Home
NBA 2K10: Draft Combine News Post

2K Sports Signs Chicago Bulls' Derrick Rose as Spokesman
for the NBA 2K10: Draft Combine Downloadable Game

Chicago’s finest brings his award-winning Rookie
experience to NBA 2K10: Draft Combine

New York, NY – August 11, 2009 – 2K Sports announced today that rising NBA star, Derrick Rose of the Chicago Bulls, will be featured as the spokesman for NBA® 2K10: Draft Combine, a download-only title that will provide fans with an immersive pre-season basketball experience leading up to the fall launch of NBA 2K10. Rose, the 2009 T-Mobile NBA Rookie of the Year, has quickly become one of the most electrifying playmakers in the league, and this season NBA 2K10: Draft Combine will tap into Rose’s personal knowledge and experience training for the NBA Draft.

“It’s a great feeling to partner with 2K Sports and represent the greatest basketball franchise on the planet,” said Rose, point guard for the Chicago Bulls. “I look forward to providing my insights of what that first year in the league is really like, and what it takes to stay on top of your game. This season, NBA 2K10: Draft Combine will be a place where fans can experience the life of a player trying to make it to the NBA. The drills are challenging, and the group scrimmages are always extremely competitive with everyone looking to improve their draft stock as well. It’s as real as it gets.”

Rose, who led the University of Memphis to the NCAA Championship game in his freshman year, was selected the top overall pick by his hometown Chicago Bulls in the 2008 NBA Draft after only one college season. This past year, he averaged 16.8 points, 6.3 assists, and 3.9 rebounds per game and was selected to the NBA All-Rookie First Team. Additionally, Rose led the Chicago Bulls back to the NBA playoffs, and his 36 points tied Kareem Abdul-Jabbar’s NBA record for the most points scored by a rookie in his playoff debut.

“Derrick is the perfect fit to be our spokesman for NBA 2K10: Draft Combine,” said Greg Thomas, senior vice president of sports development for 2K. “Not only is he one of the most dynamic young playmakers in the NBA today, he’s the pride of Chicago, where the real NBA Draft Combine is located. We look forward to working closely with Derrick this season, and are thrilled to offer our fans a brand new pre-season basketball experience with NBA 2K10: Draft Combine.”

In NBA 2K10: Draft Combine, fans will begin their career at the ATTACK Athletics gym in Chicago by building their own custom player and working with a mentor, the 2K Insider, to step up their game through a variety of challenging basketball drills and 5-on-5 games to increase their NBA draft stock. The greater a player excels at a particular drill, or in completing specific game objectives, the more valuable skill points they will receive which can be used to improve one of over 30 key player attributes. Fans can then take their custom built players in NBA 2K10: Draft Combine and use them in the all-new My Player career mode in NBA 2K10 launching this fall, allowing them to continue their journey toward becoming an NBA legend.

NBA 2K10: Draft Combine, developed by Visual Concepts, is planned for release in North America, Hong Kong, Singapore, Taiwan and India on August 26 for Xbox LIVE® Arcade for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft (400 Microsoft Points), and North America and Korea on September 3 for the PlayStation®Network for PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system ($4.99). For more information about NBA 2K10: Draft Combine, please visit http://www.2ksports.com/games/nba2k10dc.

Game: NBA 2K10: Draft CombineReader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 2 - View All
NBA 2K10: Draft Combine Videos
Member Comments
# 41 Nodima @ 08/12/09 05:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
I think the drills are against the computer but there was something announced somewhere that said you can take your guy online to compete against others.

Looks like a complete online D-League made up of us. It's not just about the NBA Players anymore... take your created guy and go up against other created guys.

I truly hope I am not wrong. Of course this is all speculation... but that's the impression I'm getting by the keywords being used in the articles and press releases. Would love this if it were true.

Yes, they mention every mode is online this year. So this speculation seems reasonable though without much to back it yet.

