Home
UFC 2009 Undisputed News Post

The UFC Patch is now up for the Xbox 360. We are checking to see if it's up for the PS3 yet.

Here is a list of the fixes in the patch:

Quote:
"What’s up guys, Neven here with an update on the patch for UFC 2009: Undisputed.

I want to thank all of you for the support in making UFC 2009: Undisputed such an amazing success. That being said I want to you to know we’ve been working hard on fixing some of the issues found in the online experience. Hit the jump for the list of fixes.
  • We recognize premature match quitting as the biggest online issue and have taken steps to fix it. The Patch will have integrated code that detects who pulls the cable and will assign a Loss as well as a Did Not Finish to that player. The DNF is only counted for the player who executes the disconnection. The DNF rate will be displayed on the fighter selection screen of the Online Ranked Match. When disconnected the Winning Streak is also reset to 0.
  • We’ve adjusted Ranked Matches to match up players with better connections, which will improve lag issues we’ve seen to date.
  • We’ve adjusted the difficulty of performing submissions against AI opponents to improve the balance of subs vs. striking when playing against the AI.
  • We’ve adjusted the Flash KO rate so that they are less frequent.
  • We’ve increased maximum number of points awarded in online play from 99,999 to 999,999 and we’ve increased the Max Level from 100 to 200.
  • We’ve lowered the Winning Streak Bonus Max from 5 to 3.
  • We’ve removed the decimal places on the Leaderboard Winning Percentage so we only show whole percentages.
  • We’ve addressed the CAF cheat so the skill levels in CAF cannot be cheated and increased. Also any CAF with unfair point values will no longer be able to be used Online.
  • For PS3 users we’ve also fixed a bug that causes a freeze during auto-save; whichever controller was used to Press Start on the Title Screen will be identified as the main controller.

Thanks to forum user Timmay for the heads up!

UFC 2009 Undisputed screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: UFC 2009 UndisputedReader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 25 - View All
UFC 2009 Undisputed Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Michael Vick @ 07/30/09 03:33 PM
love the game but have never went online with my fighters. so i dont really get what the 'cheating' is

# 22 Stumbleweed @ 07/30/09 04:05 PM
If you're talking about the CAF thing, there was a glitch where you could get infinite points (or basically, so many points that you can max multiple things at 110), leading to a bunch of guys with 110 Sub Offense ratings online. they fixed the glitch so now you can only use the standard amount of CAF points.

If you never used the glitch, then it doesn't affect you at all. Legit people were mainly using it to create fighters like Fedor, who should justifiably be more than an 87 or whatever the CAF caps your fighter out at.

# 23 TCrouch @ 07/30/09 04:11 PM
That's awesome...played 5 or 6 fights at lunch and didn't have a single disconnect. Got my *** kicked a few times, including one fight where I thought I controlled him on the ground for most of the contest. But he stuffed my takedowns and got a reversal once. Decision cards were 30-26, 30-27, 30-27, so apparently I was so far out to lunch it wasn't even funny

# 24 ManiacMatt1782 @ 07/30/09 07:43 PM
I had someone quit, i still got the win. i decided to not be the bigger man and send them a message saying THAT **** DOESNT WORK ANYMORE *****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Im sorry the quitting had been so rampant and I had so many wins robbed from me.

# 25 XFactah416 @ 07/30/09 09:56 PM
I think submissions are much more manageable now, especially if you have an upper-tier BJJ user.

I used BJ Penn and Demian Maia and locked on triangles from mount with relative ease, and I didn't have to burn my skin to do so. (My opponents were Tyson Griffin and Nate Marquardt). I used Shogun vs Rashad, and when I locked on a triangle from mount and numerous other submissions, Rashad managed to power out of them.

# 26 Stumbleweed @ 07/30/09 10:10 PM
Whoo, I'm back baby! 3-0, 2 subs, 1 GnP from mount (GSP quit glitch whore, had like 122 DNFs)... he didn't bail on me because I guess he already tried and saw what the result was. Haha, I love it... the ***-whoopin' factory is back at full speed.

I didn't realize how much the rampant quitting killed the enjoyment of the game for me... I'm sitting here smiling after reversing the living **** out of that GSP guy and KOing him in Round 2. The other guys were actually cool and not Superman punch garbage mofos, but I choked them out anyway haha.. ranked dudes jump up and get beat down.

# 27 COMMISSIONERHBK9 @ 07/30/09 10:11 PM
when are we ps3 users get to have this patch

# 28 dbly32 @ 07/31/09 12:18 AM
Word. I hate that bull**** where companies will release a patch for one console before releasing it across all platforms. Same with the COD 4 maps where they were released on consoles before they were out on PC.

Cue generic "it's easier to develop on the 360!" response.

# 29 Wet Bandit @ 07/31/09 12:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbly32
Cue generic "it's easier to develop on the 360!" response.
Well, that and the fact that twice as many copies of Undisputed were sold on the 360 than on the PS3, so it makes some sense that they might prioritize the 360 version a little more.

I can't imagine the PS3 patch will be too far behind, though. It's not like they did anything ground-breaking with this patch.

# 30 dbly32 @ 07/31/09 12:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wet Bandit
Well, that and the fact that twice as many copies of Undisputed were sold on the 360 than on the PS3, so it makes some sense that they might prioritize the 360 version a little more.

