Home
NBA Live 10 News Post

EA has posted another NBA Live 10 blog, this one featuring presentation.

Quote:
"With still a few months until the game ships, the NBA LIVE 10 team is starting to pick up the pace and sharing more with the community. Is it enough? Is it ever enough??? Like you, I want to hear it all! Well, from what I'm being told there is a lot of great stuff that LIVE fans should be excited about and all the producers are on board with sharing their hard work with all of you from now until the game ships. This week, Presentation Producer Matt Lafreniere shares his thoughts on some of the new ways the team has enhanced the look and sound of the game.

I was going to start this thing off by posting some screenshots of a couple other pre-game rituals we have in the game this year, as I know there’s some speculation as to what ones we have other than the Dwight shimmy and the LeBron and KG chalk-ups. But, instead I’ll be showing some of these in a presentation/visuals video sometime next week. What a weak way to start out a blog, huh?"

Game: NBA Live 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PSP / Xbox 360Votes for game: 48 - View All
NBA Live 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 23 @ 07/31/09 09:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by theanswer34
So what happen to the guys who where saying how cartoony the graphics where, and how it looked like a ps2 game what was the lesson learned stop assuming.
theyll be here by monday to say some other silly phrase

# 22 WTF @ 07/31/09 09:53 PM
Yeah, that's what I was hoping for too... maybe see the new overlay. Possibly new scoreboard/placement, etc. I'm hoping they finally put the ESPN overaly back in. That would add a LOT in my eyes. Even if only for the "bigger" games of the season, put them on ESPN to add to it.

Hopefully with the "videos" Matt talked about that are coming next week will showcase some of the improvements.

# 23 Jamin23 @ 07/31/09 09:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbz06
Wow...Nelson, Lewis and Kobe look spot on from those angles. The detail is amazing. Carter does look a little chubby in the face, heh, but still good otherwise!
I was thinking that. The game looks good, but it looks like Carter gained a little weight in the face.

# 24 Jamin23 @ 07/31/09 10:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbz06
But we can't complain because it does look like him and he's recognizeable...you also gotta figure that 90% of the time during gameplay the camera is zoomed out
I'm not going to complain from the screens that we have seen a lot of players look dead on.

# 25 23 @ 07/31/09 10:01 PM
I think that might be mid expression, lol but it does look like he's growing a new chin

They should show me more pics to make me convinced that its really VC

# 26 Kully @ 07/31/09 10:02 PM
I think the shadows are playing a trick on VC's face lol.

The skin/hair textures look great too. I know it's a cutscene, but the models for the players look tons better than last year imo.

# 27 Jamin23 @ 07/31/09 10:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
I think that might be mid expression, lol but it does look like he's growing a new chin

They should show me more pics to make me convinced that its really VC
I agree!! More pics!!

# 28 zfinley @ 07/31/09 10:04 PM
Anyone know if that picture a WIP? or the final result. j/w

# 29 navyboy09 @ 07/31/09 10:06 PM
damn the graphics are the best live ever had. just look at the definition on jameer's arm. The presentation sounds like its gonna be good along with the commentary. Cant wait for gameplay vids.

# 30 23 @ 07/31/09 10:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jai-O
I think the shadows are playing a trick on VC's face lol.

The skin/hair textures look great too. I know it's a cutscene, but the models for the players look tons better than last year imo.
Quote:
There are no more cut-scenes. If a player gets fouled he’ll instantly react and we just trigger unique cameras to focus on him. If a player picks up a charge he’ll immediately show his frustration. We’ve added well over a couple of hundred animations this year.
see

# 31 Kully @ 07/31/09 10:08 PM
Missed that

I guess it's best if I talked more about what I meant. You know in 'other games', the replay mode or whatever it is seems to show more detail with the players? I'm assuming that since it's a cut to the player's reaction, that the game in motion won't look like that. That's probably stating the obvious, but it's what I was trying to say.

# 32 23 @ 07/31/09 10:14 PM
I'd be more inclined to say that if they were at halfcourt

# 33 23 @ 07/31/09 10:22 PM
Not this year they arent.... its all good to me

I just need to see more than that man... Santos' blog was more exciting because we got to see his work... this one was words and a bunch of youtube clips

I appreciate the info but man we need to have something to scrutinize so all of these bored dudes can stop swelling up over the size of other mens bodies

# 34 zfinley @ 07/31/09 10:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Not this year they arent.... its all good to me

I just need to see more than that man... Santos' blog was more exciting because we got to see his work... this one was words and a bunch of youtube clips

I appreciate the info but man we need to have something to scrutinize so all of these bored dudes can stop swelling up over the size of other mens bodies

Cant lie I was hopin one of those videos was like a clip of the actual game in motion about presentation.

# 35 green94 @ 07/31/09 10:26 PM
Sick!

# 36 Jamin23 @ 07/31/09 10:27 PM

# 37 KChow21 @ 07/31/09 10:29 PM
Man... the level of detail is amazing!

# 38 NoTiCe_O @ 07/31/09 10:30 PM
I like the Depth of Field they added this year, Kobe's blurry in the back while V.C, Nelson, and Lewis are all in focus

# 39 23 @ 07/31/09 10:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayAP19
How do you know that?

You can't tell what his face looks like even when it's enlarged... come on now...
i was talking about they arent using CGI...everything is the same, you were right

# 40 Ermolli @ 07/31/09 10:35 PM
Great blog. Those details are sick but the kits aren't so good

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.