Home
NCAA Football 10 News Post

The official patch for NCAA Football 10 has been released for the 360.

Quote:
""Per Adam_Thompson_EA:

1) Option to turn off DLC in online dynasty
2) Sliders are fixed
3) Default roster now matches the one we put in the EA locker"

NCAA Football 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NCAA Football 10Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 61 - View All
NCAA Football 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 pdiehm @ 07/22/09 07:52 AM
I just played a game on AA, with default sliders. Keep in mind that I super simmed the defense because I have limited time before work, and as with past versions, the super sim of the defense leads to CPU scores 99% of the time.

PSU (Me) vs Memphis (CPU)

Score: 42-35
First Downs: 17-17
Offense: 519-448
Rushing: 28-173-3/14-88-2 (Memphis was down 35-14 at one point)
Passing: 14/22 346-3-1 / 28/37 360-2-1
3rd Down: 3-8 / 3/9
Red Zone: 6 att, 4 TD / 6 att, 3 TD
TOP: 12:02 / 8:00
Penalties: 6/50 (3 Holding, 1 FM, 1 clip) / 0 penalties for Memphis
Punts: 3 - 43.3 / 4-37.8

All in all the default sliders look great, but I super simmed the defense so Memphis invariably got a few 90 yard TD passes, and I think they got a 93 yard pass play with :02 left in the first half.

Memphis is rated a D+ on defense, so there may be some tweaking involved, but I cannot complain with the offense. The super fast pass rush from the cpu is slowed down, and you can actually get outside on tosses since the DE/OLB don't make up 9 yards in 1 second.

There still is the problem of 45 spd DT's running step for step with a 95 speed RB (Green in the case of PSU). We're not talking a short period of time, we're talking a good 15-20 yards.

# 22 SportGamer24 @ 07/22/09 07:54 AM
Time for the sliders board to blow up

# 23 marcoyk @ 07/22/09 08:02 AM
YES! Just downloaded the patch! YES!

# 24 greenhead @ 07/22/09 08:20 AM
Do we have any confirmation from EA that there will be a second patch to fix the myriad of other issues with this game? Or, will they promise us a patch (like the alt uniform patch a few years ago) and then just stop responding to posts...or tell us it is too late, and they need to start working on next year's game?

# 25 tigre373 @ 07/22/09 08:25 AM
I just downloaded the game to my hd (first time I've done that for any game), and I got the patch when I started the game up from the hd just now. Will the patch automatically be applied to the disc as well (in case I start the game from the disc)?

# 26 bonannogiovanni @ 07/22/09 08:27 AM
a 2nd patch has already been confirmed.

# 27 bonannogiovanni @ 07/22/09 08:28 AM
to tigre373: the patch works regardless of where the game is run from....

# 28 GP Mercy @ 07/22/09 08:30 AM
The pass rush is AWESOME now. I used the defensive playmaker on 3rd down to stop a play action, and it was a sack. Great stuff!

# 29 dvlosky @ 07/22/09 08:31 AM
Did this fix incoming recruits ratings? I just did 2nd year recruiting no 5 star came in over 84 (and he was the #1 overall prospect) i did get 3 *** prospects all which were they were 72-74-77 none came in even close to 80's. One 3 star was higher than a 4 star (same position) only b/c im guessing the 3 star was a JUCO player? (The 3 star was 77 the 4 star was 76)

Also did anyone else find it weird after you finish the season that when you enter off season recruiting they add some more prospects in? I had like 5 new 5* interested in me right when I got to off season...whats up with that?

