Home
NBA 2K10 News Post

Yahoo! Finance has the scoop. Feature list included.

Quote:
"2K Sports today announced NBA® 2K10: Draft Combine, a download-only title that will provide pre-season fun for basketball fans leading up to the fall launch of NBA 2K10. Planned for release this September on Xbox LIVE® Arcade for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and PlayStation®Network for PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system,, NBA 2K10: Draft Combine will allow fans to create their own custom player with the utmost detail and, for the first time in the NBA 2K series, begin their career by experiencing the on-court life of an NBA hopeful going through the NBA Draft Combine at the world-renowned, ATTACK Athletics gym in Chicago.

“We’re giving our dedicated NBA 2K fans an incredible opportunity with NBA 2K10: Draft Combine,” said Greg Thomas, senior vice president of sports development for 2K. “Gamers will have exclusive access to online content and get to test drive NBA 2K10’s new gameplay features, advanced player progression system and the all-new My Player career mode before the game launches this fall.”"

Game: NBA 2K10Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 74 - View All
NBA 2K10 Videos
Member Comments
# 221 BOSsTOwN @ 07/30/09 11:12 PM
Not interested.

All those sig options are great tho.

# 222 Goffs @ 07/30/09 11:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
Nothing that you said screams "game developer".
lol yep its that time of year where they just come out of the woodwork

i know this more than you do!! nyaa nyaa

baaaww same engine baaawww

# 223 ai2k2 @ 07/30/09 11:36 PM
I agree with authentic24... these boys are being bamboozled and I can't help but laugh. Live struggled for a reason. The engine was brand new... once they get a hang of it, its over. 2k back to the barn burner. Not that they were outselling Live by much anyway. 2k9 was the "it" game and did 2 million units, Live was "trash" game and pushed 1.7 million... now everyone sit back and ponder... I refuse to be bamboozled, say what you want. NBA 2k10 Draft Combine told me all I need to know about 2k10 the full game. Ill Holla!!! Lol

# 224 dlane0087 @ 07/30/09 11:48 PM
What it all boils all down for me is that I got to have fun with the game. I had fun with 2k9 me and my friends would spend hours doing fantasy drafts, simming games, and then playing each other when we got to the playoffs. Even when I was playing my own personal franchise it was a blast taking Thunder and building them into a dynasty. I didn't get the experience from Live, franchise mode was tedious things like when a star gets injured and teams would not put them back in the line-up that pissed me off. I enjoy games like Fallout 3, Oblivion among others because they are cool games they look good and keep me entertained, and isn't that the point of video games? You guys get all down on a game when freaking Ben Wallace's afro isn't nappy enough. Fact of the matter is that you have seen one thing which is DLC content have drawn your conclusions from how 2k10 will look and play from these screenshots, and I don't understand that at all.

# 225 P21J @ 07/30/09 11:53 PM
I'm not downing what has been said by the above posters, but isn't this a 2k forum?
I'm just as hyped for Live 10 as the next guy but why are you guys talking about how horrible this game will be? I don't think any of us have neither this game nor Live so why are we bashing? Reserve judgement until the game drops. That's my policy.

# 226 tcnumba10 @ 07/30/09 11:54 PM
Yes we get it michaeljordanjr, you are not a NBA 2K fan. So will you please stop posting here if you are just going to bash NBA 2K and stick to the Live Forums please.

We don't care what LIVE fans think about 2K, that is why there are separate forums. You don't see me lurking in the LIVE forums boasting how great 2K is, do you?

We heard your opinion about 2K and frankly it's getting old fast and most importantly we don't care!

# 227 infam0us @ 07/30/09 11:54 PM
This is ridiculous, I don't get how some people can just make up there mind on a game based on screenshots. Not to mention that none of us know anything about the other game.

# 228 P21J @ 07/31/09 12:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeljordanjr
This is a thread about Draft Combine, we're all expressing our distaste for paying $5 and citing reasons. That's the point of OS sports and forums...

Some people don't mind paying $5 that's fine, but this is our opinions on the matter.
Well, each are entitled to their opinions. I truly do hope that this new feature isn't a gimmick but we'll have to wait and see.

# 229 dlane0087 @ 07/31/09 12:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeljordanjr
This is a thread about Draft Combine, we're all expressing our distaste for paying $5 and citing reasons. That's the point of OS sports and forums...

Some people don't mind paying $5 that's fine, but this is our opinions on the matter.
But you have jumped to the conclusion that this DLC is representation of the final product, which after reading the article didn't mention that it was either. I'm not trying to start trouble, I just want to understand how you can draw so many opinions from 20 screenshots.

