Home
NHL 2K10 News Post

NHL 2K10 redefines the sports gaming experience with a new emphasis on social gaming. Whether you're a die-hard NHL fan or a casual player, NHL 2K10's pick-up-and-play controls, true-to-life authenticity and variety of on- and off-line multiplayer modes promise hours of entertainment for any gamer. Among the new features that will make this the must-have hockey game of the season include:

New Gameplay Mechanics - Completely rewritten AI, enhanced defensive controls and stick lifts, stumble shots, a new defensive skating model and new incidental contact and small animation systems

Enhanced Presentation - All-new rink intros for each arena, improved goal celebrations, enhanced visuals, and greatly improved, true-to-life character models, with San Jose Sharks commentators Randy Hahn and Drew Remenda returning with new broadcast commentary

Improved Franchise Mode - NHL 2K10 features a new contract/free agency system, improved roster management, an updated financial model, dynamic player progression, and fantasy drafts

New Franchise Co-op Play - Play a franchise season game with or against a friend on- or offline, or play a traditional game against the CPU

Franchise Blog / 2KSports.com Integration - Publish your franchise stats and standings, and upload game highlights and screenshots to your personal page at 2KSports.com

Enhanced Online Modes - New seamless online integration connects players in Team Up games, tracks your progress with My Player Card, and offers full league, leaderboard, tournament and 2K Share support

Create Team Mode - Create a persistent team with friends by designing your uniforms, developing a unique team identity, and then competing against other created teams online, offline and in Franchise mode

Wii SPECIFIC FEATURES:

New Control Scheme - Choose between fun, easy-to-use Wii Remote and Nunchuk controls and Sideways Wii Remote support, or plug in a Wii Classic Controller for three ways to play

Full Online Modes - For the first time, enjoy full online support for Wii, including multiplayer and multi-console match-ups, downloadable rosters, online leagues, tournaments, leaderboards and Team Up mode featuring persistant created teams and regular Pick-Up Games

WiiMotion Plus and WiiSpeak Support - Enjoy online voice chat capabilities via WiiSpeak and precise one-to-one control with WiiMotion Plus

NHL 2K10 launches on September 15th for Wii(TM) system, Xbox 360(TM) video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system, and PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system.

For more details visit http://www.2ksports.com/games/nhl2k10.

NHL 2K10 screenshot gallery - Click to view NHL 2K10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NHL 2K10Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 23 - View All
NHL 2K10 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 Eddie1967 @ 07/28/09 11:48 PM
NHL 2K9 was the greatest simulation of the sport of hockey that I have played. VC did a wonderful job with just half a development cycle. With the new A.I. and the brilliant move to make it a more fun game I'm extremely excited about this game.

# 82 Eddie1967 @ 07/28/09 11:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottdau
Well I respect your opinion, but that is all it is an opinion. Sure it has it issues, but it is still a solid game and if they fixed what they said they fixed then this will be a sleeper game. I have a feeling this game is going to rock!
I agree with you Scott. It was more than solid for myself and I can see the series only getting better. With VC in control the NHL series is in good hands.

# 83 MizzouRah @ 07/29/09 12:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie1967
NHL 2K9 was the greatest simulation of the sport of hockey that I have played. VC did a wonderful job with just half a development cycle. With the new A.I. and the brilliant move to make it a more fun game I'm extremely excited about this game.
Eddie, I admire your commitment to 2k hockey, but 2k9 the greatest simulation of hockey? I'm not so sure there are many who are willing to join you in that statement.

I'm hopeful 2k10 makes some big strides this year, but I'll have to see it to believe it.

# 84 savoie2006 @ 07/29/09 01:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealmK
Based on 2k9 do you blame them? Savoie, you honestly think it was a good decision on their part to continue with 2k9 to build on a crumbling last gen foundation with old code from previous years (I swear 2k9's goalie models are from 2k3) and consider that some "new" foundation? Its more like a frankenstein new build if you can even call it that.

I mean hell, theres no doubt 2k10 will be an improvement over 2k9 (anything is an improvement over 2k9), the better looking skater models alone will do wonders, as should arena specific entrances and hopefully the improved AI. But moving forward I almost wish they had taken a year off from both MLB and NHL to actually in reality completely build from the ground up, core engine code and all. Its really most likely the only way legacy issues like the franchise freeze will go away for good.
Who's to say really? I mean heck, maybe they did take from previous builds. Who's to say what didn't work for Kush won't work for VC though? The thing is, alot of people aren't just being skeptical, which is something I can understand, but dismissive. Hey, I won't be completely sold myself until I actually play both games. That doesn't mean I'm not gonna be optimistic. All I'm saying is don't write off the series because of recent struggles. I mean, do you think anyone 10 years ago would have believed EA would be the hockey game of choice right now. If anyone can pull the 2K hockey series out of the dumps, I believe it's VC.