# 30 greenegt @ 07/22/09 08:38 AM
Won't be able to play until tonight, but I've been waiting for this!

# 31 Silent Nature @ 07/22/09 08:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvlosky
Did this fix incoming recruits ratings? I just did 2nd year recruiting no 5 star came in over 84 (and he was the #1 overall prospect) i did get 3 *** prospects all which were they were 72-74-77 none came in even close to 80's. One 3 star was higher than a 4 star (same position) only b/c im guessing the 3 star was a JUCO player? (The 3 star was 77 the 4 star was 76)

Also did anyone else find it weird after you finish the season that when you enter off season recruiting they add some more prospects in? I had like 5 new 5* interested in me right when I got to off season...whats up with that?
I believe they might be "late recruits" that just came up to the recruiting scene for the offseason. They may have been staying out of the regular season recruiting. That happens often in real life.

# 32 bonannogiovanni @ 07/22/09 08:57 AM
Football4Natic, why don't you revert the sliders temporarily to default during kickoffs? I know it's a pain in the ***, but oh well...

# 33 Silent Nature @ 07/22/09 08:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Football4Natic
The issue is very bad right now. The cpu kick return is wayyyy to powerful... I think the sliders are great but the run blocking for the cpu which needs to be set high for them to run the ball well leads to a bunch of this

http://beta.easports.com/media/play/video/7698387

I gave up 4 kick return td's in which i was on the ground the whole time as were my teammates.

this is tied into the fact that i have cpu run blocking set that high but it needs to be in order for the cpu to run the ball well
Actually, I can fix it by toning down the CPU RB Ability and leave the blocking the way it is or tone it down.

# 34 Hoos @ 07/22/09 09:02 AM
Quote:
Why would they not work?
Well, I wouldn't be to surprised if they did'nt work the same in the 360 patch (glad that they actually do ) because of past issues with games where one version turned out better than another.....FACT!!

Like I said, way too many disappointments and broken promises over the years, so I've learned not to assume anything!!!! Water under the bridge I guess. In terms of slider effectiveness, hopefully this is a sign of good things to come in future game releases

# 35 Hoos @ 07/22/09 09:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonannogiovanni
Football4Natic, why don't you revert the sliders temporarily to default during kickoffs? I know it's a pain in the ***, but oh well...
Good idea!!! I'll probably do this for my games. Definitely inconvenient, but whatever keeps the game realistic

# 36 BigBodySS @ 07/22/09 09:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeGamer
Yep it's out, just checked.

One cool thing, you can go back in and use everything for an already made Online Dynasty.
What do you mean we can "go back in and use everything for an already made online dynasty"?

Are we able to update our TB teams in the middle of an OD now?

# 37 J-Unit40 @ 07/22/09 09:21 AM
Quote:
I have the rb ability at default...that is not the reason for my defenders getting killed on returns

it has to do with cpu run blocking...I cant lower that or leave it at default because then they cant run on me

Same for PS3 which was realized within an hour of the patch release.

If you raise Run Blocking the kick returns are too easy. Just don't touch them. Lower HUM Rush Defense to 15 or less and your Tackling to 45. I have kept CPU Run Ability at 50 and still see backs going for 100 yds plus on me.

The Run Blocking slider is way too overpowered for kick returns. You end up seeing 3-6 guys getting blasted into the turf if it's even at 55. Silliness.

# 38 90Bamagrad @ 07/22/09 09:28 AM
You can also super sim kickoffs. I did that alot last year and I have seen in the PS3 patch thread and sliders thread by Trinity(I think) he super sims the kickoffs and seeing no adverse effect. If it comes down to it I will raise the run blocking and sim the kicks if that what it takes to get a strong ground game from the cpu.

# 39 Dino @ 07/22/09 09:41 AM
Did the patch fix the NO online weather problem?

# 40 Illustrator76 @ 07/22/09 09:45 AM
I will say that I do like having Pass and Rush defense in separate sliders as opposed to having "awareness" control everything. I can now tweak those sliders to improve the ONE area where I think the CPU is deficient/overpowered without screwing up the other. I am still seeing some inconsistencies with the Pass Rush, as Florida State was all over my QB, yet I had days to throw against UCLA, I want to find a little bit better middle ground.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.