Home
NBA Live 10 News Post

EA Sports came the Dime Magazine offices to show them where they are in the development of NBA Live 10.

Quote:
"We’ll have a lot more on the game in the coming weeks, but we can tell you this: NBA Live 10 is very, very good, and is a definitely upgrade over last year’s game.

Some details that we can talk about:

- The detail in the game is crazy, including kicks and tattoos. There are approximately 500 different sneakers in the game, so each player is in the actual kicks he’ll be wearing in real life (including Dwyane Wade in some Jordans. And because the game will be updated online throughout the season, when, say LeBron switches kicks mid-season or for the playoffs, his kicks in the game will switch to reflect the change.

There are about 75 players who have their ink done down to the last detail (including the lips on Kenyon Martin’s neck)."

Game: NBA Live 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PSP / Xbox 360Votes for game: 48 - View All
NBA Live 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 ai2k2 @ 07/29/09 02:28 PM
I see it already. Crazy!!! A$$ shot blocks by K.g, LeBron, Wade etc etc... awww sookie sookie now!... lmao

# 22 MatthewCox10 @ 07/29/09 02:36 PM
The images look great, Lebron is in his warmups!!

# 23 Rell826 @ 07/29/09 03:12 PM
If the gameplay is as good as the presentation then Live will officially be back. I'm a 2K fan and even I admit that Electronic Arts is improving the Live franchise. I keep telling my friends and those on Niketalk who are 2K fanboys that if 2K doesn't not continue to innovate in gameplay, presentation and overall fun factor that they are going to get left in the dust. 2K9 was terrible, I sold it after a month for Resistance 2. I never played Live 09 so I can't judge that game.

# 24 ai2k2 @ 07/29/09 03:59 PM
^well said bro.

# 25 youngfaze01 @ 07/29/09 04:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeljordanjr
You can't be serious !!!!!!!

You're telling me I won't be able to drive and do a 360 over 5 defenders lined up in front of me and clip through all of their hands in the air trying to block me and jam it 200% of the time?

That's it I'm buying 2k
I hope you're joking.

# 26 WTF @ 07/29/09 04:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
lol...

but good deal is some nice collision detection has been added like in that clip where Varejao tried to dunk on Shard and he fouled him to stop him
Where would I find this clip? Is it the one in the trailer?

# 27 Jano @ 07/29/09 04:40 PM
Yep its from the trailer

# 28 Rob. D @ 07/29/09 04:42 PM
Quote:

You're telling me I won't be able to drive and do a 360 over 5 defenders lined up in front of me and clip through all of their hands in the air trying to block me and jam it 200% of the time like in 2k9?

That's it I'm buying 2k10
LMFAO QFT

# 29 thmst30 @ 07/29/09 05:21 PM
Quote:

You're telling me I won't be able to drive and do a 360 over 5 defenders lined up in front of me and clip through all of their hands in the air trying to block me and jam it 200% of the time like in 2k9?

Maybe a bit of exaggeration there huh?

# 30 lindo9595 @ 07/29/09 05:24 PM
Cant wait till next week for more info.

# 31 Jamin23 @ 07/29/09 05:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thmst30
Maybe a bit of exaggeration there huh?
I'm guessing he was joking.... or maybe not.

# 32 thmst30 @ 07/29/09 05:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamin23
I'm guessing he was joking.... or maybe not.
Yea I know he was joking.

# 33 Melman @ 07/29/09 05:36 PM
Quote:
Dunks should be rare exhilarating moments not every time down the court or off the rebound full court passed like in the 2k series.

Yeah you are right on with that one man. There should be more lay-ups, put backs off the backboard, mid-range shots in the game(and should be set at a realistic shooting %). But at the end of the day its a videogame and people will find a way to get their Dunkin Donut on. Just as long as the collision detection is their and the game recognizes Im on the court and Clipping thru my body then Im cool.

Another thing is I hope they added some more animations of when people get dunked on so it will give us that "OMG" feel. Just like EA said in Fight night "no one punch is the same" they should try to add that to Live

# 34 Greene_Flash03 @ 07/29/09 06:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melman
Yeah you are right on with that one man. There should be more lay-ups, put backs off the backboard, mid-range shots in the game(and should be set at a realistic shooting %). But at the end of the day its a videogame and people will find a way to get their Dunkin Donut on. Just as long as the collision detection is their and the game recognizes Im on the court and Clipping thru my body then Im cool.

Another thing is I hope they added some more animations of when people get dunked on so it will give us that "OMG" feel. Just like EA said in Fight night "no one punch is the same" they should try to add that to Live
Agreed! Also, add "OMG, WOW" to commentary.

# 35 kwas676 @ 07/29/09 07:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melman

The commentary mixed in these old live vids are pretty good.

# 36 SageInfinite @ 07/29/09 07:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwas676

The commentary mixed in these old live vids are pretty good.
Live 10 definitely needs wow moments like that.

# 37 23 @ 07/29/09 07:26 PM
Whats sad is how Live 09 fans were screwed out of animations like that...not to cheese but honestly the lack thereof was just terrible.

# 38 thmst30 @ 07/29/09 07:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Whats sad is how Live 09 fans were screwed out of animations like that...not to cheese but honestly the lack thereof was just terrible.
That's what I was thinking while watching the vid. How are those animations better than what we got on PS3/360 for Live 09? Absolutely inexcusable IMO.

# 39 TheFiasco87 @ 07/29/09 07:39 PM
Live has always looked pretty good visually to me so Im trying not to get too excited with the visuals. To me, its all about gameplay with live since thats where they lacked in the past.

# 40 Beluba @ 07/29/09 07:51 PM
Quote:

You can but only if you're playing against stephensonmc.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.