Home
NBA Live 10 News Post

EA Sports have posted another NBA Live 10 blog.

Quote:
"With the game's first look trailer dropping this week, NBA LIVE 10 Visual Games Designer Ryan Santos gives us a closer look at how the game has become more culturally relevant from visuals such as tattoos and authentic gear that players will be wearing, to the soundtrack that you can expect to hear in this year's game.

Swagga Like Us was the infamous hook made popular by T.I., Kanye West, Lil Wayne and Jay-Z. It kinda sums up how I feel about NBA LIVE 10. I’m proud to say NBA LIVE is back in a big way.

For me, coming back to LIVE has been a great experience. As an artist, I was part of the LIVE team for years. At the start of development for NBA LIVE 2005, I moved off the team to work on our NBA Street titles. Now 5 years later, I’ve been lucky enough to take on a role as a game designer on the game that started it all for me."

NBA Live 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA Live 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NBA Live 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PSP / Xbox 360Votes for game: 48 - View All
NBA Live 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 aholbert32 @ 07/26/09 10:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMagic
Is it really? Lol

C'mon now. I think we've read much worse.
Thats why I said "one of" to "the silliest".

# 122 ai2k2 @ 07/26/09 11:13 AM
I highly doubt its one of the silliest. Take into account what I said. I actually used a very common saying. "A picture says a thousand words"... the biggest thing that picture did for me was say "Hey we have the same graphics engine, no major overhaul here" as opposed to Live 10 scrapping and rebuidling. The feeling it gives off is called "Refreshing"... I post a lot of silly ish because I post based on current feelings sometimes. Right or wrong, just my opinion on things. But this one is more factual, the proof is in the puddling bro... another common saying.

# 123 aholbert32 @ 07/26/09 11:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ai2k2
I highly doubt its one of the silliest. Take into account what I said. I actually used a very common saying. "A picture says a thousand words"... the biggest thing that picture did for me was say "Hey we have the same graphics engine, no major overhaul here" as opposed to Live 10 scrapping and rebuidling. The feeling it gives off is called "Refreshing"... I post a lot of silly ish because I post based on current feelings sometimes. Right or wrong, just my opinion on things. But this one is more factual, the proof is in the puddling bro... another common saying.
I'm not trying to make this a 2k v. Live thread but I'm not seeing what you are seeing. I do see improved graphics but its clear to me that these are just improvements of the same Live graphics engine. The crowd looks a lot better but I'm not seeing a huge jump in graphics that you guys are seeing.

This is just another case of the famous "underdog" syndrome that is prevelant here at OS. You see it all the time in the other forums. People get tired of the most popular game in each sport (Madden, NBA2k,) and start to overhype the game the current 2nd place game (Backbreaker, Live). Next year you will see loads of people bashing the Show and proclaiming MLB2k10 to be "the truth" just because they are bored with the Show. Same thing is happening with 2k.

I think I've been on these forums too long because I dont get excited about new shoes, new jerseys and tattoos. They are nice touches but they dont keep me playing a game. I wont be playing this game in the Spring just because Live has the "El Heat" jerseys. What keeps me playing a game is if you have realistic sub patterns (which Live didnt have), intelligent CPU franchise AI (which Live didnt have) and good gameplay without having to make tons of tweaks (which neither game had last year). So all this BS about shoes and pregame intros doesnt mean **** to me.

And yes that was one of the silliest things Ive read here. No dumbest but silliest. You even admitted that it was silly.

# 124 SageInfinite @ 07/26/09 11:33 AM
Lighten up Aholbert!!!!!What's wrong with you???? j/p

# 125 aholbert32 @ 07/26/09 11:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
Lighten up Aholbert!!!!!What's wrong with you???? j/p
LOL. Sorry Sage.

How about this? OH ****!!!!! THEY HAVE THE JORDAN 12 IN THE GAME AND THE LOS SPURS JERSEY! IM GOING TO GAMESTOP RIGHT NOW TO PREORDER. F 2K10.

Is that better? J/K

# 126 ai2k2 @ 07/26/09 11:37 AM
Fair assessment. I guess indirectly I admitted it was saying I post things based on feelings. Good job reading the underlined. I have this weird feeling the gameplay will blow us away (I wonder why???). I'm not counting out 2k, they need this pressure. But as of right now, I don't see them reigning supreme. That's not because I'm tired of them or want an underdog to lose. But more so, the "underdog" is putting there best foot forward and the results show. Time for the reward come Oct. 6th... I hope 2k10 is Jaw Dropping. Their tech just doesn't compete with EA's though. Time will tell, no one knows. So I'm just going to leave this right here. Good debate though bro.

# 127 ai2k2 @ 07/26/09 11:39 AM
No need for cheerleading Sageinfinte. If I was immature, that post alone would have added flame to fire. You should try to refrain... Just my opinion.

