Home
NBA Live 10 News Post

EA has thrown up another NBA Live 10 blog. This one talks about player movement.

Quote:
"It’s time to talk about NBA player movement. No, I’m not talking about this year’s crazy off season of free agency and trades (I still can’t believe how much the top teams improved). When I say player movement, I’m talking about the motion of the individual players on the court. It’s no secret that NBA players are some of the most graceful and fluid athletes in the world with their explosiveness, agility, and co-ordination.

Past versions of NBA LIVE haven’t been known for having the most fluid and authentic player movement. We wanted to change all that for NBA LIVE 10 and it all started with our new approach to MoCap. I’ll blog about that at a later date so I won’t get into details but I will say that we brought in a bunch of NBA talent to make sure we were getting the most authentic motion possible. It was critical that the guys we brought into the studio moved closer to what you’re used to seeing in real life.

So, when we were capturing movement we paid special attention to off ball motion, ball handling, and guarding the basketball. Our focus was on getting the off ball motion to a level where it was more believable and authentic than any basketball game on the market. We wanted to see the players in Live cutting to the basket, curling the baseline, spotting up for scoring chances, and spacing the court.

The videos below give you guys an idea of the type of animations that we put into LIVE 10."

Game: NBA Live 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PSP / Xbox 360Votes for game: 48 - View All
NBA Live 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 youngfaze01 @ 08/07/09 05:20 PM
LMAO it's funny to see how high expectations can do to someone. I witnessed that in the first couple of pages, and it was funny to me. Very interesting info though and it is "gameplay" guys. And there is one more piece of information if we're lucky so, don't feel so down fellas. Thanks Steph, for the info and communicating with us. Greatly appreciated.

# 62 PuntNL @ 08/07/09 05:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
Guys will complain regardless. Live team keep doing what you're doing.
Co-sign that!

Really like the movements we got to see... Great Blog!

# 63 Goffs @ 08/07/09 05:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wsu_gb23
LIVE would have to show me something to persuade me to buy it. 2K has gotten my money for the last 10 years. No persuasion needed.
this! i actually need to see all the movement in a gameplay footage...1 vs 1 or cpu please..

# 64 Da-Man @ 08/07/09 05:34 PM
Well i see EA has finally destroyed all of those robots they were using for mo-cap in the past few years. Very impressed with what iv seen so far.

# 65 23bluesman @ 08/07/09 05:35 PM
Those looked nice, esp the cut and curl animations. With the authentic team plays there's potential for the halfcourt game to be truly something special.

I have a concern though, while they looked fluid and nice, the cut and curl also looked like long, drawn-out animations. I have no problem with that when I'm controlling just the ball handler. But I wonder how you'll be able to control those cuts and curls when when using off-ball or in OTP for example..

# 66 Stumbleweed @ 08/07/09 05:38 PM
I would assume that the long scripted off-ball animations would only be done by the computer. If you're playing OTP off-ball, the angle, speed, and cut directions would all be up to you and the new L-stick movement system -- seems like that system takes into account cutting, etc. pretty well, so it should look good.

# 67 Lordtime @ 08/07/09 05:38 PM
@23bluesman It looked drawn out because of the court spacing and he was probably running around imaginary screens and such. We'll see when they release a gameplay gameplay vid.

Edit: Damn you stumble, you beat me to the punch lol

# 68 TracerBullet @ 08/07/09 05:39 PM
Some of you guys had too high of expectations lol. I like what I saw in this blog. I just wanna know what the last bit of info is this week.

# 69 FearlessKaz @ 08/07/09 05:39 PM
I'm always skeptical with these kinds of videos. If you go back to when they first introduced Lives footplanting tech it looked nothing like what you actually saw in game; it looked a lot smoother in there conference video.

I'm definitely willing to give you guys the benefit of the doubt though, and IF you were actually able to get this fluidity coupled with the foot planting we're in store for some crazy good user control. That..plus the cutting to the basket/spotting up look insanely good. I just really hope it all comes together in the end.

# 70 fLyGuY JuSa3 @ 08/07/09 05:48 PM
Damn i guess u cant please everybody lol
I was impressed with the videos......

# 71 23bluesman @ 08/07/09 05:49 PM
That short 5v5 clip looked really good man. Look at the way (animation) the offensive player on the left corner went back to his position after the second cut..it's those little things that when added up will truly make this game look authentic.

# 72 XxX syntax XxX @ 08/07/09 06:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23bluesman
That short 5v5 clip looked really good man. Look at the way (animation) the offensive player on the left baseline went back to his position after the second cut..it's those little things that when added up will truly make this game look authentic.
Yeap and people still hatin on the vids..My imo everything looks good

# 73 navyboy09 @ 08/07/09 06:13 PM
is the controls in the videos a combination of the left stick and the right thumbstick like jeff said in the blog? or is it just using the left stick only to show what u can do with it?

# 74 kurt2134 @ 08/07/09 06:21 PM
The player movement is night and day better than past Lives. It's a lot smoother and realistic. After seeing these I'm more convinced that Live will be really good this year.

# 75 Greene_Flash03 @ 08/07/09 06:25 PM
Relax guys...Remember Steph said there's one more thing coming today... I have a feeling it's a short 5 vs 5 gameplay video...But im not getting my hopes up...Im just saying...

I'm so glad about this blog/video! Very impressive indeed!

love the spacing animations! It's crazy! Now I want to see how the players collides...I guess we'll have to wait next week for that...

# 76 Greene_Flash03 @ 08/07/09 06:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by authentic24
did ya'll see the producer interview omfg that **** is crazy hott. omg. that **** looks super hott.
What interview?

# 77 NELL86 @ 08/07/09 06:31 PM
Theres gameplay video on gametrailers so calm down people live is back

# 78 Behindshadows @ 08/07/09 06:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by authentic24
After watching that I want this game now, amazing turn around with a full year of M.Wang...amazing simply amazing!

# 79 KidHypeTellem @ 08/07/09 06:51 PM
I loved the D.Rose comparison. He was like a crazy man in 09, 2010 he looked like an NBA player who new what they were doing. Man I can't wait to play both games!

# 80 ai2k2 @ 08/07/09 06:53 PM
Let's not forget the mo cap with NBA players... Multiple. I can't wait to find out who they were... P.s Is the video on youtube yet???

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.