# 42 DC @ 08/12/09 05:39 PM
So if there is going to be ONE draft; EVERYONE will be competiting for 60 spots?

# 43 yungflo @ 08/12/09 11:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tehova
Spokesman

Im gone leave that alone
LOL. I was thinking the same thing.

# 44 yungflo @ 08/12/09 11:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabric
Are you absolutely sure that you can pay with a European credit card on a US PSN account?
PSN cards. I think they wre recently announced in europe

# 45 KaptnKirk12 @ 08/13/09 12:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican
So if there is going to be ONE draft; EVERYONE will be competiting for 60 spots?
No.

The only reason you will upload your player to the 2k server is to play the 5 on 5 pick up games against other players who have done the same.

The draft part is the "My Player" mode where you do your drills, go to the combine, summer league to get drafted onto a team.

The only question I really have is, if I upload one guy to play online. What happens when I get tired with playing with him? Can I replace him with a new guy?

# 46 deetoman @ 08/13/09 12:19 AM
Yeah I do think a lot of yall are wrong about this "My Player" mode.....The only reason you will be going online is to upload your player and play pick up game to earn points.......My guess is that the "My Player" is a career mode.....And its been said you can upload different players to the 2k server but you can only pick one player during the "My Player" mode.

# 47 Nodima @ 08/13/09 03:44 AM
When the game itself is out I'd imagine you'll be able to upload as many characters as you want (probably only one at a time, but you can rotate them or something like that like save files). I think the upload/created player ratio is only really an issue for the Draft Combine game, since you won't get to have those other players.

The only barrier to this that I can think of is if you create the player within the mode, and don't/can't export him out of it for use in exhibition/online rosters. We'll see, all speculation.

# 48 Po Pimp @ 08/13/09 04:01 AM
Is there a possibility that my player gets drafted number 1 and he comes in with the burden of turning the franchise around and I turn out to be a star or a supreme bust?

Can I be drafted in the 1st round without the pressure of being the top pick, but say I'm a sixth man who contributes and wins ROY?

I obviously know theres the long road to the NBA (with D-League and all), but what if I want that quick superstardom? I may want to make a player who may not have great ratings at first, but is a unique talent (super athletic Center, tall Guard, Point forward, etc).

I just don't want it so every player I make gets drafted in the 2nd round.

# 49 shindiana @ 08/13/09 06:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Po Pimp
Is there a possibility that my player gets drafted number 1 and he comes in with the burden of turning the franchise around and I turn out to be a star or a supreme bust? .
I would love it.
Having media coverage tracking our career is necessary (imagine if you can surprise media who called you a bust or don't live up to the hype and having articles calling you the new Kwame or Bowie..) but something tells me that we'll have to wait for 2k11 for such things.

# 50 ScottyKCMO @ 08/13/09 12:35 PM
I still don't understand if the draft combine add-on game integrates the real-life 2009 draft class into this new draft, or if the draft is comprised entirely of user-created players (via the 2K server). I'm just trying to figure out, if say, my created player gets drafted #16 overall by the Bulls, then does that mean when I continue the "my player" mode on 2K10, will the Bulls not have James Johnson on the roster?

Or, if the draft combine is comprised entirely of user-created players, then is this whole thing "in addition to" the real-life 2009 draft. So, if you get drafted first overall by the Clippers, would you join Blake Griffin on the roster? That seems to not make sense, because then the Clippers would have two #1 overall pick rookies when you start a franchise mode with them in 2K10.

Very confused here.

# 51 flamangatang2k5 @ 08/13/09 02:23 PM
If it’s anything like the Madden Superstar mode, you will join that team along with the original draft pick at your position. Its win/lose situation though.fficeffice" />>>
>>
-If you get drafted #1 and Bump Blake to #2 then that screws up all the rosters. >>
-If you get drafted #1 alongside Blake, the Clips get two #1 picks who could win ROTY which takes away from the experience. Especially if you happen to be a PF like ffice:smarttags" />lace w:st="on">Griffinlace>.>>
-the most likely scenario is you'll only be good enough for the 2nd round and will be picked side by side with whatever # pick you are.>>
> >

« Previous 123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.