Home
Madden 2010 News Post

The Madden NFL 10 demo is now available, please post your impressions here.

Madden NFL 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Madden NFL 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 76 - View All
Madden NFL 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 unisol_us @ 07/23/09 06:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon_c993
You must really hate Peyton Manning and Ry Lewis then huh? They both make adjustments nearly every down they play...
Not what I am saying. Have you ever watched that stupid Madden Challenge show. Thats what I am saying.

Most QB's call out protection at the line or a quick audible to a run. No this stupid stuff where every WR gets a new route at the LOS.

I watch the Raven every year. What does Ray Lewis do that no other MLB does? I don't see him running to every player saying spread out, play press, safeties shade right. LOL

EDIT: Some adjustments are fine not this 10 sec every play stuff. Can't wait to hear from all the Online chessers when they have to play with acc clock this year. WOOT

# 62 Freshness10 @ 07/23/09 06:31 AM
Just downloaded the 1 minute, will post impressions shortly

# 63 Pappy Knuckles @ 07/23/09 06:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeGamer
No, got the Gamestop one first.

The other demo has snow and 2 different teams. I get it's 1 mins, but would like to see the snow or any other differences.
Ahhhhhhh. I would've liked to see that as well. Oh well, beggars can't be choosers I suppose lol.

# 64 bronco_fan15 @ 07/23/09 06:34 AM
u relaxx this is an excitn time for every madden head.. u guys should be more specific on wat u post.......... gettn everybody all worked up for XBOX wakk system

# 65 unisol_us @ 07/23/09 06:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayAP19
That's still way more than the CPU does in the demo.

Real QBs survey the defense first, even if they don't make changes. Madden 10 QB is constantly in two-minute drill mode
Yea can't really say cause I haven't played it yet, but I think you see what I am saying. Last year I thought after the patch was a little too much time.

# 66 Maximus205 @ 07/23/09 06:35 AM
Quote:
No, got the Gamestop one first.

The other demo has snow and 2 different teams. I get it's 1 mins, but would like to see the snow or any other differences.
Have you tried under another profile yet?

# 67 TJdaSportsGuy @ 07/23/09 06:36 AM
Quote:
You can't download both demos
Try it with your wife's gamertag.

# 68 Bgamer90 @ 07/23/09 06:37 AM
My Impressions:

*The Menu layout is very nice. So much better than the "football tron" mess.

*Cutscenes are great. They showed the fans getting food and also the Thunderbirds flying by.

*As soon as you play the game you'll IMMEDIATELY notice the slower speed. The game feels very different. It doesn't feel like the typical madden game that you're use to.

*Pockets are in and they are very well done. You actually have time in the pocket but the pressure is still there though. You would think since they made the pressure better that you wouldn't notice the pocket and the longer time that you have to toss the ball but you definitely do.

*Catching/Passing feels much more realistic. Catches aren't as automatic as they were in Madden 09. Also, when tossing deep the QB doesn't pass as if it's a normal short pass like in Madden 09... deep passes take longer since the QB is getting the power to toss the ball deep. Also, you will see players catch the ball over their shoulder too.

*Kicking is still pretty easy though the balls don't go straight into the endzone. There's much more variety to where they go. Kicking still needs to be worked on to not make it as easy as it is imo.

*Procedural awareness is great for the cutscenes. When a player is injured, you can see his face straining and you can tell that he's in pain as the trainers come by to look. You also see procedural awareness when the players are on the sidelines too.

*Fight for fumble is good but not as good as I thought it would be. It doesn't really feel like a fight... it feels more like a button mashing game (if that makes sense). But like I said, it's still a good feature.

*CPU AI has been improved. They are smart when it comes to clock management (they don't do stupid stuff like they do in Madden 09). If it's the second quarter and there's a few seconds left while being a pretty goodd distance away from the endzone (making it almost impossible to get a TD due to the time that's left), the cpu player will do it's best to try and get as many yards as he can in a running play and then go out of bounds so that the kicker can kick a FG. Also, the CPU throws deep, which is something that they rarely did in Madden 09.

