Home
Madden 2010 News Post

TGR has posted their preview of Madden NFL 10.

Quote:
"If there is one thing that EA Tiburon has always been good about, it’s taking back missteps and listening to its fans. Three previous features that have upset some of its audience--Madden IQ, weapons and rewind--have been downplayed in this newest version. Madden IQ has been tweaked to be more effective, while the weapons concept added a few years back has basically been removed. Rewind will still be in the game, but it will no longer be part of the default set up."

Game: Madden NFL 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 76 - View All
Madden NFL 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 WolfpackJk @ 07/13/09 05:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattIntellect
It seems like you just ignored this from a person who attended CD:
well from the vid where i notice and from this preview. its seems that the CD people were handle a bone. i cant remember the videos and i dont have time to search through every one thats been out but ill try to find at least one

# 22 MattIntellect @ 07/13/09 05:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfpackJk
well from the vid where i notice and from this preview. its seems that the CD people were handle a bone. i cant remember the videos and i dont have time to search through every one thats been out but ill try to find at least one
Yeah, a player did run through the ref in a few instances at E3, but it's not something that will occur every time. Don't bother trying to find a video because there is no need for me or you to try to prove a point. You'll ALWAYS continue to try to find the slightest thing wrong from Madden 10, so consider yourself the winner of this round.
Edit: IndyColts2, you're not going to get through to him. He'll show a couple of videos about APF refs and then he'll dig through E3 videos of Madden 10. This will go on and on.

# 23 WolfpackJk @ 07/13/09 05:48 PM
Quote:
Yeah, a player did run through the ref in a few instances at E3, but it's not something that will occur every time. Don't bother trying to find a video because there is no need for me or you to try to prove a point. You'll ALWAYS continue to try to find the slightest thing wrong from Madden 10, so consider yourself the winner of this round.
Edit: IndyColts2, you're not going to get through to him. He'll show a couple of videos about APF refs and then he'll dig through E3 videos of Madden 10. This will go on and on.
and matt you are the ultimate defender of madden. not saying thats a bad things but well done

and to indy colts. WTH was that all about? taking referee class...lol...and whatever non sense u was saying. i just saying if playing are going to go through ref like there hologram and not slow down then thats a clear indication of "here u go, now shut up"

its not a gamebreaker for me. i just dont like it somethin that feel like a lazy attempt

# 24 countryboy @ 07/13/09 06:00 PM
guys just ignore him...if you don't respond he can't continue.

Nothing really new in the preview. I'm just anxiously awaiting the demo to drop.

# 25 SmashMan @ 07/13/09 06:02 PM
Quote:
then thats a clear indication of "here u go, now shut up"
Please?

# 26 Pbrown88 @ 07/13/09 06:04 PM
Quote:
and matt you are the ultimate defender of madden. not saying thats a bad things but well done

and to indy colts. WTH was that all about? taking referee class...lol...and whatever non sense u was saying. i just saying if playing are going to go through ref like there hologram and not slow down then thats a clear indication of "here u go, now shut up"

its not a gamebreaker for me. i just dont like it somethin that feel like a lazy attempt
Wow.. you really do bash everything and everyone. I don't see the point in trying to turn this into a negative thing... What are you accomplishing by trying to bash madden at every corner? I highly doubt they made the Refs so they wouldn't get in the way just to spite you. It probably was a smart decision so you don't have people getting frustrated at Refs getting in the way all the time.... If this truly bothers you I guarantee you are in the minority and madden can't make everyone happy.

# 27 WolfpackJk @ 07/13/09 06:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pbrown88
Wow.. you really do bash everything and everyone. I don't see the point in trying to turn this into a negative thing... What are you accomplishing by trying to bash madden at every corner? I highly doubt they made the Refs so they wouldn't get in the way just to spite you. It probably was a smart decision so you don't have people getting frustrated at Refs getting in the way all the time.... If this truly bothers you I guarantee you are in the minority and madden can't make everyone happy.
im probably is a minority but im fine with that. like i said this is not a gamebreaker by any means even for me(im not buying the game regardless). this is not a complaint but a concern cause that put in question the QUALITY CONTROL aspect. if you dont understand that then well u just dont.

# 28 SmashMan @ 07/13/09 06:21 PM
Quote:
this is not a gamebreaker by any means even for me(im not buying the game regardless).
Well, that invalidates your posts. You don't have to buy the game, but to continually harp on a product you have zero investment in is stupid.

Would you go tell Infinity Ward how to make a better shooting game when you have no plans to buy Call of Duty?

# 29 Pbrown88 @ 07/13/09 06:24 PM
Quote:
im probably is a minority but im fine with that. like i said this is not a gamebreaker by any means even for me(im not buying the game regardless). this is not a complaint but a concern cause that put in question the QUALITY CONTROL aspect. if you dont understand that then well u just dont.
Quality control?... I cant confirm this because I'm not a game developer, but im pretty sure making the refs have an effect on the other players wouldnt be hard. Deciding to leave that out because it may do more harm than good IS "quality control" IMO.

# 30 roadman @ 07/13/09 06:25 PM
Quote:
Compliant, concern?

Why is it a concern of yours if you are not buying the game anyway?

Reason= you want to bash Madden on every post you make in every thread.

# 31 WolfpackJk @ 07/13/09 06:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashMan
Well, that invalidates your posts. You don't have to buy the game, but to continually harp on a product you have zero investment in is stupid.