I can't imagine the PS3 patch will be too far behind, though. It's not like they did anything ground-breaking with this patch.
Now THAT would really piss me the hell off. Let someone at THQ make it known that they put priority on the 360 patch over PS3 because it sold more and they will lose me as a customer forever. As if my sixty dollars are worth less than the sixty paid by a 360 owner.

And while technically there may not be anything revolutionary in the patch, ask all of the guys in this thread (some of which literally stopped playing the game) how important it was for THQ to fix the disconnect issue.

# 31 Wet Bandit @ 07/31/09 01:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbly32
Now THAT would really piss me the hell off. Let someone at THQ make it known that they put priority on the 360 patch over PS3 because it sold more and they will lose me as a customer forever. As if my sixty dollars are worth less than the sixty paid by a 360 owner.

And while technically there may not be anything revolutionary in the patch, ask all of the guys in this thread (some of which literally stopped playing the game) how important it was for THQ to fix the disconnect issue.
Which is why they would have wanted to get it out to as many people as possible as soon as possible.

I get why you'd be a bit upset (though I do think you're overreacting) considering you're on the short end of this one, but it's just business. As an extreme example, let's say I'm having problems with the game freezing. Should they devote just as many resources to solving my problem as they should to solving the disconnect problem that affects at least hundreds of thousands? After all, is my $60 worth less than those people's $60?

Again, it's an extreme example, but it illustrates the point. It's just good business to devote appropritate resources to the problems that affect the most people. And this patch affects twice as many people on the 360 than it does on the PS3.

But again, the PS3 patch shouldn't be too far behind. This is a relatively minor (in terms of programming) patch, so it shouldn't take too long to get it up and running on the PS3.

# 32 Rukkus002 @ 07/31/09 01:42 AM
Looking forward to finally playing this game online. I played a few ranked matches in the first few weeks and as soon as the disconnects started it was time for career mode and partying with my boys only, but I just moved to another state and don't really know anyone yet so it's time to get back to playing this game for keeps. Thank you patch!

# 33 Acedeck @ 07/31/09 03:59 AM
This patch is the most long overdue patch I've ever witnessed. It took them two months to fix online quitters being rewarded. The game has already been shelved by so many people, it's a shame. It's a really fun game.

# 34 ronnieb @ 07/31/09 04:44 AM
1/ the reason why the patch is not up for us ps 3 is because of sony america who ahave to check the content
i m in europe and i got the patch for Ps3
2/ best patch ever :
- almost no more lag
- i had 2 quitters on 20+ online games yesterday
3/ now this game is close to perfection
4/ what about the offline is it easier to submit on expert?i was so happy to finally be able to have fairly games online that i don t even check the offline part

# 35 TJdaSportsGuy @ 07/31/09 09:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaima1shu
Sweet. I pretty much stopped playing this game to wait for the patch. Had a bunch of other games I wanted to get through too. Now I can resume the addiction
I'm in the same boat you are. Time to get re-acclimated with the octagon.

# 36 TCrouch @ 07/31/09 10:06 AM
I played way too much of this yesterday. Outside of one laggy match where neither one of us could quit (I'm talking like 2 frames a second stutter-fest 2009), it was good stuff. I was 21-8 yesterday...by far the most I've played this game ranked in one day.

Had 3 quits, all on submissions, and all three awarded me the win with a sub victory and no DNF's.

# 37 sb24 @ 07/31/09 10:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnieb
1/ the reason why the patch is not up for us ps 3 is because of sony america who ahave to check the content
i m in europe and i got the patch for Ps3
Well there you go ps3 guys, it cant be to far away.

# 38 Stumbleweed @ 07/31/09 11:54 AM
Yeah I hit a rough streak last night trying to play the toughest guys I could find... beat a few of them, but normally I was still using the lower-rated fighters (Bonnar, Kaz, Hardonk, Karo, Lauzon, etc.) so they'd normally pick Brock or GSP and get lucky with a big strike or just do enough damage that I'd be near the damage TKO late in the 2nd. Had some nice battles with sim people, most of whom sent "great fight!" messages afterwards, which is nice. Only one "***, stand up and fight" type message haha.. naturally, I was Karo and he was Alves, so yeah, I'm gonna stand and strike.. idiots.

Anyway, I think I was something like 20-12 by the time I logged off. I search for matches with Advanced opponents only, and I beat basically everyone under Level 75, but those top-tier dudes are tough. Some looked like former quit glitchers, but they had skills regardless... and most of them weren't just spamming the boxing uppercuts and crap like that, they actually knew what they were doing.

# 39 TCrouch @ 07/31/09 12:03 PM
Yeah I like trying to pick some "off" fighter just to see what happens. That catches me sometimes.

Last night some level 60 came into my match and I had already selected Kendall Grove. Of course he picked Anderson Silva.

I got a "no injuries" medal in a complete domination. I think the guys with really high levels that aren't allowed to quit now are going to drop like rocks down to the bottom, because there's no way that guy should have been destroyed with Grove without even laying a hand on me if he had the skills to merit a level 60 ranking.

# 40 Stumbleweed @ 07/31/09 12:08 PM
Yeah there are a decent amount of people who are not legitly high-ranked. But the vast majority of the people above Level 60 that I played had some real skills and would give me a good fight. Only a few of those guys got totally dominated, but I suppose part of that too was that I normally was giving up 7+ overall rating points with basically any fighter I chose. Whenever I used Forrest or someone closer to the upper-tier, I won.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.