Home
UFC 2009 Undisputed News Post

The UFC Patch is now up for the Xbox 360. We are checking to see if it's up for the PS3 yet.

Here is a list of the fixes in the patch:

Quote:
"What’s up guys, Neven here with an update on the patch for UFC 2009: Undisputed.

I want to thank all of you for the support in making UFC 2009: Undisputed such an amazing success. That being said I want to you to know we’ve been working hard on fixing some of the issues found in the online experience. Hit the jump for the list of fixes.
  • We recognize premature match quitting as the biggest online issue and have taken steps to fix it. The Patch will have integrated code that detects who pulls the cable and will assign a Loss as well as a Did Not Finish to that player. The DNF is only counted for the player who executes the disconnection. The DNF rate will be displayed on the fighter selection screen of the Online Ranked Match. When disconnected the Winning Streak is also reset to 0.
  • We’ve adjusted Ranked Matches to match up players with better connections, which will improve lag issues we’ve seen to date.
  • We’ve adjusted the difficulty of performing submissions against AI opponents to improve the balance of subs vs. striking when playing against the AI.
  • We’ve adjusted the Flash KO rate so that they are less frequent.
  • We’ve increased maximum number of points awarded in online play from 99,999 to 999,999 and we’ve increased the Max Level from 100 to 200.
  • We’ve lowered the Winning Streak Bonus Max from 5 to 3.
  • We’ve removed the decimal places on the Leaderboard Winning Percentage so we only show whole percentages.
  • We’ve addressed the CAF cheat so the skill levels in CAF cannot be cheated and increased. Also any CAF with unfair point values will no longer be able to be used Online.
  • For PS3 users we’ve also fixed a bug that causes a freeze during auto-save; whichever controller was used to Press Start on the Title Screen will be identified as the main controller.

Thanks to forum user Timmay for the heads up!

UFC 2009 Undisputed screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: UFC 2009 UndisputedReader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 25 - View All
UFC 2009 Undisputed Videos
Member Comments
# 61 Phobia @ 08/03/09 11:49 AM
The patch has improved the game 10 fold for me. The only thing I am not to excited about is how much they decreased the flash KO's. I fought 5 fights last night. I went 4-1 and then the night before I fought 8 or 9 fights. I have not seen 1 single flash KO since the patch. Either Ground Pound KO, Submission, or it goes to the judges.

I have had about 3/4 of my fights since the patch go to the judges. I am still up in the air if this is more realistic.

# 62 Stumbleweed @ 08/03/09 12:16 PM
I got KOd in like 40 seconds by a Brock... threw the spinning backfist and he step-punched me in the dome and I went out like a light. They're still there -- had one where I KO'd a guy like 2 mins into Round 1 from GnP also... he was only at 40% head damage or something, so I think that qualifies.

# 63 mgoblue @ 08/03/09 01:08 PM
I was on vacation last week, so haven't had a chance to check this out...How's the single player vs. CPU submission game now? It was pretty damn tough prior to this, does the patch make it more realistic?

# 64 jb12780 @ 08/03/09 04:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmay
Man, I've encountered some annoying players today.

this body spam bull**** is the worst... I've given up on 4 matches alone today because of that ****; it's just annoying as hell to have to play against, not fun at all.
Yeah the body spamming isnt very fun. I was crocop the other guy was lesnar..... he mauls me in the clinch takes me down and...... SINKS A KNEEBAR ON ME!!!!! I wanted to throw my controller through a window

# 65 Dean3790 @ 08/03/09 04:19 PM
What do you mean body-spam?

# 66 dbly32 @ 08/03/09 04:21 PM
All this time we had to wait for the patch and THQ ****s the bed. I haven't had any disconnects, but it takes twice as long to find a fight, not to mention I can't even search for UFC only fights in the middle, welter, or lightweight divisions. I have to use UFC and CAF and have morons try to fight me with their "lil killa boi" 112-rated fighters, not to mention put up with random crashes in the game where the screen just goes black when going from menu to menu. Is it a common thing for patches to introduce new bugs into the game?

# 67 jb12780 @ 08/03/09 04:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean3790
What do you mean body-spam?
Constantly attacking the body, thus wearing down your stamina and making easier to perform takedowns and subs.