Would you go tell Infinity Ward how to make a better shooting game when you have no plans to buy Call of Duty?
cause TRASHDEN hasnt been worth me paying for it every year so i buy madden every other year and i bought 09. im a football fan and thats clear as day so my passion for football allows to protest somethin about madden

if infinity ward was making space shooting and calling it CALL OF DUTY. i would protest on there forums also cause its not what call of duty is about or been in the past

# 32 countryboy @ 07/13/09 06:27 PM
guys seriously....continuing to respond to his "cocerns" is only allowing him to continue to express his "concerns". You're only giving him what he wants.

Ignore him.

Anyways, in regards to the preview, the one thing that I read that caught my attention was at the end when the previewer mentioned the AI getting an overhaul as well, at least he speculated, as he talked about how the cpu was handling its business against him.

# 33 WolfpackJk @ 07/13/09 06:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Compliant, concern?

Why is it a concern of yours if you are not buying the game anyway?

Reason= you want to bash Madden on every post you make in every thread.
i said the pass rush look improved. but thats where it stops. madden 10 just looks like a cosmetic upgrade from 09. im a gameplay freak, not a graphics freak. im very proud that presentation look great in madden but thats where it stops.

u can tell in my posts that mainly i been worried about the gameplay aspect and this is just the quality control aspects(which is minimum but it should be addressed just like hand towels was addressed in 10 wishlist last year)

# 34 MattIntellect @ 07/13/09 06:38 PM
Quote:
i said the pass rush look improved. but thats where it stops. madden 10 just looks like a cosmetic upgrade from 09. im a gameplay freak, not a graphics freak. im very proud that presentation look great in madden but thats where it stops.

u can tell in my posts that mainly i been worried about the gameplay aspect and this is just the quality control aspects(which is minimum but it should be addressed just like hand towels was addressed in 10 wishlist last year)
You're not buying the game anyways, so none of this should even matter. Guys, it's best to just ignore him like countryboy said. Sorry, I just had to say it, I'm out.

# 35 Hotlanta @ 07/13/09 06:41 PM
I'm sure there was a mention by the Madden team concerning the referees and players getting effected by them.

Can't remember if it was on these forums or twitter but the decision was to have them not effect players cause like someone mentioned people would probably complaining about so-and-so play getting ruined because a ref got in the way blah blah blah blah.

It's not like it didn't run through there minds to have players affected, they just choose a decision and stuck to it. Who knows..if there are enough complaints maybe the decision will change next year.

# 36 WolfpackJk @ 07/13/09 06:44 PM
Quote:
You're not buying the game anyways, so none of this should even matter. Guys, it's best to just ignore him like countryboy said. Sorry, I just had to say it, I'm out.
so because im not buying the game i shouldnt voice my opinion. thats sound real stupid to me. i said im not buying but thats doesnt mean i not gone be able to play it...

ONLY PEOPLE WHO ARE BUYING THE GAME can say something wrong with it. people who arent buying the game, shut up and leave OS cause my voice( or text cause i bought it) is more relevant than yours.. shame on you

# 37 AdamV4xSBChamp @ 07/13/09 09:12 PM
I hate to burst wolfpacks bubble here, but everything on your TV screen is a hologram, unless you watch TV at Kenny Maynes house. What you seem to be complaining about is lack of collision detection for the refs. There is in fact collision detection in the code for the refs. They just compute "hey, Im going to get ran over by a 220 pound guy wearing hard industrial strength plastics and I think its time I move the f' out of the way". So they are in fact interactive refs who respond to stimuli, they are just programed (much like their real life counterparts) to have a keen interest in self preservation. You seem to think refs should behave as 6 foot brick walls in the playing feild or something, which is not sim. Unless Madden cloned a bunch of Ed Hochulis, which also is not sim, and will alienate our Charger fans.

# 38 TreyIM2 @ 07/13/09 09:21 PM
O.....K......I'm not even going there with this bickering so I'll just state what, I, personally, got out of reading that article which is MORE EXCITEMENT!!!! Madden really seems back on track, improving on the small step they made last year by taking a GIGANTIC leap forward for Madden 10 and I can APPRECIATE that and all the hard work Ian and Co have done. Heck, I appreciated last year's version over the Madden 08 PS3 horribleness.

So, tonite, more NCAA 10 demo, tomorrow, the actual retail game then next week, the pre-order, longer version of the Madden 10 demo goes live, followed by a shorter, different scenario and teams demo the week after...then AUG 14TH, MY FRIENDS!! Lol. Great time to be a football fan, like me.

# 39 JB0B0 @ 07/13/09 09:51 PM
lol...who cares about refs? i'm glad they're in the game but lets not get ahead of ourselves. the only thing i'm worried about is gameplay and franchise.

# 40 achain @ 07/13/09 10:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamV4xSBChamp
I hate to burst wolfpacks bubble here, but everything on your TV screen is a hologram, unless you watch TV at Kenny Maynes house. What you seem to be complaining about is lack of collision detection for the refs. There is in fact collision detection in the code for the refs. They just compute "hey, Im going to get ran over by a 220 pound guy wearing hard industrial strength plastics and I think its time I move the f' out of the way". So they are in fact interactive refs who respond to stimuli, they are just programed (much like their real life counterparts) to have a keen interest in self preservation. You seem to think refs should behave as 6 foot brick walls in the playing feild or something, which is not sim. Unless Madden cloned a bunch of Ed Hochulis, which also is not sim, and will alienate our Charger fans.
haha, great point. You don't see too many refs get knocked to the ground in the NFL... maybe once per game at the most.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.