Home
NBA 2K10 News Post

Yahoo! Finance has the scoop. Feature list included.

Quote:
"2K Sports today announced NBA® 2K10: Draft Combine, a download-only title that will provide pre-season fun for basketball fans leading up to the fall launch of NBA 2K10. Planned for release this September on Xbox LIVE® Arcade for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and PlayStation®Network for PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system,, NBA 2K10: Draft Combine will allow fans to create their own custom player with the utmost detail and, for the first time in the NBA 2K series, begin their career by experiencing the on-court life of an NBA hopeful going through the NBA Draft Combine at the world-renowned, ATTACK Athletics gym in Chicago.

“We’re giving our dedicated NBA 2K fans an incredible opportunity with NBA 2K10: Draft Combine,” said Greg Thomas, senior vice president of sports development for 2K. “Gamers will have exclusive access to online content and get to test drive NBA 2K10’s new gameplay features, advanced player progression system and the all-new My Player career mode before the game launches this fall.”"

Game: NBA 2K10Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 74 - View All
NBA 2K10 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 Meechie1013 @ 07/28/09 01:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
I'm just guessing of course, but with all the new sig options that we see in the screenshot, I would think that it would be a 2k10 build because of all the new animations that your player has to be able to perform.
the animations might be heavy....and u will be able 2 do windmill dunks through like three ppl which will suck

# 42 Aces15 @ 07/28/09 01:15 PM
I think the real news here is that there might be an extensive career mode in the final game. At least that's what has me most excited about this news.

# 43 NINJAK2 @ 07/28/09 01:24 PM
I'm with you DC on not creating yourself in game. I think I'd create people who were real players but never made it to the big game for 2k's Combine mode like Len Bias, Earl Managault(sp?), or Hank Gathers.

I like that they added accessories like finger bands, shoe edits, and sleeves that go up to elbows- not shoulders. Also like all the shooting options available.

# 44 insideoutside15 @ 07/28/09 01:26 PM
This makes me wonder how you're going to wind up on your team. I'm guessing you have to enter the draft, which means the draft is going to wind up shaking out differently. I guess that's not going to be such a big deal if you're always drafted outside out of the lottery, but still.

# 45 TheFiasco87 @ 07/28/09 01:26 PM
I just hope the fact that they added a new career mode doesnt mean that franchise mode and gameplay took a backseat.

# 46 23 @ 07/28/09 01:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NINJAK2
I'm with you DC on not creating yourself in game. I think I'd create people who were real players but never made it to the big game for 2k's Combine mode like Len Bias, Earl Managault(sp?), or Hank Gathers.

I like that they added accessories like finger bands, shoe edits, and sleeves that go up to elbows- not shoulders. Also like all the shooting options available.
So you're going to create a young Kareem and take him through the draft process and see what it would be like to re-live his career in modern day?

Or you plan on creating Spud Webb or giving Larry Johnson his career back?

I like it Ninja

# 47 whizer17 @ 07/28/09 01:32 PM
I am hoping this My Career mode turns out to be like MLB the Shows, Road to the Show mode. I can imagine getting drafted by some team and having to earn playing time. The time you are not on the floor you get to sim the game until you come back in.

Easily a pre-order for me if thats the case.

# 48 Hassan Darkside @ 07/28/09 01:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican
Yea I feel the same way. I stopped creating myself in Live 96. If I create anybody it is usually people that aren't on a game. I don't know what I will do. I just hope we can do all of the ATTACKS Drills from the regular game
Same. I usually just create streetballers or upcoming rookies.

# 49 XenoZograscope @ 07/28/09 01:43 PM
Hmm I like this new lil feature, it seems pretty interesing. I liked the new sig options as well thats a nice plus for the game.

# 50 Ermolli @ 07/28/09 01:48 PM
I really was surprised with this news. A carrer mode is amazing and I hope it isn't too easy and short.

Quote:
... is planned for release in North America, Hong Kong, Singapore, Taiwan and India this September on Xbox LIVE Arcade for Xbox 360 (400 Microsoft Points) and PlayStation Network for PLAYSTATION 3 system ($4.99).
I wouldn't have it because I'm from Uruguay.