# 230 KaptnKirk12 @ 07/31/09 12:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by greekmen
The Career Mode could be like this:

You get drafted after the announced workout sessions and ratings. Afterwards you sign the contract and get your role. You have to participate in the summer league and the training camp afterwards. You can gain rating points in every-day-practice. Like running suicides to gain stamina and quickness, or run the plays to get court-awareness and intelligence.

By performing good in practice the coach will give you more playing time, if you don't do well in practice you will get less.

When the game starts you could either interact on the bench for your teammates or it should simulate till you get the chance to perform on-court. And how you will act on the court will either improve your playing time or shrink it.

Performing good things like rebound, assist, score, ... should give you points which will lead to an upgrade of your ratings in those categories.

What do you think about it. That is just some ideas I came up with in the last minutes.
Definitely not new ideas. Look at the wishlist, I remember posting a pretty long post on the ideas I had for a "Superstar Mode" and also emailed 2k with an even more detailed version. Finally coming true.

# 231 dlane0087 @ 07/31/09 12:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by authentic24
i just don't like the fact that they are charging extra for this, while the game is already overpriced. i never said 2k wasn't good , just overpriced.
They like EA are in it to make money and $60 is the amount that a game can go for. The days of a game going for $20 are gone. If you want to buy it cheaper buy it used or wait for the price drop if you feel like the price is not worth it.

# 232 ai2k2 @ 07/31/09 12:12 AM
Just to speak my peace. Last comment. That's what being enlightened is all about authentic24. Idk at what level you are with it, but me personally. I'm disgusted with 2k's efforts. They could have took us to the moon by now but they are being complacent which will get them whatever is coming to them. I predict the backburner, once the rest realize what could have been. Some people lack vision so they too are complacent and happy. 2k9 was a wonderful game, cool. But for Ps3 and Xbox 360 so much more could be done, and until that special company shows the masses only the ones who have foresight are going to be bitter about what most think is perfect. In other words if you think the lack of online stabilty and features was the only thing wrong with 2k9 compared to 2k8 and the giant known as 2k7. Then I rather not even speak, only wasting letters on here.

# 233 eDotd @ 07/31/09 12:15 AM
There's some seriously flawed logic in a lot of the posts in this thread, but for the sake on staying on topic, let's leave it at that.

Quote:
Certain things you just shouldn't have to pay for this should be incentive to pre order.
So don't. People, you are not forced to buy this. It really is that simple.

# 234 dlane0087 @ 07/31/09 12:17 AM
Quote:
True but as the consumers, you and I and other's are the main sources of their income, they will push whatever limit we allow them to push. Certain things you just shouldn't have to pay for this should be incentive to pre order.
But then it begs the question what company will be able to get the pre-order code? I buy all my games at a Play-N-Trade the next town over and no one ever pre-orders there so I don't have to pre-order. If they were to make it an incentive make it an incentive to buy period, I think that would be a suitable thing to do, no?

# 235 KaptnKirk12 @ 07/31/09 12:17 AM
Glad people get off topic and just bash 2k. Cool, you don't like that they are just perfecting an older engine - you've said it, now move on.

# 236 Goffs @ 07/31/09 12:18 AM
Quote:
i just don't like the fact that they are charging extra for this, while the game is already overpriced. i never said 2k wasn't good , just overpriced.
not on the PC 20 bucks!!!

dunno how much it is this year tho....

# 237 KaptnKirk12 @ 07/31/09 12:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MomentousCeltic
There's some seriously flawed logic in a lot of the posts in this thread, but for the sake on staying on topic, let's leave it at that.

So don't. People, you are not forced to buy this. It really is that simple.
Agreed, it's in the game regardless if you buy this or not. This is basically just a sneak peak for $5. A bunch of 2k fans will have no issues with putting $5 down to play.

# 238 Goffs @ 07/31/09 12:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaptnKirk12
Glad people get off topic and just bash 2k. Cool, you don't like that they are just perfecting an older engine - you've said it, now move on.
THIS! its like theyre trying REEEEAAALLY hard to get us to jump ship to LOLOLOLOLive10

# 239 KaptnKirk12 @ 07/31/09 12:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrnoobie
THIS! its like theyre trying REEEEAAALLY hard to get us to jump ship to LOLOLOLOLive10
I don't understand the logic.

2k is better on there older engine, they're at a disadvantage to begin with.

# 240 tcnumba10 @ 07/31/09 12:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrnoobie
+10000, I don't get why they are trying to convince 2K fans how flawed our game is going to be while their LIVE10 will be evolutionary and will be above and beyond in every aspect lol. It's really getting old having to read the same comments by the same posters over and over again in the 2K forums, we get it, you are not buying 2K10, who cares!

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.