Home
NBA Live 10 News Post

Hey everyone, since NBA Live 10 is now looming, the developers want to answer some questions that you all have about the game. OS will be doing more than one of these Q&A sessions, so we're going to try and concentrate the questions on specific parts of a game, rather than just have each Q&A session be a smorgasbord of topics.

So, this Q&A session will revolve around GAMEPLAY and ANYTHING RELATING TO THE VIDEOS/IMAGES THAT HAVE BEEN RELEASED THUS FAR. So if you have questions about those topics, POST THEM IN HERE, and I will forward quite a few of them to the developers. After that, expect a front-page story that has the answers from the developers.

NBA Live 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA Live 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NBA Live 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PSP / Xbox 360Votes for game: 48 - View All
NBA Live 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 terpsbball10 @ 08/10/09 04:58 PM
How is passing this year...and also do players like kobe and lebron have their post up fadeaways?

# 22 KChow21 @ 08/10/09 05:34 PM
Have you guys improved the post-up area of the game?

# 23 youngfaze01 @ 08/10/09 05:50 PM
Is there going to be a shot stick (optional)??

# 24 Muzyk23 @ 08/10/09 05:52 PM
you've redone the rebounding but what about passing? is it crisp, quick and effective? are there touch passes, quick passes on the fastbreak, is there variety (as you proclaim more control) of passes to choose from by the user (bounce, lob, regular)?

has blocking been improved? 2k has it perfect, so is it 2kish?

# 25 Blazix @ 08/10/09 06:59 PM
Has Defense, especially blocks and steals been improved?
If they have then how so

Will there be some players who have a better advantage at grabbing loose balls during Hustle plays?

Have more signature shot styles been added? Are there signature sizeup moves?

# 26 DGrove @ 08/10/09 07:09 PM
I realized in the videos how rims arent bending when players dunk.. will this be fixed?

In Dynasty mode, I read somewhere that you will not be able to use more than one user and therefore you cannot play a 2 player dynasty with a friend. Is this accurate?

If you face a team like the Thunder and say I am the Lakers. Will I be able to blow them out because my team is far better? If I am the lakers and I face the Celtics will it be a game that goes down to the wire. I bought 2k9 last year and I realized how cheap the CPU was, will the CPU in live be challenging but not so cheap to where I cant win or there are far tom many blow outs?

Are buzzer shots emphasized this year? WHere if i have a player who has been hot all game they will have a chance a making a game winning shot.. How will the crowd react to a buzzer beater.

On the defensive end, are blocks much to prevalent. They were to prevalent on 2k9.

Lastly, I was hoping if you can tell me how much improved the graphics are compared to last years live or 2k9

Thanx

# 27 FearlessKaz @ 08/10/09 08:26 PM
How much emphasis was put on the defensive game this year? Nothing seemed to differentiate the good defensive players and the bad ones last year.

While posting up in the paint a player would ALYWAYS come to double up, has this been removed or altered at all?

# 28 Greene_Flash03 @ 08/11/09 12:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KChow21
Have you guys improved the post-up area of the game?
Beat me to it! haha

In addition, does Shaq, DHoward, etc has their own moves in the post?

- Are there more stats overlays in game? I didn't like the stats overlay in 09, It was too small..
- Ball physics (when passing) fixed in live 10?
- Are the dunk/lay up animations this year are more fluid than last year?

# 29 Shakedowncapo @ 08/11/09 02:39 AM
Howard has post moves? Could have fooled me.

# 30 l_rob_the_great32 @ 08/11/09 02:41 AM
Will things like tatoos be updated during the course of the season?

Will the stars stand out this year?

Will certain player have an x-factor effect on the game?

Will defensive rotations be more realistic? For instance willyou see players scrambling to get back to there man after leaving from the help side?

Will injuries occur during gamplay?

# 31 jstnw89 @ 08/11/09 03:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakedowncapo
Howard has post moves? Could have fooled me.
He could barely catch/hold on to the damn ball in the post during the finals

# 32 KChow21 @ 08/11/09 04:35 AM
What improvements have been made to the defensive side of the game? We've heard a lot about offense and defense tends to go unnoticed in sports games

# 33 marcoyk @ 08/11/09 07:25 AM
Signature post moves, dribbling, and shots?

# 34 gmac0322 @ 08/11/09 07:39 AM
Are the substitution patterns finally going to be fixed? I am tired of seeing teams putting back up pg at center.

# 35 the croz 1027 @ 08/11/09 08:26 AM
Hi, I have been avid 2K over the last several years but was impressed by some of Lives enhancements last year and believe Live may take over as the premier basketball game in 2010. With that being said, I love online play, in particular leagues. This was an area lacking last year. Can you share what has been added to enhance online leagues this year and most importantly PLEASE tell me you can play an 82 game schedule. For people liking a sim game, this is an absolutely must that I was shocked to find you could not do last year. Thanks and good work.

# 36 tanner99 @ 08/11/09 08:46 AM
was this thread a joke?? lol.

# 37 bdot33 @ 08/11/09 09:12 AM
If a user is blowing out the computer, will the user begin to miss dunks and layups in order to help the cpu get back into the game?

# 38 bonannogiovanni @ 08/11/09 09:12 AM
Two questions:

Is it possible to make a shot from mid-long range that's not always "nothing but net", like it was in 09, that as soon as you hit the rim you knew you were going to miss it?

Has the free throw mechanics changed this year? IMO last year it was horrible.

Thanks

# 39 Mamba94 @ 08/11/09 09:37 AM
Will that be possible to play a complete season in Be a pro mode ?

# 40 jlbrown143 @ 08/11/09 10:21 AM
two words "VIDEO TUTORIALS"

can you please bring back tutorials and not make us have to wait on some one that doesn't even work for your company to make necessary tutorials that you guys can make....(you guys do such a better job...thanks) it helps us get a better feel of the controls..at least for me it does.....lol

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.