# 68 DTX3 @ 08/03/09 04:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbly32
All this time we had to wait for the patch and THQ ****s the bed. I haven't had any disconnects, but it takes twice as long to find a fight, not to mention I can't even search for UFC only fights in the middle, welter, or lightweight divisions. I have to use UFC and CAF and have morons try to fight me with their "lil killa boi" 112-rated fighters, not to mention put up with random crashes in the game where the screen just goes black when going from menu to menu. Is it a common thing for patches to introduce new bugs into the game?
I have yet to get a single fight online in because of this. What the hell is going on?

# 69 Dean3790 @ 08/03/09 04:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jb12780
Constantly attacking the body, thus wearing down your stamina and making easier to perform takedowns and subs.
I don't see anything at all wrong with that. It's easy to avoid if you want and a legitimate strategy.

# 70 judgejudy @ 08/03/09 04:54 PM
i have no freezing issues or the reported ufc only for a couple weightclasses issue you guys seem to be having

# 71 Stumbleweed @ 08/03/09 04:55 PM
I haven't seen any of that on the 360 FWIW... the only random error I got was a freeze at the loading screen after fights when I chose "session search". To get that to go away, just sign out of your XBL account and it'll take you back to the menu screen. I always choose 'UFC only' and it works for all weight classes.

# 72 Stumbleweed @ 08/03/09 05:04 PM
Seems like anyone who picks Rampage of BJ Penn (both boxers) always do that, mixed in with 'Page's signature uppers... so annoying. But yeah, I just keep my distance and wait for them to run in (they always do ha) then shoot when they're striking. It's really annoying when you get caught on the wrong end of that low-high-low-high spamming and can't do anything about it... that's one of the only true issues with this game, but basically you just gotta stay at distance from those jerks and hope for the best.

# 73 judgejudy @ 08/03/09 05:36 PM
i'd have to say at this point, the thing i hate most is the people who run away the entire fight and have the timing just right to where as soon as you start to go in they've got a superman punch loaded up to counter you. i had a guy do this to me and at one point i just stopped following him and he circled to the other side of the ring, taunted me, then got on his back. of course once i started walking towards him he got back up and started running away again. it was ridiculous and because i literally couldn't hit him, i lost the decision.

# 74 Stumbleweed @ 08/03/09 05:38 PM
LOL yeah, those wannabe Machidas are annoying too. I try to time the takedown on those too, they're normally not quick/aggressive enough to get you with the takedown counter knee or anything, so that's my best chance at getting to to the ground where they can't run away from the ***-whoopin'.

# 75 p_rushing @ 08/03/09 08:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue
I was on vacation last week, so haven't had a chance to check this out...How's the single player vs. CPU submission game now? It was pretty damn tough prior to this, does the patch make it more realistic?
Its great, maybe a little too good on the lower levels. You can sub a bad fighter with ease.

# 76 Gibbz @ 08/03/09 09:28 PM
I just had a guy disc in the 3rd and didn't get the win...?

# 77 judgejudy @ 08/03/09 10:37 PM
had this happen to me too, i'm wondering if they quit before the fight is actually over they just get a loss and you get nothing

# 78 Dean3790 @ 08/03/09 10:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmay
There are people who walk into you and just keep throwing body punches, mixing him head attacks. You get hit and it completely freezes your guy and he can't do anything..

Finally you block, and they attack high, then keep freezing you. You go to shoot and their shot completely cancels it out. I've gotten ok at grabbing it with that catch counter (where you just catch their punch and pull them in), but when it comes back to standing against someone good on the ground, they just go right back to spamming attacks, freezing you over and over.

It's just flat out annoying, and I refuse to play people who do it.
Oh yeah, that's ****ing ridiculously annoying. I thought you guys were talking about body shots on the ground for some reason. That's my strategy when I use a guy like Maia or Gonzaga...I takedown, beat down on the body and go for a sub. Guys that spam the X button with Rampage drive me ****ing nuts.

# 79 Dean3790 @ 08/04/09 01:47 AM
With the trophies for the multiplier not working at all, this game is almost pointless for me. I was a level 89, and I'd win 10 straight matches and get like 50 points for each fight, then lose to someone who is at a level 60 or something with a GSP random Superman punch and lose 2400 points, rendering at least 20 wins useless.

# 80 TheSolutionKMH @ 08/04/09 03:35 AM
man i love UFC undisputed but i cant play online cause its too laggy. i think its my connection and i cant change it to be faster so im stuck with offline CPU and my guys.

i cant experience the fun online but this is the best fighting game on next-gen pre and post patch

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.