Home
Madden 2010 News Post

MADDENOLIDAY, MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT & MORE on THE MADDEN VOICE *TONIGHT* (8/11) @ 9PM ET!

Special guests Pastapadre, GameSpot Senior Editor Brian "Mechberg" Ekberg, and Konsole Kingz CEO CJ "KingSoul" Peters will be giving their impressions about Madden 10, along with celebrity gamer Camp Lo's Sonny Cheeba stopping by to talk with us about his love for Madden and gaming in general, and GetYourTournament.com's Glen Cravens (The Game II) giving his take on the EA Sports Challenge Series hosted by MLG, and other recent developments in the Madden tournament scene. Special guests Gamer Graffix Founder/President/CEO Christopher White, Konsole Kingz Sports Community Manager Derrick "ButcherBlack" Baker, NJ KOTC's NJRod, LA KOTC's/MaddenPlayersUnited's A1, and EA Sports Dallas PlayStation Madden Challenge (8/8) Winner EAFL's Shodown, will also be joining us. Last, but definitely not least, in this season of "big announcements", a MAJOR ANNOUCEMENT for the ENTIRE Madden community will also be given LIVE on THE MADDEN VOICE -Hosted by EAFLCommish, *TONIGHT* (8/11) at 9PM ET!

EVERYONE is welcome to call in during the show with comments or questions!

To listen, click on the link below:
http://www.blogtalkradio.com/TheMaddenVoice

Show call-in phone number: (347) 838-9525
AIM: EAFLCommissioner
TWITTER: http://twitter.com/TheMaddenVoice
E-MAIL: [email protected]

See you all tonight, -spread the word!!

Madden NFL 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Madden NFL 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 76 - View All
Madden NFL 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 budsticky @ 08/11/09 05:25 PM
My guess on the major announcement is that they are just going to let stores start selling it tomorrow, what with all the early leaks taking place anyway.

# 2 bluprintkok @ 08/11/09 05:29 PM
nice one bud, very well could be...i would love for it to be salary cap for OF though.....:fingers crossed:: either way Im happy.

# 3 gr1014 @ 08/11/09 05:33 PM
I think the major announcement is about the Broadcast Camera being available on release day.

# 4 jayohehn @ 08/11/09 05:34 PM
That would be nice, but for some reason I hope that the announcement is the Franchise website will be up.

# 5 jayohehn @ 08/11/09 05:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluprintkok
nice one bud, very well could be...i would love for it to be salary cap for OF though.....:fingers crossed:: either way Im happy.
Nevermind, this is what I hope for.

# 6 Leftygroove @ 08/11/09 05:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by budsticky
My guess on the major announcement is that they are just going to let stores start selling it tomorrow, what with all the early leaks taking place anyway.
That's the first thing I thought, what with the deep discounts given by other stores that are undoubtedly causing people to cancel preorders. Since EA and Gamestop have a thing going on lately, they might announce that Gamestop is getting a 2 day headstart...

then again, wouldn't that put a damper on their midnight sales? who knows.

# 7 Millennium @ 08/11/09 05:43 PM
Just so everyone knows, TJ and I will both be on the show as well tonight.

# 8 ThePebble19 @ 08/11/09 05:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leftygroove
That's the first thing I thought, what with the deep discounts given by other stores that are undoubtedly causing people to cancel preorders. Since EA and Gamestop have a thing going on lately, they might announce that Gamestop is getting a 2 day headstart...

then again, wouldn't that put a damper on their midnight sales? who knows.
This would be excellent news. Would also be great to see an anouncement that they are making the AFL jersey avail. for download...that would be great also, but I don't think that would really qualify for a "major announcement."

# 9 KOACHK @ 08/11/09 05:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millennium
Just so everyone knows, TJ and I will both be on the show as well tonight.
-Looking forward to having you guys on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAFL Commish
The EAFL is close to officially joining a partnership that will take us to yet another level. This will be announced tonight on The Madden Voice. Tune in to find out.
Special guests Gamer Graffix Founder/President/CEO Christopher White, Konsole Kingz Sports Community Manager Derrick "ButcherBlack" Baker, NJ KOTC's NJRod, LA KOTC's/MaddenPlayersUnited's A1, and EA Sports Dallas PlayStation Madden Challenge (8/8) Winner EAFL's Shodown, will also be joining us LIVE on THE MADDEN VOICE -Hosted by EAFLCommish, *TONIGHT* (8/11) at 9PM ET!

To listen, click on the link below:
http://www.blogtalkradio.com/TheMaddenVoice

Remember! -THE MADDEN VOICE has officially changed it's URL to http://www.blogtalkradio.com/TheMaddenVoice on for both live and archived episodes. To find archived episodes of THE MADDEN VOICE on from now on, type in a search for "The Madden Voice" .

