Platform: PS3 / PSP / Xbox 360Votes for game: 48 - View All
NBA Live 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 statum71 @ 08/11/09 08:37 PM
Super, super impressive. I'm listening.

# 122 dynamiks @ 08/11/09 08:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayAP19
lol, you're still not gettin it, but I'm not gonna digress from the topic any longer...

Carry on.

Friggin media hype...
Dude I get it.. you're telling me Josh Smith does them as well, and Lebron is not the only one.

# 123 23 @ 08/11/09 09:00 PM
Who cares man lets stick to the topic

# 124 mercymerc23 @ 08/11/09 09:05 PM
Is there ever going to be a time when they dive for the ball and actually come up with it and is able to pass from the floor?

# 125 mercymerc23 @ 08/11/09 09:17 PM
Quote:
Very good question

thanks just hoping for a good answer

# 126 BiggD @ 08/11/09 09:22 PM
well i'm lovin this little glimpse of gameplay..

but as the crack addict said to the pusher.. "i need another hit man!!" LMAO

# 127 jstrick14 @ 08/11/09 09:23 PM
I like the way the ball actually contact the rim on the lay-ups. Instead of being all net every time.

# 128 DW3 @ 08/11/09 09:35 PM
all i can say is wow! its a night and day difference between 09 and 10. Great job. Do youguys have a specefic date for the demo yet. Is there gonna be a special gamestop exclusive demo like madden?

# 129 Jano @ 08/11/09 09:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronimous
I hope they fix the blocking stuff from BOOZER dunk over J.Oneal.. Pls fix that..
We only saw a small glimpse of the game who knows if that is a huge problem this year. Just because we saw it here doesn't mean its going to happen every time.

Gotta keep the vid in perspective it was 53 sec clip not a 10 min clip of gameplay. A lot of stupid things can happen in that amount of time.

Just look at NBA 2K9 great looking animations but even that game has its moments leave you thinking "wtf just happened."

# 130 stephensonmc @ 08/11/09 09:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeljordanjr
If you promise the days of driving and dunking are over I'm 100% sold. That's the only thing stopping me from playing NBA games anymore. I just hate that there's no defense and the game is DESIGNED for blowing passed the defense and dunking without missing.
I not only promise it, I guarantee it.

Try it first thing in the demo.

# 131 stephensonmc @ 08/11/09 09:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumbleweed
Hahaha, no he's saying that he's not the only one that does it... Josh Smith pins those all the time, hell, even Kobe's done that. Camby, whoever... no way is it a signature block for LeBron.
in fairness though, the term "pinning" and "chase-down block" started after LeBron was doing it. Josh may have started the trend, but LeBron brought it mainstream. Now there's talk of adding it as a seperate stat...

Sorry 23

# 132 TreyIM2 @ 08/11/09 10:00 PM
Marcus - It looks good, overall. I have to admit that some of the movement still reminds me of current gen Live but the extra animations for hustle plays and some of the rebounding and sizeup moves I've seen in the other vids look HOT!

A few sticking points were how the teams looked to stand around a lot with no movement and the defensive trailer on the fast break not at least jumping for a possible rebound.
During the loose ball situations, everyone not involved just seemed to stand and watch. I think they need to be more in "potential energy mode" during these situations where they look more ready to spring into action instead of just standing such as being caught between trying to keep tabs on who they're guarding and coming back to the ball to help, feel me?

As for the other standing around during the plays before the loose ball, I'm assuming there were isolation plays called just for the vids so that their is more focus on the hustle play. That's just my assumption, Marcus, and I'm hoping I'm assuming correctly....or the new player movement animations weren't being utilized, for that vid. Hmmm.

As for the defensive trailer not at least jumping for a potential rebound and just leaving the layup to a forgone conclusion, that speaks for itself. THAT should be a part of hustle play, as well. I've actually seen a few situations in the released vids that players don't try to at least jump for a rebound.

Other than that, it's all good...Oh, the crowd reactions seemed to not synch with the on-court action when there was a turn over for the home team leading to a fastbreak. I just think that the crowd should be pretty much on their feet as well as cheering as the fastbreak is happening.

Keep on strivin', my bruva. Peas...

# 133 Rob. D @ 08/11/09 10:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephensonmc

Now thats what im talking about.... I will hold you to this statement

# 134 marcoyk @ 08/11/09 10:05 PM
Looks like blocking is still messed up...
Everything else looked really good, but at 29 seconds two Lakers on the bench went through each other. Other than that I really, really like what I'm seeing.

# 135 green94 @ 08/11/09 10:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thmst30
The lighting is so damn beautiful!
After watching the video, this is the first thing I thought of and I was interested how long it would take someone to comment on it.

The lighting is FLAT OUT SICK. That is all, carry on.

# 136 krazyboy225 @ 08/11/09 10:36 PM
Looks amazing...cant wait to see more.

# 137 Behindshadows @ 08/11/09 10:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungMike
So like what is the big deal about this...I mean this is stuff 2K has been doing for a minute now and I feel like EA's motto this year is fundamentals!! Not sure what they are REALLY planning for but I want to see the BIG reveal this year and I kinda have an idea it will involve something DNA like...!
I hate to be so negative, but please go away, if your going to 2k up the forum with non-sense.

Unnecessary crap!

Live is back and yah! if the competition has done this and that. Thing is if it was done correctly and to perfection. It wouldn't be need in other games.

These guys have real time footplanting, DNA technology and other features that the competition has yet to get. So please no fanboy crap here.

# 138 TMagic @ 08/11/09 10:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephensonmc

Oh, I most definitely will. I'm getting Kobe first thing and attacking the rim. And my first demo impression will be the results of that action.

O, and those are some bold statements you've been making. You sir have been added to my sig.

# 139 EZ Snappin @ 08/11/09 10:46 PM
Quote:
Of course, the NBA saw a new way to market their golden boy. They couldn't give two sh*ts about Josh Smith, though.

Josh Smith not only invented and mastered it, but he has perfected it down to an art form.
Bill Russell wishes you all would just pipe down and understand there isn't anything new under the sun. "Josh Smith invented it" my foot.

# 140 yungflo @ 08/11/09 10:51 PM
The running seems a bit robotic. I mean they hustle animation looks awesome but afer they hustle for the ball, the players don't look in a rush to get into defend. They are running casually and sort of robotic.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.