Home
NBA 2K10 News Post

Yahoo! Finance has the scoop. Feature list included.

Quote:
"2K Sports today announced NBA® 2K10: Draft Combine, a download-only title that will provide pre-season fun for basketball fans leading up to the fall launch of NBA 2K10. Planned for release this September on Xbox LIVE® Arcade for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and PlayStation®Network for PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system,, NBA 2K10: Draft Combine will allow fans to create their own custom player with the utmost detail and, for the first time in the NBA 2K series, begin their career by experiencing the on-court life of an NBA hopeful going through the NBA Draft Combine at the world-renowned, ATTACK Athletics gym in Chicago.

“We’re giving our dedicated NBA 2K fans an incredible opportunity with NBA 2K10: Draft Combine,” said Greg Thomas, senior vice president of sports development for 2K. “Gamers will have exclusive access to online content and get to test drive NBA 2K10’s new gameplay features, advanced player progression system and the all-new My Player career mode before the game launches this fall.”"

Game: NBA 2K10Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 74 - View All
NBA 2K10 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 shad_moss93 @ 07/28/09 03:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ai2k2
The fidelity of the graphics looks cheap
Maybe b/c NBA 2k is a port, at least that's what Mike said.

Quote:
Mike Wang: And I wouldn't say that we're not doing new stuff, as there are some exciting innovations in this year's title, but we're really focused on the fundamentals and getting things right. One of the things I always struggled with at 2K was when we were porting up from old gen to now, it's still just a port, and 2K has been covering up a lot of those problems with new animations. But with NBA Live, the foundation with the technology is really special, and what I see here is the potential for something that can be great. I think we're just now starting to realize that potential of what the hardware can give us, and we're capitalizing on that right now.
http://sports.espn.go.com/videogames...ory?id=3900151

# 82 Pared @ 07/28/09 03:48 PM
2nd most overused term on the OS forums. I would say "game engine" is the first.

# 83 JWiLL02 @ 07/28/09 03:55 PM
I'm really hoping these aren't the graphics from the final build, though the shots are poor quality anyways and created players rarely ever look good.

I'm not sure why 2k consistently releases poor quality screens initially every year while the competition is releasing HD (and in the past doctored) screens that actually show off the graphics.

This is a pretty poor press release as well. Sure it's up on 2k's website but why not Gamespot and IGN instead of Yahoo Finance? I just don't understand what they're doing.

# 84 theanswer34 @ 07/28/09 03:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
2nd most overused term on the OS forums. I would say "game engine" is the first.
seriously, and the graphics don't look bad.

# 85 jmood88 @ 07/28/09 04:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWiLL02
I'm really hoping these aren't the graphics from the final build, though the shots are poor quality anyways and created players rarely ever look good.

I'm not sure why 2k consistently releases poor quality screens initially every year while the competition is releasing HD (and in the past doctored) screens that actually show off the graphics.

This is a pretty poor press release as well. Sure it's up on 2k's website but why not Gamespot and IGN instead of Yahoo Finance? I just don't understand what they're doing.
I have no idea why they do this year after year but I guess since their sales have been going up every year they just think it's what works.

# 86 aholbert32 @ 07/28/09 04:08 PM
Quote:

LOL. Hell no! "Sim" is by far the #1 most overused term here. "Game killer" is 4th.

# 87 luda06 @ 07/28/09 04:09 PM
Gee thank you 2k sports for taking out 24/7 and providing us with this for an additional 5 bucks.

# 88 MelMan1486 @ 07/28/09 04:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by theanswer34
seriously, and the graphics don't look bad.
Graphics are overrated... in sports games it comes down to gameplay and presentation. Most of the best sports games I've ever played didn't have next gen graphics.

# 89 B-Wills @ 07/28/09 04:12 PM
So if this is gonna be a new mode for offline as well I wonder will we get to control our created player only in the games in the mode. (think madden superstar mode)

# 90 Pared @ 07/28/09 04:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
LOL. Hell no! "Sim" is by far the #1 most overused term here. "Game killer" is 4th.
I had game killer clocked in at 3rd. We must compare lists!

I'm a sim gamer, so that's off my list.

# 91 blacksun @ 07/28/09 04:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shad_moss93
Maybe b/c NBA 2k is a port, at least that's what Mike said.

http://sports.espn.go.com/videogames...ory?id=3900151
I'm sure that quote has nothing to do with the fact that he works at 2K's competitor now....

# 92 aholbert32 @ 07/28/09 04:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
I have no idea why they do this year after year but I guess since their sales have been going up every year they just think it's what works.

Exactly. The buying public isnt disecting screen shots like the basketball nerds at OS (me included)

# 93 aholbert32 @ 07/28/09 04:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacksun
I'm sure that quote has nothing to do with the fact that he works at 2K's competitor now....
Nothing at all. I'm sure there is some truth to it though.

# 94 Pared @ 07/28/09 04:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacksun
That doesn't mean it can't be true.

Still, it's a "keyword/phrase" guys in the industry like to throw out at you guys.

Engine, port, built from the ground up... could go on and on.

# 95 dlane0087 @ 07/28/09 04:25 PM
I may just be reading it wrong or am an idiot (or both ). But can I still use career mode without purchasing the draft combine? The reason I ask this is because I will be at school and my school won't let my PS3 on their network so I wouldn't be able to buy the draft combine.

# 96 blingballa333 @ 07/28/09 04:29 PM

If these new customizable features are not available in Edit Player for the real NBA players I will be greatly dissapointed. But aside from that this seems like it will be a fun little feature to dink around with until the game releases

# 97 blacksun @ 07/28/09 04:29 PM
Quote:
That doesn't mean it can't be true.
I'm not saying it isn't true, just that you can't take anything anyone at EA says about 2K (or vice-versa) as gospel.

# 98 shindiana @ 07/28/09 04:32 PM
I don't care about graphics as long as they add a lot more body types and haircut.
CH2K8 is still my favorite bb game but I love how two 6'6 sg can look different on the court for example without being the fat one and the skinny one.

And sure having all this new signatures option is awesome, but I hope we will have a lot more ratings to differentiate the prospects (first step, wingspan, size, ....)

# 99 TheFiasco87 @ 07/28/09 04:49 PM
What I would like to know is, say you dont buy the DLC, do you still get all the signature options when creatings your player in the career mode?

Is the DLC just to bring up your players rating through drills?

With out the DLC does your created player start out with a very low rating in career mode?

Im deff. going to buy it, Im just curious.

# 100 Stumbleweed @ 07/28/09 05:03 PM
People, do you really think that they would let people who paid $5 for this get the editing options, career mode, etc., and then take it out of the full retail? This is just a way to wring an extra $5 out of their hardcore fanbase while giving them the chance to mess with some of the new features for a month or two before release.

They're not taking career mode or those editing options out for the final... that would be supremely stupid. This mode is just a way to develop your created career players for use in the final game.. they probably progress faster/start off better for career mode or something as a reward as well as having special achievements.

I'll probably get it just because I'm a fiend and it's $5. I like career modes anyway, so I'll probably get some mileage out of it if it's decent.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.