# 51 NINJAK2 @ 07/28/09 01:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
So you're going to create a young Kareem and take him through the draft process and see what it would be like to re-live his career in modern day?

Or you plan on creating Spud Webb or giving Larry Johnson his career back?

I like it Ninja
I didn't think about that 23..Those are cool ideas also. How about making the late Reggie Lewis or Bobby Phils, or Malik Sealy and prolonging their careers? I'm definetly creating Len Bias. I would have loved to see how he would have turned out.....Get some pictures of what they looked like as rookies or in their last year in college and base their appearance off that. Also limiting myself to go off their real life playing style and not training players to have mad handles, or 3pt% who did not, etc.

# 52 23 @ 07/28/09 01:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NINJAK2
I didn't think about that 23..Those are cool ideas also. How about making the late Reggie Lewis or Bobby Phils, or Malik Sealy and prolonging their careers? I'm definetly creating Len Bias. I would have loved to see how he would have turned out.....Get some pictures of what they looked like as rookies or in their last year in college and base their appearance off that. Also limiting myself to go off their real life playing style and not training players to have mad handles, or 3pt% who did not, etc.
yeah its just an idea...

Reggie Lewis... I hated that guy because he was so good and he always had good games against the Bulls. He was a baller though, and its sad to not see him not get to finish his career.

# 53 Nodima @ 07/28/09 02:05 PM
What I like to see:
--Players have specific animation sets for unique instances on the court - unique runners, unique one-handed shots, more unique ways of creating their own shot
--Players will be graded as teammates (unless this is a player lock only feature like team up?)
--Development drill rewards appear to have been tuned down

And if the A.I. logic were affected by the teammate logic from Team-Up (which was actually pretty specific and varied in how you earned and lost points) it could be a nice change. But maybe the teammate rating is just because this will be based on Team-Up. Eitherway, it's obvious that mode is getting a major focus this year.

Also maybe it's just me but that court looks wider

AND, as you can see, those players are playing a scrimmage. You'll obviously be locked into playing as one player like Team Up, but you'll get to play full games and get a feel for tons of different signatures. I wonder if they'll have the players (Bryant, Wade etc.) to try out or just the generics?

# 54 nosaints26 @ 07/28/09 02:22 PM
I actually think this will be a segue into a much improved Association mode. I don't think 2K would drop the ball and have great presentation in the NBA Draft part of the Career Mode and turn around and not improve the draft in Association mode. Maybe them introducing this DLC is a positive sign for Association...

# 55 blingballa333 @ 07/28/09 02:26 PM

If these new customizable features are not available in Edit Player for the real NBA players I will be greatly dissapointed. But aside from that this seems like it will be a fun little feature to dink around with until the game releases

# 56 blingballa333 @ 07/28/09 02:33 PM

If these new customizable features are not available in Edit Player for the real NBA players I will be greatly dissapointed. But aside from that this seems like it will be a fun little feature to dink around with until the game releases

# 57 ©roke @ 07/28/09 02:33 PM
Thank you 2k!! I can't play it in Spain... Thank you again...

BTW, the Edit Mode looks reaaaaaaaaally deep. I hope its the same in the game.

# 58 Altimus @ 07/28/09 02:38 PM
Looks interesting and I'm going to get it. If anything it will carry me over till the game ships.

# 59 Nodima @ 07/28/09 02:39 PM
Actually, if they have Kob's free throw in there, they probably have the other packages too.....nice!

And I just noticed that Dribble Moves isn't a single package anymore, but a set of packages just like the shots are. Could the dunks be broken down the same way? Man, this is looking really good on paper...

# 60 23 @ 07/28/09 02:40 PM
BTW, although some ideas could be fun, this SHOULD already be in the game.

We've asked for customization options for years now. .Some are old ones that they are adding back in... finger straps...lol that is an old one

What happens if you dont pay the 5 bucks? You miss out on being able to use a career mode?

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.