Home
NBA 2K10: Draft Combine News Post

IGN has posted their first look at NBA 2K10: Draft Combine.

Quote:
"The career of any NBA star begins when they're kids. Sitting out in the yard shooting hoops, pretending that the clock is ticking down on the NBA Finals and the ball is in their hands. From there, it's on to high school and, if they're lucky, a good Division-1 program where they'll earn the attention of pro scouts. Then the top 1% of those athletes makes the jump to the NBA Draft Combine with the hopes of impressing pro teams enough to make it into the two rounds of the draft. That's where 2K Sports' NBA 2K10: Draft Combine comes into play.

The downloadable game for Xbox Live and PlayStation Network is scheduled to release in early September and will allow players to sculpt their player with 2K Sports' new super-deep player creation mechanic, define their play style and then participate in six full-length games and six of a possible eight drills in the hopes of making it into the coveted first round of the NBA Draft."

Game: NBA 2K10: Draft CombineReader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 2 - View All
NBA 2K10: Draft Combine Videos
Member Comments
# 41 gluck24 @ 07/31/09 09:28 AM
but if u think about since they lowered the rating systems then the average nba player might be like a 50 somthin now when in all the previious 2k games the average was 70 somethin that could add to... i just hope they dont put kobe and lebron at 99.... cause they arn't perfect players....

# 42 Hassan Darkside @ 07/31/09 09:32 AM
Lol the average NBA player won't be a 50....Sigh...This is not a new thing! NBA Live did it in 2004! The first, original roster was really low rated. Mike Bibby was a 62, I remember that off the top of my head. That was with a ZERO to 100 scale.

With a 25-100 scale you won't see players rated that low. And if they have the same 2k insider, I can almost make that guarantee (lol). I'm pretty certain guys like LeBron, Wade, Kobe will still be up in the 90s, probably mid 90s. But players will be more distinguished overall thanks to the new ratings.

# 43 DC @ 07/31/09 09:41 AM
Yea with 2K Insider we definitely won't see anybody under a 50. I don't care if the scale was infinite

# 44 ai2k2 @ 07/31/09 11:44 AM
Lmao

# 45 Stumbleweed @ 07/31/09 11:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican
Yea with 2K Insider we definitely won't see anybody under a 50. I don't care if the scale was infinite

You still gettin' on that guy haha...

LOL @ his SAS-lookin' mug all over the screenshots.. your worst nightmare.

# 46 dlane0087 @ 07/31/09 11:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumbleweed

You still gettin' on that guy haha...

LOL @ his SAS-lookin' mug all over the screenshots.. your worst nightmare.
LOL yeah but I think what would make it worse would be every time you make a trade you hear the Insider spouting non-sense about how you are a terrible GM hahaha.

# 47 Rell826 @ 07/31/09 12:02 PM
The skin still looks like rubber. This mode isn't a big deal to me only those that do franchises and what not.

# 48 DC @ 07/31/09 12:35 PM
Yea I hope there is a way to turn that dude off. I don't want him on my game at all.

I should get the PC Version so someone can patch his face out of the game and replace him with Hubie Brown or somebody.

# 49 Pared @ 07/31/09 12:37 PM
They should just hire Stephen A. Smith. I'm sure you guys would love that.

It's not like he's actually working right now.

# 50 Po Pimp @ 07/31/09 12:38 PM
I must be the only guy to not care about playing in the D-League. So you play in the D-League and get called up, only to sit on the bench and not get any minutes, get cut and have to find another team, rinse and repeat.

# 51 DC @ 07/31/09 12:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared

That man was on the Steve HArvey morning show today

# 52 Pared @ 07/31/09 12:46 PM
Was he eating Cheese Doodles?

# 53 bowdown2shadi @ 07/31/09 01:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared

Good Luck Kwame Brown!

# 54 Gabeking17 @ 07/31/09 02:30 PM
Image 13 shows that the help defense doesn't seem improved much.. but it is a still picture. This looks good to me tho and I like the customization.

# 55 kenzil @ 07/31/09 03:16 PM
Association/Franchise guys...Are you excited for the Draft combine? I am big on association and I am not at all excited about this...maybe I am missing something. I am not all that concerned with 'career' mode. I would rather be able to create an entire draft class for each year in association and download into the game but it doesn't look like this is what it is...again, am I missing something?

# 56 DC @ 07/31/09 03:18 PM
^ Same here man. I hope there is a way to create draft classes and share/download them

# 57 KaptnKirk12 @ 07/31/09 05:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenzil
Association/Franchise guys...Are you excited for the Draft combine? I am big on association and I am not at all excited about this...maybe I am missing something. I am not all that concerned with 'career' mode. I would rather be able to create an entire draft class for each year in association and download into the game but it doesn't look like this is what it is...again, am I missing something?
I'm pretty big in the Association but I'm more pumped for a career type mode than anything. After awhile I'd just turn everything to CPU control (draft, signings, ect) and turn player lock and only play with a certain player.

Example. I played as Kirk Hinrich with Chicago, backing up Derrick Rose. I would only play when Hinrich was in the game, and I'd have player lock on him. I thought it was a blast, much more fun than playing with everyone because you get to play off ball defense, help set up plays, make your cuts, and set screens. Similar to the 5 on 5 online, but it's offline.

# 58 TheFiasco87 @ 07/31/09 06:25 PM
Why is everyone so down on career mode? If done right this will be hands down the greatest mode in a basketball videogame ever.

# 59 DC @ 07/31/09 07:06 PM
LOL @ HAnds down the greatest mode. I think Online Mode is much better than a career mode. If you want to coutn online as a mode (which it is)

# 60 KENYON06 @ 07/31/09 07:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenzil
I am not really that excited about career mode, but it has great implications for a guy like me. It means that the create a player became something they had to step up, and chances are, the game will play better with player lock, since they are focusing on the individual aspect of the game. Funny, I only play with player lock, but I don't really care that much about career..heh

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.