Home
NBA 2K10 News Post

Gamespot has posted their first look at NBA 2K10.

Quote:
"The first time you hit the court in NBA 2K10, something might look a bit different. Yes, you'll notice things like the improved player likenesses, including animated faces, better skin textures, and greater lighting effects. But you might also notice a sense of space on the hardwood that simply wasn't present in previous iterations. As developers put it to me, that's because the proportions between player size and the floor had gotten a bit out of whack in older games, resulting in players that were slightly larger than in real life. The team took a look at all of the player models in NBA 2K10 and made size adjustments across the board, with the result of having a slightly more open feel to the play on the court.

Of course, correcting player proportions is just one of the issues addressed in this year's game. As gameplay producer Rob Jones told me, the team wanted to address animations in a comprehensive way this year. To that end, Jones said his mo-cap team captured something in the realm of 9,000 animations during the mo-cap sessions for 2K10. And while not all of those animations were entered into this year's game, a good chunk have either replaced older animations or been added to the game. As he put it, if an animation is pre-NBA 2K9, it had less than a 50 percent chance of making it into NBA 2K10. Part of that new animation philosophy had to do with providing further definition between players. Naturally, a point guard will have access to a different set of moves than a massive center, but developers didn't stop there. They also wanted to capture the differences between how a 7-foot player moves from how a 6-foot-9-inch player gets around the court. As a result, Yao Ming will move like Yao (assuming he ever plays again, that is), Nene will move like Nene, and Steve Nash will do his thing."

Game: NBA 2K10Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 74 - View All
NBA 2K10 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Sovartus @ 08/05/09 09:13 PM
Ok, I'm confused. What looks so different from 2K9? Yeah I see that they added some different looks in the menus but the graphics look the same to me. Forgive me but I'm not all that excited about the new gimicky features. I want to see if the sliding is gone. I want to see if the online server actually works this year. I want to see if the AI actually rotates on defense instead of just standing around like a bunch of idiots. I want to see some physics and collision detection. (I know that's all gameplay related) I'm just not really impressed yet so the screenshots are a waste of time for me.

I can understand that they are trying to make it look like they are at different parts of the court but the players look like they aren't really standing on the court. It looks a little weird to me.

Just my opinion.

# 22 jmood88 @ 08/05/09 09:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sovartus
Ok, I'm confused. What looks so different from 2K9? Yeah I see that they added some different looks in the menus but the graphics look the same to me. Forgive me but I'm not all that excited about the new gimicky features. I want to see if the sliding is gone. I want to see if the online server actually works this year. I want to see if the AI actually rotates on defense instead of just standing around like a bunch of idiots. I want to see some physics and collision detection. (I know that's all gameplay related) I'm just not really impressed yet so the screenshots are a waste of time for me.

I can understand that they are trying to make it look like they are at different parts of the court but the players look like they aren't really standing on the court. It looks a little weird to me.

Just my opinion.
If you actually read the article and complain that everything is gimmicky then there was no chance that you were going to buy the game anyway.

# 23 elev8rmuzik @ 08/05/09 09:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sovartus

Just my opinion.
It's a preview

# 24 Kully @ 08/05/09 09:16 PM
I just hope the use of 82games.com is better than the Insider last year.

Still waiting on videos for both games, but it sounds like 2K did add a bunch of stuff that guys have been asking for here.

# 25 SageInfinite @ 08/05/09 09:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by noshun
Exactly! Luv Mist, Sage where are you two?
I checked in already, lol. Just finished reading and the game is sounding amazing so far. I can't wait to see what else they have up their sleeves. So far it seems like they addressed everything I had a problem with. Still have to see it in motion(gameplay), but it sounds like they've done it once again. I hope they've won me back this year. This looks like it's shaping up to be a GREAT year for hoops fans.

# 26 Shakedowncapo @ 08/05/09 09:18 PM
Covered so much... But was hoping to see something about player movement.

# 27 TheBadazz @ 08/05/09 09:19 PM
I'm happy that both games are shaping up to be better than the year before. The graphics debate is useless (everybody has their opinion) I'm glad they finally remove old animations and improving commentary. I guees it's time to go preorder.

# 28 NINJAK2 @ 08/05/09 09:21 PM
I hope that 2k didn't leave the Rockets insignia on Ron's head....

# 29 Furq @ 08/05/09 09:21 PM
Game looks to be coming along nicely.

Live looks better graphically in the few screens I saw, but 2k isn't bad. With the new animations it'll be better in motion anyways.

Although Live is looking nice too I'll be buying 2k again. Just too familiar with the series and they are making nice improvements

# 30 Teddy_Long @ 08/05/09 09:21 PM
sage, i just wonder are we going to see real perimeter help D? The graphics weren't the problem with me. I want to see some real help perimeter D on 2 man screen rolls/penetration. The corners should come open on the two-man game with penetration by the dribbler.

# 31 ehh @ 08/05/09 09:23 PM
Quote:
But you might also notice a sense of space on the hardwood that simply wasn't present in previous iterations. As developers put it to me, that's because the proportions between player size and the floor had gotten a bit out of whack in older games, resulting in players that were slightly larger than in real life. The team took a look at all of the player models in NBA 2K10 and made size adjustments across the board, with the result of having a slightly more open feel to the play on the court.
This is huge news for me, I wasn't even going to consider 2K10 unless this issue was addressed and it's impressive that it's mentioned in the very first news about the game. Looks like I'll be getting both NBA games this year.

# 32 RICH72601 @ 08/05/09 09:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NINJAK2
I hope that 2k didn't leave the Rockets insignia on Ron's head....
Lol. They actually could've left that design out of his head, seeing it was just something he did in the playoffs.

# 33 thmst30 @ 08/05/09 09:24 PM
Wasn't expecting to be this pleased with the article. There was a ton of new info, and it all sounded great (Court Spacing, updated animations/commentary, D-League and Summer League!!!!!). Now I just need to see this thing in some gameplay videos. Both Live and 2K talking a big game as always, but which one can actually put those words in action? Hopefully both.

# 34 TheBadazz @ 08/05/09 09:26 PM
I can see it now. (In My Player mode) "Coach how did I do?" "Son you're cut, take your *** to the D-league!" Pure bliss!

# 35 SageInfinite @ 08/05/09 09:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddy_Long
sage, i just wonder are we going to see real perimeter help D? The graphics weren't the problem with me. I want to see some real help perimeter D on 2 man screen rolls/penetration. The corners should come open on the two-man game with penetration by the dribbler.
Yea I hope so too. I'm still hoping 2k can win me back with its gameplay. 2k already had an incredible game to look at(2k9), I want an incredible game to play now. Hopefully they can provide it.

# 36 alexgamez122 @ 08/05/09 09:28 PM
2k Wins again, They Got My Money

# 37 youvalss @ 08/05/09 09:28 PM
I can see that 2K took the wishlist very seriously. I'm very pleased after reading the article.

# 38 jmood88 @ 08/05/09 09:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tehova
summer league - check
d league - check
draft class - check
career mode - check
player spacing - (alleged check)
82 games tendencies - check

and they say 2k doesnt interact with the community

(this thread is about to do numbers, i wish i could invest in thread stock)
Gotta keep this on each page so the trolls can't say that they didn't see anything good in the article.

# 39 akiracy @ 08/05/09 09:30 PM
there is noticably less jaggies on the player models/jerseys this year

# 40 demencia_total @ 08/05/09 09:32 PM
If they deliver on the player's defensive logic and offensive tendencies, then I'm in day one. The feature list looks impressive, the graphics look great and hopefully the gameplay will follow suit.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.