Home
Madden 2010 News Post

The Madden NFL 10 demo is now available, please post your impressions here.

Madden NFL 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Madden NFL 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 76 - View All
Madden NFL 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 1581 roadman @ 07/25/09 05:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DereckM
I have seen about a 70/30 in favor of the demo being good. This is the problem that I was talking about in other threads. Its ok for people to post 4 times about how good the game is playing and whatnot. But as soon as a guy says they dont like the game. It turns into the whole basher, naysayer, ***** thing. Im just saying let people say how they feel and leave it at that. Why does it always have to turn into a basher or fanboy thing?
As I stated earlier, the same people seem to be complaining and bringing up the same issues and the same videos.

I wish they would leave it as that. Drop their opinion and exit stage left.

Same with the people that praise the game.

# 1582 alliance4g63 @ 07/25/09 05:06 PM
I'm still reading through the impressions so excuse me if I repeat what most are saying.

My impressions so far:
It's the best and most fun Madden game on next-gen thus far. It really is a big difference from 09 and I see the potential. Ian and Co. should be commended for their efforts, and at the moment I would recommend a purchase.

With that said, I'm still a little on the fence for my personal purchase. I mean the game is pretty hype but the more I play, the more I start finding out the reasons I'm sacked or the reason I can't run to the outside. The game still has almost game killing glitches in the gameplay department.

I can sit and have fun with the game but I also did with last years. But after a few weeks the fun wears off. I can't help but get that same feeling here.

+Presentation
+Tackle detection. I have seen a lot of hits where the ball carrier will get hit and while he is being hit I will come in with the safety and take out his legs. It looks amazing everytime I see it.
+Crowd volume and atmosphere. Very glad they paid attention to our requests. Madden has the same intesity as NBA2k9 and that says alot.

-Speed. I just don't feel the speed difference in someone like Willie Parker. They all seem to run the same speed.
-Personality. It's hard to tell the difference between most on the field.
-Running animation is just bad. I'm sorry but I laugh everytime I see the ball carrier in the open field. It just look ridiculous.
-Too many gameplay glitches.

# 1583 jlukes @ 07/25/09 05:11 PM
Mods here really dropped the ball here. Far too much discussion to contain in one thread. Impossible to find anything of value and actually have...ya know... a discussion. No way to find if anyone has asked your question even using the search function. Impossible to see if a questions has already been answered because there are about 200 different "discussions" going on in this thread alone

Should have had several "stickied" threads. One for gameplay discussion, one for presentation discussion, and one for miscellaneous discussion.

# 1584 DGuinta1 @ 07/25/09 05:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAKE4742
But also while playing 2K8, I notice that run animation is worse than what's in Madden 10. I prefer Maddens run animation over 2K's. Yes, both are far from real football, though.
Be kool to see a vid. comparing the two out of curiosity.

# 1585 bo4345 @ 07/25/09 05:28 PM
I downloaded the short demo a couple days ago, and I just pre-orded madden from my local gamestop and they gave me the code. But I can't but the damn thing cause it says I already purchased the demo, I tried on xbox.com and on my xbox.

Anybody know a way I could download the full demo? I think im kind of screwed here
---
Nevermind I figured it out..

# 1586 CoHouse2814 @ 07/25/09 05:35 PM

# 1587 DGuinta1 @ 07/25/09 05:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoHouse2814
Kool, thanks for the heads up.

# 1588 hlhbk @ 07/25/09 05:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cplus1
PLAYED DEMI 18 TIMES TO C IF THOSE BUGS HAPPEN ALOT OR ON OCCASIONALLY IT HAPPEN TO B THE HAPPEN ALOT
Mods can we please ban this guy? I know there is an ignore button, but he brings nothing to this thread, and is just baiting people.

# 1589 DGuinta1 @ 07/25/09 05:41 PM
I will be buying Madden10 since I am having fun with the demo but dang APF looks damn hot in the comparison. Big difference between the two. Just my .02.

# 1590 CoHouse2814 @ 07/25/09 05:49 PM
Quote:
Yeah, it seems that Madden exaggerates the chest movement, while 2K8 exaggerates the hips and legs. I feel with Madden 10 played on Normal, or Fast speed setting, it will look the more accurate of the two.
well thats where the run animations should start right. from the hips and legs, you should be able to feel a difference between a fast RB and slow TE.

# 1591 unisol_us @ 07/25/09 05:59 PM
Quote:
This. And don't forget about the chaingang. Straight overkill, man.
I like those cut scenes. Whats the hurry. When the retail version ships there will be practice mode.

Just wish the over the shoulder catch would be changed. Totally unrealistic.

# 1592 roadman @ 07/25/09 06:04 PM
Quote:
Sounds like you don't want to hear anyone's opinion except your own.
Nah, I haven't even stated my impressions, yet.

I do like your suggestion for hearing some player chatter, though.

# 1593 schuffler @ 07/25/09 06:09 PM
i'm on ps3 can i get the demo in ireland

# 1594 unisol_us @ 07/25/09 06:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by schuffler
i'm on ps3 can i get the demo in ireland
Don't think so. The 1 min Demo comes out next week for PS3

# 1595 DGuinta1 @ 07/25/09 06:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Nah, I haven't even stated my impressions, yet.

I do like your suggestion for hearing some player chatter, though.
Yea hope we hear some trash talking too.

# 1596 unisol_us @ 07/25/09 06:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGuinta1
Yea hope we hear some trash talking too.
That would be the end of the "E" rating.

# 1597 blklightning @ 07/25/09 06:15 PM
it would be nice if one of the devs could shed some light on certain things that were tuned from demo to release version. and also a bit about what is tuned in the patch.

# 1598 DGuinta1 @ 07/25/09 06:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by unisol_us
That would be the end of the "E" rating.
I thought they had some trash talking in 2K5? Maybe I am delusional.

# 1599 boooey @ 07/25/09 06:18 PM
Ok, so I have played both demos on the 360 (still waiting to play them on my ps3 and compare the 2 systems)

My thoughts are this..

If I was to decide to buy the game based on the 1min demo, I would not be buying Madden.

After playing the 5 min demo, I liked the game much better, and now actually considering a purchase, but definitely not brand new..I will wait for a used copy.

And I am also waiting to see if Ian can get the camera cut away nonsense fixed before i decide.

Bottom line is that I think EA is hurting themselves with that 1min demo, everything is way too rushed to enjoy.

# 1600 CoHouse2814 @ 07/25/09 06:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blklightning
it would be nice if one of the devs could shed some light on certain things that were tuned from demo to release version. and also a bit about what is tuned in the patch.
i hope so. i would if i was a lead dev working on madden cause we as consumers need every assurance we can get. we been plagued of weakness for 4 years so i hope IAN make his own thread actually on the difference in final build and the demos and a glimpse on the future patches.

maybe we asking too early

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.