*The sound has definitely been improved. I have 5.1 dolby digital sound and when playing madden 09 it just felt as if the sound was coming through the 5 speakers... no sounds coming from different angles. But this isn't true with Madden 10. You will hear the fans scream from the L/R rears or the fronts, but not all at the same time. Also there's just more chatter overall. The players talk more and the crowd is louder.

*Pursuit angles have been improved though the running game is still easier than it was in Madden 09. You can actually see holes and can run through them. The running game has definitely been improved.

*The only major issue I noticed so far was the players sometimes moving all "herky jerky" when coming out of the huddle or the players just standing looking out into the crowd not moving at all after a quarter is finished but I'm pretty sure that they fixed this problem for the final build.

In conclusion, I highly doubt the game will blow you away the first time you play it since there's so much stuff to get use to that's different from 09. But the more you play it, the more you notice the changes and the more you welcome them. In previous years of madden, the improvements made the game feel more like a football video game instead of a replication of football but this isn't true this time. You can definitely see and feel that the game is more realistic than Madden 09. Ian and the rest of the new dev team is taking the game in the right direction.

I'll post more impressions after I play some more games.

# 69 dude88 @ 07/23/09 06:37 AM
it was like this in 09 but the cpu always calls a timout with 10 seconds left leaving me with 5 sec left after the field goal to do something in real life they would wait for 5 sec so it wouldnt leave me any time left afte the 5-sec run off

# 70 da bucs gm @ 07/23/09 06:38 AM
lmao they ice the kicker................................ and it worked

# 71 ExtremeGamer @ 07/23/09 06:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJdaSportsGuy
Try it with your wife's gamertag.
Silver

# 72 realultimatepower @ 07/23/09 06:40 AM
Those of you waiting to decide between NCAA and Madden, here's your answer.

Most "interesting" game of Madden in a long time, aside from the Gamestop demo being as barebones as possible! However, the crowds sound very good.

My gripes are rather minor, but I feel they should be mentioned. The overlays, mainly the style of them, is extremely clunky looking. I think more streamlined overlays for score, playcalling, the little blurbs about the players, would look a lot better than that boxy stuff. Its still very cool, but it does look clunky IMO.

My other gripe is field goals. So much of the game plays well, from Pro-Tak, to the new animations and most notably, the awesome tweaks to the running game, but field goals just look bad and feel bad. I think you have to see it for yourself, but it seemed to take away from the immersion watching the ball the way its tracked by the camera.

All in all, I am impressed right off the bat w/ Madden, exceedingly more than NCAA (which I look forward to more, in fairness), but new overlays next time. The boxy crap has got to go.

# 73 da bucs gm @ 07/23/09 06:46 AM
very fumble is not "fight for the fumble"

# 74 Bat @ 07/23/09 06:46 AM
Def some robo qb.

# 75 milehighmagic303 @ 07/23/09 06:49 AM
Just got my first rushing touchdown with Parker out of the Wildcat
This might be hard to stop,Big Ben threw the block to get me into the endzone

# 76 Bat @ 07/23/09 06:50 AM
Worst part of the demo... Having to see the Steelers. I despise them.

# 77 Freshness10 @ 07/23/09 06:51 AM
Pregame is awesome, saw eli slip on a dropback, got in a fight for the fumble on a muffed punt and won(awesome). Saw the chain gang come out to measure. Went to OT tied 7-7. picked off the pass as time expired in OT for the tie. Everything is great. hard to get in a groove with 1 min quarters

# 78 TJdaSportsGuy @ 07/23/09 06:54 AM
Quote:
Silver
3-day code in any of your game sleeves? I think UFC came with one, didn't it? Or maybe Fight Night?

# 79 Gsuslacrosse @ 07/23/09 06:56 AM
I am totally and completely unimpressed. All I have to say is I gave the Giants the ball on their own one yard line, and Eli managed to step-back out of the endzone with no pressure on him....Really EA? You can't make the QB's smart enough to shorten their step-back enough so they aren't running out of the endzone? Are you joking me?

# 80 BSanders @ 07/23/09 06:57 AM
I'm more of a NCAA guy but I have to say I'm impressed with this version of Madden over 09 and NCAA 10. The two things that I would like to see would be a replay because I haven't seen one yet and in spectator mode some presentation. It might be off because of the 15 second speedup so that could be the reason but in all the gameplay is good and I feel like I'm playing something new.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.