Home
NBA 2K10 News Post

Gamespot has posted their first look at NBA 2K10.

Quote:
"The first time you hit the court in NBA 2K10, something might look a bit different. Yes, you'll notice things like the improved player likenesses, including animated faces, better skin textures, and greater lighting effects. But you might also notice a sense of space on the hardwood that simply wasn't present in previous iterations. As developers put it to me, that's because the proportions between player size and the floor had gotten a bit out of whack in older games, resulting in players that were slightly larger than in real life. The team took a look at all of the player models in NBA 2K10 and made size adjustments across the board, with the result of having a slightly more open feel to the play on the court.

Of course, correcting player proportions is just one of the issues addressed in this year's game. As gameplay producer Rob Jones told me, the team wanted to address animations in a comprehensive way this year. To that end, Jones said his mo-cap team captured something in the realm of 9,000 animations during the mo-cap sessions for 2K10. And while not all of those animations were entered into this year's game, a good chunk have either replaced older animations or been added to the game. As he put it, if an animation is pre-NBA 2K9, it had less than a 50 percent chance of making it into NBA 2K10. Part of that new animation philosophy had to do with providing further definition between players. Naturally, a point guard will have access to a different set of moves than a massive center, but developers didn't stop there. They also wanted to capture the differences between how a 7-foot player moves from how a 6-foot-9-inch player gets around the court. As a result, Yao Ming will move like Yao (assuming he ever plays again, that is), Nene will move like Nene, and Steve Nash will do his thing."

Game: NBA 2K10Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 74 - View All
NBA 2K10 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 bateman11 @ 08/05/09 11:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican
Yea just give the dude more responsibilities. WHY? I really think 2K did thise to upset me for crying about their dumb dunks for all of these years. It is ok, everyone will suffer. Not just me.

I am buying Live if this dude is in charge of rosters. I put my life on it
You do realize it was a joke right...lol

# 102 DC @ 08/05/09 11:36 PM
Yes I knew it was a joke Batman

# 103 The 24th Letter @ 08/05/09 11:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bateman11
You do realize it was a joke right...lol
it doesnt matter man lol

anyway, so 82 games will be in charge of the tendencies? I cant wait to see some peoples heads will explode when they disagree w\ a tendencie..

# 104 ProfessaPackMan @ 08/05/09 11:38 PM
Damn you KNOW it's a serious deal if DC is considering buying Live lol.

I remember the days(on other forums)that he would say that Live was evil and even got on others who would play or even consider getting Live lol.

# 105 The 24th Letter @ 08/05/09 11:40 PM
do you realize how many dunk threads in the Live forum there will be?

# 106 bateman11 @ 08/05/09 11:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican
Yes I knew it was a joke Batman
get the name right =/

# 107 jmood88 @ 08/05/09 11:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan

I remember the days(on other forums)that he would say that Live was evil and even got on others who would play or even consider getting Live lol.
lol I need to see these posts of his.

# 108 jmood88 @ 08/05/09 11:49 PM
I didn't even know you could cut parts of one thread and make another one, that's cool.

# 109 ProfessaPackMan @ 08/05/09 11:53 PM
Jmood, to answer your post from the other thread: trust me, if I could I'd show em to you man lol.

# 110 portlandblazer @ 08/05/09 11:56 PM
10th anniversary????

does 2k need to go back to first grade and learn how to count?

2k,2k1,2k2,2k3,2k4,2k5,2k6,2k7,2k8,2k9,2k10. unless i forgot how to count that is 11!

# 111 blingballa333 @ 08/06/09 12:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by portlandblazer
10th anniversary????

does 2k need to go back to first grade and learn how to count?

2k,2k1,2k2,2k3,2k4,2k5,2k6,2k7,2k8,2k9,2k10. unless i forgot how to count that is 11!
Why would you count NBA 2k. You celebrate your first anniversary after the first year passes.

# 112 jmood88 @ 08/06/09 12:07 AM
And it's the 10th year anniversary. The first 2k came out in 1999.

# 113 dom1nat3_24/7 @ 08/06/09 12:08 AM
makin my first post....the game looks ok so far....could do somethin diff with graphics maybe....i also read the article as well and the features sound nice but maybe they're over doin it jus a lil bit......also known as good marketing.

# 114 Artman22 @ 08/06/09 12:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan

Live has a lot more to prove then 2k anyday. When I see and play live, and feel the animations are smooth and human-like, then I may consider it..

# 115 jmood88 @ 08/06/09 12:14 AM
Quote:
i also read the article as well and the features sound nice but maybe they're over doin it jus a lil bit......also known as good marketing.
lol what?

# 116 Pared @ 08/06/09 12:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tehova
summer league - check
d league - check
draft class - check
career mode - check
player spacing - (alleged check)
82 games tendencies - check

and they say 2k doesnt interact with the community

(this thread is about to do numbers, i wish i could invest in thread stock)
But but... 2k doesn't listen to their fans?????

# 117 Stumbleweed @ 08/06/09 12:15 AM
All I gotta say is that I'm really excited about a career mode in both games, but 2K HAS TO get their **** together with the servers. 5-on-5 is completely ridiculous... it hasn't gotten much better even though the numbers playing are way down. Horrible. And I'm really looking forward to that, so I'll be livid if they have the same issues again this year.

# 118 jmood88 @ 08/06/09 12:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
But but... 2k doesn't listen to their fans?????
If only they would do blogs then we would know that they listen to us.

# 119 Pared @ 08/06/09 12:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
If only they would do blogs then we would know that they listen to us.
Blogs don't matter if I don't have a pink name giving me a high five while I read the boards. I need that reassurance.

# 120 dom1nat3_24/7 @ 08/06/09 12:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
lol what?
all im sayin is both live and 2k add fancy animations and words to their articles for marketing and want consumers to get the games... none of these things are for sure and promising until you play the final product oct. 6th......ppl shouldnt judge anything until oct. 6

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.