a screenshot of each arena?

that would be sweet!

# 155 stephensonmc @ 07/13/09 11:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicio10

I don't think that will be fixed my man. Our skeletons were made with other things in mind (Ryan will discuss this stuff).

No worries Benicio. I know where your heart lies with this stuff. The back and forth / "disagreeing" is all love man. I totally am not arguing for the sake of arguing with you homie. All good ok? Keep it coming!

# 156 23 @ 07/13/09 11:28 PM
Another thing, when guys have raged on about the old models being too skinny, now here is the flip side.

NBA players are extremely cut in an unusual way, if you've ever seen one in person. Their diets are amazing because they have very little body fat.

That's the difference with them though, they're cut up and defined but not jacked to the max.

# 157 Benicio10 @ 07/13/09 11:40 PM
Quote:
I don't think that will be fixed my man. Our skeletons were made with other things in mind (Ryan will discuss this stuff).

No worries Benicio. I know where your heart lies with this stuff. The back and forth / "disagreeing" is all love man. I totally am not arguing for the sake of arguing with you homie. All good ok? Keep it coming!
oh most def, man. i respect the feedback that's why i'm here. i've been a die-hard 2K guy but I'm about ready to switch. You have my eyes and ears. Good luck and all I can say is... realism lol. stick by it, guys.

take care.

# 158 Behindshadows @ 07/14/09 12:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iminurbase
Its not them coming out of the tunnel, its a green-screen style broadcast overlay special for the Finals and Playoffs.

Man I jack your name up every time I want to give props. But I think the video is sick and nice touch for the playoffs and finals.

Keep up the great work and can't wait to see more. So far I'm liking it.

I hope you guys added signature free throw routines as well, they were in Live 07 and I liked them. And I hope the commentary is much improved. Overall I'm digging what I've seen so far even for a few seconds.

# 159 youngfaze01 @ 07/14/09 12:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbz06
Give me a break. I'm surprised how calm and professional they stay considering the unwarranted criticism they receive for a half second low res video clip, and an intro video from a cell phone standing 10 feet away.
It's okay pbz06. The situation has been handled between Steph and joeysosa/ Benicio10. Let's just keep on with the subject now.

# 160 AlexBrady @ 07/14/09 12:10 AM

Ray Allen is the perfect example when talking about how "cut" some of these hoopers are.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.