Home
News Post

Czar checks in with Round 4 of his Platinum Czar Battleground, featuring NBA Live 09 vs. NBA 2K9.

Quote:
"After a short layoff Da_Czar is back to bring you another segment on gameplay as he gives you the goods on player control and team defense. While most think the battle on gameplay is over... Czar says the fat lady is too busy eating for anyone to claim victory this early."

Game: NBA 2K9Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 72 - View All
NBA 2K9 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 LingeringRegime @ 07/16/09 07:19 AM
Great vid Czar as always. Hopefully now some more people will begin to take Live more seriously.

# 2 frostbyte06 @ 07/16/09 09:05 AM
I agree with the animations, I don't know how many times I have gotten a back-court violation in 2K, because I cross half court and try to call a play and they start going into a animation and end up moving back

# 3 robin333 @ 07/16/09 09:49 AM
Thanks Czar
great vid!

# 4 Da_Czar @ 07/16/09 11:31 AM
I really sincerely hope this gets addressed man. Its a big reason this game did not get a lot of play from me this year.

# 5 Da-Man @ 07/16/09 12:13 PM
absolutely brilliant video as usual Czar.. only problem is that nba 2k SlideFest/NoDefense sold the most it has ever sold this year and it was overall the better game so i doubt they'll change much of what you pointed out in the video.

# 6 jr2424 @ 07/16/09 01:54 PM
Another great one, Czar. I thought 2k's rotation scheme was way better in 2k8 than 2k9. But even that year, you could tell that the rotation was the same time after time but not as obvious as 2k9.

# 7 rockchisler @ 07/16/09 01:59 PM
Classic as usual.

# 8 thmst30 @ 07/16/09 04:44 PM
Live does seem to have the better basketball AI, but watching those 2K and EA clips one after the other it just reinforces to me how horrible Live is in motion. Fix the robotic animations and flow of the game, and maybe it will be worth a look this year for me. Already looking forward to another Czar video!

# 9 TracerBullet @ 07/16/09 04:44 PM
That vid right here pretty much explained 90% of the problems I have with 2k9. The help defense is always awful so I rarely call for the dbl team. One animation he could have shown to show how poor the movement is in 2k9 at times is on a fast break when you pass it to someone they kinda kick their legs out to the left and slow down allowing the other team to catch up or the player may even step out of bounds.

Great vid Czar. Hopefully next year both games can step it up.

# 10 DubTrey1 @ 07/16/09 07:26 PM
As usual another great breakdown vid by Czar.

# 11 Bornindamecca @ 07/16/09 11:32 PM
Gold again, from the King himself. Great job, Czar. I agree on all points. 2k's lack of help defense hurts the D and the O. Hopefully they are paying attention. People are on notice about Live right now. Could be the first year I buy two bball games at launch.

# 12 marquiece @ 07/17/09 09:25 AM
Great video! If the makers of both games watched all the videos that you make & actually listened we'd have two great games.

# 13 Artman22 @ 07/17/09 04:31 PM
Now if live can smooth out the animations and make it look human like and not like terminator playing ball I'll buy it.

# 14 Da_Czar @ 07/19/09 07:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by robin333
Thanks Czar
great vid!
Thank you and Welcome to the OS BABY !!!! Great group of people in here... if you love sports and videogames this is the place to be.

JC and DUb I see you fam.

Art1 that was hilarious !!! I don't think they were THAT bad but they do need work.

Borns statement might be the biggest indicator to me that live is looking good. I remember you saying how you don't see how people have the time to deal with 2k games and get deep in each one.

So I KNOW live has to be showing you something for you to even consider it.

I'm very interested to see what 2k brings now that they have EA's full attention and that live's game might actually be comparable. Its one thing to be out front when your competitor is broken to the point of not truly being able to compete but it is quite another to trade leather when your opponent is actually in the same weight class.

should be interesting. The first videos for each company will be very telling.

# 15 Bornindamecca @ 07/20/09 09:59 AM
Live's playcalling and AI intelligence(hello DNA) are stellar. If they build on that and fix the animations and certain art issues, it could be a very exciting year.

On 2k's movement: Though it is overall infuriating, it should be noted that holding L Trigger stops your player from animating randomly when dribbling on the perimeter.

I don't think we'll know what's what until the games drop. If both games build on their progress and plug holes from last year, we'll need the depth of experience to really know which is the greater game, or if either one is great at all. That's a good thing. The basic basketball should be well represented by both franchises. The practice modes, the associations, the online features, the onilne service(2k!!!!!) and the fun factor after hours of play will most likely determine the winner, more so than graphics and nuts and bolts gameplay this year.

If both games are great, I'll pick them both up. I'm a little nervous about what will happen to the community though. It'll be split four ways if both games are great. Ps3/Live vs Xbox NBA Live, PS3 2k vs Xbox 2k

The Sim community is going to have to step up! I need at least one great league to be a part of.

# 16 23 @ 07/20/09 01:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DONF
Bias vid and dude you must be nuts to even compare live to 2k9. Not even close. Gamplay to Graphics live is the worst basketball effort ever.

Like a earlier poster stated, the L trigger stops the movement. Also, your live vid shows how the ball doesn't even animate/touch the court. Everyone on live is skating. Please! end this crap!
you havent been around here very long have you

# 17 thmst30 @ 07/20/09 03:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DONF
Bias vid and dude you must be nuts to even compare live to 2k9. Not even close. Gamplay to Graphics live is the worst basketball effort ever.

Like a earlier poster stated, the L trigger stops the movement. Also, your live vid shows how the ball doesn't even animate/touch the court. Everyone on live is skating. Please! end this crap!
Biased view. Dude go look at the previous 3 videos. 2K destroyed Live in every way. The Czar just tells it straight, no bias whatsoever.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.