Home
NBA Live 10 News Post

EA has posted another NBA Live 10 blog, this one featuring presentation.

Quote:
"With still a few months until the game ships, the NBA LIVE 10 team is starting to pick up the pace and sharing more with the community. Is it enough? Is it ever enough??? Like you, I want to hear it all! Well, from what I'm being told there is a lot of great stuff that LIVE fans should be excited about and all the producers are on board with sharing their hard work with all of you from now until the game ships. This week, Presentation Producer Matt Lafreniere shares his thoughts on some of the new ways the team has enhanced the look and sound of the game.

I was going to start this thing off by posting some screenshots of a couple other pre-game rituals we have in the game this year, as I know there’s some speculation as to what ones we have other than the Dwight shimmy and the LeBron and KG chalk-ups. But, instead I’ll be showing some of these in a presentation/visuals video sometime next week. What a weak way to start out a blog, huh?"

Game: NBA Live 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PSP / Xbox 360Votes for game: 48 - View All
NBA Live 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 thesniper321 @ 08/01/09 04:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbz06
on a 42" TV, the difference between 720p and 1080p is very minimal

either way, I'm pretty sure the game will be in 720p, just like most PS3 games.
yes that's true but right now in france there are not a lot HD channelon tv and a sd source on a 1080p screen is not really good, well you convinced me I'm going for a 720p/1080i thank you

# 102 krazyboy225 @ 08/01/09 04:29 PM
Damn ryan you got the wrong Palm markings on VC's palm... u call that detail....

i spit on lives graphics....

# 103 lindo9595 @ 08/01/09 05:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by krazyboy225
Damn ryan you got the wrong Palm markings on VC's palm... u call that detail....

i spit on lives graphics....
LOL. Who gets details on a player's palm.

# 104 krazyboy225 @ 08/01/09 05:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lindo9595
LOL. Who gets details on a player's palm.
Well they were talking so much about authenticity so you know i expected them to go above and beyond and get some detail on the palms..lol

am just playing btw....

but i bet you after sometime people will begin to nitpick things like that.

# 105 lindo9595 @ 08/01/09 05:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by krazyboy225
Well they were talking so much about authenticity so you know i expected them to go above and beyond and get some detail on the palms..lol

am just playing btw....

but i bet you after sometime people will begin to nitpick things like that.
Ya in like live 20

# 106 aholbert32 @ 08/01/09 05:58 PM
This blog was really good. I love the storylines commentary and the playoff crowds. Its a little unfair but in order to win me over they need to expand further than what 2k has done the PA announcer and arena sounds. Just getting up to par with 2k9 wont do it because its safe to assume that 2k has added more this year.

# 107 Da_Czar @ 08/01/09 06:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thmst30
I wasn't just trying to pick out problems though. They seemed pretty damn obvious to me. When you have a side-by-side comparison like that it's easy to immediately see the differences. It's also easy to see just how real everything looks as well. Overall it's solid. No complaints here, just throwing out a little feedback.
for me this aspect is all about community though. Guys like thmst help keep those things on point. When its done is a constructive manner it helps us all. It may not bother me but to someone else that can be an issue. When everyone focuses on their area of concern/ability/whatever that makes the complete product much better.

Its only when people start attacking with an agenda almost like they are trying to ruin the game for people trying to enjoy it that I could see having a problem with that. ( i have no problem with people pointing out flaws in the appropriate thread)

I just hope to heck we don't let this place crumble into the debacle that has been the madden forum. Stay on em mist even though sometimes I don't mind my womans ankles being ashy ....LOL

# 108 Jamin23 @ 08/01/09 06:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
This blog was really good. I love the storylines commentary and the playoff crowds. Its a little unfair but in order to win me over they need to expand further than what 2k has done the PA announcer and arena sounds. Just getting up to par with 2k9 wont do it because its safe to assume that 2k has added more this year.
I think that they have added a lot this year. 2k probably did add more in the arena sounds category. Live though put some sound in there that are not in 2k9 like the we want tacos chant and announcing for pizza in Toronto. I also don't remember the Rocky!!Rocky!!Rocky chant being in 2k and there are probably a lot more that are not in nba 2k. I also believe that in live 11, 12, 13, and on they will expand on the arena specific sounds. Although 2k already had this I think it is very cool that live has added these and it really makes each arena feel different.

# 109 thmst30 @ 08/01/09 06:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
for me this aspect is all about community though. Guys like thmst help keep those things on point. When its done is a constructive manner it helps us all. It may not bother me but to someone else that can be an issue. When everyone focuses on their area of concern/ability/whatever that makes the complete product much better.

Its only when people start attacking with an agenda almost like they are trying to ruin the game for people trying to enjoy it that I could see having a problem with that. ( i have no problem with people pointing out flaws in the appropriate thread)

I just hope to heck we don't let this place crumble into the debacle that has been the madden forum. Stay on em mist even though sometimes I don't mind my womans ankles being ashy ....LOL
You must be new here. You're supposed to jump to conclusions. Quit wasting our time with your well thought out posts.

