Western Michigan1
Western Kentucky1
FIU1

Game: NCAA Football 10Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 61 - View All
NCAA Football 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 UtahUtes32 @ 07/13/09 10:09 PM
I can't disagree with Utah being a 5. Perfect rating.

# 122 UtahUtes32 @ 07/13/09 10:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shmoeco
There is no way MSU should be a 3, they should be a 4 for sure.

i think boise state and utah are both to high. they wouldnt have such good records if they played in a real conference.
that's because you are high. you play in the mac. get real.

# 123 blakeharrell @ 07/13/09 10:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jase24
I'm happy with the 6 star rating for Alabama, things are turning around now and hopefully it won't be too long before adding #13 to the trophy room.

As far as the 12 National Championships, the NCAA officially recognizes Alabama with having 12, we only claim 12, and there are some that were given to us that we don't claim.
Let's just see...of those 12, according to Wiki:
1925 - OK
1926-OK
1930 - OK
1934 - OK
1941 - Went 8-2, Number 20 in the AP, lost to Miss St & Vandy, selected national champs by Football Thesaurus. (shouldnt claim this one)
1961 - OK
1964- This one belongs to Arkansas - Alabama lost their bown game to Texas, but was awarded the NC BEFORE the bowl game. (shouldnt claim this one, Arkansas does)
1965 - OK
1973 - Again, lost to Notre Dame in the last game of season, selected NC's by Coaches Poll, shouldnt claim this one. Because of controversy, the polls started waiting until after the bowls.
1978 - OK
1979 - OK
1992 - OK

So, at least 3 shouldnt count.
The number of those that do count is impressive, however.

# 124 UtahUtes32 @ 07/13/09 10:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shmoeco
any incite as to why MSU is still only a 3 star?
How about the fact that your team has never done anything nationally relevant? I do like LeFevour though

# 125 bamaCT12 @ 07/14/09 11:56 AM
im not just saying this because im a bama fan, but auburn is not of the same prestige as FSU in my opinion, they should be a 4 star

# 126 ChicagoSparty @ 07/14/09 12:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpycraig
How about the fact that your team has never done anything nationally relevant? I do like LeFevour though
That's great. He plays for CMU.

As for MSU, we have a couple NCs, though nothing since the 60s.

# 127 theharbinater @ 07/14/09 12:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blakeharrell
Let's just see...of those 12, according to Wiki:
1925 - OK
1926-OK
1930 - OK
1934 - OK
1941 - Went 8-2, Number 20 in the AP, lost to Miss St & Vandy, selected national champs by Football Thesaurus. (shouldnt claim this one)
1961 - OK
1964- This one belongs to Arkansas - Alabama lost their bown game to Texas, but was awarded the NC BEFORE the bowl game. (shouldnt claim this one, Arkansas does)
1965 - OK
1973 - Again, lost to Notre Dame in the last game of season, selected NC's by Coaches Poll, shouldnt claim this one. Because of controversy, the polls started waiting until after the bowls.
1978 - OK
1979 - OK
1992 - OK

So, at least 3 shouldnt count.
The number of those that do count is impressive, however.

first, i agree 41 is bogus. have no idea why we claim that.

second, pre-bowl selected mnc were how they were done then. others claim titles that they lost bowls or didnt even play in a bowl. it's just hpw it was.

finally, you left out undefeated bama teams who were selected mnc by some polls from 1945 and 1966.

45 there were other undefeated, untied teams, so i dont have much beef with this one, but it should be known.

66 we were the only udefeated, untied team in the nation, were pre-season #1, were back-to-back mnc, and were passed by nd and msu mid season just before their infamous tie game in which nd's coach deliberately ran out the clock instead of going for the win. they also refused to go bowling. bama beat #6 (or 8, cant remember) neb 34-7 in sugar. this is the only time that a pre-season #1 has gone undefeated, untied and NOT won the mnc.

also, if you want to get really involved, 77 was another crazy year. 5 teams finished 11-1. bama entered the bowls at #3, and both #1 and 2 lost, while bama won 35-6 over #8 osu. nd, who entered #5, beat the #1 team, pretty badly as well, and jumped bama to finish #1, with bama #2. arky finished 3rd. all 3 split title votes, but nd received the majority. all 3 have a legit argument, though nd has the hardware.

# 128 jeremym480 @ 07/14/09 02:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by theharbinater
first, i agree 41 is bogus. have no idea why we claim that.

second, pre-bowl selected mnc were how they were done then. others claim titles that they lost bowls or didnt even play in a bowl. it's just hpw it was.

finally, you left out undefeated bama teams who were selected mnc by some polls from 1945 and 1966.

45 there were other undefeated, untied teams, so i dont have much beef with this one, but it should be known.

66 we were the only udefeated, untied team in the nation, were pre-season #1, were back-to-back mnc, and were passed by nd and msu mid season just before their infamous tie game in which nd's coach deliberately ran out the clock instead of going for the win. they also refused to go bowling. bama beat #6 (or 8, cant remember) neb 34-7 in sugar. this is the only time that a pre-season #1 has gone undefeated, untied and NOT won the mnc.

also, if you want to get really involved, 77 was another crazy year. 5 teams finished 11-1. bama entered the bowls at #3, and both #1 and 2 lost, while bama won 35-6 over #8 osu. nd, who entered #5, beat the #1 team, pretty badly as well, and jumped bama to finish #1, with bama #2. arky finished 3rd. all 3 split title votes, but nd received the majority. all 3 have a legit argument, though nd has the hardware.
Finally, someone who know's what they're talking about!! Thanks harbinator.