Show call-in phone number: (347) 838-9525
AIM: EAFLCommissioner
TWITTER: http://twitter.com/TheMaddenVoice
E-MAIL: [email protected]

-Don't miss out!!

To receive THE MADDEN VOICE newsletter, email "subscribe" to: [email protected]

To play in the EAFL Leagues, apply at: http://www.EAFLMadden.com/join.htm

Follow KOACHK on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/K0ACHK

# 10 emacfenian @ 08/11/09 05:58 PM
I bet the announcement will be about the first patch. But I have no idea really, just a guess.

# 11 jayohehn @ 08/11/09 06:05 PM
The whole -"The EAFL is close to officially joining a partnership that will take us to yet another level. This will be announced tonight on The Madden Voice. Tune in to find out." -thing sounds like the announcement, and is nothing I care about at all. Maybe I'm wrong though.

# 12 Marino @ 08/11/09 06:08 PM
Can't wait.

# 13 realultimatepower @ 08/11/09 06:08 PM
The chance of the release date being bumped up is pretty slim. Both EA and Gamestop have a lot of advertising revenue already poured into the campaign for Friday and I imagine theres a bunch of special commercials that will saturate that broadcast on Thursday. I just checked the twitters of the devs and EA Sports, and they're all hyping up "3 days left" BS as of just an hour ago:

http://twitter.com/eamaddennfl

That being said, I hope thats what it is, but realistically I don't think its possible.

One bright spot is that I know for a fact a lot of Gamestops got their shipments today (my local did as Im friends with the manager), but again, it just seems highly unlikely.

# 14 X12Celtics3 @ 08/11/09 06:09 PM
If a new partnership is what the new announcement is, I will be disappointed. Unless it is a completely amazing partnership that will actually affect the game immediately (of which I can think of none).

I know that there is pretty much no chance of this happening, but letting stores sell the game early would make me extremely happy. Its more likely something to do with the first patch or something, though. Actually, they are probably just as likely to announce that they are cancelling the game as they are to sell it early, but whatever. I've always believed that stores should be allowed to sell games/music/movies as soon as they get them, and not have to wait for a release date.

I have a really cool music store near me that always releases things early, but I can't find any stores that are selling Madden early.

# 15 DirtyJerz32 @ 08/11/09 06:09 PM
Nice. I wonder what the announcement will be? Probably the new broadcast camera angle or something like that.

# 16 WhiteMan22 @ 08/11/09 06:26 PM
Sounds cool, might have to watch. I read some of you said franchise website is up, salary cap on OF, or broadcast camera but can you really call these major announcements. Maybe close but not major. The game coming out early is a major annoucement, or the one guy who said a parternship with another company would be a major annoucement. Although this is just my opinion

# 17 jayohehn @ 08/11/09 06:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteMan22
Sounds cool, might have to watch. I read some of you said franchise website is up, salary cap on OF, or broadcast camera but can you really call these major announcements. Maybe close but not major. The game coming out early is a major annoucement, or the one guy who said a parternship with another company would be a major annoucement. Although this is just my opinion
I would look at salary cap/contracts for online dynasty a bigger announcement then the game being released early. 6 months from now what will have a bigger effect on the game?

# 18 bluprintkok @ 08/11/09 06:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayohehn
I would look at salary cap/contracts for online dynasty a bigger announcement then the game being released early. 6 months from now what will have a bigger effect on the game?

Its def MAJOR for Leagues not trying to have 32 randoms in the mix, and are still trying to keep the CPU competitive.

# 19 budsticky @ 08/11/09 06:35 PM
I don't see how it is so far fetched that they would release the game early. Like somebody said earlier, Gamestop is getting a little sting on all these copies that are being sold early. I'm sure it's not a huge sting. The ratio of people getting it early compared to those that don't have it isn't huge..but it still must be causing some lost sales nonetheless. And it's clear EA and Gamestop have a partnership.

And I don't really see the impact that advertising the game on Thursday night will really have. Aren't the people that are planning on buying the game already well aware of its presence and release date? I don't really think they are going to be getting new converts. After all, only true NFL fans (and fans of the teams involved) will be watching a pre-season game where the starters will be in for about one series.

Anyways, this would classify as a major announcement in my view. Is a new camera angle, salary cap in online franchise, or patch details really a major announcement?

# 20 realultimatepower @ 08/11/09 06:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteMan22
"Major announcement" is a relative term.

If the game was coming out early, EA wouldn't be all over twitter hyping the "3 day countdown" (as of minutes ago) and there would likely be a press release to the stores, which we'd hear about really quickly. Its easily EA's biggest game of the year and an early release date likely wouldnt be exclusived to a "fan site/podcast/community thing".

The amount of money put into this launch is on the level of major films.

I'd be stunned if they bumped the release date up.

« Previous1234Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.