# 85 onlybygrace @ 07/29/09 01:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by savoie2006
Who's to say really? I mean heck, maybe they did take from previous builds. Who's to say what didn't work for Kush won't work for VC though? The thing is, alot of people aren't just being skeptical, which is something I can understand, but dismissive. Hey, I won't be completely sold myself until I actually play both games. That doesn't mean I'm not gonna be optimistic. All I'm saying is don't write off the series because of recent struggles. I mean, do you think anyone 10 years ago would have believed EA would be the hockey game of choice right now. If anyone can pull the 2K hockey series out of the dumps, I believe it's VC.
i'm hoping right along with ya.

# 86 Eddie1967 @ 07/29/09 06:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by savoie2006
I'm with you. VC is the right one to lead this series back to the top. I not a big fan of EA hockey but even I don't think it's garbage like some think the 2k series is.

# 87 Eddie1967 @ 07/29/09 06:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottdau
With this game the teams played like their real counterparts. I also found out changing the playing styles of teams helped out a lot. I had it set to pretty much like they play in real life and believe it or not they actually did play like the real teams. I set the dumping to 95 and teams were dumping the puck more too. So I have hope and faith in this game!
That's what I mean when I say sim. It's simulates things in the sport of hockey. LIke the teams playing like they should.

# 88 Eddie1967 @ 07/29/09 06:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
Eddie, I admire your commitment to 2k hockey, but 2k9 the greatest simulation of hockey? I'm not so sure there are many who are willing to join you in that statement.

I'm hopeful 2k10 makes some big strides this year, but I'll have to see it to believe it.
I don't mean that it's perfect just that it simulates things I would see in a real game very well. I think people confuse that with something more.

# 89 Flyermania @ 07/29/09 07:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealmK
And like I and others have said, if you consider 2k9 sim with the minimal slider tweaks you've said to have made, than you don't know much about sim hockey and perfer an arcade style. Which is fine to each their own just don't critisize other people for expecting more of a realistic slant.
100% agree. Both games are soooooooooooo arcade out-of-the-box without any slider adjustments...but if that's the way people like it, that's cool. But it is NOT sim or anywhere near it.

# 90 Money99 @ 07/29/09 08:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcxiv
Yet 2K does the same thing with NBA and it outsells EA's game. It comes down to making a good game. You have to win back your fans by making the game better. Once that is better, then it will have a domino effect.

Bioshock was little known game, it got tones of word of mouth hype and turned into a great seller for 2K. Hell, even won a bunch of game of the year awards.

In the end its can you make a good game. We willl see, this is VC's 2nd year on it.
There have been more updates and info leaked about NBA2K10 at this point than NHL2K10. And the NBA season starts a month later.
Also, the NBA series has widely been known to be the better series over the past 5+ years. NHL2K10 can't make the same claim.
Since jumping to next-gen consoles EA has destroyed 2K in hockey sales.

I really don't understand 2K's marketing approach. They need to carpet bomb the masses with updates, not hide in the weeds and pop out at the last second.

When their football game was going up against the Madden juggernaut, they didn't lay-low until August 20th before giving any details out. They went nose-to-nose with EA.

I'll be very, very upset if 2K10 ends up being a great hockey game but the series gets canceled due to bad sales which stems from poor marketing.

There is absolutely no reason why 2K couldn't have at least ONE freakin' gameplay video out by now.
What ever happened to Topshelf Tuesday's?

# 91 MizzouRah @ 07/29/09 12:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie1967
I don't mean that it's perfect just that it simulates things I would see in a real game very well. I think people confuse that with something more.
I would agree with that to a point. EA NHL HAD to get board play, which is something I loved in 2k's game, along with goalie animations and faceoffs (as well as fighting). Looks like EA is doing that, now I hope to see 2k really take out the jerkyness in their player movements.

I would like nothing more than to buy two hockey games again this year!

# 92 Money99 @ 07/29/09 01:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
I would agree with that to a point. EA NHL HAD to get board play, which is something I loved in 2k's game, along with goalie animations and faceoffs (as well as fighting). Looks like EA is doing that, now I hope to see 2k really take out the jerkyness in their player movements.

I would like nothing more than to buy two hockey games again this year!
I'm also hoping that 2K incorporated some loose puck physics like EA has.
The stickhandling still looks odd in 2K9, like the puck is attached to the blade no matter what the skater is doing.

# 93 texbuk84 @ 07/30/09 02:33 PM
omg. can't wait for this to drop

# 94 CallCenterZombie @ 07/30/09 02:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
What ever happened to Topshelf Tuesday's?
I remember those days! I would look forward to every Tuesday. They need to incorporate something similar for 2K10!

# 95 MizzouRah @ 07/30/09 06:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
I'm also hoping that 2K incorporated some loose puck physics like EA has.
The stickhandling still looks odd in 2K9, like the puck is attached to the blade no matter what the skater is doing.
Yes it does.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.