# 129 MSUMAN777 @ 07/14/09 03:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsquigg
ClASSy post, buddy. I don't recall insulting your school because of its mediocre tradition. Tate Forcier is more highly touted than his brother, but I never made him out to be Vince Young. I'll remember your Rodriguez insults when we roll you at East Lansing. Rodriguez doesn't have to recruit better in state when he crushed D'Antonio nationally. Have fun hoping MSU has turned the corner..... Oh yeah, you still haven't won anything significant.
i hate all michigan fans. they think they are so goooooood at everything. sure u can win 10 games and go to the rosebowl a couple times a decade but u lose everytime. the fact is tht msu has won just as many national championships as michigan since ww2. i think u only act up tight cause ur nervous that the "little brother" is doing better.

# 130 clayshime @ 07/14/09 04:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSUMAN777
i hate all michigan fans. they think they are so goooooood at everything. sure u can win 10 games and go to the rosebowl a couple times a decade but u lose everytime. the fact is tht msu has won just as many national championships as michigan since ww2. i think u only act up tight cause ur nervous that the "little brother" is doing better.
That reason you hate us is called jealousy. We've got bigger fish to fry than MSU, while we're your season.

# 131 a1pointguard @ 07/16/09 03:35 AM
regardless, msu should be a 4 star. it seems like they're on the rise too.

# 132 NDNathan @ 07/16/09 05:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dharrisfan2003
Ohio State 6
Michigan 6
Penn State 5
Iowa 4
Michigan State 4
Wisconsin 4
Purdue 3
Northwestern 3
Illinois 3
Minnesota 3
Indiana 2

And MSU is on it's way up, for sure.
Michigan 6*
Ohio State 6*
Penn State 5*
Wisconsin 4*
Michigan State 3*
Iowa 3*
Minnesota 3*
Illinois 3*
Indiana 2*
Purdue 2*
Northwestern 1*

# 133 shlemielo @ 07/16/09 06:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDNathan
Michigan 6*
Ohio State 6*
Penn State 5*
Wisconsin 4*
Michigan State 3*
Iowa 3*
Minnesota 3*
Illinois 3*
Indiana 2*
Purdue 2*
Northwestern 1*

You must be smoking something. 1* for NU? IMO, any team in a BCS conference should have at LEAST 2*. I'm OK with 3* for NU.

# 134 DJncsu13 @ 07/16/09 08:30 AM
What has UNC done to deserve a 4 Star? How is UNC a 4 Star, and not say, Clemson? NC State has beaten UNC the last 2 years, and had similar records, both lost bowl games last year, but UNC climbs and NCSU falls? The UNC-HYPE machine at it's best.

# 135 acts238shaun @ 07/16/09 09:15 AM
Arkansas - 3 stars
Ole Miss - 3 stars
Iowa State - 3 stars
North Carolina - 4 stars (WTF!?!?!)
Syracuse - 3 stars
Northwestern - 1 star

Ok, those teams having the same prestige seems off. Arkansas and Ole Miss should both be four stars. As an Arkansas fan, and therefore anti-Ole P***, I will tell you with respect for their program they were taken to a three star level by Boomhauer Ogeron and brought back to a four star level by Houston Nutt. Arkansas is a member of the SEC, they have been to multiple SEC championship games, won a national championship and should have had a chance at another; I could state multiple reasons why Arkansas should be a four star program, especially when you compare them against the other two teams on this list. Arkansas has done something of late compared to the other above listed teams. Any team in a BCS conference should be an automatic 2 stars. Add that to the above reasons and I believe I have made my case.

What the crap has North Carolina done between Julius Peppers and Butch Davis? You mean to tell me Arkansas is less prestigious than North Carolina in football? Fail, big time. I am not one who is a reactionary person, but this is a flippin' joke. UNC is a three star program only because of last season.

I am not a Big Ten fan, but besides my previous listed reasoning about BCS conferences, Northwestern went to a Rose Bowl and won the Big Ten in the past few years. They are worthy of two stars.

I don't have an issue with Auburn as a 5 star program, but if there isn't at least a 9-4 season they should go back to four stars.

# 136 StormJH1 @ 07/21/09 09:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoSparty
Here's what I don't understand. If ND and UM are 6* (which I agree with), how come if they have a bad season or two in the game, their prestige rating drops?

Re: MSU, I could see 3 or 4*. Personally, would have us at a 4 based on national recognition. But historically (since the 5-s and 60s glory years), we have been as average as it gets.
I'm a Michigan grad myself, but I think it's a close call for Michigan State. I'm pretty sure it used to be a 5-star system, and in that case, I think you'd have to call them a 3*. On a 6-star system, they're probably a 4* after a good year and a 3* after a bad one. Even if the Big Ten isn't the best conference, it's still one of the power conferences, which guarantees at least some high profile competition. They've also had some memorable wins over Notre Dame in their non-conference schedule in recent history, and they've produced a fair amount of NFL talent.

Could go either way. (By the way, I'd also be fine with Michigan being only a 5* after the year we had!)

# 137 Joshua1207 @ 10/06/09 01:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BORN4CORN
Washington St. should be 2* (sorry Potatoes) - did they go up one from 09? A 2 win season should severely diminish you're rep.

Otherwise these look pretty solid. Nice work.
Hey, WSU is great

# 138 acts238shaun @ 10/06/09 09:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by acts238shaun
Arkansas - 3 stars
Ole Miss - 3 stars
Iowa State - 3 stars
North Carolina - 4 stars (WTF!?!?!)

I don't have an issue with Auburn as a 5 star program, but if there isn't at least a 9-4 season they should go back to four stars.
Revisiting my point...Arkansas, Ole Miss and Iowa are 4 star programs, North Carolina is not.

Also, it looks like Auburn's gonna get that 9-4 season.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.