Home
NBA 2K10: Draft Combine News Post

IGN has posted their first look at NBA 2K10: Draft Combine.

Quote:
"The career of any NBA star begins when they're kids. Sitting out in the yard shooting hoops, pretending that the clock is ticking down on the NBA Finals and the ball is in their hands. From there, it's on to high school and, if they're lucky, a good Division-1 program where they'll earn the attention of pro scouts. Then the top 1% of those athletes makes the jump to the NBA Draft Combine with the hopes of impressing pro teams enough to make it into the two rounds of the draft. That's where 2K Sports' NBA 2K10: Draft Combine comes into play.

The downloadable game for Xbox Live and PlayStation Network is scheduled to release in early September and will allow players to sculpt their player with 2K Sports' new super-deep player creation mechanic, define their play style and then participate in six full-length games and six of a possible eight drills in the hopes of making it into the coveted first round of the NBA Draft."

Game: NBA 2K10: Draft CombineReader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 2 - View All
NBA 2K10: Draft Combine Videos
Member Comments
# 21 jmood88 @ 07/30/09 10:26 PM
And 2k9 looked like 2k8, until we saw videos and high resolution pictures.

# 22 J_Posse @ 07/30/09 10:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ai2k2
Looks like 2k9 repackaged.
*Cough*******Cough*

But, seriously could you wait 'til we get info about 2K10, and not this seperate DLC, to criticize the product. You sound like you've got an agenda, maybe?

# 23 dlane0087 @ 07/30/09 10:30 PM
Those screens from the IGN article are really looking good. Has anyone else noticed the draft projection they have? And in one of the screens it looks as if you can go undrafted. I really have high hopes for the career mode, and I think that I will end up purchasing the Draft Combine just for the complete experience of the mode.

# 24 mobiuseinz @ 07/30/09 10:31 PM
Well, the 39 overall rating makes sense, especially since I think simballer said that there will be no more 99 rated players, so it creates more parity.

Im loving this mode!

# 25 Hassan Darkside @ 07/30/09 11:19 PM
I'm pretty sure it's only 39 because he hasn't raised his attributes enough yet. I doubt you'll see any guys 39 overall in the official rosters.

# 26 Nodima @ 07/30/09 11:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruff Ryder
I'm pretty sure it's only 39 because he hasn't raised his attributes enough yet. I doubt you'll see any guys 39 overall in the official rosters.

There was a thread talking about how the NBA mandated ratings be from 25-99 this year so there probably will be a few scrubs down there.

-- 7 play styles per position, so they must be more than default rating sets now if they're actually advertising the play styles
-- Getting another look at the court, I really think they made it a little bigger, it just looks different
-- The mini-game lets you play 6 full games and 6 of 8 drills. For just one player that's a lot of substance, let alone if you want to just create Melo or Kobe and get some reps in
-- Development is based on a player's play style and body type...you can't turn a giant into a beast just because. I like that
-- These created players look a lot more detailed than previous ones, they're going to fit in a lot better with the real players
-- Just look at the close up of Nate Ahearn's player card where he's driving to the basket, that seems more like the sort of hi-res detail we'll see in the final product. I like those goals for a game as well, hopefully there's something similar in real association for weeks or seasons
-- I like the idea of getting points to cash in towards attributes, hopefully that carries over into Association as well instead of straight stat boosts

# 27 TMagic @ 07/31/09 12:15 AM
I found it kind of cool that they got Attack Athletics featured in the game.

Adds some authenticity to the combine as that is where many pros go to workout and improve their game.

# 28 DW3 @ 07/31/09 12:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMagic

Adds some realism to the combine as that is where many pros go to workout and improve their game.

your sig is very creative man!

# 29 tcnumba10 @ 07/31/09 12:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ai2k2
Looks like 2k9 repackaged.
Looks like another LIVE Fanboy...

# 30 KaptnKirk12 @ 07/31/09 12:33 AM
Definitely can't wait for this, still would like to be able to go undrafted and play in the DLeague until you get called up to play for an NBA team.

# 31 dlane0087 @ 07/31/09 12:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaptnKirk12
Definitely can't wait for this, still would like to be able to go undrafted and play in the DLeague until you get called up to play for an NBA team.

Yeah or get picked up late in the 2nd round and go to the D-League that way too.

# 32 tcnumba10 @ 07/31/09 12:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaptnKirk12
Or if they really want to make it even more realistic, undrafted players can maybe go overseas then getting signed on by a NBA Team lol. That'll be so sick but I don't think it'll ever happen.

I wonder what kind of camera angles we'll see if we play "My Player" mode in 2k10. It'll be awesome if they have a 3rd person view, above the player's shoulder kind of thing.

# 33 KaptnKirk12 @ 07/31/09 12:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcnumba10
Or if they really want to make it even more realistic, undrafted players can maybe go overseas then getting signed on by a NBA Team lol. That'll be so sick but I don't think it'll ever happen.

I wonder what kind of camera angles we'll see if we play "My Player" mode in 2k10. It'll be awesome if they have a 3rd person view, above the player's shoulder kind of thing.
Overseas is going overboard and not even relating to the NBA then.

Being able to be put in the D-League would be awesome, if it's not in it this year, it definitely should be in years to come.

And that IGN article said there was a special camera angle for this mode, I hope that isn't the only camera angle that we can play with, because I think it'd be annoying to not be able to see the whole court - and I actually can't stand playing on anything but the 2k cam.

# 34 Goffs @ 07/31/09 12:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcnumba10

doesnt EA own the rights to the Euroleagues?

# 35 tcnumba10 @ 07/31/09 12:47 AM
Not sure about the EA and EuroLeague thing, but a special camera eh? I've always wanted a first person view in a basketball game, with one of the buttons being able to control your view so that you can see the court. But I think that'll be too hard to achieve and way too complicated to control. Personally I don't like/use the 2K camera angle, but i think the camera angle will be similar to EA's Fifa Be-A-PRO mode.

# 36 DaoudS @ 07/31/09 01:16 AM
i like the early september release date....

# 37 tutking @ 07/31/09 01:50 AM
the 39 ovr goin late in the second round doesnt seem that bad when the ratings go from 25-99.
And though its probably not in it would be a great addition to have the nbdl and summer league in to so u can go there if ur undrafted, also would be great to have those for association mode.

Ea Owns the rights to Fiba not Euroleagues but that would be a whole different venture to put in the game

# 38 Pared @ 07/31/09 09:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMagic

Adds some authenticity to the combine as that is where many pros go to workout and improve their game.
Can't believe it took someone this long to notice that...

You guys are slipping.

# 39 Hassan Darkside @ 07/31/09 09:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodima
There was a thread talking about how the NBA mandated ratings be from 25-99 this year so there probably will be a few scrubs down there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tutking
the 39 ovr goin late in the second round doesnt seem that bad when the ratings go from 25-99.
That's not the point. I'm saying that you're not gonna see anybody rated that low in the game. Each individual rating will be on a scale of 25-99, each rating will carry different weight depending on the position. I remember when Live first went to a 0-100 scale, there were no 39 rated players. There were a few guys in the 50s, heck, rookie LeBron was rated like a 63 I think.

So I doubt you'll see guys as low as in the 30s with the new rating system. I'm thinking there'll be a surplus of players between 60-80, with maybe a few bums sub-60.

# 40 gluck24 @ 07/31/09 09:25 AM
i havn't been this excited for a game in a real long time... especially the demo

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.