# 110 Meechie1013 @ 08/01/09 06:40 PM
Quote:
Damn guys lay off. I was not sitting there just hoping to find errors. I just saw them immediately and I simply pointed them out. I also know it's not a big deal at all, because as I stated in both posts the overall package still looks damn impressive. Quit trying to label me as a nitpicker. Plus there is nothing wrong with wanting the jerseys to be as accurate as possible. I just won't dwell on it and complain about it every single time like a true nitpicker would.
Well dude that i know of, why the hell are you the only one that pointed out that the logo is to small compared to a real shot?? Come on man. You do waste post when nit-picking at things like that. Watch how when we see the First Gameplay Video, people aren't going to be paying attention to that DAMN LOGO!!! Your very weird i say. People are going to be paying attention to the players faces, the gameplay, listen to the crowd sounds and more!!! Other then that i loove this pic. Although Kobe is blurry, he looks more like Kobe this year. Nelson is dead on from the side view and of course V-C is to. Can't wait til next week for allll that good info.

# 111 Meechie1013 @ 08/01/09 06:42 PM
Quote:
You must be new here. You're supposed to jump to conclusions. Quit wasting our time with your well thought out posts.
Maaaaaan WTF you tlking about? lol. He been here since 2002, you 2005..... Have you not seen his videos???

# 112 thmst30 @ 08/01/09 06:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meechie1013
Maaaaaan WTF you tlking about? lol. He been here since 2002, you 2005..... Have you not seen his videos???
Wow, I give up. If you read that post and took it seriously then...... Live forums are the touchiest forums on OS apparently.

# 113 thmst30 @ 08/01/09 06:49 PM
Quote:
Well dude that i know of, why the hell are you the only one that pointed out that the logo is to small compared to a real shot?? Come on man. You do waste post when nit-picking at things like that. Watch how when we see the First Gameplay Video, people aren't going to be paying attention to that DAMN LOGO!!! Your very weird i say. People are going to be paying attention to the players faces, the gameplay, listen to the crowd sounds and more!!! Other then that i loove this pic. Although Kobe is blurry, he looks more like Kobe this year. Nelson is dead on from the side view and of course V-C is to. Can't wait til next week for allll that good info.
Forget it. You have no idea what you are talking about. I'm through trying to explain myself to a bunch of guys on a forum who think they know what I was trying to do with that post, but in reality are completely ****ing wrong. I'm so sorry that I may have slightly offended the precious Live 10.

# 114 mikenoob @ 08/01/09 06:52 PM
Quote:
Wow, I give up. If you read that post and took it seriously then...... Live forums are the touchiest forums on OS apparently.
It's not just the live forums, there's a few in about every section. Anyways, I think the graphics and presentation are solid. Hopefully, gameplay is on par with everything else.

# 115 thmst30 @ 08/01/09 06:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayAP19
I showed some guy I know the VC/Shard/Lewis pic, and all he could say about it was "Vince looks old and fat." Not even a "but the pic looks extremely good otherwise." That seriously annoyed me-- not even people on OS are that anal
IMO he doesn't look old or fat. Just a bit chubby in the face due to a facial expression. I bet he looks fine in normal pics.

# 116 Bornindamecca @ 08/01/09 07:10 PM
Vince looks chubby because of the crease at the corner of his mouth and the convex of his cheek. Everything else is well done. This pic is the best graphics I've seen in a basketball game. Gorgeous art.

SMH to the people talking about Kobe being too far to be recognizable. Because of body language and overall facial construction, we are able to recognize likenesses from very far away with very little information on features. Likenesses go wrong at the skull and proportions, which you don't need to be close up to see.

I can't wait to see the finished product for this game.

# 117 Jamin23 @ 08/01/09 07:28 PM
We tend to forget that Vince is showing a facial expression. That is why he looks fat in the face.

# 118 krazyboy225 @ 08/01/09 07:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamin23
We tend to forget that Vince is showing a facial expression. That is why he looks fat in the face.
Yup....

# 119 Meechie1013 @ 08/01/09 08:21 PM
Quote:
IMO he doesn't look old or fat. Just a bit chubby in the face due to a facial expression. I bet he looks fine in normal pics.
Sorry dude, but anyway, all people really do is gotta look at the first trailer, even though its old. Just look at V-C'S fae from when he dunks the ball and fall. His face is not even fat there lol. So thats just a face expression like everyones saying. So we are getting "presentation", "gameplay" videos AND news/pics from Diamond Mag all next week????

# 120 thmst30 @ 08/01/09 08:32 PM
Quote:
Sorry dude, but anyway, all people really do is gotta look at the first trailer, even though its old. Just look at V-C'S fae from when he dunks the ball and fall. His face is not even fat there lol. So thats just a face expression like everyones saying. So we are getting "presentation", "gameplay" videos AND news/pics from Diamond Mag all next week????
I hope so! Sounds like next week might be a media blowout for Live 10. There could be loads of new screens and videos for me to nitpick!

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.