# 128 ai2k2 @ 07/26/09 11:40 AM
Smh at both of you actually.

# 129 aholbert32 @ 07/26/09 11:50 AM
Quote:
Fair assessment. I guess indirectly I admitted it was saying I post things based on feelings. Good job reading the underlined. I have this weird feeling the gameplay will blow us away (I wonder why???). I'm not counting out 2k, they need this pressure. But as of right now, I don't see them reigning supreme. That's not because I'm tired of them or want an underdog to lose. But more so, the "underdog" is putting there best foot forward and the results show. Time for the reward come Oct. 6th... I hope 2k10 is Jaw Dropping. Their tech just doesn't compete with EA's though. Time will tell, no one knows. So I'm just going to leave this right here. Good debate though bro.
I like Mike Wang. I think the job he did on 2k and Inside Drive was incredible but he isnt Jesus. Even with 2k it took him and the team a few years before the game was a complete experience so I'm not expecting Live to make that big of a leap in one year.

Regarding their best foot forward...what have we actually seen? Ive seen new pregame intros (look great) and a trailer that looked alot like Live09 with the exception of better looking crowd and atmosphere. We've seen a few blogs talking about shoes, jerseys and player intros. Now I'm realistic and know that we wont get a ton of info until September but what they have shown us so far doesnt warrant all the praise its receiving so far imo.

# 130 SageInfinite @ 07/26/09 11:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
LOL. Sorry Sage.

How about this? OH ****!!!!! THEY HAVE THE JORDAN 12 IN THE GAME AND THE LOS SPURS JERSEY! IM GOING TO GAMESTOP RIGHT NOW TO PREORDER. F 2K10.

Is that better? J/K

# 131 SageInfinite @ 07/26/09 11:53 AM
Quote:
No need for cheerleading Sageinfinte. If I was immature, that post alone would have added flame to fire. You should try to refrain... Just my opinion.
My post had nothing to do with you.

# 132 ai2k2 @ 07/26/09 11:53 AM
Wasn't on 2k6... did 2k7 as I could remember. Prolly was around for 2k6 but wasn't a main wig.... similar to 09... doing Live 10... I mean to each his own. If it makes you happy, you win!!!! Lol... I'm done

# 133 aholbert32 @ 07/26/09 11:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayAP19
Ive seen new pregame intros (look great) and a trailer that looked alot like Live09 with the exception of better looking crowd and atmosphere.

And better animations
Dont we see that every year with every sports games? Live 09 had better animations than 08. 10 will have more than 09. I certainly didnt see enough in that trailer to think it was a huge jump. It may be one but the trailer didnt show that.

# 134 aholbert32 @ 07/26/09 12:01 PM
Quote:
Wasn't on 2k6... did 2k7 as I could remember. Prolly was around for 2k6 but wasn't a main wig.... similar to 09... doing Live 10... I mean to each his own. If it makes you happy, you win!!!! Lol... I'm done
He was on 2k6, I think. The last Inside Drive he did was 2004 which came out in 2003. I dont remember Mike being unemployed for 3 yrs. I could be wrong though

# 135 navyboy09 @ 07/26/09 12:03 PM
that pic of melo is nice.best looking pic so far...and i see my boi wade with his new jordan's on.(thank god he's away from converse)

# 136 marcoyk @ 07/26/09 12:20 PM
Those pictures look so nice. But I'm not a big fan of the soundtrack. I was hoping for more of the bigger names like they did in the past. They had the likes of Snoop Dogg, Outkast, The Game, etc. in NBA 2003-2005. But this soundtrack is definitely better than the last two years.

# 137 Meechie1013 @ 07/26/09 12:30 PM

Dont know if you guys noticed, but my bro was looking at this pic very closely and brought to my attention that the Mascot "Rocky" IS RIGHT THERE!!!!! NO LONGER WILL THEY STAND IN 1 SPOT!!! LOL. HE'S TOUCHING THAT GUY WITH THE BLUE SHIRT. srry for the caps.

# 138 Meechie1013 @ 07/26/09 12:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronimous
@meechie

Tell ur brother Good Eyes!
Whew! finally Im switching to Live this year!
LMAO. He said rhanks. I was pumped when i seen that. It's making me think that the cheerleaders will no longer sit their either lol. I can't wait.

# 139 asu666 @ 07/26/09 12:48 PM
LIVE is looking good. I really enjoy playing NCAA Basketball 09 for 360 and it looks like LIVE is set to make the jump to that level too.

# 140 Dantecamp21 @ 07/26/09 01:01 PM
Guys that come to this post are excited about the game and rightfully so. The producers are saying that things are being taken care of.

At this moment, they are talking about jerseys, kicks and stuff. It's fitting that we get hyped up about it. There's nothing wrong with it.

When they start talking about gameplay, than we can focus on that.

Some gamers are funny. People are saying that we should't be hyped about these little things, calling this post "silly". But here's the thing: if a game doesn't sport authentic shoes, throwbacks, etc, then people start to whine about it.

Funny isn't it?

Keep up the great work guys! I'll keep myself hyped up about shoes all day long.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.